anonymouswho

Jul 28, 2015
✟16,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus:

I'm sorry my friend, but what does this have to do with Paul writing "who works all things after the council of his own will"? What does this have to do with "at the dispensation of the fullness of times to gather together all things in Messiah"? Does all things only include the Ephesians? Does He only work all things after the council of his own will towards the Ephesians? I don't really see what you're saying.

Listen to Me, O house of Jacob,
And all the remnant of the house of Israel

Again, does God only declare the beginning and the end of Israel? Will Hos council only stand with Israel? Will He only do all His pleasure with Israel? He is the God of all flesh.

"Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son." Genesis 18:14

Was God talking to Israel when He said this? Is anything too hard for God, but only if it applies to Abraham?

I really don't understand why the things you highlight make any difference as to whether these verses are correct. What about these:

"But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased." Psalm 115:3

"Whatsoever the LORD pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places." Psalm 135:6

"And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?" Daniel 4:35

Did Nebuchadnezzar not realize that this only applies to Israel, Abraham, and the Ephesians?

Thank you my friend.

Reactions: 2KnowHim
Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry my friend, but what does this have to do with Paul writing "who works all things after the council of his own will"? What does this have to do with "at the dispensation of the fullness of times to gather together all things in Messiah"? Does all things only include the Ephesians? Does He only work all things after the council of his own will towards the Ephesians? I don't really see what you're saying.
Well, that's because you jumped in on a different part of the discussion. The point here was that the words of salvation from God that can be quoted...are only to His chosen.
Again, does God only declare the beginning and the end of Israel? Will Hos council only stand with Israel? Will He only do all His pleasure with Israel? He is the God of all flesh.
No. But until Christ NO OTHER NATIONS (people) were included in God's salvation plan, only His chosen. Just as Christ said: “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.Matthew 15:24

Only after the cross did salvation come to the gentile nations.
I really don't understand why the things you highlight make any difference as to whether these verses are correct. What about these:

"But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased." Psalm 115:3

"Whatsoever the LORD pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places." Psalm 135:6

"And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?" Daniel 4:35
Those verses don't say God saves all flesh, they just say that He does what He wants. And on the contrary, all flesh was condemned already, from whom He chose the "elect." "Many are called, but few are chosen." Matthew 22:14

Furthermore, if you still have doubt, Christ clearly reveals the fate of the ungodly, saying: "And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.” Revelation 14:11

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
About 20 years ago I had an encounter with the Lord God of Hosts, totally unexpectedly, completely by surprise, however you know who it is straight away because there is no deception with him, he knows the secret of every heart, and somebody I was very much in Love with was hanging in the balance of Life and Death at that very moment, afterwards I was left jumping for Joy, because as that massive presence (that nobody wants to leave) began to recede (because my Time was not yet) I had gained insight into Gods intentions towards all people and how he really does feel about all of us, is the only way I can describe it.....1 Timothy 2:4, is true, God will have everybody be saved and come to the knowledge of the Truth. I have heard what I know described as Universal Salvation and reconciliation, and I personaly know or have come to the knowledge of the truth that it is Gods Great plan of Salvation. Yet I keep on Noticing all these angry Christians that hate their enemies and want to see them suffer some Eternal Torment, I wonder are these Christians The Goats that Jesus describes in Revelations, you know the ones that said they cast out Demons in his name ?
They are angry because they believe that God is a God of eternal conscious torture. They become like the one they serve. If God tortures his enemies forever in hell, then anything they do to their enemies is mild by comparison. Any action becomes justified in their minds, because after all, God hates who they hate and their God will torture them forever.

However if God is a God of Mercy who came to seek and to save that which is lost, who gave up Himself on the Cross to rescue those who are perishing, then those of us who serve Him grow to be more and more like like Him, seeking to save any who are perishing and looking with grace and kindness to those who are perishing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
But the point you are not considering, is "why" creation and salvation exist in the first place. It is because God's plan is to save the lost, but also to destroy Satan, evil, and his followers. God wants "all" to come to repentance...but "all" do not (and are destroyed), and are condemned to eternal damnation. It is not/was not an idle threat.
I would definitely place Satan and his followers under
the category of "the lost". So, if God's plan is to save
"the lost", then why would He destroy that which He
plans to save? It makes no sense.

It doesn't matter what we do or don't do—He always
carries through on His plans. This goes right back to what
I have already explained in post #87.

-

Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would definitely place Satan and his followers under
the category of "the lost". So, if God's plan is to save
"the lost", then why would He destroy that which He
plans to save? It makes no sense.

