Why do you, if you believe in "evolution" deny that there is most likely a "God"...?

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Huh? You want me to watch a video of muppets singing that too much chocolate cake gives you a stomach ache?

Ok. I'll comment. I think too much chocolate cake can give a stomach ache.

And your point was?
What's your problem with at least seeing what other people's views are...? If I can take the time, and am not afraid to, "seriously consider" Atheists and strict evolutionists viewpoints and patiently hear them out and strongly consider them, why won't you also do the same with a video, and this was my point of it:

That it is a video that was very honest about the problems and errors or things and facts that neither can fully explain away, facing both the strictest form of the non lenient, unyielding, classic creationist view, and also the strictest form and very non lenient, unyielding, classic evolutionist viewpoints...

Are you afraid of what it might say, that it might do this, or cause, or do you have this problem (described in this link with you)...

http://www.christianforums.com/thre...-own-pre-conceived-notions-and-ideas.7967470/

We must patiently hear each other out, and consider what one another has to say, like how in a debate, one person gets to speak, while the other shuts up and listens, for say a predetermined period of time, then the other get to say their part for a predetermined period of time, while the other one shuts up and listens to theirs... If your not brave enough or wise enough to do this, then your at a major loss in life... Even, after listening if you still don't agree with what the other has to say, you'll at least gain some wisdom from the insight gained in knowing the way they think, if your brave enough and wise enough to do that, that is...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Are you a believer in the gap theory?
Not really, although anything's possible in my book, but I don't think that a literal six days, as in one of our days, is the same length of one of God's days, which length I don't think we can know... I'm more of a "Day-age creationist" personally...

I believe Genesis 1:1 to Genesis 2:4, is a "summary" of any earth or possibly universe (Heavens) from it's beginning to it's end, that leaves out very much of almost "all details" about anything... Then, we begin getting details starting in Genesis 2:5, which leaves out the details or says anything at all of all of creation from beginning to end, unlike Genesis 1:1 to Genesis 2:4 does... but just simply starts out with God and man (possibly angels also), and discards the rest that is explained in a very vague "fly over "or "fly by" in Genesis 1:1 to 2:4...

Genesis 2:4 kinda proves this for it clearly states that what was said "before" it, that it is (a very brief, vague summary) that it is a "history" of both the Heavens (and the things in or pertaining to them), and the earth, (and the things in or pertaining to them) or earth's elsewhere, that it is a "history", or "historical record", from "the day of there being created" (from beginning to end)...

God Bless!

Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Why would you think that your creation myth and stories are any better or more reasonable than any of the others?
They could share a "common thread" of truth in all of them possibly from a certain perspective or point of view or interpretation possibly... But, the reason why I might reject them though, is because I think that it is the "truth" that "God is One", and is "One true Sovereign God" over all others and I think it is a highly likely possibility that it is the only ones that got this "One God" concept or truth "first", is the only ones "he" chose to reveal the truth of him, the only true God to (first), that is, was/were, the very first ones arriving at and pondering that concept... Of which The Hebrews are/were...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Not really, although anything's possible in my book, but I don't think that a literal six days, as in one of our days, is the same length of one of God's days, which length I don't think we can know... I'm more of a "Day-age creationist" personally...

I believe Genesis 1:1 to Genesis 2:4, is a "summary" of any earth or possibly universe (Heavens) from it's beginning to it's end, that leaves out very much of almost "all details" about anything... Then, we begin getting details starting in Genesis 2:5, which leaves out the details or says anything at all of all of creation from beginning to end, unlike Genesis 1:1 to Genesis 2:4 does... but just simply starts out with God and man (possibly angels also), and discards the rest that is explained in a very vague "fly over "or "fly by" in Genesis 1:1 to 2:4...

Genesis 2:4 kinda proves this for it clearly states that what was said "before" it, that it is (a very brief, vague summary) that it is a "history" of both the Heavens (and the things in or pertaining to them), and the earth, (and the things in or pertaining to them) or earth's elsewhere, that it is a "history", or "historical record", from "the day of there being created" (from beginning to end)...

God Bless!
I am considering the the possibility of my "Day-age theory" that is that God is not bound by time, in the typical way we think of time, but, his days and time intervals could be measured by "events"... Take humanity for example, most will admit that were moving much faster than we ever have, some even say that time is going by faster and faster it seems... What do they mean by this by this saying...?

