Why does Father God chastise the sons of God?

ZacharyB

charismatic believer for 23 years
Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First, let us understand who Father God loves …
“He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me.
And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father,
and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.
… If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him,
and We will come to him and make Our home with him.” (John 14:21-23)

CHASTISE
is described by Vine’s Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words:
“paideuo, Strong’s #3811, primarily denotes “to train children”, suggesting
the broad idea of education … “to chastise”, this being part of the training,
whether (a) by correcting with words, reproving, and admonishing, (refs),
or (b) by “chastening” by the infliction of evils and calamities, Heb 12:6-7,10.”

Hebrews 12:4-11 (Amplified Bible)
4 You have not yet struggled to the point of shedding blood in your striving against sin;
5 and you have forgotten the divine word of encouragement which is addressed to you as sons,
“My son, do not make light of the discipline of the Lord,
And do not lose heart and give up when you are corrected by Him;
6 For the Lord disciplines and corrects those whom He loves,
And He punishes every son whom He receives and welcomes [to His heart].”

7 You must submit to [correction for the purpose of] discipline; God is dealing
with you as with sons; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline?
8 Now if you are exempt from correction and without discipline, in which all
[of God’s children] share, then you are illegitimate children and not sons [at all].
9 Moreover, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us, and we submitted
and respected them [for training us]; shall we not much more willingly submit
to the Father of spirits, and live [by learning from His discipline]?
10 For our earthly fathers disciplined us for only a short time as seemed best to them;
but He disciplines us for our good, so that we may share His holiness.
11 For the time being no discipline brings joy, but seems sad and painful;
yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of
righteousness [right standing with God and a lifestyle and
attitude that seeks conformity to God’s will and purpose].

I am sure you recall the critical importance of practicing righteousness
in order to maintain your righteousness (being in a right standing with God):
“In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
whoever does NOT practice righteousness is NOT of God” (1 John 3:10)

Yes, you are correct …
there is no end of NT verses which call for your serious co-operation in your salvation.
Easy-believism and easy-grace unto salvation stands directly opposed to the NT.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
First, let us understand who Father God loves …
“He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me.
And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father,
and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.
… If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him,
and We will come to him and make Our home with him.” (John 14:21-23)

CHASTISE
is described by Vine’s Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words:
“paideuo, Strong’s #3811, primarily denotes “to train children”, suggesting
the broad idea of education … “to chastise”, this being part of the training,
whether (a) by correcting with words, reproving, and admonishing, (refs),
or (b) by “chastening” by the infliction of evils and calamities, Heb 12:6-7,10.”

Hebrews 12:4-11 (Amplified Bible)
4 You have not yet struggled to the point of shedding blood in your striving against sin;
5 and you have forgotten the divine word of encouragement which is addressed to you as sons,
“My son, do not make light of the discipline of the Lord,
And do not lose heart and give up when you are corrected by Him;
6 For the Lord disciplines and corrects those whom He loves,
And He punishes every son whom He receives and welcomes [to His heart].”
7 You must submit to [correction for the purpose of] discipline; God is dealing
with you as with sons; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline?
8 Now if you are exempt from correction and without discipline, in which all
[of God’s children] share, then you are illegitimate children and not sons [at all].
9 Moreover, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us, and we submitted
and respected them [for training us]; shall we not much more willingly submit
to the Father of spirits, and live [by learning from His discipline]?
10 For our earthly fathers disciplined us for only a short time as seemed best to them;
but He disciplines us for our good, so that we may share His holiness.
11 For the time being no discipline brings joy, but seems sad and painful;
yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of
righteousness [right standing with God and a lifestyle and
attitude that seeks conformity to God’s will and purpose].

I am sure you recall the critical importance of practicing righteousness
in order to maintain your righteousness (being in a right standing with God):
“In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
whoever does NOT practice righteousness is NOT of God” (1 John 3:10)

Yes, you are correct …
there is no end of NT verses which call for your serious co-operation in your salvation.
Easy-believism and easy-grace unto salvation stands directly opposed to the NT.
Where is the word 'chastised' used in your Bible verses?

I'm not getting what you are trying to say?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Where is the word 'chastised' used in your Bible verses?

I'm not getting what you are trying to say?
Discipline means to chastise. Read the passage again.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God's discipline is His training of us. It is the loving and nurturing process of bringing us to maturity as fully grown Sons.
Yes, becoming mature means that we put our old man behind us and that we have stopped sinning. For obviously chastisement is for correction on the son who is sinning.