It doesn't matter what we do or don't do—He always
carries through on His plans. This goes right back to what
I have already explained in post #87.

-
Among the "lost" are the "chosen" and the "elect", which by the terminology alone, it is obvious that there are also those who are not, "chosen", etc....but in several passages He also say, very clearly, “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 7:21

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They are angry because they believe that God is a God of eternal conscious torture. They become like the one they serve. If God tortures his enemies forever in hell, then anything they do to their enemies is mild by comparison. Any action becomes justified in their minds, because after all, God hates who they hate and their God will torture them forever.

... It would definitely explain Westboro Baptist Church.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Among the "lost" are the "chosen" and the "elect", which by the terminology alone, it is obvious that there are also those who are not, "chosen", etc....but in several passages He also say, very clearly, “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 7:21
So while He came to seek and save the lost—and
scripture has established that He will do all He plans
on doing—He somehow doesn't achieve His goal
due to some hair-splitting over which of the lost
are ... erm ... too lost for even God to find and save?

Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So while He came to seek and save the lost—and
scripture has established that He will do all He plans
on doing—He somehow doesn't achieve His goal
due to some hair-splitting over which of the lost
are ... erm ... too lost for even God to find and save?

No, not "hair-splitting", but very clear exceptions. Some have decided to stay evil. They are NOT "lost", but are anti-Christ and God. They will NOT enter the kingdom...by design. Salvation is for the faithful and the chosen (only).

What you are suggesting is not even logical. Why would God cast everyone out and give conditions for returning...if he was just going to open it up to anyone anyway? It is true that God can "fix" anything...but this IS the fix. Only those who "love" God are welcome in the new heaven and new earth. "God works all things together for good, for those who love Him." (NOT their actions, not the evil they once did, not just their old self but their new self...but [only] "those" [people] "who" "love God" shall be saved.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
No, not "hair-splitting, but very clear exceptions. Some have decided to stay evil, they are NOT "lost", but anti-Christ and God.
Even defiantly anti-God behavior is a symptom of
being lost.

They will NOT enter the kingdom...intentionally. Salvation is for the faithful and the chosen (only).
Yes, I'm familiar with the Calvinistic soteriological
viewpoint. However, as I said in post 96, if
1 Timothy 4:10
has anything to say about it, God is
the Savior of all mankind, 'especially' — not
'exclusively' — of believers.

What you are suggesting is not even logical. Why would God cast everyone out and give conditions for returning...if he was just going to open it up to anyone anyway?
The explanation the Bible gives is that God bound
everyone over to disobedience so that He could
show His mercy on that same everyone (Romans
11:32). Evidently, He's trying to demonstrate the
depths of His mercy, that no matter how messed up
we are, He still loves us. And isn't it written that
mercy triumphs over judgment? If, indeed, that's
the case, why is the mainstream message the
complete reverse of that?

It is true that God can "fix" anything...but this IS the fix. Only those who love God are welcome in the new heaven and new earth. "God works all things together for good, for those who love Him."
Anyone can do good to those that love
them—even sinners can do that much (Luke 6:33).
Methinks God operates at a higher standard than
that, though.

I noticed something interesting in the version of
Romans 8:28 brought up by CF's bible, which I've
pasted below:

"And we know that to them that love God all things
work together for good, [even] to them that are
called according to [his] purpose."

The word "even", in brackets, changes the sense of
that passage. It's not just "the called" this passage
is speaking of, but everybody, "even the called", or
everybody, "including the called".

Even without the "even" in there, I have already
provided a less exclusivistic understanding of this
passage in post #96.

-

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anonymouswho

Jul 28, 2015
✟16,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, that's because you jumped in on a different part of the discussion. The point here was that the words of salvation from God that can be quoted...are only to His chosen.

Then what does this part mean?

"That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will" Ephesians 1:10

Why does Paul say all things in the first verse, and then say "also we" in the next?

No. But until Christ NO OTHER NATIONS (people) were included in God's salvation plan, only His chosen. Just as Christ said: “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.Matthew 15:24

Only after the cross did salvation come to the gentile nations.

I agree that Salvation came to the Gentiles after the cross. What we disagree on is what Salvation is. We've been given "eternal life" now. We have Salvation now. While we are living out this meaningless existence, we get to know the only True God, and His Son Yeshua the Messiah.

How were Gentiles saved before the cross? Are all of those Gentiles in hell? If you say no, then how so?

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12

Was it good deeds that saved us before? If good deeds or being a nice person saved us before Messiah came, and now these things cannot save us, then would it have not been better to have been born before Messiah was sent? Did Yeshua bring the worse news ever? Was He the first to warn the world about this eternal torture chamber, and this is the Gospel of Peace? The Good Tidings of Good things to come?

