Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And if you think that 3-tiered ancient near east cosmology is not pre scientific, then you're going to be in a world of trouble explaining why every ancient near east culture, in and around ancient Isreal, how they were all similarly divinely inspired cosmologically, as the ancient isrealites. Even though the text very plainly and obviously, is pre-scientific.

It's completely irrational.
YEC is unanimously decided as unscientific. The idea that the earth was created in 6 days and has only existed for 6000 years DEFIES EVERYTHING THAT SCIENCE TELLS US!! How is this not completely OBVIOUS? So this is either another troll statement or you simply lack the capacity to comprehend this subject. Whichever the case it’s pointless for me to continue this discussion.

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
YEC is unanimously decided as unscientific. The idea that the earth was created in 6 days and has only existed for 6000 years DEFIES EVERYTHING THAT SCIENCE TELLS US!! How is this not completely OBVIOUS? So this is either another troll statement or you simply lack the capacity to comprehend this subject. Whichever the case it’s pointless for me to continue this discussion.
Nobody said anything about YEC being unscientific. I'm talking about ancient near east cosmology in Genesis not being unscientific but pre-scientific.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You’re not making any sense at all because nobody could possibly know what took place before THE FIRST MAN WAS CREATED WITHOUT GOD SPECIFICALLY TELLING THEM. Therefore Genesis IS NOT the product of ancient Israel belief it is the product of God’s revelation. So the Israelites didn’t write that a glass dome covered the earth because it’s what they believed they wrote it because that what God told them to write.
"So the Israelites didn’t write that a glass dome covered the earth because it’s what they believed, they wrote it because thats what God told them to write."

And why would God tell them to describe a glass dome over a flat earth which holds up an ocean?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

-=H=-

Dec 7, 2020
Middle of Nowhere
✟28,947.00
Country
Monaco
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
OE creationism doesn't work because if OE was in fact the case then you'd have to admit that the devil and his fallen angels and demons are all billions of years old.

Would God really allow his nemesis to live for billions of years? I don't think so.

And what would the devil have been doing for all those years? Tempting monkeys to sin? makes no sense!

What's more if the earth were billions of years old and evolution was a part of the process. Then there was death in the world before Adam and Eve sinned and brought the curse of death onto man. This means that Jesus was just a man, was never eternal (untainted by sin) and therefore Jesus' death on the cross was pointless, because he was just a man and was going to die anyway.

Genesis 1 matters. Adam and Eve were created as eternal beings, it was only through disobeying God that death came into the world. Jesus was born of a virgin as the second Adam, he was eternal and not under the curse of sin and death. Jesus' death on the cross only came about by Jesus taking on the sin of all mankind. It was a miracle, but death could not hold him down and he was raised back to life.

Old earth creationism, evolution and the gap theory all make Jesus irrelevant and not the son of God.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What's more if the earth were billions of years old and evolution was a part of the process. Then there was death in the world before Adam and Eve sinned and brought the curse of death onto man. This means that Jesus was just a man, was never eternal (untainted by sin) and therefore Jesus' death on the cross was pointless, because he was just a man and was going to die anyway.

Genesis 1 matters. Adam and Eve were created as eternal beings, it was only through disobeying God that death came into the world. Jesus was born of a virgin as the second Adam, he was eternal and not under the curse of sin and death. Jesus' death on the cross only came about by Jesus taking on the sin of all mankind. It was a miracle, but death could not hold him down and he was raised back to life.

Old earth creationism, evolution and the gap theory all make Jesus irrelevant and not the son of God.
Animals died before the fall:

Upvote 0

-=H=-

Dec 7, 2020
Middle of Nowhere
✟28,947.00
Country
Monaco
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Animals died before the fall:

No they did not, animals came under the curse of sin after man's fall. Read your Bible and use large language models to translate from the original hebrew into your language. Don't go showing me some YouTube video of mans thoughts, scripture interprets scripture buddy.

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No they did not, animals came under the curse of sin after man's fall. Read your Bible and use large language models to translate from the original hebrew into your language. Don't go showing me some YouTube video of mans thoughts, scripture interprets scripture buddy.
The Bible never says that animals were cursed. The ground and the serpent were cursed.

