Why didn't the Bible prophesy the riseof Homosexuality Spirit within the Church?

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 24:12
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

Luke 17:28-30
Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built; 29 but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.

Genesis 19
4 Now before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both old and young, all the people from every quarter, surrounded the house. 5 And they called to Lot and said to him, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may know them carnally.”

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 24:12
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

Luke 17:28-30
Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built; 29 but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.

Genesis 19
4 Now before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both old and young, all the people from every quarter, surrounded the house. 5 And they called to Lot and said to him, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may know them carnally.”
Yep, its the homosexuality in Sodom that was the problem. Not, you know, the rape, or anything.

Upvote 0

Lollerskates

May 2, 2013
✟4,340.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Any thoughts?

Probably because homosexuality isn't any more or less of a priority as adulterer spirits, lying spirits, lukewarm spirits, hateful/vengeful spirits, etc. These are all incredibly dangerous. But, you know what Christ did spend a bunch of time on?

Trying to destroy "the establishment/machine," trying to remove the pharisee hypocrites, and trying to get people to understand their own authority as a believer in Him - and what they can do. No more is it the Temple culture in which we go to the Rabbi and depend on him to trickle blessings. Christ destroyed the mote between lands, and we can all now boldly approach the Throne of God - in full confidence that if we confess our sin, He will forgive us, and relate to us.

I personally think the charlatan preachers that don't teach the word, those that require actual money for tithes, and those that think Church is a show are much more dangerous than a homosexual, or even a murderer. At least, if a homosexual, liar, and/or murderer had proper leadership, s/he could repent and come to God. But, with so much hate and hypocrisy, we should be weeping for sinners. Where are the people to walk with them, and honestly/truthfully and loving teach them the word as Christ did? Who will try to understand a murderer, rapist, liar, adulterer, homosexual, gossiper, etc., instead of shunning them as if they are plagued? The church is in serious trouble because there is a culture of qualifying the intensity of sin. White lies are still lies, and will still get you in hell as quick as a murderer, or homosexual, or adulterer. It is very sad; the bible prophesied the importance of love because God/Christ/disciples/prophets knew that in the last days people would become so hateful and mean that love needed to be cultivated as early as possible.

I once had a friend (whom I asked for a ride in college) tell me that she didn't think that I would want to ride in her car because she was atheist. My heart sunk - even at that young age. What is the Church doing? What are we doing to show we are loving?

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yep, its the homosexuality in Sodom that was the problem. Not, you know, the rape, or anything.
I see a difference between that and a homosexual couple, but who knows what's next?
Lawlesness is not obeying His law. There were homosexuals in the chuch of Corinth who got saved and sanctified. Now it's a sin to even say it's a sin.

They wanted to have sex with angels by the way and in the days of Noah the angels had sex with women.
So it was a lot worse, but a lot of homosexuals are homosexual because they were raped or abused as a child and I see a 12 year old kid watching inappropriate content also as a form of abuse.

Upvote 0

denim

Nov 4, 2012
✟15,730.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Homosexuality isn't a Sin.

Of course it is a sin. The bible is very clear on this both in the OT as well as in the NT. The bible tells us :

1. Homosexuality is an abomination.

"You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."(Lev 18:22)

2. Those who practised Homosexuality shall be put to death in OT.

"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them." ( Lev 20:13)

3. Homosexuality is the result of exchanging God's truth for a lie and worshipping creation than God.

"They exchanged God's truth for a lie and worshipped and served the creation rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason, God delivered them to degrading passions as their females exchanged their natural sexual function for one that is unnatural. In the same way, their males also abandoned their natural sexual function toward females and burned with lust toward one another."
(1 Rom :25-26)

4. Homosexuals will receive the appropriate penalty for their sin.

Males committed indecent acts with males, and received within themselves the appropriate penalty for their perversion."
(Romans 1:25-27)

5. Homosexuals ( and a bunch of other sinners ) should stop deceiving themselves. They will not inherit the kingdom of God.

"You know that wicked people will not inherit the kingdom of God, don't you? Stop deceiving yourselves! Sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals, thieves, greedy people, drunks, slanderers, and robbers will not inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Cor 6 :9)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

denim

Nov 4, 2012
✟15,730.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You should spend some time studying the church in the American south and its defense of chattel slavery.