Those verses don't say God saves all flesh, they just say that He does what He wants. And on the contrary, all flesh was condemned already, from whom He chose the "elect." "Many are called, but few are chosen." Matthew 22:14

I know they don't say all will be saved, but I asked you if God works all things after the council of his own will, and you said no. You said there is always a "but" afterwards, but I didn't find any. Then you said that God is only talking to the Ephesians or the church. So my question is, does God only work all things after the council of his own will only when it involves the church or Israel? Or does He work all things because He is the God of all flesh, and in the end He will gather all things to Himself? Paul didn't say God would gather some Gentile nations to Himself. He said πάντα (pas) all things. The same word that is used here:

"For as in Adam all (πάντες) die, even so in Christ shall all (πάντες) be made alive." 1 Corinthians 15:22

Furthermore, if you still have doubt, Christ clearly reveals the fate of the ungodly, saying: "And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.” Revelation 14:11

"And the smoke of their torment (βασανισμο) ascends for (εἰς) ever (αἰῶνας) and ever (αἰώνων); and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.” Revelation 14:11

βασανισμο: Basanizo
to torture, a testing by the touchstone, which is a black siliceous stone used to test the purity of gold or silver by the colour of the streak produced on it by rubbing it with either metal

"Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." 1 Corinthians 3:12

Thank you and God bless you.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
"That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will" Ephesians 1:10

Why does Paul say all things in the first verse, and then say "also we" in the next?
Oh wow; that's similar to Romans 8:28 with God working all
things for good "even" to them that are called.

It's as though God is kindly including "the chosen" in the
wonderful plan He has for the rest of mankind. ツ

-

Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even defiantly anti-God behavior is a symptom of
being lost.

Yes, I'm familiar with the Calvinistic soteriological
viewpoint. However, as I said in post 96, if
1 Timothy 4:10 has anything to say about it, God is
the Savior of all mankind, 'especially' — not
'exclusively' — of believers.

The explanation the Bible gives is that God bound
everyone over to disobedience so that He could
show His mercy on that same everyone (Romans
11:32
). Evidently, He's trying to demonstrate the
depths of His mercy, that no matter how messed up
we are, He still loves us. And isn't it written that
mercy triumphs over judgment? If, indeed, that's
the case, why is the mainstream message the
complete reverse of that?

Anyone can do good to those that love
them—even sinners can do that much (Luke 6:33).
Methinks God operates at a higher standard than
that, though.

I noticed something interesting in the version of
Romans 8:28 brought up by CF's bible, which I've
pasted below:

"And we know that to them that love God all things
work together for good, [even] to them that are
called according to [his] purpose."

The word "even", in brackets, changes the sense of
that passage. It's not just "the called" this passage
is speaking of, but everybody, "even the called", or
everybody, "including the called".

Even without the "even" in there, I have already
provided a less exclusivistic understanding of this
passage in post #96.

-
You are adding words to change the meaning of scriptures, taking all the passages you site out of context, and denying the overwhelming amount of scripture that specifically describes God's eternal wrath. My warning to you, is that you not continue only focusing on the good, but also take to heart the great separation of darkness and of the Light, of which every day attests.

Sure, you can believe anything you want, even preach another gospel, but Christ not only warned of such, but has told us of their fate (and yours, if you continue to do the same), saying “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." adding that, Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’" Matthew 7:21-23

Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then what does this part mean?

He says "also we" so as to not be misunderstood as saying to "Israel" alone. Remember, Paul was a Jew and Christ had said that He had come only for the house of Israel, but now Paul had been made an apostle to the gentiles. He was expanding into new territory.
How were Gentiles saved before the cross? Are all of those Gentiles in hell? If you say no, then how so?

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12

Was it good deeds that saved us before? If good deeds or being a nice person saved us before Messiah came, and now these things cannot save us, then would it have not been better to have been born before Messiah was sent? Did Yeshua bring the worse news ever? Was He the first to warn the world about this eternal torture chamber, and this is the Gospel of Peace? The Good Tidings of Good things to come?
Before the cross, the only salvation was through faith in the coming of Messiah. The gentiles in general, had no such faith, and yet provision was made by God for those who joined them. Other than that, salvation was limited to the chosen...who then became the firstfruits risen with Christ. That leaves many a gentile unsaved, before the good news of the coming of Christ, which then went out to all nations...who lived the limited existence of natural life, just as non-believers do now. They have their lot. This is it.
I know they don't say all will be saved, but I asked you if God works all things after the council of his own will, and you said no. You said there is always a "but" afterwards, but I didn't find any. Then you said that God is only talking to the Ephesians or the church. So my question is, does God only work all things after the council of his own will only when it involves the church or Israel? Or does He work all things because He is the God of all flesh, and in the end He will gather all things to Himself? Paul didn't say God would gather some Gentile nations to Himself. He said πάντα (pas) all things. The same word that is used here:

