Southern US
✟394,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
My problem is knowing if I repented... knowing if I made God the LORD of my life... and if I have, why do I desire sin more than righteousness sometimes? I give into sin willingly, even though I hate it and it depresses me... *sigh*
/quote]

You have much in common with the Apostle Paul, as well as me! Read the Bible and how Paul struggled with sin. Read Romans 7.

Repentence is unfortunately not a one time event. You repent of sins every day of your life. You will find as you walk with Christ, that the Spirit will reveal to you more and more of your sin, as you peel the onion one layer at a time. Fortunately, our salvation is not based upon our sin - it is by the grace of God that we are saved in spite of ourselves. So as you struggle with your sin, be comforted by the fact that your salvation is already assured through the blood of Jesus Christ.

Praise our Savior!

Jeff

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It wouldn't be an odd thing to have met Christians who have found themselves in similiar situations with addiction and it has taken 10 or more years to finally overcome. Because alcohol and tobacco are not much different. Even with non-believers included only a small minority quite right off the bat, for most it also takes numerous attempts, for some far more.

But that is NOT to say "oh I've got time then", beware really aware of that, treat everyday as your last day. The race is a more of a gruelling marathon than a short sprint and a person doesn't know if the finish line is close or further down the road.

BTW the Apostle Paul mentioned more of his stragedy other than Ro 7:

Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified. (1Co 9:27)

I give into sin willingly, even though I hate it and it depresses me... *sigh*

Don't get discouraged, that's if depression is leading that way, to mourn and weep on the other hand does help.

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. (Jas 4:8-10)

And for some it may seem like it's going to take more than a lifetime worth's of lifting for the victory, just don't get discouraged.

Upvote 0

JustAsIam77

Veritas Liberabit Vos
Dec 26, 2006
South Florida
✟30,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
My problem is knowing if I repented... knowing if I made God the LORD of my life... and if I have, why do I desire sin more than righteousness sometimes? I give into sin willingly, even though I hate it and it depresses me... *sigh*
/quote]

You have much in common with the Apostle Paul, as well as me! Read the Bible and how Paul struggled with sin. Read Romans 7.

Repentence is unfortunately not a one time event. You repent of sins every day of your life. You will find as you walk with Christ, that the Spirit will reveal to you more and more of your sin, as you peel the onion one layer at a time. Fortunately, our salvation is not based upon our sin - it is by the grace of God that we are saved in spite of ourselves. So as you struggle with your sin, be comforted by the fact that your salvation is already assured through the blood of Jesus Christ.

Praise our Savior!

Jeff

I agree. Similar encouragement from scripture has been posted for the OP, let us hope the HS will illuminate this fact to him. He seems to continue to struggle with this concept. Praying for his enlightenment. :hug:

Upvote 0

help_the_lord

Everything tastes better with cheese
Dec 15, 2009
✟15,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am so tired of hearing, "if you desire to change that's enough of a repentance and as long as you're sorry for sinning and trust Christ your saved." I know this isn't what repentance is so why do people keep comforting me and telling me I'm saved when I know I am not!

There is nothing I would love more than to serve God and to have genuine faith in Christ and be dead in my sins to bring glory to God and to serve Him in some kind of ministry and dedicate my life to Him... but I can't. I have been struggling with sin so much and I just can't repent of it. Of course I can say the words "Lord I know I'm a sinner and that Jesus Christ is Lord and died on the cross for my sins and rose from the dead. I'm sorry and I trust in you for forgiveness, it's sufficient enough for me, and I will turn away and invite your spirit in me and submit to your will so that I can bring glory to you." Yet words are only empty words. I desire this, yet my heart seems to be deceiving me because I keep on sinning and am heavily addicted to sexual immorality and inappropriate contentography and self gratification. I have become lazy in my work because I am so despondent because I know I am going to hell and no matter what I do I can't repent. I say the words and I desire to AFTER I sin, but not during the sin, even though I know I should stop. I don't want to hurt the other persons feelings and I love the feeling myself so it is impossible for me just to turn from it. I'm afraid I might hurt them and then they won't want to come to Christ either. I'm so lost. These sins have consumed my life and I want to be free of them, yet I can't STOP. Every time I'm tempted I act on them, theres no fight, there's guilt but no fight. I'm come to the Lord so many times begging for forgiveness yet my heart must be deceiving itself and not truly repenting.

