Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
One of the greatest deceptions of today is the teaching of the trinity. So great is the deception, that it has even been pushed into most versions of the scriptures, causing most of the world to err in everything that they do or think. First and foremost, before jumping into the doctrinal explanations to refute the trinity, and how it slurs a believers perception of truth, I will bring to light certain evidences that demonstrate the spuriousness of the two trinity verses, on which the entire doctrine of the trinity is based on. These two verses are,
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, (Matthew 28:19 [NIV])

And also,
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (1 John 5:7 [KJV])

Lets discuss the 1 John 5:7 verse first. When researching the existence of this verse in all the Greek manuscripts, you will find that there are only about 10 Greek manuscripts that have the trinity phrase, out of hundreds of other different Greek manuscripts. And not only that, these 10 known manuscripts are also all dated by scholars from the 10th century and onwards, so this trinity phrase was indeed forged unto the 1 John 5:7 in these later manuscripts, without any doubt. According to Wikipedia, the 10 known manuscripts having this spurious addition, also known as the "Comma Johanneum", are,
Even when looking at all modern Bible translations, you will observe that most do not even have this spurious trinity phrase added, because it doesn't exist at all in any early manuscript. You can look at the rendering of this verse in several translations here. So immediately after doing some research on the history on this particular verse, is there without a doubt, an obvious indication of forgery.

Next, concerning the Matthew 28:19 verse. Sadly, every manuscript we currently know of has the trinity phrase. However the oldest manuscripts that we do have are are dated to a later time, to the 4th century, which includes the Codex Vaticanus and the Codex Sinaiticus. So we have no known manuscripts for the first few centuries, which is indeed very puzzling. We therefore cannot know for certain if these later manuscripts indeed had the original rendering of the Matthew 28:19 verse. There is, however, one exception though, the Shem Tov's Matthew Gospel written in Hebrew, which does not have the trinity phrase, but is dated to around the 14th century. Little is known on what source was used to derive this gospel, so it is therefore not a strong evidence to prove a forgery for this particular verse. However, this gospel still remains noteworthy, because this manuscript may have been derived from an earlier credible manuscript also not having the trinity phrase. So although we do not know the exact rendering of the original Matthew 28:19 verse because of the lack of early manuscripts, we can still analyze other scriptures to determine if this verse harmonizes with other scriptures, as the true words of God never contradict each other. Lets take a look at these verses,
And Peter said to them, Repent, and be immersed each of you in the name of Jesus Christ for a release of sins! and you shall receive the present of the holy spirit. (Acts 2:38 [ABP])
And whatever you should ask in my name, this I shall do, that the father should be glorified in the son. (John 14:13 [ABP])
And everything, what ever you should do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to the God and father by him. (Colossians 3:17 [ABP])
And when they believed Philip announcing good news, the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were immersed, both men and women. (Acts 8:12 [ABP])
For not yet was it falling upon any one of them; but only being immersed in the name of the Lord Jesus. (Acts 8:16 [ABP])
And he assigned them to be immersed in the name of the Lord. Then they asked him to remain some days. (Acts 10:48 [ABP])
And having heard, they were immersed in the name of the Lord Jesus. (Acts 19:5 [ABP])

So already in these 7 verses, we see a contradiction with the Matthew 28:19 verse. The seven verses say to do all things, including baptisms, in the name of Jesus, whereas the Matthew 28:19 verse says to baptisms in the name of the trinity. So which is right, the Matthew 28:19 verse that is in dispute and also has a counterpart forged verse (1 John 5:7) that appears only in a few later manuscripts, or these other seven verses that are undisputed and truly authentic? The answer should be obvious, all things are to be done in the name of Jesus alone. So even though this Matthew 28:19 trinity verse exists in all the manuscripts that we know of, isn't it strange that it contradicts seven other scriptures, and then the other 1 John 5:7 trinity verse that also exists only appears in ten known manuscripts out of hundreds? Already there is something extremely suspicious concerning these two verses that both have the same teaching, and somehow spuriously appears in certain manuscripts, and also disharmonizes with other scriptures. In any American court of law, casting this type of reasonable doubt would more than likely be enough to compel any sensible jury in any case! Not only is the disharmony evident in scripture, but even early catholic church members, such as Eusebius, are recorded quoting this same scripture without the use of the trinity phrase,
But the rest of the apostles, who had been incessantly plotted against with a view to their destruction, and had been driven out of the land of Judea, went unto all nations to preach the Gospel, relying upon the power of Christ, who had said to them, “Go ye and make disciples of all the nations in my name.” Book III of his History, Chapter 5, Section 2

Also also again he says in this other writing,

What king or prince in any age of the world, what philosopher, legislator or prophet, in civilized or barbarous lands, has attained so great a height of excellence, I say not after death, but while living still, and full of mighty power, as to fill the ears and tongues of all mankind with the praises of his name? Surely none save our only Savior has done this, when, after his victory over death, he spoke the word to his followers, and fulfilled it by the event, saying to them, “Go ye and make disciples of all nations in my name.” Oration in Praise of Emperor Constantine, Chapter 16, Section 8

So, going further, one might ask a couple questions, who pushed this doctrine and how is it possible that the Matthew 28:19 trinity verse ended up in every manuscript that we have? When investigating history, does it become evident that this forgery and destruction of early manuscripts came from the hand of the roman catholic church. After doing some research, I was able to uncover some history on this matter. Herein is a Huffington Post article by Bernard Starr, named "Why Christians Were Denied Access to Their Bible for 1,000 Years", and in it we have the following historical roman catholic catholic decrees,
  • Decree of the Council of Toulouse (1229 C.E.): "We prohibit also that the laity should be permitted to have the books of the Old or New Testament; but we most strictly forbid their having any translation of these books."
  • Ruling of the Council of Tarragona of 1234 C.E.: "No one may possess the books of the Old and New Testaments in the Romance language, and if anyone possesses them he must turn them over to the local bishop within eight days after promulgation of this decree, so that they may be burned..."
  • Proclamations at the Ecumenical Council of Constance in 1415 C.E.: Oxford professor, and theologian John Wycliffe, was the first (1380 C.E.) to translate the New Testament into English to "...helpeth Christian men to study the Gospel in that tongue in which they know best Christ's sentence." For this "heresy" Wycliffe was posthumously condemned by Arundel, the archbishop of Canterbury. By the Council's decree "Wycliffe's bones were exhumed and publicly burned and the ashes were thrown into the Swift River."
  • Fate of William Tyndale in 1536 C.E.: William Tyndale was burned at the stake for translating the Bible into English. According to Tyndale, the Church forbid owning or reading the Bible to control and restrict the teachings and to enhance their own power and importance.
And these are later century book burning decrees. There are also historical accounts of the burning of books by the roman catholic church as soon as the council of Nicaea,

The synod of Nicaea, Constantine and the condemnation and burning of Arian books, illustration from a northern Italian compendium of canon law, ca. 825
Wikipedia First Council of Nicaea, with illustration under "Arian controversy"

So even then, at the time of the council of the Nicaea, there were even men from within the catholic church, that were opposing this new teaching of the trinity, and they were called Arians, as they taught that Jesus was indeed created. It was at the council of the Nicaea, that the teaching of trinity then became instituted by the roman catholic church. We even have this quote in this Wikipedia article concerning what happened in this council,
One modern scholar, unaffected by the doctrinal issues involved, states: "All the evidence we possess of nearly three centuries of theological thinking on the subject would suggest that, after some give and take, a creed quietly voicing Arius’ ideas would have commanded a substantial majority among the bishops assembled at Nicaea. Yet the doctrine of consubstantiality (homoousia) triumphed, no doubt thanks to the clever politicking of the party led by Bishop Alexander and Athanasius, which succeeded in winning over to their side the all-powerful emperor. The idea of consubstantiality never occurred to any of the leading representatives of Christianity prior to 325; it would indeed have sounded anathema. By contrast, after 325 the claim of inequality between Father and Son amounted to heresy".
Wikipedia Arian Controversy, The Council of Nicaea (325)

