ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This "dogma was hatched" when God said what to eat and not eat. Meats are clean - but as non-food (defined by God), pigs are not meat otherwise you would have to consider cats and dogs to be meat as well.

It was not until the roman take over of the church that eating pig and violating Shabbat (actually moving it to sunday) was acceptable to the "church"

God said to not eat pork or shellfish (along with other animals) so where exactly does the New Testament declare pigs to be meat and give the approval to eat them? If Messiah Yeshua taught this, He would have been declared a heretic and yet even the priests could find no fault with Him. If He taught against God's commandments, it would have been brought up during His trial. This shows the leaders He was talking about during the hand washing passage knew He was not saying it was okay to commit an abomination and eat pig.

It's a combination of all the Bible. After the flood God said all thing that moved could be food for people. In the time of the Israelites he gave them clean/unclean laws mostly to set them apart from other nations. After Jesus's initiation of a new covenant, the clean/unclean rules are no longer in effect.

It's all right there in the Bible as plain as day. Only a whole lot of hopeful explaining away can attempt to say anything remotely different.

Upvote 0

ghendricks63

Feb 25, 2011
✟1,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a combination of all the Bible. After the flood God said all thing that moved could be food for people. In the time of the Israelites he gave them clean/unclean laws mostly to set them apart from other nations. After Jesus's initiation of a new covenant, the clean/unclean rules are no longer in effect.

It's all right there in the Bible as plain as day. Only a whole lot of hopeful explaining away can say anything remotely different.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

INTJ-F

May 14, 2011
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟9,300.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

It's all right there in the Bible as plain as day. Only a whole lot of hopeful explaining away can attempt to say anything remotely different.

So your "god" changes his mind and is not "The same yesterday, today, and tomorrow" and only a whole lot of hopeful explaining can make eating pig acceptable to God.

If Yeshua taught eating pig was okay, then He was a false Messiah and would have been called out as such by the Priests. God told Noah what was clean and unclean and he knew it before the flood. Noah knew what animals could be eaten and what could not (unclean two of each and clean seven pair of each were taken)

Before the flood people knew what animals were clean / unclean. God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow and anyone - even someone that claims to be Messiah - that teaches against what God said is a false teacher.

Messiah Yeshua NEVER declared non-food animals to be meat or to be clean for eating otherwise He would have been a false Messiah and NONE of those following Him would have continued to do so - especially His Jewish followers.

Upvote 0

ghendricks63

Feb 25, 2011
✟1,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So your "god" changes his mind and is not "The same yesterday, today, and tomorrow"

Are you for real? Of course God can change His mind and has many times recorded in biblical history and none of this means His very nature has changed. And certainly it was His plan all along to replace the old covenant with the new one. It was planned, prophesied, and carried out by a very consistant God.

<insult removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

INTJ-F

May 14, 2011
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟9,300.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
This is what God says about gentiles that eat pig and shellfish:

Isaiah 65

1 I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.
2 I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;
3 A people that provoketh me to anger continually to my face; that sacrificeth in gardens, and burneth incense upon altars of brick;
4 Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments, which eat swine's flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels;
5 Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.

Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is what God says about gentiles that eat pig and shellfish:

Isaiah 65

1 I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.
2 I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;
3 A people that provoketh me to anger continually to my face; that sacrificeth in gardens, and burneth incense upon altars of brick;
4 Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments, which eat swine's flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels;
5 Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.

Wow, eating unclean meat was prohibited under the covenant given to Israel. Who denies that?

Please address my post asking for verification that Rome somehow initiated the idea that eating unclean meat was OK for Christians, and the time frame. I would really, really be interested in such "proof".

Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you for real? Of course God can change His mind and has many times recorded in biblical history and none of this means His very nature has changed. And certainly it was His plan all along to replace the old covenant with the new one. It was planned, prophesied, and carried out by a very consistant God.

<insult removed>

The truth! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

INTJ-F

May 14, 2011
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟9,300.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Wow, eating unclean meat was prohibited under the covenant given to Israel. Who denies that?
Actually this was addressed to a nation other than Israel.

<insult removed>

Messiah Yeshua called sacrificing a pig on the alter the 'abomination of desolation' so f he cleaned your pork chop, why will it be an abomination during the tribulation?

Matthew 7

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Upvote 0

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And why is it those who reject God's teachings throw insults towards those who know the difference between obeying God and the bondage of the law that the rabbis placed on people?

I don't know? Why are you being insulting?

This has nothing to do with "circumcision" or "noncircumcision" It has to do with OBEYING GOD. Even Messiah Yeshua said He will reject those who refuse to obey God even if they claim to be following Him and doing His works.