‭‭Genesis‬ ‭3:14‬ ‭ESV‬‬
[14] The Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this, cursed are you above all livestock and above all beasts of the field; on your belly you shall go, and dust you shall eat all the days of your life.
[17] And to Adam he said, “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you, ‘You shall not eat of it,’ cursed is the ground because of you; in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life;

Psalm 104:21, a text typically associated with creation, also states:
6The young lions roar for their prey, seeking their food from God.

Now, why, in discussing Genesis, would the Psalmist have forgotten that animal predation was a sin, when discussing lions getting their prey from the Lord?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah he tells me I need to do my own study then posts several commentaries to support his position. When I quote scripture he replies with commentaries. Commentaries are nothing more than someone else telling you what the scriptures actually say. If people aren’t willing to do the study themselves they’ll never know what the scriptures actually say, they’ll only know what someone tells them they say and doing that is like rolling a 30,000 sided dice and hoping it landed on the right interpretation.

Reactions: -=H=-
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh and he tells me that my young earth creation theology is derived from scientific influence which is absolutely baffling me right now since every aspect of YEC is in opposition to what science tells us.

Reactions: -=H=-
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh and he tells me that my young earth creation theology is derived from scientific influence which is absolutely baffling me right now since every aspect of YEC is in opposition to what science tells us.
Lol.

Consider the following concept. You probably believe that the Bible describes a spherical Earth or perhaps heliocentrism. Or maybe you think that the Bible doesn't describe these things at all.

But when we actually read the Bible, we see and Joshua 10 for example that the text appears to describe you know centrism with the sun stopping in the sky. Several passages throughout the Old Testament described Earth resting on pillars, And it's further described in the Bible that the Earth will never be moved. This guy of course is described as being made of cast metal or being hard like cast metal.

But with your modern scientific minds, you would presumably view all of these passages as being metaphorical.

Genesis 8:2 for example describes windows closing in the sky to restrain water above, and Genesis 7:11 describes the same windows opening up to release water.

Your modern scientific mind would lead you to believe that these descriptions are metaphorical.

But in actuality, they describe ancient Near Eastern cosmology.

And God said, “Let there be a dome in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.”
Genesis 1:6

God made the dome, and separated the waters which were below the dome from the waters which were above the dome; and it was so. God called the dome heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.
Genesis 1:7‭-‬8

And God said, “Let there be lights in the dome of the sky to separate the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years,
Genesis 1:14

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened.
Genesis 7:11

the fountains of the deep and the windows of the heavens were closed, the rain from the heavens was restrained,
Genesis 8:2

And God said, “Let the waters bring forth swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the dome of the sky.”
Genesis 1:20

And he dreamed that there was a ladder set up on the earth, the top of it reaching to heaven; and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it. And the Lord stood beside him [or stood above it] and said, “I am the Lord, the God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and to your offspring;
Genesis 28:12‭-‬13

“You shall not make for yourself a divine image with any form that is in the heavens above or that is in the earth below or that is in the water below the earth.
Exodus 20:4

and they saw the God of Israel. Under his feet there was something like a pavement of sapphire stone, like the very heaven for clearness.
Exodus 24:10

Thick clouds enwrap him, so that he does not see, and he walks on the dome of heaven.’
Job 22:14

He has described a circle [earths shape] on the face of the water between light and darkness. “The pillars of heaven tremble, and they are astounded at his rebuke.
Job 26:10‭-‬11

Can you, like him, spread out the skies, hard as a molten mirror?
Job 37:18

Hast thou with him spread out the sky, Which is strong, and as a molten looking glass?

can you join him in spreading out the skies, hard as a mirror of cast bronze?

Have you entered the storehouse of the snow, or seen the armory of the hail,
Job 38:22
God stores his weapons and mana in storehouses to help the isrealites in battle, and to give gifts to His people.

So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
Joshua 10:13

‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭1:5‬ ‭
The sun rises, and the sun goes down; to its place it hurries, and there it rises again.