This teaching of "consubstantiality" is also part of the teaching of the trinity. Going further, you cannot deny that the catholic church has burned books, and that they were the ones who promulgated the teaching of the trinity. Therefore, summing things up, based on clear contradictions that the two trinity verses have with other verses that all things were done in the name of Jesus alone, and knowing the catholic church's history of burning books that opposed their doctrines, and knowing that the only two oldest known surviving bible manuscripts that we know of are dated to the 4th century and both are roman catholic manuscripts, and that one of the trinity verses (1 John 5:7) spuriously exists in only a few much later manuscripts indicating an obvious forgery, and that there are even early catholic church fathers that quote the verse without the use of the trinity phrase, one must therefore conclude that the trinity doctrine is a false doctrine pushed by the roman catholic church!

So the next question one might ask is, why is the doctrine of the trinity evil and how does it slur a believer's perception of truth?

The first thing the doctrine of the trinity does is it takes away the glory of the Father as the only being that has never begun, as it is even said in Isaiah,
Be witnesses to me! and I witness, says the LORD God, and my servant whom I chose. That you should know, and should trust, and should perceive that I am. Before me another god did not exist, and after me it will not be. (Isaiah 43:10 [ABP])

Notice that there is a distinction between God, the Father, in whom no other god's existed before him, and between his chosen servant, who we now know as Jesus, the son. It doesn't say, "before me and my servant none existed", only the Father has this glory. Even Jesus affirms,
You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. (John 14:28 [NIV])

The Father is indeed greater than Jesus, not only in power, but also in precedence of existence. In this precedence of existence, it means the Father came first, then the son, which is even how the precedence of existence occurs in how God created the relationship between a father and a son. A father comes first, then a son, and a son does not come at the same time as a father. And since we know that the Father never began, the next natural order of precedence would be that Jesus did indeed begin. If Jesus had indeed come at the same time as the Father, God would've called Jesus a brother, not a son. And here we have the scripture declaring Jesus as a son,
declaring the order of the LORD. The LORD said to me, you are my son, I today engendered you. (Psalms 2:7 [ABP])

And notice how the scripture then says, "today". Today what? I engendered you. So this scripture is indeed affirming, that at some point in time, since "today" can only refer to a point in time since the beginning, Jesus was brought forth into existence, hence "engendered". So when was he brought forth into existence? Not when he was conceived in the flesh, as he had already existed before, as he says here,
And now you glorify me, O father, with the glory of yourself! which I had with you before the world being in existence. (John 17:5 [ABP])

He was brought forth into existence in the beginning, before the world began. And what exactly is the world? The world is not the earth itself, but it is instead the things in it, hence why we have this scripture,
[16] for in him were created the whole, the things in the heavens, and the things upon the earth — the visible and the unseen; whether thrones, whether lordships, whether sovereignties, whether authorities; the whole through him and in him have been created.
(Colossians 1:15-16 [ABP])

This verse is indeed describing what things Jesus created. It was things in the heavens, and things on the earth. And also we have this scripture,
He was in the world, and the world by him existed, and the world knew him not. (John 1:10 [ABP])

This scripture isn't saying the earth didn't know him, but instead that the "world", or rather, the people of this world didn't know him. Also we have this scripture,
[15] Do not love the world, nor the things in the world! If anyone should love the world, the love of the father is not in him; [16] for every thing in the world– the desire of the flesh, and the desire of the eyes, and the ostentatiousness of existence, is not of the father, but is of the world.
(I John 2:15-16 [ABP])

This scripture isn't saying don't love the earth, it's saying don't love the world, which is currently a wicked world that exists upon the earth. By why is it important to make a distinction that Jesus created the world upon the earth, but not the earth itself? Because before Jesus created the world upon the earth, it was the Father who first created the heavens and earth, which coincides with this scripture,
God in wisdom founded the earth; and he prepared the heavens in intelligence. (Proverbs 3:19 [ABP])

This is why water, and even spirit of God upon the water, existed before the first utterance of "let there be light". Because they were part of the founding of the earth, and the preparation of the heavens by the Father, which also included bringing Jesus into existence. It was then after this founding and preparation was established by the Father, that then through the utterances of Jesus, he began creating things in the heaven, and upon the earth, which is what is called the "world", and the first thing that was created by Jesus was light, since "let there be light" was the first utterance made by him. We can also see in this scripture that Jesus was indeed present in the beginning, but because he was made in the beginning,
[1] In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God. [2] This one was in the beginning with God. [3] All through him existed, and apart from him existed not even one thing which exists.
(John 1:1-3 [ABP])

Also, notice how it says, “all through him existed”. This isn’t talking about "all things" as some scriptures erroneously translate adding "things", it is talking about all living beings. All living beings through him existed, and not one living being which exists, exists apart from him. This coincides with the Genesis account, as all living beings came into existence through the utterances of Jesus.

So therefore, in correctly understanding these scriptures, does it become obvious that the Father did himself create first, which included creating Jesus, and then through Jesus, he spoke the world into existence, which includes the things on the earth and in the heaven. This is how Jesus is also called the exact image of God, because just as the Father has created in the largest scope, so has the son created in a smaller scope than the Father, yet this smaller scope is indeed a very large scope because it includes all life. Hence why we have these scriptures,
[15] who is the image of the unseen God, first-born of all creation;
(Colossians 1:15-16 [ABP])

He therefore, is not only the image of God, in that he also creates as the Father creates, but he is also the first-born of all creation, meaning he was created first, then all living beings were created after and through him. This is why Jesus is also called the only son of God, because he is the only being that has been directly created by the Father,
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16 [ESV])

We also have this scripture affirming that just as the Father does, so does the son, which also reflects that just as the Father created, so did the son also create in like manner,
Then answered Jesus, and he said to them, Amen, amen, I say to you, the son is not able to do of himself anything, unless what he should see the father doing; for what ever that one should do, these also the son in like manner does. (John 5:19 [ABP])

Jesus Christ is the express image of the Father, not only in being creator as the Father is creator, but also in being the executor of the full wrath and judgment of the Father,
For neither the father judges any one, but all judgment he has given to the son; (John 5:22 [ABP])

Some might ask, well how can something that is created be God? The Father is well pleased in giving power to those whom he has chosen, its in fact the whole point of God engendering children, so that they too may participate in the divine nature of God, similar to how any father would give their own children responsibilities to do things on behalf of themselves, as it is even said here,
Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. (2 Peter 2:4 [NIV])

And we even see in this scripture, that Moses, even being much lesser than Jesus, and being a type of Jesus, was made to be like God by God,
Then the LORD said to Moses, “See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet. (Exodus 7:1 [NIV])

So if Moses, being much lesser than Jesus, was made as God to Pharaoh, how much more can God make Jesus, who he made first before all living beings, as God over his entire creation?