Well, consider that what used to happen in the way of advancement and events, what used to take millennia, started taking centuries, what used to take centuries, started taking decades, what used to take decades, is now happening in years... This may be what they mean... God's days from the very beginning of the universe could be very similar, God, not being bound by time, as we measure and think of time, but he could measure them by "events"...

It also could happen that what used to take years, could start happening in months, and what used to take months, could start happening in a day, what used to take days, hours, hours, minutes, minutes, seconds, ect, ect...

It all leads to God's concept of time could be this way, and the day's spoken of in Genesis could be like this...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What's your problem with at least seeing what other people's views are...? If I can take the time, and am not afraid to, "seriously consider" Atheists and strict evolutionists viewpoints and patiently hear them out and strongly consider them, why won't you also do the same with a video, and this was my point of it:
I have no problem hearing other views. That is why I am here. I even clicked on your video, and saw at least a minute of muppets singing about eating too much chocolate cake. When I realized this was not just an advertisement, but was part of the show, I clicked it off. I don't have the time to watch muppets singing about stomach aches.
That it is a video that was very honest about the problems and errors or things and facts that neither can fully explain away, facing both the strictest form of the non lenient, unyielding, classic creationist view, and also the strictest form and very non lenient, unyielding, classic evolutionist viewpoints...
Fine. Bring it on. Please tell me what errors you see with classic evolutionist views. Just give me a quick summary of one or more of the problems.
Are you afraid of what it might say,
No. Actually, I am afraid of what it might not say. If I slog through half an hour of a kids show about cake, to find one point you are trying to make about evolution, I am wasting my time. Let's cut to the chase. What problem do you have with evolution?

If I link to something about evolution, rest assured it will not be a muppets kid show with a sentence thrown in there about evolution.

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Neogaia,

It would help me if I knew where you are coming from. Are you a progressive creationist?

I don't think that a literal six days, as in one of our days, is the same length of one of God's days, which length I don't think we can know... I'm more of a "Day-age creationist" personally...
OK, so you accept that the earth could be 4.5 billion years old? And do you accept that life forms came into existence in stages, with early life forms very different from modern life, as indicated in the fossil record? Are you proposing the progressive creationist stance, in which God acted over the course of millions of years, progressively creating creatures that looked more and more like modern life?

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

God Bless!

I suppose you can believe whatever you want to believe...but I'm not going to stretch the bible the way you do as it leads down some very slippery slopes.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,754.00
Faith
Atheist
Comments on this video and what it says...?
It seems to be a series of clips from TV programmes for the under fives. To me it says, 'why are you watching clips of kid's TV when you could be doing something useful?'

How is this supposed to be relevant?

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I suppose you can believe whatever you want to believe...but I'm not going to stretch the bible the way you do as it leads down some very slippery slopes.
How old do you think the earth i? Less than 10,000 years old?

If the earth is not 4.5 billion years old, why do we see billions of years of sediments down there?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How old do you think the earth i? Less than 10,000 years old?

If the earth is not 4.5 billion years old, why do we see billions of years of sediments down there?

We don't see billions of years of sediment.

We can know the dating techniques are flawed and the dino's are not 65+ MY's old because... we find soft tissue in dinosaur bones. We find frozen unfossilized dinosaur bones and Carbon 14 in Dinosaur Bones.

So, yes, the earth isn't as old as you think.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I have no problem hearing other views. That is why I am here. I even clicked on your video, and saw at least a minute of muppets singing about eating too much chocolate cake. When I realized this was not just an advertisement, but was part of the show, I clicked it off. I don't have the time to watch muppets singing about stomach aches.

Fine. Bring it on. Please tell me what errors you see with classic evolutionist views. Just give me a quick summary of one or more of the problems.

No. Actually, I am afraid of what it might not say. If I slog through half an hour of a kids show about cake, to find one point you are trying to make about evolution, I am wasting my time. Let's cut to the chase. What problem do you have with evolution?

