Eagle River
✟17,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am living at home so I guess I can ask my parents to place a password on the desktop, but I also still need it for research for school papers. But regardless is this genuinely repenting? Isn't it a change of mind that leads to a change of action... I am so lost right now.. and its not just the computer its relationships with other girls as well..
it is a change of heart, but it is also good to take steps to avoid major sin. but don't deceive yourself into thinking that you are saved because you are not doing some certain sins. the Pharisees may have been avoiding certain sins, but they needed salvation as much as anyone else.

Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel exactly like this.. like people can say however many times "do this and do that because God loves you." And it's as if my heart is so hardened I just can't. I want to but it's too hardened, it's not genuine and just pulls me back into sin and on top of that I've said I'm not gonna do things and then right after I do them... like immediately as if I couldn't care less because in the back of my mind I feel like I'm already going to be punished in hell for what I've done. I want to repent and be with God and follow Jesus.. I just struggle with any emotion about it what so ever.

Upvote 0

godenver1

Christian
Jul 12, 2015
✟29,119.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I feel exactly like this.. like people can say however many times "do this and do that because God loves you." And it's as if my heart is so hardened I just can't. I want to but it's too hardened, it's not genuine and just pulls me back into sin and on top of that I've said I'm not gonna do things and then right after I do them... like immediately as if I couldn't care less because in the back of my mind I feel like I'm already going to be punished in hell for what I've done. I want to repent and be with God and follow Jesus.. I just struggle with any emotion about it what so ever.
You aren't saved by your emotions, you are saved by Jesus's work on the cross. Just because you don't feel like God loves you, doesn't mean He doesn't. Don't look for proof of God's love in your emotions, because the proof of God's love for you is that while you were still a sinner, Christ died for you.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You aren't saved by your emotions, you are saved by Jesus's work on the cross. Just because you don't feel like God loves you, doesn't mean He doesn't. Don't look for proof of God's love in your emotions, because the proof of God's love for you is that while you were still a sinner, Christ died for you.
Since there is no hell you need not worry but just go to the Bible and read, the only thing that will happen if you do not repent is you will pay the penalty of death and never get to see God. God does not want people who are only repenting because of fear of what they think might be torture. God does not torture anyone. Read James 1:14.

Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since there is no hell you need not worry but just go to the Bible and read, the only thing that will happen if you do not repent is you will pay the penalty of death and never get to see God. God does not want people who are only repenting because of fear of what they think might be torture. God does not torture anyone. Read James 1:14.
Do you believe in Universalism that the lake of fire is the second death? And we will have another chance?

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
it is a change of heart, but it is also good to take steps to avoid major sin. but don't deceive yourself into thinking that you are saved because you are not doing some certain sins. the Pharisees may have been avoiding certain sins, but they needed salvation as much as anyone else.
Yes, but also consider
Philippians 3:13-14 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0