Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello, my name Boris, I live Australia now but bfor was in Ruussia. Recently I become Christian (born agin) and I try to understand all things in Bible. My family never practice any religion, in Russia. So I not complete understand. My quesion is - why Chhristian not allowed eat pig? In Leviticuus 11 it say all animals like pig, kite, owl, moth 'detestable' which in my dictionary mean bad. SO: why god allow us to eat grasshoppr but not moth and pig? I like eating pig bvery much.

Thank you
What religion did you belong to before converting to Jesus?
Here is the Muslim's view of why they do not eat pork :wave:

http://www.christianforums.com/t2885502-44/#post23233639
Why Christians do eat pork despite its...

Upvote 0

Nikich103

May 28, 2010
✟7,621.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Это закон Моисея данный Израильскому народу... Когда Христос умер он упразднил закон и теперь верующие не подчиняются закону но Иисусу Христу

Upvote 0

JayBiggS

Apr 12, 2010
Canada
✟8,435.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It makes absolutely no sense to me that something GOD ALMIGHTY declares unclean and an abomination to Him would somehow be considered clean after the death and resurrection of Jesus...were pigs and the like cleansed somehow? Did God change his mind?

How is that logical? These are few things God declared an abomination in the bible:

-the abomination that causes desolation
-the abomination of the Moabites, Zidonians, Ammonites
-unjust men are an abomination to the righteous, and the righteous are an abomination to the wicked
-unclean animals
-A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight.
-Judah hath dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah hath profaned the holiness of the LORD which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god.
-The graven images of their gods shall ye burn with fire: thou shalt not desire the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it unto thee, lest thou be snared therein: for it is an abomination to the LORD thy God
-the devious person is an abomination to the LORD,
but the upright are in his confidence.
-Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the
LORD; be assured, he will not go unpunished.
-If one turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination
-The way of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD,
but he loves him who pursues righteousness.
-Lying lips are an abomination to the LORD, but those
who act faithfully are his delight

And much, much more!

So seeing that unclean animals are among these things which are called an abomination, which of these are no longer a problem? Or is it just pork and lobster?

Maybe I'm wrong, I am always open to the other views. However logic tells me we arent allowed to eat unclean animals. I know, you dont want to give it up. But if you wont give up bacon and popcorn shrimp, what WILL you purge from your life that is against God's command? This, in my mind is one of the easy ones to quit.

May God Almighty bless you all!

Upvote 0

KM Richards

Jan 30, 2010
I'm right here!
✟1,233.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
why Chhristian not allowed eat pig?

You could if you wanted to...but it's bad for your body.

It's more of a question of getting good nutrition for your body.
God said not to eat certain things because they aren't good for you.

Find medical studies on eating the things God said not to and you'll find that they are finding out why God said to not eat these things.

But, if you do...and you give thanks for it...you have not sinned.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You could if you wanted to...but it's bad for your body.

Find medical studies on eating the things God said not to and you'll find that they are finding out why God said to not eat these things.

Burden of proof is on you....

Upvote 0

KM Richards

Jan 30, 2010
I'm right here!
✟1,233.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Burden of proof is on you....

I don't believe it's necessarily a sin to eat swine, so pork up!

I'm going to pass and eat some fish, or maybe some turkey.
Something light from a good source.

Here's an interesting article on the subject by a medical doctor...
http://www.giveshare.org/Health/porkeatdanger.html

Here's another...
http://www.ensignmessage.com/archives/porkfacts.html

Here's another...
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/935861/reasons_why_you_shouldnt_eat_pork.html

Hey, if you like pigs...would you eat a buzzard (vulture)?
If not, why not?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

PORK -- OR THE DANGERS OF PORK EATING EXPOSED

From the 19th century, who also happens to be a Seventh-Day Adventist, and the source isn't peer-reviewed.

Hey, if you like pigs...would you eat a buzzard (vulture)?
If not, why not?