The Father is a being we cannot fathom, as it even says here,
As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
(Isaiah 55:9 [NIV])
"Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty? (Job 11:7 [NIV])
How great is God--beyond our understanding! The number of his years is past finding out. (Job 36:26 [NIV])

And also it is said here,
But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built! (1 Kings 8:27 [NIV])

Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. (Luke 12:7 [NIV])

And also we have this scripture,
He predestined
us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, (Ephesians 1:5 [ESV])

So we have a supreme being that has always existed, that is unfathomable and beyond our understanding, that has ways much higher than our ways, that has the hairs of every person on earth counted, and that even also predestines, and that not even the highest heaven can contain him... so how does a being of this incredible magnitude who cannot himself inhabit his own creation best express himself? Through beings he creates that image him, and the highest being he has created is Jesus, who is the highest expression of the Father, as it is even said here,
who, being the radiance of His glory and the exact expression of His substance, and upholding all things by the power of His word, through having made the purification of sins, sat down at theright hand of the Majesty on high, (Hebrews 1:3 [BLB])

This is one of the biggest deceptions of the Trinity, as it takes away the true distinction of the Father as an incredible being of power beyond our understanding, and Jesus as a separate being, powerful above all things created, yet lesser than the Father, but made to carry out all things of the Father as a full expression of the Father. The trinity doctrine brings the Father down to the level of a son, and the son to the level of a father, which slurs the truth concerning these two distinct beings, even Jesus himself says,
But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. (Matthew 24:36 [NIV])

If Jesus were truly equivalent to the Father, how could he not know the hour of his own coming? This scripture therefore indicates Jesus' limitation of knowledge, just as we are limited in knowledge, as in we do not the number of hairs on everyone's head, not even our own, and neither does Jesus, because we are all created beings that possess only a finite measure of knowledge, and we do not know the quantities of every single little thing from how many grains of sand exist on the earth to how many stars exist in the heavens, these are things only the Father knows. We therefore, just as Jesus, receive amounts of knowledge as time passes, as the Father reveals them to us all.

The next thing the doctrine of the trinity slurs our perception of ourselves in relation to God. The trinity doctrine abstracts the divine nature of the Father to three beings, taking away your perception of your own adoption into the family of God as a son of God just as Jesus is also a son of God. Jesus Christ, although being the first-born of all creation and the only being directly created by the Father, is not the only son of God. God has indeed brought forth more sons. The household of God is a family, not a trinity, which includes us, which is why the trinity doctrine is a foolish doctrine. We even have this scripture,
The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." (Romans 8:15 [NIV])

Here Paul is affirming that those who have the spirit are also made sons of God, able to call God "Father", just as Jesus called God "Father". But what does this sonship actually mean? It means the same concerning concerning Jesus, that just as he was image of God, so are those who are adopted in as sons of God also images of God, yet in a lesser way than Jesus, as he is the highest expression of the Father, as he is the one in closest relationship to the Father, as he says here,
No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known. (John 1:18 [NIV])

So, being adopted in a son of God in the similitude of Jesus means that just as he was glorified, so will we be glorified,
To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Thessalonians 2:14 [ESV])

And it is also said here,
Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. (1 John 3:2 [NIV])

And also said here,
For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. (1 Corinthians 15:53 [NIV])

And also said here,
Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear. (Matthew 13:42 [NIV])

And also here,
that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God. (Romans 8:21 [NIV])

So therefore, it becomes obvious that those adopted as sons of God will also be glorified just as Jesus was glorified, and immortalized just as Jesus was immortalized. Yet we do not yet know what his glorious body looks like, nor even what our own glories will look like, since when he appeared to the apostles after his resurrection in his new body, he had not yet been glorified, as it is said,
By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified. (John 7:39 [NIV])

The glorification of Jesus happened after he ascended to the heaven to sit at the right hand of God,
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'" (John 20:17 [NIV])
After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. (Mark 16:19 [NIV])
After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight. They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven." (Acts 1:9-11 [NIV])

This glory that he then received after he ascended to the Father is the same glory that will then be seen by everyone on earth at his second coming,
But in those days, following that distress, 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.' At that time people will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. (Mark 13:24 [NIV])

Yet his glorification is the highest glorification of all the sons of God, as each will receive a different measure of glory, some higher, and some lower, as it is also said here,
There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another. The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor. So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; (1 Corinthians 15:40 [NIV])

How is one's measure of glory increased at the resurrection? One is your measurement of suffering in this current time, as it is said here,
Women received back their dead, raised to life again. There were others who were tortured, refusing to be released so that they might gain an even better resurrection. (Hebrews 11:25 [NIV])

Which brings me to my next point in what being an adopted son of God means, that just as we are partakers in his glory and his immortality, so must we also be partakers of his sufferings and his humility that came first before his glorification, as it is said here,
But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. (1 Peter 4:13 [NIV])

And also here,
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, (1 Peter 5:6 [ESV])

This is why humility is necessary in the present time, because those that humble themselves now, will be the ones who receive this tremendous glorification and immortality later, and those who exalt themselves now, will be the ones that are humbled later, as it is said here,
For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted. (Matthew 23:12 [NIV])

And also,
So the last will be first, and the first will be last. (Matthew 20:16 [NIV])

So how does one go about humbling himself? Here is how those of the early assemblies of God did it,
All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. (Acts 2:44-45 [NIV])

And Jesus also said,
When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." (Luke 18:22 [NIV])

Humility is a literal act of ridding yourself of all extra possessions you don't need, and giving to the poor, and bringing yourself to a lowly state of the bare necessities of life, as even this old proverb states,
Remove far from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me, (Proverbs 30:8 [ESV])

It is then when you humble yourself, that God will hear you, otherwise he will ignore and resist you, which coincides with this scripture,
The LORD resists the proud, but gives favor to the humble. (Proverbs 3:34 [ABP])

This is why those of the early church humbled themselves, that God then may show them favor and grant them repentance, and also his holy spirit.

So being an adopted son means partaking in the sufferings of Jesus, in his humility, in his glory, in his immortality, and also, in his judgment. Meaning that just as he judges, so will those that are adopted as sons of God will also judge, as it is said here,
Or do you not know that the Lord's people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! (1 Corinthians 6:2-3 [NIV])

When will judgment be granted to the sons of God? At the coming of Jesus Christ, when they are glorified as he has been glorified, which is also mentioned in this prophecy,
I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4 [NIV])

Not only is judgment granted, but also rulership and dominion over the earth is also granted to all the sons of God, as it is said in this same prophecy "...they came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years...". This also coincides with,
God blesses those who are humble, for they will inherit the whole earth. (Matthew 5:5 [NLT])
For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. (Romans 8:19 [NIV])

Not only is the rulership of the sons of God over the land of the earth, but also over the survivors of the great tribulation that are the ones who remain mortal on the earth, who will also be blessed, as the earth will be filled with the righteousness of God, and even Satan will be bound of a thousand years at this time, which coincides with these prophecies,
After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. (Revelation 7:9 [NIV])
Then one of the elders asked me, "These in white robes--who are they, and where did they come from?" I answered, "Sir, you know." And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. (Revelation 7:13-14 [NIV])
He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time. (Revelation 20:2 [NIV])

Notice how Satan is kept from deceiving the nations. The nations are the ones who have not been glorified at the coming of Jesus, and these are the ones who remain mortal, and later on, when Satan is let loose again, are the ones are utterly destroyed at the completion of the thousand years,
When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth--Gog and Magog--and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. (Revelation 20:7 [NIV])

Going further, the next thing the doctrine of the trinity slurs is not correctly perceiving who holy spirit is, and its true role in the lives of those adopted as sons of God. Holy spirit appears to be a mysterious singular being by the teaching of the trinity, some people perceive it to be only a state of mind, while others perceive it to be a real being. Holy spirit is an actual being, like you or I. First, he has opinions,
For it seemed good to the holy spirit, and to us, to place upon you no load except these things of necessity, (Acts 15:28 [ABP])

He has emotions,
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. (Ephesians 4:30 [NIV])