Jesus did not die so you could eat pork. Nor did He come to abolish the law but to fulfill it and to make it stronger.

So you think the book of Acts should not be considered Scripture?

There are just as many men who obey God as there are women so why are bringing up "it's always the women"

I've already said this, but I said it because I've observed a pattern.

Refuse to obey God at your own risk. You have been warned and you have no excuse

I already do obey God. This is becoming silly.

Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually this was addressed to a nation other than Israel.

<insult removed>

Messiah Yeshua called sacrificing a pig on the alter the 'abomination of desolation' so f he cleaned your pork chop, why will it be an abomination during the tribulation?

Matthew 7

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I would still like to see proof of your assertion that Rome was instrumental in "allowing" Christians to eat unclean meat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
INTJ-F;57500435 It was not until the roman take over of the church that eating pig and violating Shabbat (actually moving it to sunday) was acceptable to the "church" [/quote said:
Can you give me any evidence or proof for your assertion, or is this just Catholic bashing without basis?

Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would still like to see proof of your assertion that Rome was instrumental in "allowing" Christians to eat unclean meat.

It is clear to me that the early Christians were allowed to eat any meat they chose too. I have yet to read of any great apostacy away from eating clean foods at a later time in Christian history, as some suggest.

Feel free to enlighten me, as I surely don't know it all and have not really studied the matter deeply firsthand.

Were there any prominent Christian groups, before the last 150 years or, so that taught this idea of abstaining from foods God has declared clean?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Although we are allowed to eat pork, I've been receiving strong convictions from the Holy Spirit not to do it. Everything is allowed (except that explicitly forbidden), but not everything is spiritually profitable.

Hello, my name Boris, I live Australia now but bfor was in Ruussia. Recently I become Christian (born agin) and I try to understand all things in Bible. My family never practice any religion, in Russia. So I not complete understand. My quesion is - why Chhristian not allowed eat pig? In Leviticuus 11 it say all animals like pig, kite, owl, moth 'detestable' which in my dictionary mean bad. SO: why god allow us to eat grasshoppr but not moth and pig? I like eating pig bvery much.

Thank you

Upvote 0

INTJ-F

May 14, 2011
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟9,300.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Although we are allowed to eat pork, I've been receiving strong convictions from the Holy Spirit not to do it. Everything is allowed (
except that explicitly forbidden), but not everything is spiritually profitable.
Eating pork is explicitly forbidden and we are NOT to eat it. The Holy Spirit is dealing with you because eating pork is an abomination to God.

Deuteronomy 14

Do not eat any detestable thing. 4 These are the animals you may eat: the ox, the sheep, the goat, 5 the deer, the gazelle, the roe deer, the wild goat, the ibex, the antelope and the mountain sheep. 6 You may eat any animal that has a divided hoof and that chews the cud. 7 However, of those that chew the cud or that have a divided hoof you may not eat the camel, the rabbit or the hyrax. Although they chew the cud, they do not have a divided hoof; they are ceremonially unclean for you. 8 The pig is also unclean; although it has a divided hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses.

Isaiah 65
was written to the gentile nations:

1I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.

Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Although we are allowed to eat pork, I've been receiving strong convictions from the Holy Spirit not to do it. Everything is allowed (except that explicitly forbidden), but not everything is spiritually profitable.

I would encourage you to follow your convictions.

Just remember the Christian theologians and writers of basically all time have eaten pork, such as (off the top of my head) Luther, Calvin, Milton, Edwards, Wesley, Bonhoeffer, Lewis, Graham, and countless others.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, I'm listening brother. This isn't a hard one for me because I rarely eat pork anyway. But, if that is true then I am confused.. Isn't this part of the law of moses? Clearly Christians do not follow the old law, nor do we follow the Sabbath. Where is the dividing line here? What parts of the old law must we follow and which can we ignore?

Eating pork is explicitly forbidden and we are NOT to eat it. The Holy Spirit is dealing with you because eating pork is an abomination to God.

Deuteronomy 14

3 Do not eat any detestable thing. 4 These are the animals you may eat: the ox, the sheep, the goat, 5 the deer, the gazelle, the roe deer, the wild goat, the ibex, the antelope and the mountain sheep. 6 You may eat any animal that has a divided hoof and that chews the cud. 7 However, of those that chew the cud or that have a divided hoof you may not eat the camel, the rabbit or the hyrax. Although they chew the cud, they do not have a divided hoof; they are ceremonially unclean for you. 8 The pig is also unclean; although it has a divided hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses.

Isaiah 65 was written to the gentile nations:

1I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.

Upvote 0