Slavery is not a sin but permitted under certain conditions. There are many biblical verses (both in the OT and NT) supporting biblical slavery. However maltreatment of slaves is a sin.

1. Both Hebrew and foreign slaves may be purchased and owned. Foreign slaves are treated like one's property but not Hebrews.

"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land.You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way."(Leviticus 25:44-46 )

2. Hebrew slaves must be set free on the seventh year. He can be belonged to his master forever if he chooses to.

"If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free. If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl.After that, the slave will belong to his master forever." (Exodus 21:2-6 )

3. Hebrew slaves cannot be sold to foreigners. A slave ceases to be one when the master marries her himself or to his son.

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment." (Exodus 21:7-11)

4. A slave may be beaten but not killed.

"The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it." (Luke 12:47-48 )

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." (Exodus 21:20-21)

5. Slaves are to obey their masters.

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." (Ephesians 6:5 )

6. Christian slaves should respect their masters for the sake of God.

"Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts.Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them."(1 Timothy 6:1-2)

These are probably shocking verses by today's standards but they are from the bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Slavery is not a sin but permitted under certain conditions. There are many biblical verses supporting biblical slavery. However maltreatment of slaves is a sin.

"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land.You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way."(Leviticus 25:44-46 )

"If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free. If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl.After that, the slave will belong to his master forever." (Exodus 21:2-6 )

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment." (Exodus 21:7-11)

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." (Exodus 21:20-21)

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." (Ephesians 6:5 )

"Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts.Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them."(1 Timothy 6:1-2)

"The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it." (Luke 12:47-48 )

These are probably shocking verses by today's standards but they are from the bible.
Yes...but they recognize the reality of life. Whether you like it or not slavery still exist...it's called "employment".

People in the OT sold themselves as slaves to provide for their families. When you fill out an application for employment you're becoming a slave.

When you open a business you're a slave to your customers.

I know this is shocking...but that's what we do today...we call slavery employment. Don't work and see if you eat.

Upvote 0

Dusky Mouse

Cats Are In Charge ~ Accept It!
Sep 25, 2013
Adelaide S.Australia
✟2,598.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible does not blanketly condemn homosexuality. Leviticus and Paul where refering to specific Pagan Goddess Worship related rituals. And the Sin of Sodom was in-hospitality, as any actual Jewish scholars will tell you, and is confirmed Biblical by both Ezekiel and Yeshua.

Whatever you think those verses are condemning however, the fixation so many Modern Christians addressed so rarely I find really annoying.

I have an entire Study I've done on this subject, but I don't I'm allowed to post Links yet.
If your argument is based on that there is no reference to homosexuality in scripture then that is correct.

If your argument is that the Bible does not condemn immoral perverse sex acts then you are wrong.

You can also not provide any scripture wherein homosexuality, or men laying with men, is approved or condoned by Gods word.

While those scriptures relating to condemnation of vile affections abound in both the old and new testaments.
Temple prostitution is often used by gay sex advocates who claim the Leviticus verses aren't speaking to gay sex but to prostitution in the temple brothels of the pagans. Pagan prostitution,like that of Caligula previously mentioned, included gay sex acts. Not even children were exempt from the vile fornicators of that age and their behaviors were sin and condemned in scriptures as well.

Arguing that homosexuality, meaning gay sex, is not a sin is something that can never be supported by scripture.

Temple prostitutes were sinners who engaged in all manner of deviant sex acts including homosexuality. So claiming Leviticus isn't condemning homosexuality but prostitution among pagans is dishonest.

Romans 1:26-27

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dusky Mouse

Cats Are In Charge ~ Accept It!
Sep 25, 2013
Adelaide S.Australia
✟2,598.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes...but they recognize the reality of life. Whether you like it or not slavery still exist...it's called "employment".

People in the OT sold themselves as slaves to provide for their families. When you fill out an application for employment you're becoming a slave.

When you open a business you're a slave to your customers.