He is told what to say,
But whenever that one should come, the spirit of the truth, he will guide you into all the truth; he shall not speak from himself;but as much as whatever he should hear, he shall speak; and the things coming he shall announce to you. (John 16:13 [ABP])

He also intercedes for us without as knowing what we need,
And likewise also the spirit aids in our weaknesses. For the thing — what we pray for according to necessity, we do not know; but the spirit itself intercedes for us with unutterable moanings. (Romans 8:26 [ABP])

Holy spirit also searches the things of God, and tells us what it finds,
But to us God revealed by his spirit. For the spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. (I Corinthians 2:10 [ABP])

From all these characteristics, holy spirit is without a doubt a living being, like you, like myself, and even like Jesus, who has understanding, and searches things, and reveals what he knows and what he is told, yet also has finite knowledge like any other created being. So how do we interact with this holy spirit to do all these things that are described he does? By him entering into us, possessing our bodies, as any other spirit does in likewise manner. Although unclean spirits possess the body for malicious reasons, which sometimes cause illnesses, and sometimes even lunatic behavior, holy spirit on the other hand possesses the body for a holy purpose, to sanctify it, making it able to walk straight before God, and by removing evil desires from within, thus causing a man to sin no more because of the removal of the root of sin which is evil desires. This coincides with these scriptures,
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. (Romans 8:9 [NIV])
For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.(Romans 8:14 [NIV])
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. (1 John 3:9 [NIV])

But for these things to happen, holy spirit must live in your body, not outside of it, as Paul says, "if indeed the spirit of God lives in you". So how do you know when it lives in you? Because it will literally speak inside your head with its own voice, and even tell you things you wouldn't know, even things about the future. It is not your own voice inside your head, as many people think that their own voice inside their head could be holy spirit. When holy spirit enters your body, it is also always evident by a sign, which is usually the power of speaking in different languages you do not know, or can also be by prophesying,
And they were filled all together of holy spirit, and they began to speak with other languages, as the spirit gave to them to be declared. (Acts 2:4 [ABP])
But you shall receive power of the holy spirit coming upon you. And you will be to me witnesses in both Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and unto the end of the earth. (Acts 1:8 [ABP])
And Paul having put hands upon them, the holy spirit came upon them, both speaking languages and prophesying. (Acts 19:6 [ABP])

Having holy spirit living inside you is then when it becomes evident that you are chosen, and you then become sealed for salvation,

In whom also you, having heard the word of the truth the good news of your deliverance -- in whom also having trusted, you were sealed by the spirit of the promise in the holy; (Ephesians 1:13 [ABP])

If you do not have holy spirit, you do not belong to Jesus Christ,

...And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. (Romans 8:9 [NIV])

It therefore behooves you, that if you become aware by reading this study that you really don't have the spirit of God, to figure out why God has not given it to you, since it is a gift freely given, and what you must do to actually get it. Anybody who dies and does not receive holy spirit will not attain the salvation of Jesus. As I described above, one of the things necessary to get holy spirit is humility. The other is repentance, as holy spirit will not be given to anyone who refuses to stop sinning, as Paul even says,
Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning... (1 Corinthians 15:34 [NIV])

And then also, giving to the poor, as these are the acts of mercy and charity God desires that entreat his favor,
[1] And a certain man was there in Caesarea, by name Cornelius, a centurion of the cohort being called, Italic; [2] pious and fearing God with all his house, both performing much charity to the people, and beseeching God always.
(Acts 10:1-2 [ABP])
And gazing upon him, and becoming thrown into fear, he said, What is it, O Lord? And he said to him, Your prayers and your charity ascended for a memorial before God. (Acts 10:4 [ABP])

Going further, the last reason why the doctrine of the trinity skews understanding concerning holy spirit is because holy spirit is not just one being, it is instead, many holy spirit beings, distinctly given to each individual person chosen for salvation, which is how a being that has finite knowledge as any created being, is able to inhabit different bodies at the same time, because they are distinct beings, yet all operating for the same purpose. Holy spirit is actually an angel, that is turned into a being of "moving air", which is what the original word for "spirit" is, "pneuma", which is "moving air, wind, breath". So these beings that are called "spirits", are in fact beings made of "moving air". But why air? Because moving air is the conduit by which our flesh is given life. Our bodies of flesh that breath in air to live, are therefore, made accessible to be entered into and inhabited as vessels though the breath we inhale, by these "spirit" beings made of moving air. And not just the flesh of men, but even the flesh of animals can be entered into by these beings of moving air, because animals also breath in air. Angels can also take other forms other than moving air, such as fire, and even bodily forms, yet the scripture that indicates that God turns angels into moving air is this one,
the one making his angels winds, and his ministers a flame of fire; (Psalms 104:4 [ABP])

And even in this scripture we also have affirmation that each prophet of God has a different spirit given to them,
For spirits of prophets submit to prophets. (I Corinthians 14:32 [ABP])

[13] And to which of the angels said he at some time or other? Sit down at my right, until whenever I should put your enemies as a footstool of your feet! [14] Are they not all ministering spirits, being sent in service on account of the ones being about to inherit deliverance?
(Hebrews 1:13-14 [ABP])

Meaning that angels are turned into ministering beings of "moving air", since that is what the word spirit means in the original Greek. We even have affirmation of this in Exodus, that this same holy spirit that exists now that even does not forgive blasphemy nor sins against it, is similar to the angel of the LORD that also did not forgive transgression after the Hebrews were freed from slavery to the Egyptians,
See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.
(Exodus 23:20-21 [NIV])

But then in Isaiah we read,
But they resisted persuasion, and provoked his holy spirit. And the LORD turned against them for enmity; he waged war against them. (Isaiah 63:10 [ABP])

Yet this angel in Exodus, was a type of a greater guidance to come, a guidance that is now given from within the body, by an angel made into holy spirit that inhabits the body of a chosen son of God. This is another reason why the doctrine of the trinity is a foolish doctrine, because it teaches that holy spirit is only one being that somehow is able to singularly inhabit the bodies of many people at once presupposing it to be omnipresent as the Father is. This is not so, there are many holy spirits, and each adopted son of God is given a distinct holy spirit to guide him individually and to cater to his individual needs specifically, yet all operate as one for the purpose of salvation.

May God open your understanding. You can also view this study and other studies on my blog at http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2016/01/08/why-the-trinity-is-a-false-doctrine/ .

Last edited:

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,971.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the greatest deceptions of today is the teaching of the trinity. So great is the deception, that it has even been pushed into most versions of the scriptures, causing most of the world to err in everything that they do or think. First and foremost, before jumping into the doctrinal explanations to refute the trinity, and how it slurs a believers perception of truth, I will bring to light certain evidences that demonstrate the spuriousness of the two trinity verses, on which the entire doctrine of the trinity is based on.

The doctrine of the trinity isn't based on just 2 verses, but on the fact that Scripture says the Father is divine, the Son is divine and the Spirit, God's Spirit, is divine. Yet there is only one God, not three.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth ................. and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters." Genesis 1:1-2
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him, all things were made ....." John 1:1-3.
"Then God said, 'let us make man in our own image'," Genesis 1:26
"Then I heard the voice of God saying, 'whom shall I send and who will go for us?' " Isaiah 6:8
Jesus said, "Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began", John 17:5.

To quote just a few.

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The doctrine of the trinity isn't based on just 2 verses, but on the fact that Scripture says the Father is divine, the Son is divine and the Spirit, God's Spirit, is divine. Yet there is only one God, not three.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth ................. and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters." Genesis 1:1-2
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him, all things were made ....." John 1:1-3.
"Then God said, 'let us make man in our own image'," Genesis 1:26
"Then I heard the voice of God saying, 'whom shall I send and who will go for us?' " Isaiah 6:8
Jesus said, "Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began", John 17:5.