"For as in Adam all (πάντες) die, even so in Christ shall all (πάντες) be made alive." 1 Corinthians 15:22
Please understand that the matter is complex and the story of every generation, while adequate to tell all, it is not easily perceived. This is part of the plan, as God himself confused our language at the Tower of Babel, that confusion would hold us in certain blindness until all was fulfilled. With spiritual discernment we can discover what is eluded to, and it is this: That all things were created for the finite purpose of an infinite profit to the glory of God. But that which was created, was created of nothing, and is nothing, unless it is risen with Christ, or born of the spirit of God made available by the joining of the spirit of Christ with the Holy Spirit of God. Within those parameters "all" are indeed saved. BUT, all are not included within those parameters, nor could they be. God's mission in creating the heavens and the earth was to separate the Light from the darkness. Darkness is the element of evil, whether man or beast, or spirits...and has been condemned for all eternity. They cannot enter into the new heaven and new earth. It is finished. And yet, while it would appear that darkness gains within the world...it is not that it is winning, but that Light is leaving...with every generation, until the fullness of the gentiles is complete.

He that has and ear, let him hear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
You are adding words to change the meaning of scriptures, taking all the passages you site out of context, and denying the overwhelming amount of scripture that specifically describes God's eternal wrath.
No, I simply don't accept the context and meaning that you have
been conditioned to believe. As for adding words, those words
in the previous passage I cited were not added by me; as I said
they appear in the translation of CF's bible.

My warning to you, is that you not continue only focusing on the good, but also take to heart the great separation of darkness and of the Light, of which every day attests.
Thanks for the 'warning', but I will continue to focus on God's
goodness. :)

Sure, you can believe anything you want, even preach another gospel, but Christ not only warned of such, but has told us of their fate (and yours, if you continue to do the same), saying “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." adding that, Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’" Matthew 7:21-23
This sort of spiel is the typical card played by partialists when
their usual approaches to this subject aren't working. They get
all Jonathan Edwards on people. There are so many holes in
the partialist view it's mind-boggling.

I refuse to accept the belief that God is a failure—a belief that
answers the OP question as to why so many Christians are
angry. I would be angry, too, if I worshiped an ineffective
deity.

-

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

anonymouswho

Jul 28, 2015
✟16,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh wow; that's similar to Romans 8:28 with God working all
things for good "even" to them that are called.

It's as though God is kindly including "the chosen" in the
wonderful plan He has for the rest of mankind. ツ

-

Ha! That's exactly what I thought. Unfortunately that "even" is not there, but right before that verse, we read:

"For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body." Romans 8:20

And we have plenty more:

"Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" Romans 3:22

"For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe." 1 Timothy 4:10

"For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
For God hath concluded [them] all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?
Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
" Romans 11:30

God bless you my friend.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ha! That's exactly what I thought. Unfortunately that "even" is not there, but right before that verse, we read:

"For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body." Romans 8:20

And we have plenty more:

"Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" Romans 3:22

"For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe." 1 Timothy 4:10

"For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
For God hath concluded [them] all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?
Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
" Romans 11:30

God bless you my friend.
It's true that not all versions have the "even" in there.
The two that do are the American Standard Version
(which is the one CF links to, at least for this verse),
and the English Revised Version.

It definitely would make sense, given the other
verses you've shared!
proxy

-

Reactions: anonymouswho
Upvote 0

anonymouswho

Jul 28, 2015
✟16,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He says "also we" so as to not be misunderstood as saying to "Israel" alone. Remember, Paul was a Jew and Christ had said that He had come only for the house of Israel, but now Paul had been made an apostle to the gentiles. He was expanding into new territory.

He says "also we" because he doesn't want the gentile Ephesians to thing "all things" mean Jews? Paul doesn't say a single thing about Israel here. In fact, he only says Israel one time in the entire letter:

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:" Ephesians 2:8

Before the cross, the only salvation was through faith in the coming of Messiah. The gentiles in general, had no such faith, and yet provision was made by God for those who joined them. Other than that, salvation was limited to the chosen...who then became the firstfruits risen with Christ. That leaves many a gentile unsaved, before the good news of the coming of Christ, which then went out to all nations...who lived the limited existence of natural life, just as non-believers do now. They have their lot. This is it.