Yet in all the world their line goes out, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has pitched a tent for the sun,
Psalms 19:4

The tree that you saw, which grew great and strong, so that its top reached to heaven and was visible to the end of the whole earth,
Daniel 4:20

The Lord sits enthroned over the flood; the Lord sits enthroned as king forever.
Psalms 29:10

Yet he commanded the skies above and opened the doors of heaven,
Psalm 78:23

you set the beams of your chambers on the waters, you make the clouds your chariot, you ride on the wings of the wind,
Psalms 104:3

He causes the clouds to arise from the end of the earth, makes lightning bolts accompany the rain, and brings the wind out of his storehouses.
Psalms 135:7

To him who spread out the earth above the waters, for his loyal love endures forever.
Psalms 136:6

Praise him, highest heavens, and waters above the heavens. Let them praise the name of Yahweh, because he commanded and they were created. And he put them in place *forever and ever*, by a decree he gave that will not pass away.
Psalms 148:4‭-‬6

Praise Yah. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty firmament.
Psalms 150:1

and all the host of heaven shall rot. And the skies shall roll up like a scroll, and all their host shall wither like the withering of a leaf from a vine, or like the withering from a fig tree.
Isaiah 34:4

It is he who sits above the *circle* of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to live in;
Isaiah 40:22

Over the heads of the angels there was something like a dome, shining like crystal, spread out above their heads.
Ezekiel 1:22

And above the dome over their heads there was something like a throne, in appearance like sapphire stone; and seated above the likeness of a throne was something that seemed like a human form.
Ezekiel 1:26

And I looked, and look! On the dome that was above the head of the cherubim something like a stone of sapphire, and like the appearance of the shape of a throne it appeared above them.
Ezekiel 10:1

He made strong the skies above, When the springs of the deep became fixed, When He set for the sea its boundary So that the water would not transgress His command, When He marked out the foundations of the earth;
Proverbs 8:28-‬29

The sky vanished like a scroll rolling itself up, and every mountain and island was why removed from its place.
Revelation 6:14

After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.”
Revelation 4:1

“Where were you at my laying the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you possess understanding. Who determined its measurement? Yes, you do know. Or who stretched the measuring line upon it? On what were its bases sunk? Or who laid its cornerstone,
Job 38:4‭-‬6

The earth and all its inhabitants are shaking; I steady its columns. Selah
Psalms 75:3

For the pillars of the earth are the LORD's, And he hath set the world upon them.
1 Samuel 2:8

And so because of your modern perception of the cosmos, you're unable to read the Bible and it's original historical context.

You mentioned that God instructed Israelites to describe a solid sky, and I asked you why God would have the authors do such a thing, and you never responded.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lol.

Consider the following concept. You probably believe that the Bible describes a spherical Earth or perhaps heliocentrism. Or maybe you think that the Bible doesn't describe these things at all.

But when we actually read the Bible, we see and Joshua 10 for example that the text appears to describe you know centrism with the sun stopping in the sky. Several passages throughout the Old Testament described Earth resting on pillars, And it's further described in the Bible that the Earth will never be moved. This guy of course is described as being made of cast metal or being hard like cast metal.

But with your modern scientific minds, you would presumably view all of these passages as being metaphorical.

Genesis 8:2 for example describes windows closing in the sky to restrain water above, and Genesis 7:11 describes the same windows opening up to release water.

Your modern scientific mind would lead you to believe that these descriptions are metaphorical.

But in actuality, they describe ancient Near Eastern cosmology.

And God said, “Let there be a dome in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.”
Genesis 1:6

God made the dome, and separated the waters which were below the dome from the waters which were above the dome; and it was so. God called the dome heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.
Genesis 1:7‭-‬8

And God said, “Let there be lights in the dome of the sky to separate the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years,
Genesis 1:14

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened.
Genesis 7:11

the fountains of the deep and the windows of the heavens were closed, the rain from the heavens was restrained,
Genesis 8:2

And God said, “Let the waters bring forth swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the dome of the sky.”
Genesis 1:20

And he dreamed that there was a ladder set up on the earth, the top of it reaching to heaven; and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it. And the Lord stood beside him [or stood above it] and said, “I am the Lord, the God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and to your offspring;
Genesis 28:12‭-‬13

“You shall not make for yourself a divine image with any form that is in the heavens above or that is in the earth below or that is in the water below the earth.
Exodus 20:4

and they saw the God of Israel. Under his feet there was something like a pavement of sapphire stone, like the very heaven for clearness.
Exodus 24:10

Thick clouds enwrap him, so that he does not see, and he walks on the dome of heaven.’
Job 22:14

He has described a circle [earths shape] on the face of the water between light and darkness. “The pillars of heaven tremble, and they are astounded at his rebuke.
Job 26:10‭-‬11

Hast thou with him spread out the sky, Which is strong, and as a molten looking glass?