I no longer no what to do. In all honesty, I'm not suicidal so this isn't a threat because I'm not going to harm or kill myself, but I just feel like dying. I feel like hell would be sufficient because at least there wouldn't be this anxiety over my salvation. Or perhaps I am saved and will go to Heaven to be with Christ. I don't know what to do anymore, I can't seem to care. I just.. I've brought this up to many people and everyone just says "theres a struggle so you're saved." That's great people think this but anyone who habitual sins is an indication that they are not saved and this sexual immorality, inappropriate contentography, and self gratification is more than habitual it an addiction and I cannot be freed from it and I know that freedom is in Christ but I don't know how to rely on Him for it. It feels like my soul is in the wrong body. Someone please help... I don't know what to do. I don't want comfort, I just want honesty and truth.

My friend it is not unommon for a young man seeking the lord to find himself in a state of distress. Early in the life of a christian newly found in faith one may find many tribulations in accordance with his faith in regards to wordly things that he has grown to know and enjoy. It is to be understood that no man not one is perfect *as it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one Romans 10:1) So i guess what I'm trying to say is expect a few bumps in the road, but trust me when you come to Jesus faithfully and fully its truly worth it in the end. I don't really care what you've done bad up till now if you truly believe and love Jesus then Hebrews 10: 1-10 should pretty much sum up all of your concerns

For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those saqcrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscinece of sins. but in those sacrfices there is a rememberance again made of sins every year. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. Wherefore when he cometh into the world he saith. Sacrfice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: In burnt offerings and sarifices for sin thou had no pleasure. Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hast pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. By the which will we are santified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once afor all.

Upvote 0
R

Romanseight2005

I am living at home so I guess I can ask my parents to place a password on the desktop, but I also still need it for research for school papers. But regardless is this genuinely repenting? Isn't it a change of mind that leads to a change of action... I am so lost right now.. and its not just the computer its relationships with other girls as well..

As far as the computer goes, I recommend Safe Eyes. You can see if your mother, or someone else who won't be tempted to sin on the computer can hold the passwords. You can set it up so that you are excluded from all sites, except ones that the administrator allows. When you must do research the administrator(password holder) can disable the password so you can go where you need to. Just make sure that a family member is always present when the computer is disabled. As far as that being repentance, it in itself is not. What it is however, is amputating that which causes you to sin. As far as relationships with girls go, you will need to break them off(it sounds like there is more than one?) There is a free internet program that will help you with this. It's called settingcaptivesfree.com they have a Way of Purity course, and they will give you an online mentor. You will have to get this undr control before you can even think about a real relationship, because if you doon't, then you will bring it into the marriage. This will absolutely destroy a marriage, and it won't just go away because you are married. If these measures don't significantly help, then consider a live in program like Pure Life Ministries. That one will cost, but you have to view this as the fight of your life. Make no mistake about it, the devil goes around like a roaring lion seeking who he may destroy, and he will use this to destroy you, your future family, and the next generations to come, if you don't radically amputate this from your life no matter what the cost, because believe me, no job, or convenience is worth the price.

Upvote 0

markw444

Dec 31, 2009
✟15,123.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I know exactly what faceofbear means because I'm in the same boat. I think that for repentance, the first step was admitting it. I've found that when I pray for repentance for the same type of sins, you can find a quiet place where you won't disturb any one else and speak, or even yell your sins out loud. I think hearing our own voice speaking has a much more profound effect on us than if we are to pray for repentance quietly.

Upvote 0

Ariellamb

My Father is the Gardener
Nov 21, 2009
A stranger & a pilgrim sojourning near Cambridge
✟20,581.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hath He really rejected thee?
God shows us here in Judges that God meant what he said in Exodus 34v

5 And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD.

6 And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful
and gracious,
longsuffering, LONGSUFFERING
and abundant in goodness and truth.