To quote just a few.

You are not rightly dividing scripture. "Spirit of God" was indeed Jesus, as he was the only spirit being that was brought forth into existence as a part of the foundation the Father set, before any other living being came into existence, whether plant, or angel, or man, or animal.

This spirit of God, was also the word, because it uttered things into existence, hence why he is called "the word", or "the speech" of God.

When Jesus spoke, "let us make man", he was speaking about himself and the Father.

When Jesus said, "with the glory I had with you before the world began", he was referring to his glory he had at the time he had come into existence as a spirit of God in the beginning, before the world upon the earth was brought forth into existence by him.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,971.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are not rightly dividing scripture. "Spirit of God" was indeed Jesus,

No, Jesus is the Word; the divine and eternal Logos. The Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit. In the OT he is called "spirit of God" or "Spirit of the Lord". in Acts he is referred to as "the Spirit of Jesus".
The Word became flesh - Jesus.

One God, three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
No, Jesus is the Word; the divine and eternal Logos. The Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit. In the OT he is called "spirit of God" or "Spirit of the Lord". in Acts he is referred to as "the Spirit of Jesus".
The Word became flesh - Jesus.

One God, three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Jesus was a spirit of God before he came into the flesh, he was thus this "spirit of God" in the beginning, and through him did all beings come into existence, as he spoke them into existence, and also breathed life into them, because this "spirit" was a being of "moving air", since that is what the original word for "spirit" means. And thus, because he was a being a moving air, he was then able to give breath into the flesh of men and animals, and bring forth life. Yet even now, a distinct holy spirit being is given, it is not this same Jesus that existed in the beginning as the spirit of God, but it is the angels, who are also made into spirits of God, that Jesus brought forth into existence on the 4th day of creation, as "holy spirit" that each man receives is not singular omnipresent being as the teaching of the trinity teaches, but it is in fact a holy spirit that is an angel made into the form of spirit, to be able to inhabit the bodies of the elect. Hence why we even have this verse,
The spirits of prophets are subject to the control of prophets. (1 Corinthians 14:32 [NIV])

Each elect son of God receives a distinct holy spirit that guides him, intercedes for him, gives gifts to the man it inhabits as it wills, and also caters do his own specific needs.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Reactions: Wgw
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,971.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was a spirit of God before he came into the flesh, he was thus this "spirit of God" in the beginning,

Jesus IS God. He is God the Son, who became flesh.

and through him did all beings come into existence, as he spoke them into existence, and also breathed life into them, because this "spirit" was a being of "moving air", since that is what the original word for "spirit" means.

God the Father spoke all things into being, through Jesus and with the Spirit.
Before you can speak you have to take a breath, and when you speak out, you breath out at the same time. God spoke the Word through the breath of the Spirit. Through Jesus, the Word, all things were created.
The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

Yet even now, a distinct holy spirit being is given, it is not this same Jesus that existed in the beginning as the spirit of God, but it is the angels, who are also made into spirits of God, that Jesus brought forth into existence on the 4th day of creation, as "holy spirit" that each man receives is not singular omnipresent being as the teaching of the trinity teaches, but it is in fact a holy spirit that is an angel made into the form of spirit, to be able to inhabit the bodies of the elect. Hence why we even have this verse.

Where does Scripture say any of this? Each person having their own Holy Spirit, is not Scriptural at all; that would mean there were millions of Holy Spirits. Angels are created beings; THE Holy Spirit is God, eternal and was with God before anything was created.

Each elect son of God receives a distinct holy spirit that guides him, intercedes for him, gives gifts to the man it inhabits as it wills, and also caters do his own specific needs.

No. Jesus told his disciples that if he went away - died, rose and ascended - he would send his Holy Spirit to live in them, teach them about him, lead them into truth and give them the resources they needed to witness to him. The Holy Spirit was poured out at Pentecost, fulfilling a prophecy made by Joel. Because Jesus has died and reconciled to God all those who believe, the Spirit CAN live inside believers. Paul says that the Holy Spirit assures us that we are God's children, gives us gifts and that if we are in him, we will bear fruit, (Galatians 5:22-23.) It is the ONE Holy Spirit who does this for all believers - not millions of individual spirits.

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus IS God. He is God the Son, who became flesh.

God the Father spoke all things into being, through Jesus and with the Spirit.
Before you can speak you have to take a breath, and when you speak out, you breath out at the same time. God spoke the Word through the breath of the Spirit. Through Jesus, the Word, all things were created.
The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

Where does Scripture say any of this? Each person having their own Holy Spirit, is not Scriptural at all; that would mean there were millions of Holy Spirits. Angels are created beings; THE Holy Spirit is God, eternal and was with God before anything was created.

No. Jesus told his disciples that if he went away - died, rose and ascended - he would send his Holy Spirit to live in them, teach them about him, lead them into truth and give them the resources they needed to witness to him. The Holy Spirit was poured out at Pentecost, fulfilling a prophecy made by Joel. Because Jesus has died and reconciled to God all those who believe, the Spirit CAN live inside believers. Paul says that the Holy Spirit assures us that we are God's children, gives us gifts and that if we are in him, we will bear fruit, (Galatians 5:22-23.) It is the ONE Holy Spirit who does this for all believers - not millions of individual spirits.

Here is one scripture indicating that believer receives a distinct spirit,
The spirits of prophets are subject to the control of prophets. (1 Corinthians 14:32 [NIV])

Notice that the word is plural. Meaning that each prophet has one holy spirit, giving utterance, yet under the control of the prophet, to not cause disharmony in the assemblies of God.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
The dangers of trying to interpret scripture on your own can fry the brain!

The Holy Spirit is the best interpreter of scripture of which has been alive through the Holy Catholic Church for centuries. The original church of Christ. Why deviate from the truth?

Upvote 0

Harfelugan

Nov 12, 2010
✟17,053.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Notice that the word is plural. Meaning that each prophet has one holy spirit, giving utterance, yet under the control of the prophet, to not cause disharmony in the assemblies of God.

Read the before and after content, the spirits of the prophets, (their own living souls/spirits), are under the control of the prophet himself. Although Spirit empowered he has the ability to wait his turn.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Read the before and after content, the spirits of the prophets, (their own living souls/spirits), are under the control of the prophet himself. Although Spirit empowered he has the ability to wait his turn.

It is not the soul/spirit of a man that gives utterance of prophecy, but it is the holy spirit that does, hence why Paul says that these spirits are subject to the prophets when they do tell or cause a man to speak.

Upvote 0

Harfelugan

Nov 12, 2010
✟17,053.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It is not the soul/spirit of a man that gives utterance of prophecy, but it is the holy spirit that does, hence why Paul says that these spirits are subject to the prophets when they do tell or cause a man to speak.

I'm in agreement with the bolded section of your post as it was how my first post complies in that the prophets were Spirit led. Hence Paul says that the prophets can control their own spirits while being led into prophecy by the Holy Spirit. Meaning they could stop themselves from interrupting a prophet who was already speaking to avoid confusion. We cant cherry pick a verse without contemplating it within it's context. Many of your original verses in your original post are debatable from both sides. This one isn't. It also says nothing against your position. In other words you weren't right, you weren't even wrong you missed the whole side of the barn on this verse.