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, becoming mature means that we put our old man behind us and that we have stopped sinning. For obviously chastisement is for correction on the son who is sinning.

No. Becoming mature is learning to trust and depend upon Jesus alone more and more.

For Christians, the old man is already dead, dead, dead.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No. Becoming mature is learning to trust and depend upon Jesus alone more and more.

For Christians, the old man is already dead, dead, dead.

So even if a believer sins, the old man is still dead?

Also, why is God giving discipline to a believer for their sin?

Is it a lack of trust in Jesus?
Or are they sinning merely because they find sin pleasurable to them?

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian

Christians are a new man (Eph. 4:24; Col. 3:10), a new creation (Gal. 6:15). The person that we Christians were, the “old man,” has been crucified with Christ (Rom. 6:6) and put off (Eph. 4:22; Col. 3:9).

God isn't disciplining Christians "for their sin".

Christians continue to sin because of the flesh (sarx). Which refers to patterns in the desires of our psyche, our individualized tendencies and propensities to act and react in selfish and sinful ways. The flesh is not some self-producing source of sin, but it does provide a foothold for temptation. In contrast to the Spirit’s influence to manifest godly behavior (Gal. 5:16-25).

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic

Hi,

Answer this question. If no one is free from sin, how is any of us saved?

You are using human definitions for words. As long as those humans have no errors in what God actually means, and writes that information down with no errors, and you read and understand that information, again with no errors, then what you are asking and talking about has no errors also, if I understand you, with no errors on my part.

So, your concept of being chastised by God for all of our sins, or any individual sin, may be correct.

If it is, if I was chastised for all of my sins, it was to learn how those sins hurt others.

As horrible as that was and is in my life, to be exposed to the hurtful effects of all my sins, Individually, yes you make sense in saying that.

Sin though, until God takes that away from us, as He said He would do one day, is a part of us and a fact of our existence, that is non negotiable.

We can pray. We can ask. But, even like the Apostles who were with Jesus Himself, they still sinned and Jesus talked to them about it.

Biblically, sin will exist no more in us, as I understand it. Only, that will happen Biblically after our deaths on earth, for most of us.

Sins that we do that no longer count against us as sin, are still sins but not to us. Still, we are to fight those. No where have I ever seen anyone be dead to sin except spiritually.

Now on lessons, from God, which also seems to be a meaning in your human written book, on the definition of chastisement.

God has taught and still teaches me things, by me doing, by me working, by me experiencing, truths about God, slowly by doing.

So if that is discipline, then yes much time I have been treated that way, some of it was and is hard.

LOVE,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Answer this question. If no one is free from sin, how is any of us saved?

I am assuming you got this from Romans 6:18 (NIV) that says,

"You have been set free from sin, ...."​

Is that correct?

Well, if it is, then you have to read the entire context of the verse. It says,

"You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness"
(Romans 6:18) (New International Version).​

Are you a slave to righteousness?

If so, then how?

Do you know that he that does righteousness is righteous?
Do you also know that he that commits sin is of the devil?

"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous"
(1 John 3:7).

"He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil."
(1 John 3:8)​

You are using human definitions for words. As long as those humans have no errors in what God actually means, and writes that information down with no errors, and you read and understand that information, again with no errors, then what you are asking and talking about has no errors also, if I understand you, with no errors on my part.

So, your concept of being chastised by God for all of our sins, or any individual sin, may be correct.

If it is, if I was chastised for all of my sins, it was to learn how those sins hurt others.

As horrible as that was and is in my life, to be exposed to the hurtful effects of all my sins, Individually, yes you make sense in saying that.

Sin though, until God takes that away from us, as He said He would do one day, is a part of us and a fact of our existence, that is non negotiable.

We can pray. We can ask. But, even like the Apostles who were with Jesus Himself, they still sinned and Jesus talked to them about it.

Biblically, sin will exist no more in us, as I understand it. Only, that will happen Biblically after our deaths on earth, for most of us.

Sins that we do that no longer count against us as sin, are still sins but not to us. Still, we are to fight those. No where have I ever seen anyone be dead to sin except spiritually.

Now on lessons, from God, which also seems to be a meaning in your human written book, on the definition of chastisement.