Have you entered the storehouse of the snow, or seen the armory of the hail,
Job 38:22
God stores his weapons and mana in storehouses to help the isrealites in battle, and to give gifts to His people.

So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
Joshua 10:13

‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭1:5‬ ‭
The sun rises, and the sun goes down; to its place it hurries, and there it rises again.

Yet in all the world their line goes out, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has pitched a tent for the sun,
Psalms 19:4

The tree that you saw, which grew great and strong, so that its top reached to heaven and was visible to the end of the whole earth,
Daniel 4:20

The Lord sits enthroned over the flood; the Lord sits enthroned as king forever.
Psalms 29:10

Yet he commanded the skies above and opened the doors of heaven,
Psalm 78:23

you set the beams of your chambers on the waters, you make the clouds your chariot, you ride on the wings of the wind,
Psalms 104:3

He causes the clouds to arise from the end of the earth, makes lightning bolts accompany the rain, and brings the wind out of his storehouses.
Psalms 135:7

To him who spread out the earth above the waters, for his loyal love endures forever.
Psalms 136:6

Praise him, highest heavens, and waters above the heavens. Let them praise the name of Yahweh, because he commanded and they were created. And he put them in place *forever and ever*, by a decree he gave that will not pass away.
Psalms 148:4‭-‬6

Praise Yah. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty firmament.
Psalms 150:1

and all the host of heaven shall rot. And the skies shall roll up like a scroll, and all their host shall wither like the withering of a leaf from a vine, or like the withering from a fig tree.
Isaiah 34:4

It is he who sits above the *circle* of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to live in;
Isaiah 40:22

Over the heads of the angels there was something like a dome, shining like crystal, spread out above their heads.
Ezekiel 1:22

And above the dome over their heads there was something like a throne, in appearance like sapphire stone; and seated above the likeness of a throne was something that seemed like a human form.
Ezekiel 1:26

And I looked, and look! On the dome that was above the head of the cherubim something like a stone of sapphire, and like the appearance of the shape of a throne it appeared above them.
Ezekiel 10:1

He made strong the skies above, When the springs of the deep became fixed, When He set for the sea its boundary So that the water would not transgress His command, When He marked out the foundations of the earth;
Proverbs 8:28-‬29

The sky vanished like a scroll rolling itself up, and every mountain and island was why removed from its place.
Revelation 6:14

After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.”
Revelation 4:1

“Where were you at my laying the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you possess understanding. Who determined its measurement? Yes, you do know. Or who stretched the measuring line upon it? On what were its bases sunk? Or who laid its cornerstone,
Job 38:4‭-‬6

The earth and all its inhabitants are shaking; I steady its columns. Selah
Psalms 75:3

For the pillars of the earth are the LORD's, And he hath set the world upon them.
1 Samuel 2:8

And so because of your modern perception of the cosmos, you're unable to read the Bible and it's original historical context.

You mentioned that God instructed Israelites to describe a solid sky, and I asked you why God would have the authors do such a thing, and you never responded.
Screenshot_20230917-074142~2.png

Upvote 0

-=H=-

Dec 7, 2020
Middle of Nowhere
✟28,947.00
Country
Monaco
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

I stand with you, I worked at Answers in Genesis and know all the leading Christian scientists leading research. I know for scientific fact that the earth is young, this other fella is a troll. You know how they say dinosaurs are millions of years old and other things are because of carbon dating? Welll they should be radiocarbon dead. Dr Snelling has been cracking the case of how the flood changed the Radiocarbon 14 timeline and it fits into 6000 years. Even in Australia the Aboriginal community has shown dinosaur footprints in sandstone on the shoreline in western australia. How in the world can those be millions of years old through rain and waves washing over them when granite erodes within 100 years with water running over it?

