Why didn't the Bible prophesy the riseof Homosexuality Spirit within the Church?

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I said Homosexuality is an activity. A person may be a homosexual but the sexual activity he practises is called Homosexuality.

No. Homosexuality is the state of being a homosexual. Homosexual activity is homosexual activity.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can try to tap dance this any way you wish but the reality of that time was people were employed that way. A man would sell himself as a servant to provide for his family.

In this day and time words are used that simply mean slavery. Currency was not used in that time as it is today so a slave was housed and fed by their masters.

When you get through...we sell ourselves for service. The only difference is we are paid in currency. You will do as your employer has hired you to do or you have no job. Calling it employment is simply a palatable way of being a slave.

That's the bottom line.

There is no tap dancing being done except by you.

An indentured servant cannot leave his employer. An indentured servant cannot say, "I quit."

If an indentured servant tried to leave his employer, he would be arrested and prosecuted under law.

That is true for an indentured servant, it is not true for an employee, and the operation of the law is what makes the difference.

That is not true of a man who is selling his labor to an employer. He makes an agreement to sell a certain amount of labor for which his employer is obligated by law to pay him, quid pro quo, over and done.

Upvote 0

Dusky Mouse

Cats Are In Charge ~ Accept It!
Sep 25, 2013
Adelaide S.Australia
✟2,598.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's a form of indentured servitude. You're a slave. You sell your self to provide a service to your employer.
Speak for yourself. :) If that is how you see it when you go to work so be it.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Speak for yourself. :) If that is how you see it when you go to work so be it.
Fine! Like I said...all you have to do is think it through. Everyone serves someone...like I said we just don't call it "slavery" but when you think it through it's simply slavery more "civilized" in our day... (if you will).

If you don't think so...quit your job...let's see how free you are...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fine! Like I said...all you have to do is think it through. Everyone serves someone...like I said we just don't call it "slavery" but when you think it through it's simply slavery more "civilized" in our day... (if you will).

If you don't think so...quit your job...let's see how free you are...:thumbsup:

People quit their jobs every day. Many go to work for themselves.

An indentured servant cannot quit without being prosecuted by law.

Upvote 0

Dusky Mouse

Sep 25, 2013
Adelaide S.Australia
✟2,598.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Knowledge of the definition of indentured servant should assist in that understanding. :) At least it is my hope. As is realizing that slaves do not have jobs. They never have. Those now in the sex slave industry know this. Blacks who were slaves in America's early history knew that. They also weren't paid for their labors because they were enslaved to an owner.

I'm thinking the groups that purport the false teaching that the American employee is a slave are profiting nicely in speaker fees so as to promote the falsehood. While those paying the ticket prices, or for the books, or that peruse such anti-government,and government flagged websites, aren't educated in even the basics of economics or business.

Now, if we could please not permit those who would like to derail this thread from the original discussion/debate topic from continuing in that venture and instead get back to the actual OP topic that would be lovely. :groupray:

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I agree, slavery in the bible was about working for a living. One has to understand that in that culture (at that time,) animals, crops, precious metals, wood, threads/clothes, and weapons/industrial metals were considered currency. Not everyone was born into a family like Job that had 7000 cattle of each kind, nor did everyone necessarily have cattle currency. Not everyone precious metal caches, trade skills to make things out of metals/wood, [fine] fabrics, or [supreme].

So, in order to make money, some people had to work for wages - whether that be room and board, a [monetary number of] cattle, a mass of crops, fine linen, weapons and metals, or precious metals. The word "slave" is not mentioned ANYWHERE in the bible. The word in the bible that would be close to "slave" is "bondman, or bondmaid," which translates to "ebed, or shiphchah" respectively. The only place "slave" is used is in Jeremiah 2:14, but the word is an "implied" addition for contextual continuity - but Jeremiah previously used "servent," which translates to "ebed" in Hebrew. Slavery is an entity of oppression that came much later in history - when people ignored the details of how to treat a bondman/bondwoman. Moreover, slavery became an "entitlement" for people who set themselves so much higher than other humans that they felt that their "slaves" were their "property." Slavery is pure evil - and it is in no way comparable to Hebrew bondage. Slavery in its evil form has existed since Egypt and the Exodus, but Hebrew bondage is nowhere near comparable to the dispicable neferious actions of slavery. So, it is always funny when people use "biblical slavery" to give negative account about the OT, Christianity or anything else - especially given that SLAVERY is found nowhere in the bible. Slave is found in Jeremiah 2:14 as a added non-original word, and slaves is found in Revelation 18:13, and it is "soma" in Greek, which means "body in a very wide sense of the word."

Hebrew bondage = modern employment. Are you in bondage if you are born into money, and do not have to work to pay for food, housing, cars, essential needs and even wants? No; you are a free man. Are you in bondage if you have no debts, and you live off of the grid, with all of your assets paid for, and you do not have to work to get your essentials? No, you are a free man.

