Visit site
✟8,359.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Greens
I have had major upheavel in my life since January and am now finally beginning to settle down in a new home. I have not been to Church since Christmas and yesterday did something stupid, something I didn't think I would ever do. The Bible forbids it but because I have been feeling so miserable, lost and helpless I stupidly thought it would help.

I want The Lord back in my life but I am too ashamed to face him, will he want me back or is it too late?

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's never too late.

Do you think what you did came as a surprise to God? Do you think he looked down on you and said, "Wow, look at what Mistia did, I didn't expect that one!"? He knew you were going to do it before you did it.

You don't have to be ashamed of facing him because he was there at the time it happened. And he already forgives you for it, if you'll only ask him. Jesus' death covered all our sins, not just the ones we're not all that ashamed of. It's the ones we're most ashamed of that give us the most need for him.

Upvote 0

asianchexmix

No, I'm not sleeping I just have small eyes
Dec 22, 2003
Virginia
✟16,105.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Look on the prodigal son parable in the Bible. God loves us regardless of the mistakes we make. It's quite mind boggling because we can't really understand that kind of love that we receive but God not only wants you but He yearns for it. Don't be ashamed because we've all fell short but His grace and mercy sets us free. :)

Upvote 0

svl3p

Jul 27, 2006
ontario
✟8,218.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It's never too late. God knows that we'll mess up. He created us; He knows we're not perfect. But you don't have to be ashamed. God already knows what's happened. He knew before you did it. And He's standing there with His arms WIDE open waiting for you to ask for forgiveness and to run to Him.

HE LOVES YOU SOOOO MUCH!

Upvote 0

Forealzchola

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
California
✟23,254.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It is only too late when you are dead. Seek forgiveness in whatever sin you committed and rededicate your life to the Lord. Rebuke the spirit of condemnation in the name of Jesus...you need to get right with God and the enemy is using this guilt of this sin to keep you from getting right with God. Ask God run to Him and seek Him.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi Mistia,

I have had major upheavel in my life since January and am now finally beginning to settle down in a new home.
When you say that you have had a major upheavel, is that a family upheavel?

When you said that you are no settling down in a new home, have you left home or are you in care?

I have not been to Church since Christmas and yesterday did something stupid, something I didn't think I would ever do. The Bible forbids it but because I have been feeling so miserable, lost and helpless I stupidly thought it would help.
All forbidden sins can be confessed and repented, and ask HIM for forgiveness, and we do it verbally and not in our mind. We speak it out from our heart, have you confessed and repented this forbidden sin that you feel so ashame of?

The enemy is always behind guilt and shame!

I want The Lord back in my life but I am too ashamed to face him, will he want me back or is it too late?
Well, you can face HIM, when you have confessed and repented that forbidden sin, repent means that you will do it no more.

When we struggle with problems, they can turn into strongholds, and those strongholds are hard to shake and need good, solide Spiritual Warfare to overcome and conquer. You can't do that by "SELF". You need someone to turn to, a good mentor. Best you go back to church and when the pastor offers prayer for those who need prayer, run to the front and confess and repent you sin to him, and then ask our Lord Jesus Christ for forgiveness.

HE loves you, and knows why and how, but the main thing about confession and repentance is to take that land back from the enemy, and cut of any spiritual connection to that sin.

Be strong in our Lord Jesus Christ, it's the enemy who is making you feel dirty.

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0

rachelnicole

May 14, 2008
Texas
Visit site
✟7,633.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God loves you no matter what, despite any mistakes you have set yourself into.
He sent His son to die for your sins, so that you may live a life for Him.

So do it!
Repent and have confidence knowing that your shame is a good thing; without it, your path would not be straight. Praise be to God for love and forgiveness, for we will spend an eternity together, in the safety of His arms!

God Bless

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When we repent and confess our sins, He forgives us and forgets it (doesn't hold it against us). So if He doesn't, there's no reason why we should hold on to it. Right? Accept His forgiveness. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” (Jeremiah 31:34)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wrexscar

May 15, 2008
Wales
✟15,375.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
I know this has been posted before, but go away and read the parable of the prodigal son. God will always take you back.

Remember While we where still sinners God loved you, do you think he will stop loving you now he has adopted you into his family?

Also there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus, God/ Holy Spirit may convict but the moment you feel condemed that feeling is not of God and needs to be rejected. Satan is doing his old 1,2 trick he tempted you and you fell for it, now he is accusing you " A real christian wouldn't have done that, God can never forgive you now" He is not called the father of lies for nothing. Tell God what you have done(although he knows)Ask his forgiveness . Sorted praise God for loving forgiveness for you and restoration of the realationship, it's that simple.

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the garden, when Adam and Eve saw their nakedness after eating the forbidden fruit, they actually saw how fragile they were and when God called, they hid from Him. You are seeing your sinful self and in the same way as Adam, you are afraid to come before God. But, God knows your sin already, it's not hidden from Him. What prevents you from facing him is embarrassment and shame.

But, please know, that God had the answer for Adam and has it for you as well. Since we all have fallen short, we are all in need of a Savior. God provided for Adam and for you as well.

No matter your sin, you are always able to return to God and He won't reject you. His promise to you is to be with you all the days and God doesn't lie. Fear not. Pray to Him and He'll give you the comfort you so badly need right now.

Upvote 0

prayergal

Instrument of Peace
Sep 29, 2007
Central Valley in California
✟8,977.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The harder thig is forgiving yourself. The devil is doing his job by trying to keep you away from God. He is constantly reminding you of what you did. And you are listening to him and feeling bad thinking that if you feel bad enough that it will punish away the guilt. Problem is it doesn't work. There is absolutely no need to punish yourself for one more second because Jesus already covered it. His blood covers every sin. Every sin. Even yours. All you have to do is take it to the cross and say, "I'm sorry." It really is that simple. And then the relationship is restored.

Pray a prayer like this: "Dear Jesus,I know that You saw my sin and that I broke Your heart in the process. My heart is broken too and I know that I can't fix this on my own. I bring it to You. I confess that ________ was wrong. I am so sorry. I ask You to cleanse it. I ask You to help me to never, ever do something like that again. I thank You for loving me and taking care of me. I appreciate everything that You have done for me and what You are going to do. I love You, Lord. Amen."

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I just hope I have not gone too far this time and really tested His patience...

do you really think you can test God's patience? He knows exactly how long it will take you to get down on your knees and pray for forgiveness and accept it from him.... you are only testing your own patience by worrying. God will be there when you are through as he has from eternity past to present and will be the same Yesterday, Today, and Forever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I john 2 1My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for[a] the sins of the whole world.

Upvote 0

gabrielListens

eagles fly alone
Apr 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Calif.
✟17,401.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Corinthians 1:26-29:

"Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things--and the things that are not--to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him."

Luke 5:8-11:

When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus' knees and said, "Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!" For he and all his companions were astonished at the catch of fish they had taken, and so were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, Simon's partners. Then Jesus said to Simon, "Don't be afraid; from now on you will catch men." So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him.

Mark 3:28 (the words of Our Lord):

I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them.

Upvote 0