If I link to something about evolution, rest assured it will not be a muppets kid show with a sentence thrown in there about evolution.
If you don't want to take the time to listen to opposing viewpoints, then you are the kid obsessed with eating cake... I've spent plenty of time with yours, you know that's part of the problem with today's society and kids like you today, the specifics are in the video... I only know that I had heard enough in it, to finally admit that "theory" of Evolution isn't perfect, nor is the end all be all answer to all things, (which I previously thought that it could, or might be, (like you) and/but I changed that) and that was enough for me...

You might want to check out this thread, if it's not a waste of your oh so valuable, precious time...

http://www.christianforums.com/threads/christianity-and-the-fact-of-evolution.7967713/

Valid arguments an points from "both sides" are in it, but, oh, that's right, it's a waste of your oh so valuable, precious time to consider anyone else's valid, logical viewpoints, cause there are none, except your own, right...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Neogaia,

It would help me if I knew where you are coming from. Are you a progressive creationist?

OK, so you accept that the earth could be 4.5 billion years old? And do you accept that life forms came into existence in stages, with early life forms very different from modern life, as indicated in the fossil record? Are you proposing the progressive creationist stance, in which God acted over the course of millions of years, progressively creating creatures that looked more and more like modern life?
Truth be told, I now think that all of "This" is an illusion, a simulation, and we are in the Matrix, or on like a Holdeck, designed and created by God... It has the "appearance" of being "real" and perhaps is very real to us currently, but it really is not...

But, I'm trying to operate and work within the framework of what others think and their theories and thoughts and ideas also... Like yours, so I will speak to others working within their framework and with that in mind...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is what "I" believe, but I stepped into your beliefs for a while, and tried to make you see the reason and end results and inevitable conclusions of your logic, but, "whatever"...

Clearly, you failed in stepping into "our" "beliefs".

As I have explained to you, evolution is a physical process that works upon physical molecules. That's not a process that ends up in non-physical beings.

I no longer feel or have the need of "proving" anything to any of you

Then what are you doing in the science forum?

I do have something to "prove" to" myself"... And, that is, that I can find and know the "truth"

Knowledge is demonstrable.
Knowledge and mere beliefs, are not the same thing.

... And, I'm almost there, I would like very much for others to see it and know it also, but, if they don't, I don't feel or have the need of, proving anything to any of you anymore, I'm doing this for me now...

Good for you.

In the science forums however, people are going to ask you for supportive evidence of your claims.

And if you misrepresent scientific ideas and concepts, people will call you out on it.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not really, although anything's possible in my book

Anything? Like.... 'anything'-anything?
Why?

, but I don't think that a literal six days, as in one of our days, is the same length of one of God's days, which length I don't think we can know... I'm more of a "Day-age creationist" personally...

Well, it is kind of weird to talk about a "day" or "night", when you don't find yourself on a physical planet that orbits a physical sun and which rotates around its own axis.

I believe Genesis 1:1 to Genesis 2:4, is a "summary" of any earth or possibly universe (Heavens) from it's beginning to it's end, that leaves out very much of almost "all details" about anything...

I believe Genesis is just one of many, many creation myths that ancient humans have dreamed up, by lack of an actual explanation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Truth be told, I now think that all of "This" is an illusion, a simulation, and we are in the Matrix, or on like a Holdeck, designed and created by God... It has the "appearance" of being "real" and perhaps is very real to us currently, but it really is not...

Hey, whatever, smoke another weed if you wish. I was looking for serious conversation.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
What do you think these lifeforms would "do" in the universe as it pertains to lifeforms like us, who are now, what they once used to be, long, long ago...? Would they show themselves openly to us from the "realm", for lack of a better word, from which they now operate...? Could they even do that from there without having to manifest a physical form that isn't really their true form, because their true from cannot be seen from "this realm", this reality...? How would they interfere and choose to affect, guide and direct us, if they so chose to do so....?
It may be possible for beings to evolve to some sort of state of being we might call a "spirit". Not through regular evolution, though, but through technology instead. I believe its been said that humans aren't evolving anymore in the evolutionary sense. Even unhealthy people get to breed, so there isn't natural selection anymore. But we are evolving technologically. So we might find a way to change our physical bodies, or find a way to travel ridiculously long distances ridiculously fast. But it also might not ever be possible. We don't know for sure whether something is possible at all unless we see it done.