Yes.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hello, my name Boris, I live Australia now but bfor was in Ruussia. Recently I become Christian (born agin) and I try to understand all things in Bible. My family never practice any religion, in Russia. So I not complete understand. My quesion is - why Chhristian not allowed eat pig? In Leviticuus 11 it say all animals like pig, kite, owl, moth 'detestable' which in my dictionary mean bad. SO: why god allow us to eat grasshoppr but not moth and pig? I like eating pig bvery much.

Thank you

You may have pork(pig).

Galatians 2
11But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

12For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

13And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

14But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

PORK -- OR THE DANGERS OF PORK EATING EXPOSED

From the 19th century, who also happens to be a Seventh-Day Adventist, and the source isn't peer-reviewed.

Yes, and Kellogg's instructions about diet were intended to reduce sexual urges. Kellogg and other 19th-century health reformers believed in the concept of "vital force," which they thought was depleted by frequent sex, even within marriage. Kellogg is not a credible source for medical or health counsel. Check out his book Plain Facts for Old and Young to see for yourself his bizarre teachings about diet and sex.

Upvote 0

dontwo

Sep 15, 2010
✟15,115.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Often, once I have had my say, I will drop it when I see others discounting what is written in the Bible, because my thoughts are that the writers have made up their minds and saying anything to them will not change anything -- it is then up to the Almighty to speak to them. I was going to do that here, but . . .

I have decided to make an exception. :D

First of all, I will reiterate the following:

You and I both know that Paul was the main writer in the latter Scriptures. The leaders made sure, in Acts, that he was following Torah, and sanctioned his proving that he followed Torah through doing the Nazerite vow, which is followed by a sacrifice in the Tample. The leaders also sanctioned his doing the oath with some young men, paying for their sacrifice procedure at the Temple. Shall we discount Paul and what he wrote, because he and the elders had misunderstood and was wrong about keeping Torah -- and about leading these poor young men astray through supporting their vow and the sacrifice? Or should we throw out what Paul and the elders wrote in the same manner that many have thrown out the "old testament," except for Psalms, Proverbs, and the stories. Shall we distill the Scrtiptures down to these and the Gospels and maybe Revelation?

The Scriptures are clear that we are also not to eat blood. That is easy for anyone who is interested to find and follow.

You may have eaten pig, snake, and shark all your life, and you continue to live, but that means nothing. Whether or not one takes what is written in the Bible seriously is all that means anything in this subject.

Many use Romans 14 as an excuse to eat pork and other forbidden foods, but the fact is that this Scripture was written by people who would not even think of unkosher stuff as food, and it was written to people who understood that, who lived by it, whose main concern was whether the kosher animals had been offered to idols.

Do you understand what fulfill meant when He said He same to fulfill all the Torah and the Prophets? You are going to give it the meaning that you prefer, I know, the the plain meaning is that He came to do all that was in the Torah and the Prophets. He goes on to say that anyone who teaches against the Torah will be called least in the kingdom of heaven. Is being called least all you aspire to? Is this enough for you? This is Scripture -- in Matthew! -- so I guess we have to throw that out also.

Okay! Let's all get out our penknives and start cutting. Take out all the Scriptures that you don't agree with, that you think are obsolete. What's left? Get a tiny three-ring binder, put the holes in the proper places on the pages that are left, and put them in the binder. You don't need the rest of that book -- it's too heavy for you.

May Heaven help us!
Matthew 15:11

[SIZE=+0]11[/SIZE]Not that which goes into the mouth defiles a man; but that which comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dontwo

Sep 15, 2010
✟15,115.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status

Thank you

[SIZE=+0]11[/SIZE]Not that which goes into the mouth defiles a man; but that which comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man