Yes He does punish too as these verses carry on to say,but Anyone who has battled for so long a time 'has found mercy' i believe in still being able to enquire at His feet, even still if still even in unbelief & sins abounding.
The Scepter is held out to You.

Judges 10 v 6 Again the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the LORD. They served the Baals and the Ashtoreths, and the gods of Aram, the gods of Sidon, the gods of Moab, the gods of the Ammonites and the gods of the Philistines.
And because the Israelites forsook the LORD and no longer served him, 7 he became angry with them. He sold them into the hands of the Philistines and the Ammonites,

8 who that year shattered and crushed them. For eighteen years they oppressed all the Israelites on the east side of the Jordan in Gilead, the land of the Amorites.

9 The Ammonites also crossed the Jordan to fight against Judah, Benjamin and the house of Ephraim; and Israel was in great distress. 10 Then the Israelites cried out to the LORD, "We have sinned against you, forsaking our God and serving the Baals."

11 The LORD replied, "When the Egyptians, the Amorites, the Ammonites, the Philistines, 12 the Sidonians, the Amalekites and the Maonites [c] oppressed you and you cried to me for help, did I not save you from their hands?

13 But you have forsaken me and served other gods, so I will no longer save you. 14 Go and cry out to the gods you have chosen. Let them save you when you are in trouble!" 15 But the Israelites said to the LORD, "We have sinned. Do with us whatever you think best, but please rescue us now."

16 Then they got rid of the foreign gods among them and served the LORD.

And He could bear Israel's misery no longer.

----------------------------------------------

1/ They left the Lord & did evil - Have You ever left The Lord?

2/ Have You ever experienced The Lord leaving You in His anger & giving up on You as You gave up on Him?

3/ Shattered & Crushed in Your life?

4/ In great Distress

5/ You then cry out to The Lord & Confess Your Sins- NOTHING HAPPENS,He does not come to You!!

6/ The Lord Rejects You,You feel it, You are confused.

7/ He even makes fun of You,Rejection Hopelessness sets in.
You even feel Him wanting/pushing You to return to Your sinful ways,because if He does not accept You then why not return to them as there is nothing else.

8/ You don't give up but Ask again (He sees You mean business) You then say
DO WITH ME WHAT YOU WANT (Now for the first time You lay no conditions on Him?)

9/ They then Act with there hands and feet and throw out all the evil they practiced,determining Only to walk with Him.

Repentant today may be preached but not the following on after it,of Casting out the Offending Sins & turning Your back to them & even putting past offences right with those You have hurt.

10/ He could bear Israel's misery no longer.

Now He would return & Save them.

Any bells ringing in Our Lives?
I have been there in the past & He was gracious to me & restored my soul again.

Upvote 0

meina123

Nov 20, 2011
✟7,611.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Listen, I'm struggling the same as you are actually and there is one bright spot. We have reached this level. There's one more step that needs to be done.

First of all don't believe many who say Paul underwent the same thing, so who are we. Because Paul underwent these things BEFORE he was saved, thats why he said what a wrecked man I am!, who will save me from this body of sin, thanks be to the lord Jesus Christ romans 7: 14-25 .
Paul also says in 1 Corinthians 6:9 " Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders"

So as you see as john also said, if we keep on sinning then the truth is not in us. So we are still not saved, but the good news is that we are now mature in knowledge and reached this part to almost getting there. However, we can't seem to repent, because as it is said " do not be hardened by sin's deceitfulness". So even though we are not hardened(because if you are you won't care about sinning), we have been hurt from our sins, because while we were reading the bible and seeing the grace of God and Experiencing his love, we forgot that he was showing us his mercy, not because we are good, but that we can RELY ON HIM COMPLETELY. It was a call of faith.