God has taught and still teaches me things, by me doing, by me working, by me experiencing, truths about God, slowly by doing.

So if that is discipline, then yes much time I have been treated that way, some of it was and is hard.

LOVE,
If you chastise your dog to stop laying hot steaming piles of dog poo on your white carpet, the goal is to get the dog to stop pooping on the carpet or in doing the wrong thing. The goal is not to chastise your dog senselessly or without an intended purpose to correct the animal. Also, chastising your dog on pooping on the carpet is not to teach the animal some other higher lesson in learning something else, either (like how to read English). The goal is to stop the animal in the specific wrong thing you do not approve of (like pooping on your white carpet).

Please take note that we are compared to dogs in Scripture.

But if you need verses for the Biblical Teaching on Sinless Perfectionism, then here are a few verses for you to consider and pray over.
(Please take note that some (not all) of the verses in this list are not stand alone verses but they work in harmony with the others).

1 Peter 4:1 says,
“Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;”
‭‭
Galatians 5:24 says,
“And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.”

1 Corinthians 10:13 says, “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.”

John 5:14 says, “Jesus ... said ... sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.”

John 8:11 says,
“And Jesus said ... go, and sin no more.”

John 8:34 (NIV) says,
"Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin."

Romans 6:14 says,
“For sin shall not have dominion over you”

Mark 10:27 says,
“And Jesus ... says, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.”

Psalms 119:11 says,
“Your word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against you.”

Matthew 5:48
"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."
‭‭
Revelation 14:3-5 says,
“And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.”

Revelation 12:17 says,
"And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

1 John 2:14 says,
" I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one."

James 3:2 says,
"If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body."

Matthew 7:21 says,
"Not every one that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

1 Thessalonians 4:3 (BLB) says,
"For it is God's will that you should be holy:"
‭‭
1 Peter 1:14-16 says,
14 "As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he who has called you is holy, so be holy in all manner of conduct;
16 Because it is written, You will be holy; for I am holy."

Hebrews 12:14 (NIV) says,
"Without holiness no one will see the Lord."

1 John 2:3-6 says,
3 "And by this we know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that says, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoever keeps his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: by this we know that we are in him.
6 He that says he abides in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."

Ephesians 4:17-28 says,
17 "This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you no longer walk as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto licentiousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
20 But you have not so learned Christ;
21 If so be that you have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 That you put off concerning the former way of life the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that you put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25 Therefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor: for we are members one of another.
26 Be angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27 Neither give place to the devil.
28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labor, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needs."

‭‭

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Chastening is evidence of Gods love. Its evidence that his spirit works within. The bible says that all are partakers of his chastening. Anyone who is not chastened is not a son. Its is Gods seal. How can God begin to help me in this way, and not succeed? God is no failure and he will finish what he started. I suppose this may be foolish boasting, but his chastening will not allow foolish thinking. I am humbled, my reverence is fearful yet hopeful.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
I am assuming you got this from Romans 6:18 (NIV) that says,

"You have been set free from sin, ...."​

Is that correct?

Well, if it is, then you have to read the entire context of the verse. It says,

"You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness"
(Romans 6:18) (New International Version).​

Are you a slave to righteousness?

If so, then how?

Do you know that he that does righteousness is righteous?
Do you also know that he that commits sin is of the devil?

"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous"
(1 John 3:7).

"He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil."
(1 John 3:8)​

If you chastise your dog to stop laying hot steaming piles of dog poo on your white carpet, the goal is to get the dog to stop pooping on the carpet or in doing the wrong thing. The goal is not to chastise your dog senselessly or without an intended purpose to correct the animal. Also, chastising your dog on pooping on the carpet is not to teach the animal some other higher lesson in learning something else, either (like how to read English). The goal is to stop the animal in the specific wrong thing you do not approve of (like pooping on your white carpet).

Please take note that we are compared to dogs in Scripture.

But if you need verses for the Biblical Teaching on Sinless Perfectionism, then here are a few verses for you to consider and pray over.
(Please take note that some (not all) of the verses in this list are not stand alone verses but they work in harmony with the others).

1 Peter 4:1 says,
“Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;”
‭‭
Galatians 5:24 says,
“And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.”

1 Corinthians 10:13 says, “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.”

John 5:14 says, “Jesus ... said ... sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.”

John 8:11 says,
“And Jesus said ... go, and sin no more.”

