Why didn't the Bible prophesy the riseof Homosexuality Spirit within the Church?

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because it's not a "rise." The world Paul preached to was already just like that, as shown by Romans 1.

And it it's not particularly useful to specify "homosexuality spirit." It's a "spirit" (if you will) of "man enslaved to his own lusts"--which can and has manifested itself more strongly in different ways than others over time.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And today the behavior is much more overt and not hidden

Much more overt than when?
Certainly in Caligula's time it was far more overt and not hidden than even today.

Upvote 0
T

Time Watcher

You mention one and we can know of a few others by report

.... has always been a conditional factor of lost humanity .... but hidden because of social and cultural rejection

This perversion is openly practiced every where today .... accepted, even promoted

And the practice is rampant and growing

And when this happens the influence increases exponentially by transfer

This is not a "birth defect", but is a mental choice made by those who engage

Upvote 0

Dusky Mouse

Cats Are In Charge ~ Accept It!
Sep 25, 2013
Adelaide S.Australia
✟2,598.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Nothing has changed with this matter

And today the behavior is much more overt and not hidden
It only seems that way in contemporary modern society due to the laws that are giving permission to all manner of immoral behaviors.
In ancient Greece and Rome, as just two examples, deviant sex acts were commonplace and very public. inappropriate behavior with animals, sex with children who were very often temple prostitutes, homosexuality, cross dressing.
The emperor Caligula was a pervert. As were many Roman emperors.

Any thoughts?
Sure, read your Bible. Sexual immorality and the sexually immoral, the fornicators, are all warned they will not see the kingdom of God. Those scriptures don't have an expiration date. They applied from the time they were given voice in the oral tradition of the early Christians and they remain truth until the end of the world.

The scripture forewarns of the liberal christian heresy that is occurring in the world today. And they are damned for it according to God's warning so that they be not surprised at the judgment.
Revelation 22:18-19
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Timothy 4:3-6&version=ESV;NIV2 Timothy 4:3-6 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, 4 and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. 5 As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

Galatians 1:8-9 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Much more overt than when?
Certainly in Caligula's time it was far more overt and not hidden than even today.

There were some critical differences, though. It's hard to tell how common it really was. We can't judge by the antics of the extremely wealthy and powerful--stuff the emperor did was no more common in that society than the stuff we see on the covers of celebrity magazines are common in society today. It gets recorded and reaches historical record because it's uncommon.

In the 1st century, homosexuality may have been common, however the idea of homosexual marriage definitely and provably was not.

Particularly, the concept of "dominant" and "passive" were a firm fixture of their homosexual practice. Roman soldiers, for instance, were permitted to practice homosexuality as the dominant partner, but not as the passive partner. A Roman soldier found to have been "passive" in a homosexual coupling would be executed.

There is a famous recounting, for instance, of a young Roman officer (probably still a teenager) who was strongly pursued by a Roman senior officer. The younger man resisted and finally stabbed the senior officer to death. In an ordinary case, this would have resulted in the conviction and execution of the younger officer, but in this case, the other officers were aware of the situation, so the younger officer was absolved of guilt.

The same kind of attitude was prevalent in civilian life as well--a man known to take the "passive" role was not considered a full male citizen and was shut out of functions such as holding office. It was a crime for an older male to have sexual intercourse with a freeborn male youth because that would cut him off from the citizenship priviledges of being a freeborn male.

This doesn't mean that such a man would not gain social celebrity and even wealth--but it would similar to the status of the owner of a popular brothel in more modern times.

Marriages in Roman society were for the purposes of building legacies, status, and political and economic power. Therefore, a homosexual marriage would not be considered, except as a farcical dallience of someone who already had all the power (such as an emperor) and even then it had to be kept discreet...even emperors wound up dead if they went too far.

Upvote 0

MithrandirOlorin888

Sep 20, 2013
✟7,786.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible does not blanketly condemn homosexuality. Leviticus and Paul where refering to specific Pagan Goddess Worship related rituals. And the Sin of Sodom was in-hospitality, as any actual Jewish scholars will tell you, and is confirmed Biblical by both Ezekiel and Yeshua.