My friend, according to the verse you sent me, you believe that these gentiles that were not saved before Messiah came, do not live this limited existence of natural life alone. According to a carnal (and mistranslated) interpretation of Revelation 14:10, they will be tormented forever and ever.

You say that provisions were made by God for gentiles that joined the Israelites. This is true. A gentile could join the Israelites, and even get circumcised if they wished to attend Passover. Never once does God say that gentiles should do this so that they can avoid an eternal torture chamber.

"Now Jericho was straitly shut up because of the children of Israel: none went out, and none came in." Joshua 6:1

Jericho didn't even want to fight. They were afraid and shut all the people into the city.

"And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword." Joshua 6:21

Where were the provisions for Jericho? The Israelites went straight in and destroyed everyone. Nobody begged and pleaded with Jericho to repent. Is everyone in Jericho burning in hell?

"But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:
But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee" Deuteronomy 20:16

Are the inhabitants of these cities burning in hell right now? The Jews couldn't even save the women and children. Are all the children from these cities (that have passed the so called "age of accountability") burning in hell right now?

What about the people that lived before the Law? Or before Abraham? Where were their provisions.

I'm not trying to mock my friend. These things need to be addressed, because we are talking about people burning for trillions and trillions and trillions of eternal years. This is not just something to scoff at or ignore.

You wrote:

"Other than that, salvation was limited to the chosen...who then became the firstfruits risen with Christ."

I'm not really sure what this means. Are you saying the Jews are the firstfruits of those risen with Messiah?

You also say that the only salvation was faith in the coming Messiah. None of these cities even heard of a coming Messiah. Jonah didn't say a single word about a coming Messiah to the Ninevites.

Please understand that the matter is complex and the story of every generation, while adequate to tell all, it is not easily perceived.

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ." 2 Corinthians 11:3

"But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." 1 John 2:27

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." James 1:5

"Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself" Ephesians 1:8

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Matthew 7:7

That last verse is our Lord. Was He only speaking to the Israelites when He said this? Should we disregard everything He said because He wasn't talking to us?

The Gospel is not conplex. It is simple and pure. It is very easy to perceive, because God has abounded us with the wisdom and knowledge of His will.

This is part of the plan, as God himself confused our language at the Tower of Babel, that confusion would hold us in certain blindness until all was fulfilled. With spiritual discernment we can discover what is eluded to, and it is this: That all things were created for the finite purpose of an infinite profit to the glory of God. But that which was created, was created of nothing, and is nothing, unless it is risen with Christ, or born of the spirit of God made available by the joining of the spirit of Christ with the Holy Spirit of God. Within those parameters "all" are indeed saved. BUT, all are not included within those parameters, nor could they be. God's mission in creating the heavens and the earth was to separate the Light from the darkness. Darkness is the element of evil, whether man or beast, or spirits...and has been condemned for all eternity. They cannot enter into the new heaven and new earth. It is finished. And yet, while it would appear that darkness gains within the world...it is not that it is winning, but that Light is leaving...with every generation, until the fullness of the gentiles is complete.

I agree with almost everything you have said here. However, we have a much different idea of what this Light and darkness is. You believe this light and darkness are people.

"And the Lord said unto him, Now do ye Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and the platter; but your inward part is full of ravening and wickedness." Luke 11:39

"Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity." Matthew 23:28

"And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness
:
All these evil things come from within, and defile the man." Mark 7:21

"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:21

And I believe all men will be joined the Spirit of Messiah, for all men will confess and come to the knowledge of the truth.

Do you not know that we will judge the world? Do you not know that we will judge angels? What is our criteria for judging?

"Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.

And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.

But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.

The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.

But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.

And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt. (Even the wicked servant was going to let his fellowservant get out eventually)

So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.

Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:

Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?

And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
(Even the wicked servant is tormented until he pays his due)

So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses." Matthew 18:21

Think about it my friend. God bless you.

Upvote 0

anonymouswho

Jul 28, 2015
✟16,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It definitely would make sense, given the other
verses you've shared!
proxy

Yes, it absolutely makes sense. I do think it's odd that the translators felt this word should be added. The translators of both bibles believe in hell. The Greek is a bit hard to follow though. Here it is if anyone is interested:

http://biblehub.com/interlinear/romans/8-28.htm

Thanks my friend.

Upvote 0
Aug 7, 2015
✟15,156.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Why so many Angry Christians? Because they are young in their walk with my Father. As we grow in our walk, as we understand His love, mercy, grace and all those things that make Him who He is, peace also comes with it. When we truly develop an intimate relationship with the LORD, everything else becomes perfect.

Upvote 0