There is no way scientifically that the earth is billions of years old. There's good research on starlight and time as well. Oh and not to forget about Dr Georgia Purdom's work on DNA science and others who prove that evolution cannot exist, only intelligent design. And why do they never include plant evolution? The fact is Darwin's book (and it's full title) shows it to be solely for endorsing racism. It takes a 2.2 second lookup for the full title of the book.

Anyone who thinks evolution is true is a monkey.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I never said anything remotely to that effect. You can quote me if you like.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I never said anything remotely to that effect. You can quote me if you like.
"Therefore Genesis IS NOT the product of ancient Israel belief it is the product of God’s revelation. So the Israelites didn’t write that a glass dome covered the earth because it’s what they believed they wrote it because that what God told them to write."-BNR32FAN

So I asked, why would God tell or instruct the authors of the Bible, to describe a glass dome covered earth?
Screenshot_20231207-181736~2.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I stand with you, I worked at Answers in Genesis and know all the leading Christian scientists leading research. I know for scientific fact that the earth is young, this other fella is a troll. You know how they say dinosaurs are millions of years old and other things are because of carbon dating? Welll they should be radiocarbon dead. Dr Snelling has been cracking the case of how the flood changed the Radiocarbon 14 timeline and it fits into 6000 years. Even in Australia the Aboriginal community has shown dinosaur footprints in sandstone on the shoreline in western australia. How in the world can those be millions of years old through rain and waves washing over them when granite erodes within 100 years with water running over it?

There is no way scientifically that the earth is billions of years old. There's good research on starlight and time as well. Oh and not to forget about Dr Georgia Purdom's work on DNA science and others who prove that evolution cannot exist, only intelligent design. And why do they never include plant evolution? The fact is Darwin's book (and it's full title) shows it to be solely for endorsing racism. It takes a 2.2 second lookup for the full title of the book.

Anyone who thinks evolution is true is a monkey.
Well carbon dating can’t go back more than 50,000 years because of the half-life of C14 is just over 5000 years. So because of the decay rate by 50,000 years there is virtually zero C14 left in any organic material. So they’re not using carbon dating to date dinosaurs. So scientists resort to guessing at the age of sediment layers and using thermoluminescent dating when possible but all of the dating methods are unreliable because they’re all based on assumptions. For carbon dating scientists have to guess how much C14 was in the area where the material was found and there are numerous variables they have to make assumptions on. First of all different C14 organisms absorb different amounts of C14. Then different locations and biomes contain different amounts of C14. Then there’s the problem of C14 fluctuations in the atmosphere because it hasn’t been constant since they first discovered it in 1940 just 80 years ago. Just in the last 100 years the C14 levels dropped dramatically due to the burning of fossil fuels then since 1960 it doubled due to nuclear testing. So it hasn’t remained constant at all. And lastly scientists aren’t expecting the C14 levels to be zero or near 6000 years ago because they’re not expecting that the earth was created 6000 years ago. So their calibration can’t be accurate if C14 levels were zero 6000 years ago. This would make objects appear to be much older than they actually are because of the low amount of C14 still present in the object.

Then theres thermoluminescent dating which measures the amount of radioactivity an object has accumulated over time but this method is based on the assumption that at some point that particular object didn’t contain any radioactivity. Scientists aren’t expecting that these objects may have already contained radioactivity when they were created. So again they’re basing their calibration on assumptions that they can’t actually verify. The sad thing is most people don’t care enough about learning about the dating methods take the time to find this information. All someone has to do is read Wikipedia about it or Britannica. Also they mostly stick to headlines and articles and don’t pay attention to phrases like “according to so & so’s calculations”. They ignore that these are not actual facts, they’re predictions based on scientist’s best guess. Both Wikipedia and Britannica clearly say that these are predictions based on incomplete data. I don’t get my information from spurious random websites, I get it from credible reputable sources. Unfortunately most people aren’t interested in proving themselves wrong so they either aren’t interested in taking the time to read my sources and the ones who do read it won’t admit it.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Therefore Genesis IS NOT the product of ancient Israel belief it is the product of God’s revelation. So the Israelites didn’t write that a glass dome covered the earth because it’s what they believed they wrote it because that what God told them to write."-BNR32FAN