Are you in bondage if you have debts like rent, loans, credit card bills, bank payments, car payments - and you must work for someone else in order to receive wages to pay these debts and get your necessities? Absolutely. It may be hard to swallow, but anyone with a debt (not the unlawful debt of things like T.A.R.P. and AHCA,) and/or anyone that must work for wages to receive their necessities are bondmen or bondwomen. Slavery - like imperialism, American and European slavery - is something completely evil, and nothing like what God meant for bondmen in the days of the Hebrews. There were rules set up on how to treat bondmen - and even mercies. One of those mercies (Year of Jubilee) is something American Bankruptcy laws [used to] use - your debt is forgiven after of seven years of attempted payment, but without fully paying the debt.

Upvote 0

Yoseft

Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
United States
✟11,811.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
It is plainly in the Word.

Please read and reread Romans Chapter One with an open prayerful heart.

That means 1st, to those that see nothing wrong, honestly pray to the Father

Father show me your will, Oh King of the Universe, give me insight.

Really mean it, and have a heart that is willing to change if you are wrong.

Read Romans chapter 1 over and over again for a month.

May His Spirit guide you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dusky Mouse

Sep 25, 2013
Adelaide S.Australia
✟2,598.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Romans 1 on Homosexuality (Stand to Reason)

D. Condemnation of homosexuality in the New Testament:
This text is a crystal clear condemnation of homosexuality in the New Testament by the Apostle Paul right in the middle of his most brilliant discourse on general revelation (i.e., he's not speaking to a localized aberration of pedophilia or temple prostitution of "Mediterranean life in the capital of Graeco-Roman culture")!

1. Here are the specific words Paul uses to describe this behavior:
    1. An impurity and dishonoring to the body (v24)
    2. A degrading passion that's unnatural (v29)
    3. An indecent act and an error (v27)
    4. Not proper and the product of a depraved mind (v28)
  2. There's only one way this can be missed: if you're in total rebellion.
    1. According to Paul, homosexual behavior is evidence of active, persistent rebellion against God.
    2. According to v32, it's rooted in direct, willful, aggressive rebellion against God--true of any "Christian" defending his homosexuality.
  3. "But I'm seeking God." No, according to Paul you're rejecting Him and instead are obeying your deeper rebellion.
  4. God's conclusion: there's "no excuse" (2 verses).
E. Does this apply to all homosexuals?

1. 1. What if one's "natural" desire is for the same sex (co-called constitutional homosexuality)?
  2. There are five different reasons this is a bad argument. The first four are good; the fifth is unassailable.
    1. The court is still out on scientific evidence.
    2. The "genetic" argument is a non-argument because it commits the naturalistic fallacy, i.e., you can't get an "ought" from an "is."
      1. Many laws exist to keep you from doing what comes naturally.
      2. Paul is addressing this on a moral level, not a physiological level.
    3. This interpretation introduces a whole new concept that is entirely foreign to the text.
      1. If Paul did not understand genuine homosexuality, then how can one say that he excepted constitutional homosexuals when he wrote they "exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural"? This argument, therefore, self-destructs.
      2. Paul would also note that some men burned unnaturally towards women, & vice versa if his interest was only in violating whatever sexual orientation one was born with.
    4. Creates another problem: if all who have a desire for the same sex do so "naturally," then who does this verse apply to? If everybody is only following their "natural" sexual desires, then to whom is Paul speaking?
    5. None of these previous arguments are even needed because Paul was not unclear about what he meant by "natural."
      1. 1:26-27 "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another..."
        1. "Function" (#5540) v 26&27 kreesis, is used only these two times in NT but is frequently used in other literature of the time.
        2. According to Bauer, Arndt and Gingrich (BAG), A Greek/English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature (University of Chicago Press), the definitive Greek language standard reference work, the word means "use, relations, function, especially of sexual intercourse."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When did the Catholic church condone gay marriage?

What does the Catholic church have to do with the marriage of non Catholics? Gays cant get married in a Catholic ceremony, neither can Hindus. That doesn't mean Hindus shouldn't be allowed to get married at all though.

Upvote 0

Yoseft

Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
United States
✟11,811.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
"Natural" doesn't mean n Romans 1 what it means today.

At most passages like that are just about Anal Sex, but I doubt even that, their focused on a form of Ritual Prostitution, Paul some some very specific Greek economic terms.

Sigh...

May He, the One you and I must account to, give you revelation
to His Word, and may we both yield to His answer.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sigh...

May He, the One you and I must account to, give you revelation
to His Word, and may we both yield to His answer.

Of course, he COULD say the same thing to you. He is probably as sure as you are that he is right and you are mistaken.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Indentured servitude is still active today you may not think so...but it is. It's all in how you look at it. Most everyone works 2-3 weeks before they get paid.

When a person owns their own business, they're slaves to their customers.

It's all in how you look at it....but it's simply slavery with a better taste.

Upvote 0