John 8:34 (NIV) says,
"Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin."

Romans 6:14 says,
“For sin shall not have dominion over you”

Mark 10:27 says,
“And Jesus ... says, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.”

Psalms 119:11 says,
“Your word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against you.”

Matthew 5:48
"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."
‭‭
Revelation 14:3-5 says,
“And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.”

Revelation 12:17 says,
"And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

1 John 2:14 says,
" I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one."

James 3:2 says,
"If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body."

Matthew 7:21 says,
"Not every one that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

1 Thessalonians 4:3 (BLB) says,
"For it is God's will that you should be holy:"
‭‭
1 Peter 1:14-16 says,
14 "As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he who has called you is holy, so be holy in all manner of conduct;
16 Because it is written, You will be holy; for I am holy."

Hebrews 12:14 (NIV) says,
"Without holiness no one will see the Lord."

1 John 2:3-6 says,
3 "And by this we know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that says, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoever keeps his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: by this we know that we are in him.
6 He that says he abides in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."

Ephesians 4:17-28 says,
17 "This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you no longer walk as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto licentiousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
20 But you have not so learned Christ;
21 If so be that you have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 That you put off concerning the former way of life the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that you put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25 Therefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor: for we are members one of another.
26 Be angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27 Neither give place to the devil.
28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labor, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needs."

‭‭

Hi,

No, your assumption or guess on where I got that from, is rather The Whole Bible as a Whole and not your passages.

My Bible teacher, made me find every passage I could find, in The Whole Bible from front to back, before I was allowed to consider What God Meant, on a particular Subject.

Further, I was required to use up to 7, formal Bible translations, to weed out accidental human errors in interpretation.

Once I was sent to the college library to look up the Anchor Bible.

Genesis alone there is as Thick as The Whole Bible we use today.

The Anchor Bible, is all the texts that existed at the time, that our Bible was put together. It is a collection of the original manuscripts.

Today, we use letters, like J, D and P to refer to them.

The method chosen by my instructor, was to find errors of history or science, in The Bible, but, I actually had to understand, not know of, but truly understand, whatever science or history I was to use, to try and prove the Bible wrong.

I was expected, to produce a publishable, proven proof, using something that I personally understood and can teach others about, that proved The Bible is man made.

I finished that part, in 8 1/2 years. From a science point of view, and a single error in interpretation, I had two, provable items.

In about four months, after I started sending out my proofs, to see if I had made any errors, (I am fallible after all.), the final responses were in. Both the Baptists, and the Catholics said I made an error.

I could not understand the Baptist's reasons, from a book they gave me on that subject.

The Catholics, however, their information, I could understand.

Indeed, I had made an error.

Later, I ran five what are called Controlled experiments, to see if those Would work to prove the Bible is man made.

The 8 1/2 years of work so far, Biblically, allowed me in three months to find five items that fit the Criteria, for Controlled Experiments.

After the work was complete, the five controlled experiments, unambiguously showed that The Bible is what it is Purported to be.

It is Real. It is True where It Says It is True like in John1:1, and It is False where It says It is False, like in all words of Satan, and those two friends of Job's who God said did not speak rightly about Him. God did not say Job's third friend spoke incorrectly about Him. He only said two of them did. Satan's words are also in The Bible. He is called a liar. So all of his words there are taken as False.

So, I would not say your guess is correct, about where I got my information from.

LOVE,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

No, your assumption or guess on where I got that from, is rather The Whole Bible as a Whole and not your passages.

My Bible teacher, made me find every passage I could find, in The Whole Bible from front to back, before I was allowed to consider What God Meant, on a particular Subject.

Further, I was required to use up to 7, formal Bible translations, to weed out accidental human errors in interpretation.

Once I was sent to the college library to look up the Anchor Bible.

Genesis alone there is as Thick as The Whole Bible we use today.

The Anchor Bible, is all the texts that existed at the time, that our Bible was put together. It is a collection of the original manuscripts.

Today, we use letters, like J, D and P to refer to them.

The method chosen by my instructor, was to find errors of history or science, in The Bible, but, I actually had to understand, not know of, but truly understand, whatever science or history I was to use, to try and prove the Bible wrong.

I was expected, to produce a publishable, proven proof, using something that I personally understood and can teach others about, that proved The Bible is man made.

