Why do Christians have trouble with accepting Evolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟932,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Dawkins admits to the design observed in nature.

"“biology is the study of complicated things that appear to have been designed for a purpose.”
The Blind Watchmaker, 1996, p. 1.

Dawkins illustrates the point that a sufficiently talented “story teller” can spin a story to convince himself to ignore the observations in nature even though he can see complicated biological systems that appear to have been designed for a purpose.

Notice that even the professors in the junk-science religion of evolutionism - cannot help but admit to the design that they are seeing - as they quickly sweep it under a rug with much hand-waiving and denial.

Why should we give up our Bibles for such "fluff" -- as if the Rev 20 lake of Fire were not already something to avoid? Why join with atheists in their "doctrine on origins"??

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟932,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As we saw that again in the case of the fraudulent horse series

"I admit that an awful lot of that [imaginary stories] has gotten into the textbooks as though it were true. For instance, the most famous example still on exhibit downstairs [in the American Museum of Natural History] is the exhibit on horse evolution prepared perhaps 50 years ago. That has been presented as literal truth in textbook after textbook. Now I think that that is lamentable ..."
Niles Eldredge, as quoted in Luther D Sunderland, Darwin's Enigma: Fossils and Other Problems, 4th ed. 1988, pg 78.

"The uniform continuous transformation of Hyracotherium into Equus, so dear to the hearts of generations of textbook writers, never happened in nature."—G.G. Simpson, Life of the Past (1953), p. 119.

============================

The sorts of things world class scientists were not saying about gravity and thermodynamics in the 1980's and 1950's

Here is a fact already in evidence.

After the bold equivocation between junk-science evolutionism and actual science like the law of Gravity and the laws of thermodynamics - I pointed out the blunder - showing that in real life you don't see world class scientists saying the sorts of thing about gravity as evolutionism's own atheist scientists say about evolutionism.

============

Collin Patterson (atheist and diehard evolutionist to the day he died in 1998) - Paleontologist British Museum of Natural history speaking at the American Museum of Natural History in 1981 - said:

Patterson - quotes Gillespie's arguing that Christians

"'...holding creationist ideas could plead ignorance of the means and affirm only the fact,'"

Patterson countered, "That seems to summarize the feeling I get in talking to evolutionists today. They plead ignorance of the means of transformation, but affirm only the fact (saying):'Yes it has...we know it has taken place.'"

"...Now I think that many people in this room would acknowledge that during the last few years, if you had thought about it at all, you've experienced a shift from evolution as knowledge to evolution as faith. I know that's true of me, and I think it's true of a good many of you in here...

"...,Evolution not only conveys no knowledge, but seems somehow to convey anti-knowledge , apparent knowledge which is actually harmful to systematics..."

========================

Now on this thread we are being "told" to equivocate between blind faith evolutionism - and ... 'Gravity' and 'the law of thermodynamics'. AS IF our top scientists today ALSO come out saying "the law of thermodynamics conveys no knowledge.. in fact it seems somehow to convey anti-knowledge. apparent knowledge that is harmful to physics".

AS IF our top scientists today would say "Gravity --and the gravitational constant so near and dear to science text books today - NEVER HAPPENED in nature".

REALLY?? That is what you see happening???

========================================================

Thus the perfect contrast was given - exposing that sort of "equivocation" as was attempted trying to get evolutionism in the "legit box" of science - that has Gravity and Thermodynamics in it

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
you want the short form or the long one.

Nobel prize Cosmologist, atheist, evolutionist Martin Rees and the guy that is the "Father of String Theory" -- Leonard Susskind also agree to this - atheist concept of all life coming from the big bang. (Something you apparently imagine nobody out there is promoting... where have you been!!??).

They along with Dawkins will argue that these are simply a string of stories about very unlikely events such that you start with that pile of dirt -- and you end up with a rabbit!

Christians have a difficult time tossing the Bible out the window for that "pile of dirt will sure-enough turn into a rabbit" mythology.
Sorry, where's the quote?