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm in agreement with the bolded section of your post as it was how my first post complies in that the prophets were Spirit led. Hence Paul says that the prophets can control their own spirits while being led into prophecy by the Holy Spirit. Meaning they could stop themselves from interrupting a prophet who was already speaking to avoid confusion. We cant cherry pick a verse without contemplating it within it's context. Many of your original verses in your original post are debatable from both sides. This one isn't. It also says nothing against your position. In other words you weren't right, you weren't even wrong you missed the whole side of the barn on this verse.

Having control of your own spirit goes without saying, so surely Paul would not have made mention of this unless referring to the spirit inside the prophet causing the utterance. Holy spirit is not an omnipresent being, as it has finite knowledge just as Jesus has finite knowledge. Holy spirit is therefore a distinct being given to each.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,971.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No, each person has a spirit - all of us have a body, a mind and spirit, (which makes us triune beings :idea:). In that verse, Paul is saying that a prophet's own spirit is subject to him; under his control. It doesn't say "each Holy Spirit that a prophet has is under his control."

In Romans 8:16 Paul says that the Spirit testifies to our spirits that we are children of God. If we each had an individual Holy Spirit, he would be testifying to himself.

Reactions: Izzy23
Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
No, each person has a spirit - all of us have a body, a mind and spirit, (which makes us triune beings :idea:). In that verse, Paul is saying that a prophet's own spirit is subject to him; under his control. It doesn't say "each Holy Spirit that a prophet has is under his control."

In Romans 8:16 Paul says that the Spirit testifies to our spirits that we are children of God. If we each had an individual Holy Spirit, he would be testifying to himself.

That verse doesn't confirm nor deny the plurality each holy spirit, as even "our spirits", when looking at an interlinear text, is actually a singular term, "our spirit", yet we know that all men do not have the same spirit, but we each have our own spirit. You can see the interlinear for yourself here and see that word for our spirit, "pneumati", is indeed singular noun, http://biblehub.com/interlinear/romans/8-16.htm .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You are not rightly dividing scripture. "Spirit of God" was indeed Jesus, as he was the only spirit being that was brought forth into existence as a part of the foundation the Father set, before any other living being came into existence, whether plant, or angel, or man, or animal.
I guess that's why he said that the Father would send the Holy Spirit after he, Jesus, had left this world. He was referring to himself there. Some form of divine revolving door.
:destroyed:

Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the greatest deceptions of today is the teaching of the trinity. So great is the deception, that it has even been pushed into most versions of the scriptures, causing most of the world to err in everything that they do or think. First and foremost, before jumping into the doctrinal explanations to refute the trinity, and how it slurs a believers perception of truth, I will bring to light certain evidences that demonstrate the spuriousness of the two trinity verses, on which the entire doctrine of the trinity is based on. These two verses are,

And also,

Lets discuss the 1 John 5:7 verse first. When researching the existence of this verse in all the Greek manuscripts, you will find that there are only about 10 Greek manuscripts that have the trinity phrase, out of hundreds of other different Greek manuscripts. And not only that, these 10 known manuscripts are also all dated by scholars from the 10th century and onwards, so this trinity phrase was indeed forged unto the 1 John 5:7 in these later manuscripts, without any doubt. According to Wikipedia, the 10 known manuscripts having this spurious addition, also known as the "Comma Johanneum", are,
Even when looking at all modern Bible translations, you will observe that most do not even have this spurious trinity phrase added, because it doesn't exist at all in any early manuscript. You can look at the rendering of this verse in several translations here. So immediately after doing some research on the history on this particular verse, is there without a doubt, an obvious indication of forgery.

Next, concerning the Matthew 28:19 verse. Sadly, every manuscript we currently know of has the trinity phrase. However the oldest manuscripts that we do have are are dated to a later time, to the 4th century, which includes the Codex Vaticanus and the Codex Sinaiticus. So we have no known manuscripts for the first few centuries, which is indeed very puzzling. We therefore cannot know for certain if these later manuscripts indeed had the original rendering of the Matthew 28:19 verse. There is, however, one exception though, the Shem Tov's Matthew Gospel written in Hebrew, which does not have the trinity phrase, but is dated to around the 14th century. Little is known on what source was used to derive this gospel, so it is therefore not a strong evidence to prove a forgery for this particular verse. However, this gospel still remains noteworthy, because this manuscript may have been derived from an earlier credible manuscript also not having the trinity phrase. So although we do not know the exact rendering of the original Matthew 28:19 verse because of the lack of early manuscripts, we can still analyze other scriptures to determine if this verse harmonizes with other scriptures, as the true words of God never contradict each other. Lets take a look at these verses,

So already in these 7 verses, we see a contradiction with the Matthew 28:19 verse. The seven verses say to do all things, including baptisms, in the name of Jesus, whereas the Matthew 28:19 verse says to baptisms in the name of the trinity. So which is right, the Matthew 28:19 verse that is in dispute and also has a counterpart forged verse (1 John 5:7) that appears only in a few later manuscripts, or these other seven verses that are undisputed and truly authentic? The answer should be obvious, all things are to be done in the name of Jesus alone. So even though this Matthew 28:19 trinity verse exists in all the manuscripts that we know of, isn't it strange that it contradicts seven other scriptures, and then the other 1 John 5:7 trinity verse that also exists only appears in ten known manuscripts out of hundreds? Already there is something extremely suspicious concerning these two verses that both have the same teaching, and somehow spuriously appears in certain manuscripts, and also disharmonizes with other scriptures. In any American court of law, casting this type of reasonable doubt would more than likely be enough to compel any sensible jury in any case! Not only is the disharmony evident in scripture, but even early catholic church members, such as Eusebius, are recorded quoting this same scripture without the use of the trinity phrase,

Also also again he says in this other writing,

So, going further, one might ask a couple questions, who pushed this doctrine and how is it possible that the Matthew 28:19 trinity verse ended up in every manuscript that we have? When investigating history, does it become evident that this forgery and destruction of early manuscripts came from the hand of the roman catholic church. After doing some research, I was able to uncover some history on this matter. Herein is a Huffington Post article by Bernard Starr, named "Why Christians Were Denied Access to Their Bible for 1,000 Years", and in it we have the following historical roman catholic catholic decrees,
  • Decree of the Council of Toulouse (1229 C.E.): "We prohibit also that the laity should be permitted to have the books of the Old or New Testament; but we most strictly forbid their having any translation of these books."
  • Ruling of the Council of Tarragona of 1234 C.E.: "No one may possess the books of the Old and New Testaments in the Romance language, and if anyone possesses them he must turn them over to the local bishop within eight days after promulgation of this decree, so that they may be burned..."
  • Proclamations at the Ecumenical Council of Constance in 1415 C.E.: Oxford professor, and theologian John Wycliffe, was the first (1380 C.E.) to translate the New Testament into English to "...helpeth Christian men to study the Gospel in that tongue in which they know best Christ's sentence." For this "heresy" Wycliffe was posthumously condemned by Arundel, the archbishop of Canterbury. By the Council's decree "Wycliffe's bones were exhumed and publicly burned and the ashes were thrown into the Swift River."
  • Fate of William Tyndale in 1536 C.E.: William Tyndale was burned at the stake for translating the Bible into English. According to Tyndale, the Church forbid owning or reading the Bible to control and restrict the teachings and to enhance their own power and importance.
And these are later century book burning decrees. There are also historical accounts of the burning of books by the roman catholic church as soon as the council of Nicaea,

So even then, at the time of the council of the Nicaea, there were even men from within the catholic church, that were opposing this new teaching of the trinity, and they were called Arians, as they taught that Jesus was indeed created. It was at the council of the Nicaea, that the teaching of trinity then became instituted by the roman catholic church. We even have this quote in this Wikipedia article concerning what happened in this council,

This teaching of "consubstantiality" is also part of the teaching of the trinity. Going further, you cannot deny that the catholic church has burned books, and that they were the ones who promulgated the teaching of the trinity. Therefore, summing things up, based on clear contradictions that the two trinity verses have with other verses that all things were done in the name of Jesus alone, and knowing the catholic church's history of burning books that opposed their doctrines, and knowing that the only two oldest known surviving bible manuscripts that we know of are dated to the 4th century and both are roman catholic manuscripts, and that one of the trinity verses (1 John 5:7) spuriously exists in only a few much later manuscripts indicating an obvious forgery, and that there are even early catholic church fathers that quote the verse without the use of the trinity phrase, one must therefore conclude that the trinity doctrine is a false doctrine pushed by the roman catholic church!