Upvote 0

janwoG

My heart leads me to Messianic Judaism
Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Thailand
✟26,446.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Shahzman, dear Unkern,
Yeshua declared that the son of men is master of the Shabat. That means that He is God since God alone is master of the Shabat. To underline this he made miracles of love to many wounded people. That means the Shabat is sanctified by acts of good deeds. There is even more to the Shabat. When Ab has terminated his creation at the sixth day, He withdrawed into His essential Isness and Rest to comtemplate His Work. That means that Shabat is Holy and should be hallowed by all submitters to Yeshua.
Torah is God’s Word, Yeshua is the incarnation of Elohim’s Holy Word, thus Yeshua is the incarnation of the Holy Thora. In dying on the cross, He has fulfilled the promise of the Torah. What had happen? The hypostatic union of the Human nature and the Divine Nature of the Meshiach has been torn away, and the Human nature died, but not the Godly Word that cannot die.
The Apostles Paul, James, and Peter, guided by the Holy Ghost made sound alleviations for the gentiles, because the Torah was a too heavy load for them 2000 years ago. Since then, Pauline Christianity developed into a complete estrangement from its Jewish roots, which led finally to the Shoah. The Shoah is a mighty sign from the Holy Ghost, that everything has to be reassessed from what the apostles had decided 2000 years ago. It is absolutely necessary to reconnect Pauline Christianity to its Jewish roots, otherwise the Church cannot satisfy its role to be the Messianic Israel, the Kingdom of God as promised by our Meshiah.
The full Torah will still be a too heavy load for Pauline Christianity. For instance there is a Mitzvah saying that we should not be too intimate with one’s child, such as kissing, which could lead to incest. Of course, I am not prepared to renounce to give a morning kiss and night kiss to my 6 years old daughter. The legalism of the Rabbinic Judaism, will state if I break this mitzvah, I will break the whole Totah, inclusive the ten Mitzvot of Sinai. The Christian freedom allow us to use the Torah as a sanctification tool in order to keep faith alive in the Meshiah. However, we should work out what are the landmarks of the Torah who could be applied to Pauline Christianity, to reconnect Her irreversibly to her Jewish roots, and still be kept and satisfied by the Pauline Church.
To conclude, the Shoah has to compel the conscience of all Christians to definitely heal the harm that Pauline Christianity has inflicted to the kinship of Yeshua and His mother Miryam.
Dear Shahzman, dear Unkern,
Yeshua declared that the son of men is master of the Shabat. That means that His God since God alone is master of the Shabat. To underline this he made miracles of love to many wounded people. That means the Shabat is sanctified by acts of good deeds. There is even more to the Shabat. When Ab has terminated his creation at the sixth day, He withdrawed into His essential Isness and Rest to comtemplate His Work. That means that Shabat is Holy and should be hallowed by all submitters to Yeshua.
Thora is God’s Word, Yeshua is the incarnation of Elohim’s Holy Word, thus Yeshua is the incarnation of the Holy Thora. In dying on the cross, He has fulfilled the promise of the Torah. What had happen? The hypostatic union of the Human nature and the Divine Nature of the Meshiach has been torn away, and the Human nature died, but not the Godly Word that cannot die.
The Apostles Paul, James, and Peter, guided by the Holy Ghost made sound alleviations for the gentiles, because the Torah was a too heavy load for them. Since then, Pauline Christianity developed into a complete estrangement from its Jewish roots, which led finally to the Shoah. The Shoah is a mighty sign from the Holy Ghost, that everything has to be reassessed from what the apostles had decided 2000 years ago. It is absolutely necessary to reconnect Pauline Christianity to its Jewish roots, otherwise the Church cannot satisfy its role to be the Messianic Israel, the Kingdom of God as promised by our Messiah.
The full Torah will still be a too heavy load for Pauline Christianity. For instance there is a Mitzvah saying that we should not be too intimate with one’s child, such as kissing, which could lead to incest. Of course, I am not prepared to renounce to give a morning kiss and night kiss to my 6 years old daughter. The legalism of the Rabbinic Judaism, will state if I break this mitzvah, I will break the whole Totah, inclusive the ten Mitzvot of Sinai. The Christian freedom allow us to use the Torah as a sanctification tool in order to keep faith alive in the Meshiah. However, we should work out what are the landmarks of the Torah who could be applied to Pauline Christianity, to reconnect Her irreversibly to her Jewish roots, and still be kept by the Pauline Church.
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']11Not that which goes into the mouth defiles a man; but that which comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man [/FONT]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Right, however, man will be sanctified in following the Holy Word of God.[/FONT]
To conclude, the Shoah has to compel the conscience of all Christians to definitely heal the harm that Pauline Christianity has inflicted to the kinship of Yeshua and His mother Miryam.

