Why so Many Angry Christians today ?

Blades

Mar 21, 2006
✟684.00
Faith
Christian
About 20 years ago I had an encounter with the Lord God of Hosts, totally unexpectedly, completely by surprise, however you know who it is straight away because there is no deception with him, he knows the secret of every heart, and somebody I was very much in Love with was hanging in the balance of Life and Death at that very moment, afterwards I was left jumping for Joy, because as that massive presence (that nobody wants to leave) began to recede (because my Time was not yet) I had gained insight into Gods intentions towards all people and how he really does feel about all of us, is the only way I can describe it.....1 Timothy 2:4, is true, God will have everybody be saved and come to the knowledge of the Truth. I have heard what I know described as Universal Salvation and reconciliation, and I personaly know or have come to the knowledge of the truth that it is Gods Great plan of Salvation. Yet I keep on Noticing all these angry Christians that hate their enemies and want to see them suffer some Eternal Torment, I wonder are these Christians The Goats that Jesus describes in Revelations, you know the ones that said they cast out Demons in his name ?

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yet I keep on Noticing all these angry Christians that hate their enemies and want to see them suffer some Eternal Torment

For some that isn't true. It's not that we want people to suffer ETC but we want people to see the truth that ECT/Hell/LoF is true and Biblical and the concept of UR/Universalism is a false doctrine that isn't Biblical and in some corners consider it a heresy.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
About 20 years ago I had an encounter with the Lord God of Hosts, totally unexpectedly, completely by surprise, however you know who it is straight away because there is no deception with him, he knows the secret of every heart, and somebody I was very much in Love with was hanging in the balance of Life and Death at that very moment, afterwards I was left jumping for Joy, because as that massive presence (that nobody wants to leave) began to recede (because my Time was not yet) I had gained insight into Gods intentions towards all people and how he really does feel about all of us, is the only way I can describe it.....1 Timothy 2:4, is true, God will have everybody be saved and come to the knowledge of the Truth. I have heard what I know described as Universal Salvation and reconciliation, and I personaly know or have come to the knowledge of the truth that it is Gods Great plan of Salvation. Yet I keep on Noticing all these angry Christians that hate their enemies and want to see them suffer some Eternal Torment, I wonder are these Christians The Goats that Jesus describes in Revelations, you know the ones that said they cast out Demons in his name ?
I can answer for myself. I'm angry that God's laws and morals are being violated in this country, and it makes me bitter. It's something I'm trying to overcome.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If everyone is going to heaven, why would it matter what people do? Eat, drink and be merry.

And there you go. That is the reason why UR is such a dangerous doctrine. If everyone is going to Heaven and inherit the Kingdom of God then why bother be a Christian to begin with? Why not be an atheist and go out and party hard,drink until you drop,do drugs and fornicate with as many men/women as possible?

Upvote 0

anonymouswho

Jul 28, 2015
✟16,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And there you go. That is the reason why UR is such a dangerous doctrine. If everyone is going to Heaven and inherit the Kingdom of God then why bother be a Christian to begin with? Why not be an atheist and go out and party hard,drink until you drop,do drugs and fornicate with as many men/women as possible?
If everyone is going to heaven, why would it matter what people do? Eat, drink and be merry.

Hello my friends. I'm sorry, but I fail to understand the logic behind your assertion that if everyone is saved, we shouldn't be Christians.

I have a question for you both, and please consider it carefully. If you found out today that God really is going to save everyone, are these really the things you'd like to do? What I mean is, is it God's love that causes you to desire everything that He desires, or is it strictly your fear of hell?

Think about it. God is saving everyone! Death is swallowed up in victory! All the other gods, they want to burn you for eternity. But our God, the Most High God, He loves every single one of us, and He is both able and willing to save and teach all of mankind about His Truth. We don't need hell to make us good people. All we need is God, because His way is perfect, and He will get all that He desires.

How is this heresy? The Scriptures say it will happen, God swore it would happen, and there is nothing that can stop it from happening.

If you love God, you follow His commandments. Not: if you fear hell, then follow His commandments. Every word in the Scriptures is about Love, because God is Love. There is no fear in Love. God is Love, and Love never fails. Ever.

So please think about this. And I'd like to leave a verse for you to consider:

"So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do." Luke 17:10

Thank you my friends and God Bless you.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Without getting sidetracked by the universalism issue, it's still a significant question: Why on earth are Christians in America angry?

Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. -- 1 Peter 4

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello my friends. I'm sorry, but I fail to understand the logic behind your assertion that if everyone is saved, we shouldn't be Christians.

I have a question for you both, and please consider it carefully. If you found out today that God really is going to save everyone, are these really the things you'd like to do? What I mean is, is it God's love that causes you to desire everything that He desires, or is it strictly your fear of hell?

Think about it. God is saving everyone! Death is swallowed up in victory! All the other gods, they want to burn you for eternity. But our God, the Most High God, He loves every single one of us, and He is both able and willing to save and teach all of mankind about His Truth. We don't need hell to make us good people. All we need is God, because His way is perfect, and He will get all that He desires.

How is this heresy? The Scriptures say it will happen, God swore it would happen, and there is nothing that can stop it from happening.

If you love God, you follow His commandments. Not: if you fear hell, then follow His commandments. Every word in the Scriptures is about Love, because God is Love. There is no fear in Love. God is Love, and Love never fails. Ever.