I know this is shocking...but that's what we do today...we call slavery employment. Don't work and see if you eat.
You're a slave to the need to eat. To keep a roof over your head and clothes on your back. You are not a slave when you are employed.
How do we know this?
Because in the age of slavery in the U.S. the slaves who did exist and labor could not leave their job when they wanted to. They couldn't elect to be enslaved to more than one master by their free choice. They were beaten rather than paid overtime. They were murdered because they were considered like unto animals and with no soul.

That was the meaning of slave!
And that was the condition of slavery.

If you're a slave in your country you should leave there and legally immigrate to America where you can be free to work, or to start your own business and have a promising future while pursuing an occupation.

We have a 13th amendment that emancipated the slaves. It's a good example for anyone in any country to aspire to. :)

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You're a slave to the need to eat. To keep a roof over your head and clothes on your back. You are not a slave when you are employed.
How do we know this?
Because in the age of slavery in the U.S. the slaves who did exist and labor could not leave their job when they wanted to. They couldn't elect to be enslaved to more than one master by their free choice. They were beaten rather than paid overtime. They were murdered because they were considered like unto animals and with no soul.

That was the meaning of slave!
And that was the condition of slavery.

If you're a slave in your country you should leave there and legally immigrate to America where you can be free to work, or to start your own business and have a promising future while pursuing an occupation.

We have a 13th amendment that emancipated the slaves. It's a good example for anyone in any country to aspire to. :)
It's a form of indentured servitude. You're a slave. You sell your self to provide a service to your employer.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Slavery is not a sin but permitted under certain conditions. There are many biblical verses (both in the OT and NT) supporting biblical slavery. However maltreatment of slaves is a sin..

I'm sorry you didn't read what I wrote.

I said study the history of American chattel slavery...which has no relation to the limited debt slavery permitted by God.

Scripture does, indeed, remove chattel slavery from permission for Christians:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7768799-3/#post64064900

Slaves in America were kidnap victims, were kept as slaves their entire lives, from generation to generation. They were beaten, raped, murdered with no consequences for the master.

Young boys were raped homosexually, young girls were raped, kept as unwilling concubines. Slave owners bred mixed-race slaves of both genders and sold them into brothels.

There is nothing done to helpless humans today that was not done to slaves then.

American chattel slavery is not permitted in scripture. It was never permitted. It was absolute evil, as are people who continue to defend it.

Reactions: Lollerskates
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

denim

Nov 4, 2012
✟15,730.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I'm sorry you didn't read what I wrote.

I said study the history of American chattel slavery...which has no relation to the limited debt slavery permitted by God.

Scripture does, indeed, remove chattel slavery from permission for Christians:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7768799-3/#post64064900

Slaves in America were kidnap victims, were kept as slaves their entire lives, from generation to generation. They were beaten, raped, murdered with no consequences for the master.

Young boys were raped homosexually, young girls were raped, kept as unwilling concubines. Slave owners bred mixed-race slaves of both genders and sold them into brothels.

There is nothing done to helpless humans today that was not done to slaves then.

American chattel slavery is not permitted in scripture. It was never permitted. It was absolute evil, as are people who continue to defend it.

Like I said, the maltreatment of slaves is a sin.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a form of indentured servitude. You're a slave. You sell your self to provide a service to your employer.

No, being employed is not indentured servitude. When you sell your labor, your employer is then obligated to pay your wage.

Being in unsecured debt is indentured servitude--your labor is obligated to the owner of that debt. The owner of the debt can then sell your labor to anyone else, then that person owns your labor.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, being employed is not indentured servitude. When you sell your labor, your employer is then obligated to pay your wage.

Being in unsecured debt is indentured servitude--your labor is obligated to the owner of that debt. The owner of the debt can then sell your labor to anyone else, then that person owns your labor.
You can try to tap dance this any way you wish but the reality of that time was people were employed that way. A man would sell himself as a servant to provide for his family.

In this day and time words are used that simply mean slavery. Currency was not used in that time as it is today so a slave was housed and fed by their masters.

When you get through...we sell ourselves for service. The only difference is we are paid in currency. You will do as your employer has hired you to do or you have no job. Calling it employment is simply a palatable way of being a slave.

That's the bottom line.

Upvote 0