However, now we must do this one last step. That is the solution. do not concentrate on this too much, but read the bible with a sincere heart and pray everyday for God to make you repent. As you rely on him and waiting for him to answer, he'll be there for you :). You and I are being disciplined, because we underestimated sin and while we had so much love and experience from him, we didn't put all our faith in him.( meaning denying ourselves and picking up our cross DAILY). remember the days are evil and the devil is a roaring lion.

you see by now you should be happy. Trust me, just pray everyday for God to free you and make you repent and READ DAILY and TRUST IN HIM and NOT BY YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING. You will then be free. The best news is that we didn't lose heart yet, because of God's love that is always with us WAITING for us to come, but our refusal caused us to be disciplined and experience a slight hardening. just pray from your heart and RESIST watching inappropriate content and read the bible and IT WILL COME by itself when Christ sees you really want to stop and not just saying that!!. But remember that you have to resist and pray daily from your heart. Tell him "I'm sorry and I'm waiting for you to come and make me repent, and I will resist even though i'm powerless, because I trust you will come back to me and free me". (You have now come to realize FINALLY!! that you need to repent and I'm sure you reached it after a long fight with sin.) pm me if you need help with anything or email me.

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have been struggling with sin so much and I just can't repent of it.
If you weren't struggling, I would be worried. But "struggling against sin" is exactly what all Christians do. It's a fact of the Christian life. Somewhere along the line you've gotten the idea you have to be perfect, and you will not be perfect in this life. Perfection comes in the resurrection body in heaven.

The Bible speaks of strongholds, or fortresses. In the NT, the sole mention is in 1 Corinthians 10:4 -- for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.

These are defined in Strong's as being anything upon which we rely. The weapons we have at our disposal are myriad, but we need help in keeping them sharp and effective. Prayer, fellowship and reaching out when we are hurting are among the most effective things we can do. You self-identify, in your post, as an addict to inappropriate content and other things. This is not something you can deal with alone. While the Holy Spirit calls to you (He is the reason you are struggling -- it is conviction) the flesh cries out, wanting what it wants when it wants it. Seek help through the church, counseling and support groups. I will be praying for you, and I know others here will also.

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

His_disciple3

Nov 22, 2010
as close to Jesus as I can be
✟17,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't take time to read all the post, but from your opening post, you are forgetting the most important step in salvation. We are saved by Grace THROUGH FAITH, all I read in the op was what you had done, but nothing about what you believed that Jesus could do for You, the few post that I did read, amazed me, for none said that after the conversion of Saul, Paul said that what I should do, I do it not and that what I shouldn't do, that I do! Paul struggled with sin just like the rest of us, I also didn't see any post where others stated that they had problems with sin after they came to Christ. well I did, and you will also. Baptist has a story they share when trying to get someone to come to Christ, well actually two, and you are guilty of both, the First is that Jesus said we could be fishermen of men, but you still have to get them into the Boat before you can clean the Fish. you are trying to clean yourself before you believe that Jesus can save you. the second is you can't put the cart in front of the Horse, it just ain't designed to go in the front of the Horse. and you are trying to put the cart in front of the horse, by saying that you have to be sin free, Before you can be saved.

you have to know that Jesus wants to save you and you have to believe that He can save you, He wouldn't have died for you. if He hadn't of wanted to save You. and Him being God is the only one that can forgive you of your sins. Romans 10 said to believe with the Heart that God hath Raised him from the Dead, and confess the Lord with our mouth , this is not a confession of your sins but that you make Him Lord, I had a fellow in my Church real close to your story, evey week he would come up and say Preacher I slipped again this week, I would ask him did it make you feel bad when you slipped, He would say oh yeah real bad, then I would tell him then there you go, that is conviction or chastisement, God only whips those that He loves, if there is no chastisement then we are unsaved and we don't have a heavenly Father. if your sin is making you feel guilty then you are already saved, lost people feel no guilt, there is not a one in this forum that can say they are sin free, there can be some of us say that we are working real hard on that, but we haven't gotten there yet. david was a man after God's own heart but one look at Bathsheba bathing herself that night and David slipped also, now I have to say before someone jumps on me salvation is not a license to sin, but there is not a verse in the Bible that says once we are saved that sin will no longer be a problem for us, But I will share this one with you:

1 John 2:1-2
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
KJV

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

strelok0017

_______
Sep 23, 2011
✟13,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
There is nothing I would love more than to serve God and to have genuine faith in Christ and be dead in my sins to bring glory to God and to serve Him in some kind of ministry and dedicate my life to Him... but I can't.