So the next question one might ask is, why is the doctrine of the trinity evil and how does it slur a believer's perception of truth?

The first thing the doctrine of the trinity does is it takes away the glory of the Father as the only being that has never begun, as it is even said in Isaiah,

Notice that there is a distinction between God, the Father, in whom no other god's existed before him, and between his chosen servant, who we now know as Jesus, the son. It doesn't say, "before me and my servant none existed", only the Father has this glory. Even Jesus affirms,

The Father is indeed greater than Jesus, not only in power, but also in precedence of existence. In this precedence of existence, it means the Father came first, then the son, which is even how the precedence of existence occurs in how God created the relationship between a father and a son. A father comes first, then a son, and a son does not come at the same time as a father. And since we know that the Father never began, the next natural order of precedence would be that Jesus did indeed begin. If Jesus had indeed come at the same time as the Father, God would've called Jesus a brother, not a son. And here we have the scripture declaring Jesus as a son,

And notice how the scripture then says, "today". Today what? I engendered you. So this scripture is indeed affirming, that at some point in time, since "today" can only refer to a point in time since the beginning, Jesus was brought forth into existence, hence "engendered". So when was he brought forth into existence? Not when he was conceived in the flesh, as he had already existed before, as he says here,

He was brought forth into existence in the beginning, before the world began. And what exactly is the world? The world is not the earth itself, but it is instead the things in it, hence why we have this scripture,

This verse is indeed describing what things Jesus created. It was things in the heavens, and things on the earth. And also we have this scripture,

This scripture isn't saying the earth didn't know him, but instead that the "world", or rather, the people of this world didn't know him. Also we have this scripture,

This scripture isn't saying don't love the earth, it's saying don't love the world, which is currently a wicked world that exists upon the earth. By why is it important to make a distinction that Jesus created the world upon the earth, but not the earth itself? Because before Jesus created the world upon the earth, it was the Father who first created the heavens and earth, which coincides with this scripture,

This is why water, and even spirit of God upon the water, existed before the first utterance of "let there be light". Because they were part of the founding of the earth, and the preparation of the heavens by the Father, which also included bringing Jesus into existence. It was then after this founding and preparation was established by the Father, that then through the utterances of Jesus, he began creating things in the heaven, and upon the earth, which is what is called the "world", and the first thing that was created by Jesus was light, since "let there be light" was the first utterance made by him. We can also see in this scripture that Jesus was indeed present in the beginning, but because he was made in the beginning,

Also, notice how it says, “all through him existed”. This isn’t talking about "all things" as some scriptures erroneously translate adding "things", it is talking about all living beings. All living beings through him existed, and not one living being which exists, exists apart from him. This coincides with the Genesis account, as all living beings came into existence through the utterances of Jesus.

So therefore, in correctly understanding these scriptures, does it become obvious that the Father did himself create first, which included creating Jesus, and then through Jesus, he spoke the world into existence, which includes the things on the earth and in the heaven. This is how Jesus is also called the exact image of God, because just as the Father has created in the largest scope, so has the son created in a smaller scope than the Father, yet this smaller scope is indeed a very large scope because it includes all life. Hence why we have these scriptures,

He therefore, is not only the image of God, in that he also creates as the Father creates, but he is also the first-born of all creation, meaning he was created first, then all living beings were created after and through him. This is why Jesus is also called the only son of God, because he is the only being that has been directly created by the Father,

We also have this scripture affirming that just as the Father does, so does the son, which also reflects that just as the Father created, so did the son also create in like manner,

Jesus Christ is the express image of the Father, not only in being creator as the Father is creator, but also in being the executor of the full wrath and judgment of the Father,

Some might ask, well how can something that is created be God? The Father is well pleased in giving power to those whom he has chosen, its in fact the whole point of God engendering children, so that they too may participate in the divine nature of God, similar to how any father would give their own children responsibilities to do things on behalf of themselves, as it is even said here,

And we even see in this scripture, that Moses, even being much lesser than Jesus, and being a type of Jesus, was made to be like God by God,

So if Moses, being much lesser than Jesus, was made as God to Pharaoh, how much more can God make Jesus, who he made first before all living beings, as God over his entire creation?

The Father is a being we cannot fathom, as it even says here,

So we have a supreme being that has always existed, that is unfathomable and beyond our understanding, that has ways much higher than our ways, that has the hairs of every person on earth counted, and that even also predestines, and that not even the highest heaven can contain him... so how does a being of this incredible magnitude who cannot himself inhabit his own creation best express himself? Through beings he creates that image him, and the highest being he has created is Jesus, who is the highest expression of the Father, as it is even said here,

This is one of the biggest deceptions of the Trinity, as it takes away the true distinction of the Father as an incredible being of power beyond our understanding, and Jesus as a separate being, powerful above all things created, yet lesser than the Father, but made to carry out all things of the Father as a full expression of the Father. The trinity doctrine brings the Father down to the level of a son, and the son to the level of a father, which slurs the truth concerning these two distinct beings, even Jesus himself says,

If Jesus were truly equivalent to the Father, how could he not know the hour of his own coming? This scripture therefore indicates Jesus' limitation of knowledge, just as we are limited in knowledge, as in we do not the number of hairs on everyone's head, not even our own, and neither does Jesus, because we are all created beings that possess only a finite measure of knowledge, and we do not know the quantities of every single little thing from how many grains of sand exist on the earth to how many stars exist in the heavens, these are things only the Father knows. We therefore, just as Jesus, receive amounts of knowledge as time passes, as the Father reveals them to us all.

The next thing the doctrine of the trinity slurs our perception of ourselves in relation to God. The trinity doctrine abstracts the divine nature of the Father to three beings, taking away your perception of your own adoption into the family of God as a son of God just as Jesus is also a son of God. Jesus Christ, although being the first-born of all creation and the only being directly created by the Father, is not the only son of God. God has indeed brought forth more sons. The household of God is a family, not a trinity, which includes us, which is why the trinity doctrine is a foolish doctrine. We even have this scripture,

Here Paul is affirming that those who have the spirit are also made sons of God, able to call God "Father", just as Jesus called God "Father". But what does this sonship actually mean? It means the same concerning concerning Jesus, that just as he was image of God, so are those who are adopted in as sons of God also images of God, yet in a lesser way than Jesus, as he is the highest expression of the Father, as he is the one in closest relationship to the Father, as he says here,

So, being adopted in a son of God in the similitude of Jesus means that just as he was glorified, so will we be glorified,

And it is also said here,

And also said here,

And also said here,

And also here,

So therefore, it becomes obvious that those adopted as sons of God will also be glorified just as Jesus was glorified, and immortalized just as Jesus was immortalized. Yet we do not yet know what his glorious body looks like, nor even what our own glories will look like, since when he appeared to the apostles after his resurrection in his new body, he had not yet been glorified, as it is said,

The glorification of Jesus happened after he ascended to the heaven to sit at the right hand of God,