Upvote 0

ccgems

Mar 15, 2011
✟15,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We can eat basically whatever we want. The law forbidding us to eat pig was during the law of Moses, or strictly for the Jews because the pigs were considered unclean and there was no type of refrigeration or sanitation. We are not under the law and are saved by grace, so the laws of Moses no longer apply to us as christians.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ghendricks63

Feb 25, 2011
✟1,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Often, once I have had my say, I will drop it when I see others discounting what is written in the Bible, because my thoughts are that the writers have made up their minds and saying anything to them will not change anything -- it is then up to the Almighty to speak to them. I was going to do that here, but . . .

I have decided to make an exception. :D

First of all, I will reiterate the following:

You and I both know that Paul was the main writer in the latter Scriptures. The leaders made sure, in Acts, that he was following Torah, and sanctioned his proving that he followed Torah through doing the Nazerite vow, which is followed by a sacrifice in the Tample. The leaders also sanctioned his doing the oath with some young men, paying for their sacrifice procedure at the Temple. Shall we discount Paul and what he wrote, because he and the elders had misunderstood and was wrong about keeping Torah -- and about leading these poor young men astray through supporting their vow and the sacrifice? Or should we throw out what Paul and the elders wrote in the same manner that many have thrown out the "old testament," except for Psalms, Proverbs, and the stories. Shall we distill the Scrtiptures down to these and the Gospels and maybe Revelation?

The Scriptures are clear that we are also not to eat blood. That is easy for anyone who is interested to find and follow.

You may have eaten pig, snake, and shark all your life, and you continue to live, but that means nothing. Whether or not one takes what is written in the Bible seriously is all that means anything in this subject.

Many use Romans 14 as an excuse to eat pork and other forbidden foods, but the fact is that this Scripture was written by people who would not even think of unkosher stuff as food, and it was written to people who understood that, who lived by it, whose main concern was whether the kosher animals had been offered to idols.

Do you understand what fulfill meant when He said He same to fulfill all the Torah and the Prophets? You are going to give it the meaning that you prefer, I know, the the plain meaning is that He came to do all that was in the Torah and the Prophets. He goes on to say that anyone who teaches against the Torah will be called least in the kingdom of heaven. Is being called least all you aspire to? Is this enough for you? This is Scripture -- in Matthew! -- so I guess we have to throw that out also.

Okay! Let's all get out our penknives and start cutting. Take out all the Scriptures that you don't agree with, that you think are obsolete. What's left? Get a tiny three-ring binder, put the holes in the proper places on the pages that are left, and put them in the binder. You don't need the rest of that book -- it's too heavy for you.

May Heaven help us!

You sure come up with a lot of reasons to continue to live under the law. I won't judge you for it...not my place. But to claim my choice to not live under the law is cutting out parts of the bible is to judge those of us who believe the bible says the opposite. The prohibition from judging us who live under freedom is quite clear. Your cynical condemnation is a bad way to make your point and a clear violation of scripture.

Perhaps "food" for thought??

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You sure come up with a lot of reasons to continue to live under the law. I won't judge you for it...not my place. But to claim my choice to not live under the law is cutting out parts of the bible is to judge those of us who believe the bible says the opposite. The prohibition from judging us who live under freedom is quite clear. Your cynical condemnation is a bad way to make your point and a clear violation of scripture.