"So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do." Luke 17:10

What they meant is that people who reject Christ do, in fact, go to Hell. Most people aren't Christians because they're afraid of Hell, and if they are, like I used to be, then they aren't Christians at all, like I wasn't back when I was afraid of Hell. God loves everyone, but many people reject Him and invalidate their own salvation because they decided, consciously or unconsciously, to reject Him. It sounds cruel, sure, but God can see the evil hearts of people and can find enough evidence to convict anyone of damnation. It's kind of ironic how moral relativists ask christians to let God be their judge, when really God won't be as nice with their sin as people would be!

Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Sorry, but Universalism is an ancient heresy. I'm not sure how any sane person who has read the Gospels could come to the conclusion that everyone will be saved.

No one in Scripture taught more about the reality of hell than Jesus.

Upvote 0

Blades

Mar 21, 2006
✟684.00
Faith
Christian

Well I am just a child of God, I have always believed as a child believes, and despite what anybody else may say I was left in no doubt about Gods intentions towards the entire human race that has or will ever live, however I do understand how difficult it is to accept that your enemies will be in Heaven with you, but they will be because they will no longer be your enemies you will find they have had a change of heart and look at you differently (courtesy of God)
The Restituion of all things is what it is about as in Gods Love Wins in the end (luckily for all of us)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blades

Mar 21, 2006
✟684.00
Faith
Christian
For some that isn't true. It's not that we want people to suffer ETC but we want people to see the truth that ECT/Hell/LoF is true and Biblical and the concept of UR/Universalism is a false doctrine that isn't Biblical and in some corners consider it a heresy.

Do not forget that the Word of God tells us that at the sound of the name of Jesus every knee will bow and every tounge will swear allegiance/confess Jesus is Lord, does not sound like anybody is in disagreement or lost to God there...

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Blades

Mar 21, 2006
✟684.00
Faith
Christian

Awesome you have come to the knowledge of the Truth also...

Upvote 0

Blades

Mar 21, 2006
✟684.00
Faith
Christian
I can answer for myself. I'm angry that God's laws and morals are being violated in this country, and it makes me bitter. It's something I'm trying to overcome.

Very Good you can tell that God is dealing with you.... I know how hard that can be....repenting of the way we used to think and the way we look at others can be very hard indeed...it is a journey I have been on for some time myself, I know a little perhaps of how you may be struggling with some things I still do...

Upvote 0

Blades

Mar 21, 2006
✟684.00
Faith
Christian
What they meant is that people who reject Christ do, in fact, go to Hell. Most people aren't Christians because they're afraid of Hell, and if they are, like I used to be, then they aren't Christians at all, like I wasn't back when I was afraid of Hell. God loves everyone, but many people reject Him and invalidate their own salvation because they decided, consciously or unconsciously, to reject Him. It sounds cruel, sure, but God can see the evil hearts of people and can find enough evidence to convict anyone of damnation. It's kind of ironic how moral relativists ask christians to let God be their judge, when really God won't be as nice with their sin as people would be!

Please do remember Gods word where it states that he hardens whom he desires and shows mercy to whom he desires, Jesus himself even said that nobody can come to me unless drawn/dragged by the Father who sent him. I know I had to be DRAGGED to Christ, there was no way I was going of my own alledged (demonic doctrine) Free Will. Yet I am a fully redeemed Child of God believer in Jesus Christ, but not of my own free Will, I thought I would get by in Life with out him, boy did God ever have news for me.
Also has it ever occurred to you that God hardens some people so much he has to completely destroy them in a Lake of Fire, before declaring to those who weep over them BEHOLD I MAKE ALL THINGS NEW! newness of mind and body and spirit. Once again Gods love wins in the end (luckily for us)

Upvote 0

anonymouswho

Jul 28, 2015
✟16,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, but Universalism is an ancient heresy. I'm not sure how any sane person who has read the Gospels could come to the conclusion that everyone will be saved.

No one in Scripture taught more about the reality of hell than Jesus.

Thank you for the reply my friend. Could you please provide an example of when Yeshua ever spoke of some place called "hell"?

Also, what does Gospel mean to you? From what I understand, it means "good tidings/news". If Yeshua spoke more about some "place" called hell than anyone else in Scripture, and because the Jews have never had any concept of an "eternal hell" where 98% of the world is going, then where exactly is the Good News? Before Yeshua came, the Sadducees believed we just died and rotted in the ground, and the Pharisees believed we'd be Resurrected and some might spend maybe a year in chastisement. I would have much rather heard the news that I'll rot in the ground than that there's an eternal torture chamber where most people go. That's very, very, very Bad News.

That's interesting you call this heresy:

"But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets" Acts 24:14

Thank you my friend and God bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When will the heinous eating of shellfish end???

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When will the heinous eating of shellfish end???
Shut up. Just shut up and go deal with your own problems. And while you're at it, consider changing your icon to something more suitable.

And for the record, I LOVE seafood. I will chew it over every last protected class of minorities if you really think that's what's needed.

Reactions: TheBarrd
Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Shut up. Just shut up and go deal with your own problems. And while you're at it, consider changing your icon to something more suitable.

And for the record, I LOVE seafood. I will chew it over every last protected class of minorities if you really think that's what's needed.
Excuse me? And what's wrong with my avatar?

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Excuse me? And what's wrong with my avatar?
i apologize. You caught me at a bad time, and the last thing I needed was your typical tone on these sorts of threads. Let's just say I don't exactly have my life together and could use prayer and support rather than snide remarks and straw man arguments.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
i apologize. You caught me at a bad time, and the last thing I needed was your typical tone on these sorts of threads. Let's just say I don't exactly have my life together and could use prayer and support rather than snide remarks and straw man arguments.
My life's a mess too, just at the moment, if it helps. But I pray yours gets to a place where you are content. If you would pray the same for me, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0