I finished that part, in 8 1/2 years. From a science point of view, and a single error in interpretation, I had two, provable items.

In about four months, after I started sending out my proofs, to see if I had made any errors, (I am fallible after all.), the final responses were in. Both the Baptists, and the Catholics said I made an error.

I could not understand the Baptist's reasons, from a book they gave me on that subject.

The Catholics, however, their information, I could understand.

Indeed, I had made an error.

Later, I ran five what are called Controlled experiments, to see if those Would work to prove the Bible is man made.

The 8 1/2 years of work so far, Biblically, allowed me in three months to find five items that fit the Criteria, for Controlled Experiments.

After the work was complete, the five controlled experiments, unambiguously showed that The Bible is what it is Purported to be.

It is Real. It is True where It Says It is True like in John1:1, and It is False where It says It is False, like in all words of Satan, and those two friends of Job's who God said did not speak rightly about Him. God did not say Job's third friend spoke incorrectly about Him. He only said two of them did. Satan's words are also in The Bible. He is called a liar. So all of his words there are taken as False.

So, I would not say your guess is correct, about where I got my information from.

LOVE,

First, regardless if you were thinking of Romans 6:18 or not, the fact of the matter is that the verse does actually say that. But I do not see Eternal Security in that verse. Nor do I see how the truth of that verse proves that chastisement is not to correct wrong behavior.

There are other related cross references for Romans 6:18.

You can check them out here:

https://www.openbible.info/labs/cross-references/search?q=Romans+6:18

But again, I don't see how they prove what you are saying. Please show me.

Second, I did not read the bulk of your story involving your study of the Bible because it did not sound humble or knowledgeable to the subject at hand. Truth of God's Word is not taught by men but it is taught by the Spirit and personal study in prayer in
desiring to find the truth.

Three, you did not give me a response involving the real world example I made in regards to the dog. What is your opinion on that?

In any event, may God bless you.
And please be well.

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
First, regardless if you were thinking of Romans 6:18 or not, the fact of the matter is that the verse does actually say that. But I do not see Eternal Security in that verse. Nor do I see how the truth of that verse proves that chastisement is not to correct wrong behavior.

There are other related cross references for Romans 6:18.

You can check them out here:

https://www.openbible.info/labs/cross-references/search?q=Romans+6:18

But again, I don't see how they prove what you are saying. Please show me.

Second, I did not read the bulk of your story involving your study of the Bible because it did not sound humble or knowledgeable to the subject at hand. Truth of God's Word is not taught by men but it is taught by the Spirit and personal study in prayer in
desiring to find the truth.

Three, you did not give me a response involving the real world example I made in regards to the dog. What is your opinion on that?

In any event, may God bless you.
And please be well.

Hi,

In the Old Testament, when the Jews were about to be taken over, and they were with most of them losing their lives, all God asked of them, was to admit that He was God.

They did not.

Soon afterwards, in their full chastisement, to use your words, very soon people again started following God.

As you recall there was another person to chastise. That was Nebuchadnezzar.

Saul was chastised horribly. David was given his role, but both Saul and David were chastisement to us, who were not happy with direct communications with God, in those times.

And the Jews were further chastised yet again when Jesus came, by God closing their minds to Jesus, so they would not come to God from Him, and then God would heal them.

God loved Saul. Once loved, a person is always loved by God.

The same is true for the Jews. They are still loved by God.

Saul sinned. The Jews sinned. We sin.

We all sin, but still somehow we are acceptable to God.

In the Old Testament, even those alive at the time of Noah, were visited by Jesus, and possibly set free.

The idea that chastisements by God are to make us all perfectly sinless before God, has never been true, and it will never be true.

So, unduly stressing chastisement, over love, the love of God, is inappropriately looking at The Bible.

That was my point.

LOVE,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

In the Old Testament, when the Jews were about to be taken over, and they were with most of them losing their lives, all God asked of them, was to admit that He was God.

They did not.

Soon afterwards, in their full chastisement, to use your words, very soon people again started following God.

As you recall there was another person to chastise. That was Nebuchadnezzar.

Saul was chastised horribly. David was given his role, but both Saul and David were chastisement to us, who were not happy with direct communications with God, in those times.

And the Jews were further chastised yet again when Jesus came, by God closing their minds to Jesus, so they would not come to God from Him, and then God would heal them.

God loved Saul. Once loved, a person is always loved by God.