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Before we were humans we were (a) dust of the earth (b) primates

I think both are true. For you to say its an insult to have a primate in our past is no more of an insult than to claim we have dust in our past. Its no more or less a blow to our pride either way.
Except one is mentioned in the Bible, the other isn't...

You are more than entitled to your secular beliefs on creation but this is a place where Bible believing Christians gather for edification. Biblical based discussions would be nice... just sayin'

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, that's because people didn't know that yet, and God knew if He put that in the Bible the people who were receiving it from Him would completely reject it.
So you claim to know the mind of God now?

When will He reveal to us the alien presence as we were obviously not ready for that bombshell till now...

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Except one is mentioned in the Bible, the other isn't...

You are more than entitled to your secular beliefs on creation but this is a place where Bible believing Christians gather for edification. Biblical based discussions would be nice... just sayin'
Bacteria aren't mentioned in the Bible, euther, but disease causing demons are.

Upvote 0

Extraneous

Jan 29, 2016
USA
✟19,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bacteria aren't mentioned in the Bible, euther, but disease causing demons are.

Uncleanness is mentioned. We see it in the OT teaching about covering water container,s and being defiled for a length of time after being around a diseased corpse. That seems to be referring to germs, way before science had a microscope. THis perhaps may have a spiritual meaning as well, but it still has a very natural reason for the command, in my fallible opinion anyway. Evolution is not truth, you are only following mans fallible theories instead of minding things of the spirit. It wont help you bear fruit.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Down syndrome isn't a new species because people with Down Syndrome can interbreed with people without down syndrome.
No, most people with downs exhibit infertility... just like the observed plants in that article you posted. If a genetic mutation that causes speciation happened, with what would they breed with if not the parent species? Or do they live long enough for the same mutation to occur in an opposite sex?

If genetic mutation supposedly produces an advancement of our species, name me one that would be beneficial to us... I provided a link to all human genetic mutations known.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_genetic_disorders

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The straw man fallacy is to erect a false version of what the other side maintains or asserts, and then attack that false version.

You asked the following:

"Are you claiming that a primate or some primordial ooze is the likeness of God?"

There is nothing I said or suggested that would prompt such a thought. Your suggestion that such a thought was even possible from what I said is what I am calling a straw man fallacy. Now if you are willing to discuss things more rationally, I'd be glad to participate, but be prepared to have nonsense pointed out when it is offered.
Well, let's establish a few facts before we proceed. Do you believe we are created in the image and likeness of God?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here's a chart.
species-extinction.jpg
Well, that settles it then... there's a sketch of it... what more evidence does one need?

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You just haven't done enough research. You are being deluded by forces that want you to believe a lie.
Actually, I have read up on this recent theory that's making it's way around the internet...

Answer me this... if the earth is flat and not a sphere, why can't I take a telescope on the coast of Nova Scotia, Canada and see England, Europe.... even Iceland? If you've ever been to lake Superior, you will observe the same thing... you can't see the other side of the lake. Why?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
Atlanta, Georgia Metropolitan Area, U.S.A.
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I have read up on this recent theory that's making it's way around the internet...

Answer me this... if the earth is flat and not a sphere, why can't I take a telescope on the coast of Nova Scotia, Canada and see England, Europe.... even Iceland? If you've ever been to lake Superior, you will observe the same thing... you can't see the other side of the lake. Why?

You can't see the other side because of perspective.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Evolution believers not only refuse to believe the creation, they reject the story of Noah as well. Jesus mentioned Noah by name as well as the flood that carried them all away. Jesus taught that the flood was real. Evolution believers discount His teaching. Evolution, then, is a rejection of the Scriptures as much as it is an acceptance of scientific theory.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Evolution believers not only refuse to believe the creation, they reject the story of Noah as well. Jesus mentioned Noah by name as well as the flood that carried them all away. Jesus taught that the flood was real. Evolution believers discount His teaching. Evolution, then, is a rejection of the Scriptures as much as it is an acceptance of scientific theory.
Amen!

The spirit of rebellion reigns supreme in men's hearts...

Upvote 0

bornagain91

Legend
Jan 16, 2007
Cardiff South Wales UK
✟124,042.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Because it didn't happen.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.