Whatever you think those verses are condemning however, the fixation so many Modern Christians addressed so rarely I find really annoying.

I have an entire Study I've done on this subject, but I don't I'm allowed to post Links yet.

Upvote 0

denim

Nov 4, 2012
✟15,730.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Because it's not a "rise." The world Paul preached to was already just like that, as shown by Romans 1.

And it it's not particularly useful to specify "homosexuality spirit." It's a "spirit" (if you will) of "man enslaved to his own lusts"--which can and has manifested itself more strongly in different ways than others over time.

The situation today is totally different from during Paul's time. Today gay righters are politically pressuring the church to openly condone gay priests, pastors and gay church marriages all in the name of brotherhood 'love' and inclusiveness and ridiculing and condemning those who do not share their perversion.

This spirit had tainted and will ultimately destroy the church and cause many to be disillusioned with Christianity.

Personally, I wouldn't have embraced Jesus from my former Buddhist faith presently , after reading so much about openly gay Christians and pastors.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The situation today is totally different from during Paul's time. Today gay righters are politically pressuring the church to openly condone gay priests, pastors and gay church marriages all in the name of brotherhood 'love' and inclusiveness and ridiculing and condemning those who do not share their perversion.

Well, by that token the "total difference" of the situation is that homosexuals are now pushing for the right to "come out"--which they already had in Paul's time.

This spirit had tainted and will ultimately destroy the church and cause many to be disillusioned with Christianity.

Is that a prophesy from you? Are you actually predicting the destruction of the Church by homosexuality?

I don't believe Jesus is losing sleep. You've read the end of the book, right?

Upvote 0

MithrandirOlorin888

Sep 20, 2013
✟7,786.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Personally, I wouldn't have embraced Jesus from my former Buddhist faith presently , after reading so much about openly gay Christians and pastors.
Yeah, that's what will destroy the Church, not Evolution, and or various apostasies on the Doctrine of Salvation by faith alone. I'ts letting Gay people in that will destroy the Church.:o

Upvote 0

denim

Nov 4, 2012
✟15,730.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Is that a prophesy from you? Are you actually predicting the destruction of the Church by homosexuality?

What I am saying is the church and Christianity would be looked down upon by non-Christians an be a religion of ridicule and many believers would desert 'tainted' churches.

Upvote 0

denim

Nov 4, 2012
✟15,730.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Yeah, that's what will destroy the Church, not Evolution, and or various apostasies on the Doctrine of Salvation by faith alone. I'ts letting Gay people in that will destroy the Church.:o

I think the gay agenda is more than just 'letting gay people in'. They are demanding Christians to accept this way of life as not contrary to the teaching of the bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Any thoughts?
Maybe because one sin is as bad as another. Let's face it, most folks who think that homosexuality is the Ultimate Sin are folks who have never been tempted toward it and never will be. It's a matter of decrying the 2X4 in the other guy's eye and ignoring the lumber in one's own. "Oh, yeah, his sins are a lot worse than mine...". Yeah, right.

Upvote 0

denim

Nov 4, 2012
✟15,730.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Maybe because one sin is as bad as another. Let's face it, most folks who think that homosexuality is the Ultimate Sin are folks who have never been tempted toward it and never will be. It's a matter of decrying the 2X4 in the other guy's eye and ignoring the lumber in one's own. "Oh, yeah, his sins are a lot worse than mine...". Yeah, right.

No sin has pressured the church so much as the gay agenda. Laws are being enacted to force the church and the public(Christians included) to comply.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No sin has pressured the church so much as the gay agenda. Laws are being enacted to force the church and the public(Christians included) to comply.

You should spend some time studying the church in the American south and its defense of chattel slavery.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Any thoughts?
It does speak about it.
2 Timothy 3:2-6 (KJV)
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, truce breakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away

Upvote 0