The same is true for the Jews. They are still loved by God.

Saul sinned. The Jews sinned. We sin.

We all sin, but still somehow we are acceptable to God.

In the Old Testament, even those alive at the time of Noah, were visited by Jesus, and possibly set free.

The idea that chastisements by God are to make us all perfectly sinless before God, has never been true, and it will never be true.

So, unduly stressing chastisement, over love, the love of God, is inappropriately looking at The Bible.

That was my point.

LOVE,
Then what is the purpose of chastisement if it is not for correcting wrong behavior?

Can you provide an answer with Scripture?

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Then what is the purpose of chastisement if it is not for correcting wrong behavior?

Can you provide an answer with Scripture?

Hi,

This is what, I think.

Chastisement, is for when all else fails, on the very least that God wants from us.

Sure He wants perfection, but does not demand it.

Rather what He asks is for us to choose Him, and choosing God, choosing to fear The Lord, God The Father, is found in Proverbs two or three.

Sure, He actually tells us through Paul, that we are to be perfect.

The one thief on the cross, was not perfect, yet Jesus saved Him.

That was mercy. The guy just told the truth. He even told the other thief the truth.

He then asked for mercy, but not in those words.

He was not chastised by God, into perfection. Really, what allowed Jesus to reward that guy, was what Jesus did for His Father, but also for us.

So rather than perfection in The Old Testament ways, of even following Love God and Love your neighbor as yourself, it was Jesus that substituted Himself, between a set of rules to bring one of us to God, ending for all time things like chastisement to perfect us.

Chastisement, turns us back to God hopefully. It is not used to make us perfect.

No amount of chastisement, can make us perfect before God. If it could, then we would see Bible passages of that leading us to God, maybe even in Abraham's time, rather than faith, and now mercy and truth.

The thief told the truth. Jesus was merciful, not chastising.,

Paraphrased:

"Hey, shut up about this guy. He did nothing to be up here. You and I are getting what we deserve."

That was truth number 1

"When you get.... Please remember me."

That is truth 2. And it is a request for mercy possibly.

There is so much in The Bible, about even me and you having thoughts that are bad, from our waking up till we fall asleep.

The Bible is full not of our perfections through chastisements, but rather our imperfections even with chastisements.

Chastisements are not the tool God uses for us to be acceptable to Him, it is Jesus and our willingness to believe He did that.

LOVE,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The thief was crucified. That may be his chastening. Possibly he was chastened before as well. The bible says that all are partakers of his chastening. So he received both mercy and chastisement.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

This is what, I think.

Chastisement, is for when all else fails, on the very least that God wants from us.

Sure He wants perfection, but does not demand it.

Rather what He asks is for us to choose Him, and choosing God, choosing to fear The Lord, God The Father, is found in Proverbs two or three.

Sure, He actually tells us through Paul, that we are to be perfect.

The one thief on the cross, was not perfect, yet Jesus saved Him.

That was mercy. The guy just told the truth. He even told the other thief the truth.

He then asked for mercy, but not in those words.

He was not chastised by God, into perfection. Really, what allowed Jesus to reward that guy, was what Jesus did for His Father, but also for us.

So rather than perfection in The Old Testament ways, of even following Love God and Love your neighbor as yourself, it was Jesus that substituted Himself, between a set of rules to bring one of us to God, ending for all time things like chastisement to perfect us.

Chastisement, turns us back to God hopefully. It is not used to make us perfect.

No amount of chastisement, can make us perfect before God. If it could, then we would see Bible passages of that leading us to God, maybe even in Abraham's time, rather than faith, and now mercy and truth.

Paraphrased:

"Hey, shut up about this guy. He did nothing to be up here. You and I are getting what we deserve."

That was truth number 1

"When you get.... Please remember me."

That is truth 2. And it is a request for mercy possibly.

There is so much in The Bible, about even me and you having thoughts that are bad, from our waking up till we fall asleep.

The Bible is full not of our perfections through chastisements, but rather our imperfections even with chastisements.

Chastisements are not the tool God uses for us to be acceptable to Him, it is Jesus and our willingness to believe He did that.

LOVE,
I realize some words in the Bible doesn't always mean what we think it says. For example, the verse that says God creates evil actually means calamity and not evil. Can you provide an example in the Bible where the word perfect does not mean perfect?

Upvote 0