So I asked, why would God tell or instruct the authors of the Bible, to describe a glass dome covered earth?
View attachment 340176
That doesn’t refer to a “solid sky” or a “glass dome”

“Then God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.” God made the expanse, and separated the waters which were below the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse; and it was so. God called the expanse heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1‬:‭6‬-‭8‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Raqia
H7945
an extended surface, expanse

An expanse is an open area not a solid object. So you have two options for the definition of Raqia, a solid object or an open area, so which one are you going to choose in this particular usage of the word? FYI the earth’s atmosphere is made up of mostly hydrogen, oxygen, and water along with argon and a few other gases but mostly hydrogen and oxygen which is water. Like I said the translations you use are the most obscure translations available.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

“Then God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.” God made the expanse, and separated the waters which were below the expanse from the waters which were above the expanse; and it was so. God called the expanse heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.”

Raqia
H7945

An expanse is an open area not a solid object. So you have two options for the definition of Raqia, a solid object or an open area, so which one are you going to choose in this particular usage of the word? FYI the earth’s atmosphere is made up of mostly hydrogen, oxygen, and water along with argon and a few other gases but mostly hydrogen and oxygen which is water. Like I said the translations you use are the most obscure translations available.
You literally just described it as a glass dome above. Those are your words.

Screenshot_20231207-181736~2.png

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Raqia
H7945

If NASB1995 is your translation of choice, I can use that too:

‭‭Amos‬ ‭9:6‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬
[6] The One who builds His upper chambers in the heavens And has founded His vaulted dome over the earth, He who calls for the waters of the sea And pours them out on the face of the earth, The Lord is His name.

‭‭Genesis‬ ‭7:11‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬
[11] In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the same day all the fountains of the great deep burst open, and the floodgates of the sky were opened.

‭‭Genesis‬ ‭8:2‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬
[2] Also the fountains of the deep and the floodgates of the sky were closed, and the rain from the sky was restrained;

‭‭Job‬ ‭37:18‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬
[18] Can you, with Him, spread out the skies, Strong as a molten mirror?

The Raqia, as a third option, could also be interpreted much like a balloon, that includes open space, but still retains a boundary of some solid nature. And as the balloon expanded, it separated the waters from the waters. But ultimately it doesnt matter so much, because at the end of the day, its ancient cosmology and the main point here is that the Bible isnt a science textbook.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
OE creationism doesn't work because if OE was in fact the case then you'd have to admit that the devil and his fallen angels and demons are all billions of years old.

Would God really allow his nemesis to live for billions of years? I don't think so.

And what would the devil have been doing for all those years? Tempting monkeys to sin? makes no sense!
Maybe I'm, but eternity and forever means more than billions, trillions, zillions, of years man's time. Isn't those who will be redeemed from the earth, saved by the grace of God will achieve -eternal life? Doesn't that mean we will exist forever?

And since the Bible tells us that days will end, this Earth age will end, and time will end _ doesn't that mean that time was created for men, that outside of man's existence time does not exist. Even those who have degrees in quantum physics say that time is an illusion. One of many articles.

scripture says not to fear Him who can destroy the body but fear Him who can destroy both body and spirit. That tells us that an entity can exist as long as God allows it.

Science tells us that the Earth was once a water world ( God separated the waters and brought forth land ). Science tells us that dinosaurs existed for millions of years and they have fossil evidence. (In the Bible speaks of the behemoth and the Leviathan which are definitely not an elephant or crocodile going by the descriptions. More like a brontosaurus, T-Rex, sea serpent.)

The Bible doesn't speak of death of angels or even when they were created. But it seems they existed before man. Even in the war that took place in heaven it's not said that any Angels died but that they were all cast down to earth.

Speaking of what Satan was doing for billions of years _ what will those redeemed from the earth be doing for eternity? It hasn't entered the hearts of man what God has in store for them or Jesus's words.

One day to the Lord is as a thousand years and A thousand years is as one day. And I'm quite sure that applies to the angels too who are not bound to this earth and time. So what is a billion years to man can only actually be a second to him and angelic beings, we are created a little lower than them.

Upvote 0