Perhaps "food" for thought??
:thumbsup: :amen:

John 4:32 and he said to them, `I have food to eat that ye have not known.'
33 The disciples then said one to another, `Did any one bring him anything to eat?'
34 Jesus saith to them, `My food is, that I may do the will of Him who sent me, and may finish His work;

Blue Letter Bible - Search Results for YNG
(mind)
occurs 59 times in 56 verses in the YNG
Page 1 / 3 inexact matches (2Ki 9:15 - 1Cr 2:16)

brain-food2-300x282.jpg

Upvote 0
K

KinGjazzblue

John 4:32 isn't talking about actual food of course, its metaphoric.

I will say that recently I was introduced to the Messianic religion. No I became a Christian as an adult and still had a hard time really walking the walk. Now I am walking the walk, talking the talk but the Messianic's got me thinking. Jesus was a high Jewish priest. I would submit that in walking the path Jesus walked could not be wrong. Of course with acceptance that Jesus is the Messiah. This is the Messianic religion. Now Messianic's don't eat Pork because it is against the old law.

I used to eat pork but after reading the book "Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus" I started thinking more on the the line of what did Jesus do; and Follow that (Jesus) example. So now I am rethinking what I used to know and what I've been told and going straight to the Bible for help.

That being the case, can anyone give me one example where Jesus said the old law dose not apply now? One example where Jesus said go ahead and eat pork? Even one example where Jesus said get rid of that old covenant, I am the new covenant?

Now I do know Jesus's resurrection is the new covenant but dose that mean that the old one is completely gone as well? Jesus expanded upon the law, he didn't remove it. I am truly asking these questions because I am truly confused and want answers. I'm not affiliated with the Messianic church but I do believe that they are not all wrong, if any bit at all.

Help!

Upvote 0

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
John 4:32 isn't talking about actual food of course, its metaphoric.

I will say that recently I was introduced to the Messianic religion. No I became a Christian as an adult and still had a hard time really walking the walk. Now I am walking the walk, talking the talk but the Messianic's got me thinking. Jesus was a high Jewish priest. I would submit that in walking the path Jesus walked could not be wrong. Of course with acceptance that Jesus is the Messiah. This is the Messianic religion. Now Messianic's don't eat Pork because it is against the old law.

I used to eat pork but after reading the book "Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus" I started thinking more on the the line of what did Jesus do; and Follow that (Jesus) example. So now I am rethinking what I used to know and what I've been told and going straight to the Bible for help.

That being the case, can anyone give me one example where Jesus said the old law dose not apply now? One example where Jesus said go ahead and eat pork? Even one example where Jesus said get rid of that old covenant, I am the new covenant?

Now I do know Jesus's resurrection is the new covenant but dose that mean that the old one is completely gone as well? Jesus expanded upon the law, he didn't remove it. I am truly asking these questions because I am truly confused and want answers. I'm not affiliated with the Messianic church but I do believe that they are not all wrong, if any bit at all.

Help!

"Then it pleased the apostles and ancients, with the whole church, to choose men of their own company, and to send to Antioch, with Paul and Barnabas, namely, Judas, who was surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren. [23] Writing by their hands: The apostles and ancients, brethren, to the brethren of the Gentiles that are at Antioch, and in Syria and Cilicia, greeting. [24] Forasmuch as we have heard, that some going out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls; to whom we gave no commandment: [25] It hath seemed good to us, being assembled together, to choose out men, and to send them unto you, with our well beloved Barnabas and Paul: [26] Men that have given their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. [27] We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who themselves also will, by word of mouth, tell you the same things. [28] For it hath seemed good to the Holy Ghost and to us, to lay no further burden upon you than these necessary things: [29] That you abstain from things sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication; from which things keeping yourselves, you shall do well. Fare ye well."

Looks like pork is fine

Upvote 0

ccgems

Mar 15, 2011
✟15,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Christ was a Jew! He was born a Jew, he lived as a Jew, he died as a Jew, he was resurrected as a Jew and he ascended as a Jew. He was NOT part of a "new law". Rather he was part of the law of Moses. The age of Grace came after Jesus Christ as expounded by the apostle Paul (earlier known as Saul).

Upvote 0