Why do Christians have trouble with accepting Evolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FishSticks2016

Apr 6, 2016
Chicago
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1) Creation best fits the evidence available; it's the most scientific.
2) Evolution fails on so many accounts, it's ludicrous - music, beauty, sense of purpose, fossil record, mathematical odds, origins of information in the cell, evil & morality, life from non-life, etc... All can be explained by Creation, but not Evolution.
3) Bible prophecy, among other things, prove it to be a book from another dimension - authored by God. This is not just another book written by mankind and the Bible makes it unmistakably clear that God created man in His own image, unlike the animals.

Those are some of the reasons I believe in Creation and reject the fairy tale of Evolution.

Well said. I'd like to point something else out.

For Christians especially, i'm sorry, but the Bible and evolution cannot “coexist”. The two views are mutually exclusive. Besides all the other scientific evidence against evolution, God gives evolution a proper smack-down in one verse:

Romans 5:12 – Because of this, even as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, so also death passed to all men, inasmuch as all sinned.

Therefore, the Biblical order of events that transpired is 1) humans, 2) sin, 3) death.

Evolution has it completely backwards. Evolution’s order is 1) death, 2) humans, 3) sin.

Evolution needed millions of years of death first to get the ball rolling and get us to the human stage of life, but according to the Bible, there was no death until Adam sinned.

Christians can’t have it both ways… I think God was perfectly capable of doing it the way He said He did it. So as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD :amen:

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Past me had issues with accepting evolution but I.....evolved :)

But now I am glad I don't have conflict between my Christian faith and the scientific world.

Sounds like Bishop Spong. He rejects the Resurrection for scientific reasons. By your reasoning, this is perfectly valid.

Upvote 0

But now I am glad I don't have conflict between my Christian faith and the scientific world.
I do not have any conflict between my Christian faith and science... Just between my faith and the pseudo-science that the humanistic worldview peddles. Creationism is not in conflict with true science, in fact the scientific method arose from those who believed in God and the Biblical view of creationism.

Upvote 0

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟19,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do you feel comfortable in trying to find agreement with satanic points of view?

I have the comfort within me that by accepting evolution, I am accepting truth and the method which God used to create the diversity of life on this planet. By doing so it is not satan's point of view I am agreeing with.

Upvote 0
Well said. I'd like to point something else out.

For Christians especially, i'm sorry, but the Bible and evolution cannot “coexist”. The two views are mutually exclusive. Besides all the other scientific evidence against evolution, God gives evolution a proper smack-down in one verse:

Romans 5:12 – Because of this, even as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, so also death passed to all men, inasmuch as all sinned.

Therefore, the Biblical order of events that transpired is 1) humans, 2) sin, 3) death.

Evolution has it completely backwards. Evolution’s order is 1) death, 2) humans, 3) sin.

Evolution needed millions of years of death first to get the ball rolling and get us to the human stage of life, but according to the Bible, there was no death until Adam sinned.

Christians can’t have it both ways… I think God was perfectly capable of doing it the way He said He did it. So as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD :amen:

You are correct in saying these two opposing world views cannot coexist in the believer (unless they're twisting one to accommodate the other)

Upvote 0

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟19,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like Bishop Spong. He rejects the Resurrection for scientific reasons. By your reasoning, this is perfectly valid.

I don't know who Bishop Spong is, but please stop generalizing all evolutionary creationists with the same brush.

Most Christians in the world accept evolution (though in the USA creationism is strong), and they just like me can belief in the miracle of the resurrection while using ones reason to accept the scientific world.

Upvote 0
I have the comfort within me that by accepting evolution, I am accepting truth and the method which God used to create the diversity of life on this planet. By doing so it is not satan's point of view I am agreeing with.
Evolution doesn't allow God into the equation! You are greatly deceived

Upvote 0

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟19,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Evolution doesn't allow God into the equation! You are greatly deceived

Well of course the ToE is not going to talk about God. Science deals with the natural world and is not going to bring up God when it deals with scientific theory.

After all the theory of gravity does not reference God even though we believe he is the reason for it existing.

When scientists deal with the weather, they aren't going to pull the "Goddidit".

But for those that accept evolution happening but also faith that God exists and created the world. Then we view as God causing evolution to happen.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well of course the ToE is not going to talk about God. Science deals with the natural world and is not going to bring up God when it deals with scientific theory.
It's a naturalistic theory at best.
After all the theory of gravity does not reference God even though we believe he is the reason for it existing.
Only a fool would compare gravity with ToE.

I've heard enough...
You know not of the other side of this controversy, this dismisses you from having a meaningful discussion on this topic (i.m.h.o.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You conformed to the world. Thats not a good thing.

Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Upvote 0

When scientists deal with the weather, they aren't going to pull the "Goddidit".

But for those that accept evolution happening but also faith that God exists and created the world. Then we view as God causing evolution to happen.
Evolution, by definition, does not acknowledge the existence or dependancy upon God for anything that exists - true or false statement? The ToE says everything came to be by purely random, naturalistic causes, so it is intellectually dishonest to sneak God in as an after thought and say God used evolution to create! It's all or nothing - evolution or creationism. Either God spoke and created Everything out of nothing or evolution (no God involvement) did the creating (which is ludicrous). If you believe in TOE, you must address life coming from non-life - it's an essential starting point. Science needn't be divorced from Creationism, in fact it supports it.

Upvote 0

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟19,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You conformed to the world. Thats not a good thing.

Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Yes I confirmed to the world. Just like when I accepted a spherical earth unlike the ancient cosmology one in Genesis. Accepting also that science led to a real moon landing is also conforming :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes I confirmed to the world. Just like when I accepted a spherical earth unlike the ancient cosmology one in Genesis. Accepting also that science led to a real moon landing is also conforming :)
Taken by the Big Bang theory...
Understandable.
But should you?
I don't believe so.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You conformed to the lie none the less. Your comparisons are hardly called for. I accept that the world is round, but i dont accept ToE. If you don't see deception involved with ToE then that's your problem friend, but please don't compare those who do with people who think the earth is flat.

Upvote 0

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
Atlanta, Georgia Metropolitan Area, U.S.A.
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well, you're wrong.

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

FishSticks2016

Apr 6, 2016
Chicago
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry but where in Genesis does it infer that the Earth is flat? God said in Isaiah that the Earth is a sphere. 21Do you not know? Have you not heard? Has it not been declared to you from the beginning? Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth? 22It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.