This glory that he then received after he ascended to the Father is the same glory that will then be seen by everyone on earth at his second coming,

Yet his glorification is the highest glorification of all the sons of God, as each will receive a different measure of glory, some higher, and some lower, as it is also said here,

How is one's measure of glory increased at the resurrection? One is your measurement of suffering in this current time, as it is said here,

Which brings me to my next point in what being an adopted son of God means, that just as we are partakers in his glory and his immortality, so must we also be partakers of his sufferings and his humility that came first before his glorification, as it is said here,

And also here,

This is why humility is necessary in the present time, because those that humble themselves now, will be the ones who receive this tremendous glorification and immortality later, and those who exalt themselves now, will be the ones that are humbled later, as it is said here,

And also,

So how does one go about humbling himself? Here is how those of the early assemblies of God did it,

And Jesus also said,

Humility is a literal act of ridding yourself of all extra possessions you don't need, and giving to the poor, and bringing yourself to a lowly state of the bare necessities of life, as even this old proverb states,

It is then when you humble yourself, that God will hear you, otherwise he will ignore and resist you, which coincides with this scripture,

This is why those of the early church humbled themselves, that God then may show them favor and grant them repentance, and also his holy spirit.

So being an adopted son means partaking in the sufferings of Jesus, in his humility, in his glory, in his immortality, and also, in his judgment. Meaning that just as he judges, so will those that are adopted as sons of God will also judge, as it is said here,

When will judgment be granted to the sons of God? At the coming of Jesus Christ, when they are glorified as he has been glorified, which is also mentioned in this prophecy,

Not only is judgment granted, but also rulership and dominion over the earth is also granted to all the sons of God, as it is said in this same prophecy "...they came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years...". This also coincides with,

Not only is the rulership of the sons of God over the land of the earth, but also over the survivors of the great tribulation that are the ones who remain mortal on the earth, who will also be blessed, as the earth will be filled with the righteousness of God, and even Satan will be bound of a thousand years at this time, which coincides with these prophecies,

Notice how Satan is kept from deceiving the nations. The nations are the ones who have not been glorified at the coming of Jesus, and these are the ones who remain mortal, and later on, when Satan is let loose again, are the ones are utterly destroyed at the completion of the thousand years,

Going further, the next thing the doctrine of the trinity slurs is not correctly perceiving who holy spirit is, and its true role in the lives of those adopted as sons of God. Holy spirit appears to be a mysterious singular being by the teaching of the trinity, some people perceive it to be only a state of mind, while others perceive it to be a real being. Holy spirit is an actual being, like you or I. First, he has opinions,

He has emotions,

He is told what to say,

He also intercedes for us without as knowing what we need,

Holy spirit also searches the things of God, and tells us what it finds,

From all these characteristics, holy spirit is without a doubt a living being, like you, like myself, and even like Jesus, who has understanding, and searches things, and reveals what he knows and what he is told, yet also has finite knowledge like any other created being. So how do we interact with this holy spirit to do all these things that are described he does? By him entering into us, possessing our bodies, as any other spirit does in likewise manner. Although unclean spirits possess the body for malicious reasons, which sometimes cause illnesses, and sometimes even lunatic behavior, holy spirit on the other hand possesses the body for a holy purpose, to sanctify it, making it able to walk straight before God, and by removing evil desires from within, thus causing a man to sin no more because of the removal of the root of sin which is evil desires. This coincides with these scriptures,

But for these things to happen, holy spirit must live in your body, not outside of it, as Paul says, "if indeed the spirit of God lives in you". So how do you know when it lives in you? Because it will literally speak inside your head with its own voice, and even tell you things you wouldn't know, even things about the future. It is not your own voice inside your head, as many people think that their own voice inside their head could be holy spirit. When holy spirit enters your body, it is also always evident by a sign, which is usually the power of speaking in different languages you do not know, or can also be by prophesying,

Having holy spirit living inside you is then when it becomes evident that you are chosen, and you then become sealed for salvation,

If you do not have holy spirit, you do not belong to Jesus Christ,

It therefore behooves you, that if you become aware by reading this study that you really don't have the spirit of God, to figure out why God has not given it to you, since it is a gift freely given, and what you must do to actually get it. Anybody who dies and does not receive holy spirit will not attain the salvation of Jesus. As I described above, one of the things necessary to get holy spirit is humility. The other is repentance, as holy spirit will not be given to anyone who refuses to stop sinning, as Paul even says,

And then also, giving to the poor, as these are the acts of mercy and charity God desires that entreat his favor,

Going further, the last reason why the doctrine of the trinity skews understanding concerning holy spirit is because holy spirit is not just one being, it is instead, many holy spirit beings, distinctly given to each individual person chosen for salvation, which is how a being that has finite knowledge as any created being, is able to inhabit different bodies at the same time, because they are distinct beings, yet all operating for the same purpose. Holy spirit is actually an angel, that is turned into a being of "moving air", which is what the original word for "spirit" is, "pneuma", which is "moving air, wind, breath". So these beings that are called "spirits", are in fact beings made of "moving air". But why air? Because moving air is the conduit by which our flesh is given life. Our bodies of flesh that breath in air to live, are therefore, made accessible to be entered into and inhabited as vessels though the breath we inhale, by these "spirit" beings made of moving air. And not just the flesh of men, but even the flesh of animals can be entered into by these beings of moving air, because animals also breath in air. Angels can also take other forms other than moving air, such as fire, and even bodily forms, yet the scripture that indicates that God turns angels into moving air is this one,

And even in this scripture we also have affirmation that each prophet of God has a different spirit given to them,

Meaning that angels are turned into ministering beings of "moving air", since that is what the word spirit means in the original Greek. We even have affirmation of this in Exodus, that this same holy spirit that exists now that even does not forgive blasphemy nor sins against it, is similar to the angel of the LORD that also did not forgive transgression after the Hebrews were freed from slavery to the Egyptians,

But then in Isaiah we read,

Yet this angel in Exodus, was a type of a greater guidance to come, a guidance that is now given from within the body, by an angel made into holy spirit that inhabits the body of a chosen son of God. This is another reason why the doctrine of the trinity is a foolish doctrine, because it teaches that holy spirit is only one being that somehow is able to singularly inhabit the bodies of many people at once presupposing it to be omnipresent as the Father is. This is not so, there are many holy spirits, and each adopted son of God is given a distinct holy spirit to guide him individually and to cater to his individual needs specifically, yet all operate as one for the purpose of salvation.

May God open your understanding. You can also view this study and other studies on my blog at http://www.wisdomofgod.co/2016/01/08/why-the-trinity-is-a-false-doctrine/ .
This kind of exhaustive study does what God would never do: go back on His word.

By doing so, you do not take into account the providence of God over His word down through the ages.

You also go against Christ's plans to speak plainly, as stated in John 16:25

...Your studies have taken you back to Egypt (so to speak).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I guess that's why he said that the Father would send the Holy Spirit after he, Jesus, had left this world. He was referring to himself there. Some form of divine revolving door.
:destroyed:

Not everyone has holy spirit to receive his guidance. It is given only to a few select people.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,971.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That verse doesn't confirm nor deny the plurality each holy spirit,

Where in the Bible are we told that every believer has their own, individual Holy Spirit? Jesus told his disciples he would send the Holy Spirit to them - one Spirit, not one each

Seems to me that you've built a doctrine on one verse.

Reactions: Izzy23
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Not everyone has holy spirit to receive his guidance. It is given only to a few select people.
And since the Bible uses personal pronouns to refer to the Holy Ghost...there isn't a 'ghost' of a chance that you're right about that! :D

Reactions: Wgw
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.