But to address more directly what I just quoted of you, we can think about what we do in that exact situation. We evolved from some distance ancestor that was much alike to bacteria. How much interest do we have in guiding the lives of bacteria? What sort of way could we interact with bacteria that would be in any way significant? But it's rude to answer a question with a question, so I'll go ahead and state: such beings would almost certainly have no interest in interacting with us, or at the very least, there is no reason we can see that they ever would and therefore shouldn't assume it is likely because we can see, given similar circumstances, that no such interest between vastly different organisms exists.

On a side note, I've only seen a handful of atheists in my life that think evolution proves God doesn't exist and they're wrong. Most people are smart enough to know you can't disprove God's existence.

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟467,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Valid arguments an points from "both sides" are in it, but, oh, that's right, it's a waste of your oh so valuable, precious time to consider anyone else's valid, logical viewpoints, cause there are none, except your own, right...?

ROFL! You posted a video of muppets singing about chocolate cake! I stopped watching your video of muppets singing about chocolate cake, because it is irrelevant.

Reasoned arguments about evolution is not a waste of time. If you have such arguments, I would be glad to hear you out. But I am not going to waste hours of my time watching a video of muppets singing about chocolate cake. Post something relevant, for crying out loud.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It doesn't matter what road you take, and intelligent creator and designer a "God" is clearly evident... Whether it be the end result of Evolution, or whatever you may believe or buy into...

Consider this about Evolution, just as one minor example of this...

See, "evidence", "Plausibility" and "Impossibility"...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objections_to_evolution#Evidence

I cannot change the "Die Hard's" that claim the ToE is perfect and flawless, but, I can just tell you that the "truth" is that it is not... I really wish it were, to tell you the truth, but, it's not, and that's the "truth"... I wish it were for the exact same reason that many of you believe it is, to have something flawless, perfect, and most importantly "certain", that works for and explains everything, and not "uncertain", and doesn't always work and can't explain everything, for uncertainty disturbs and unsettles me, and I think that's why many of you "Die Hard's" don't dare question it and deny the truth that it is not "flawless" and "perfect" and is unreliable in what many "Die Hard's" only claims it does or can do...

Prove otherwise, if you can...

God Bless!

Consider us and the things in Creation, there is clearly an intelligence behind it's design, all of it is very, very disturbingly similar to the intelligence behind the things we create, build, make, design, only on a less advanced scope and scale... But, is similar enough to see, if your not blind, the same kind of intelligence on a much more advanced scope and scale than us... The similarities are striking, your blind if you can't see that...

Those are just two things to consider...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I cannot change the "Die Hard's" that claim the ToE is perfect and flawless,

Who has said that? I've never heard about it, sounds like a strawman to me.

I can just tell you that the "truth" is that it is not... I really wish it were, to tell you the truth, but, it's not, and that's the "truth"...

Do you claim to know enough about biology to be making such grand proclaimations? I think that we're all aware that the TOE is not 'perfect and flawless'.

I wish it were for the exact same reason that many of you believe it is, to have something flawless, perfect, and most importantly "certain", that works for and explains everything, and not "uncertain", and doesn't always work and can't explain everything,

No one thinks that, that you think they do suggests your opinions on the matter don't hold much weight.

for uncertainty disturbs and unsettles me, and I think that's why many of you "Die Hard's" don't dare question it and deny the truth that it is not "flawless" and "perfect" and is unreliable in what many "Die Hard's" only claims it does or can do...

Again, no one thinks it's either 'flawless or perfect', however, although there will always details to work out the evidence for common descent is indisputable.

Prove otherwise, if you can...

Prove what? Your strawman version, no thanks.

Consider us and the things in Creation, there is clearly an intelligence behind it's design, all of it is very, very disturbingly similar to the intelligence behind the things we create, build, make, design, only on a less advanced scope and scale... But, is similar enough to see, if your not blind, the same kind of intelligence on a much more advanced scope and scale than us... The similarities are striking, your blind if you can't see that...

Prove it.

"Looks like" is not convincing. The accumulated scientific evidence collected over the last 100 years vs. 'looks like'? Go and study ERVs and nested hierarchies and tell us how they support intelligent design.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveB28
Upvote 0