They keep telling that you are born again to you because only a born again heart wishes to serve God. Fighting sin and sinning and being casual about it are as different as angels are from demons. They have nothing to do with each other. The devil, the world and your own mind will keep reminding you that Christians can't be fighting such. You should know that Jesus is with you always, even when you are about to click where you shouldn't. That HAS TO STOP! Next time you feel tempted to do so RUN! We are told to flee adultery and fornication! Run away from it as from a fire! Jesus will not leave you nor forsake you but you should take that sword which is the word of God and slay that dragon. Your victory might not come easily but Jesus will get you through all the fighting. He won the victory on the Cross. If you really want to serve God don't look at how you are doing, look at what Jesus did, behold your Lord on the Cross, saying "It is finished!". Think about it the next time you have a lust attack and know that Jesus died so you can put that to death. The devil is a liar and will keep condemning you and coming at your face but do not be disturbed. God will be with you. He cares for you.

God bless you!

:prayer:

Reactions: Ariellamb
Upvote 0

His_disciple3

Nov 22, 2010
as close to Jesus as I can be
✟17,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Listen, I'm struggling the same as you are actually and there is one bright spot. We have reached this level. There's one more step that needs to be done.

First of all don't believe many who say Paul underwent the same thing, so who are we. Because Paul underwent these things BEFORE he was saved, thats why he said what a wrecked man I am!, who will save me from this body of sin, thanks be to the lord Jesus Christ romans 7: 14-25 .
Paul also says in 1 Corinthians 6:9 " Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders"

So as you see as john also said, if we keep on sinning then the truth is not in us. So we are still not saved, but the good news is that we are now mature in knowledge and reached this part to almost getting there. However, we can't seem to repent, because as it is said " do not be hardened by sin's deceitfulness". So even though we are not hardened(because if you are you won't care about sinning), we have been hurt from our sins, because while we were reading the bible and seeing the grace of God and Experiencing his love, we forgot that he was showing us his mercy, not because we are good, but that we can RELY ON HIM COMPLETELY. It was a call of faith.

However, now we must do this one last step. That is the solution. do not concentrate on this too much, but read the bible with a sincere heart and pray everyday for God to make you repent. As you rely on him and waiting for him to answer, he'll be there for you :). You and I are being disciplined, because we underestimated sin and while we had so much love and experience from him, we didn't put all our faith in him.( meaning denying ourselves and picking up our cross DAILY). remember the days are evil and the devil is a roaring lion.

you see by now you should be happy. Trust me, just pray everyday for God to free you and make you repent and READ DAILY and TRUST IN HIM and NOT BY YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING. You will then be free. The best news is that we didn't lose heart yet, because of God's love that is always with us WAITING for us to come, but our refusal caused us to be disciplined and experience a slight hardening. just pray from your heart and RESIST watching inappropriate content and read the bible and IT WILL COME by itself when Christ sees you really want to stop and not just saying that!!. But remember that you have to resist and pray daily from your heart. Tell him "I'm sorry and I'm waiting for you to come and make me repent, and I will resist even though i'm powerless, because I trust you will come back to me and free me". (You have now come to realize FINALLY!! that you need to repent and I'm sure you reached it after a long fight with sin.) pm me if you need help with anything or email me.
you will never get yourself, to where you can present yourself to God ready for salvation. Paul said this after His conversion:

1 Timothy 1:15-16
15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
KJV
if God can save paul who was the chief of sinners, and If God can save me by faith who was equal to paul a chief among sinners than He can saved anyone, and I can testify, I am not happy to say but can testify that I have sinned after I was saved that is why I posted:

1 John 2:1-2
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
KJV

Upvote 0

phoenixdem

Nov 28, 2010
South Dakota
✟9,080.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
John

6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that
cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the
will of him that sent me.

6:39 And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he
hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at
the last day.

6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth
the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will​
raise him up at the last day.

There is something that must be done, but it doesn't involve our own striving to be good enough because we will never be good enough. The Grace of God is unmerited favor and our salvation is exactly that. What must we do? We must trust in God. He said that He would never cast out anyone who came to Him.
God is not a liar. You may safely believe in Him to do what He has said that He would do and that is raise us up on the last day.

Upvote 0

phoenixdem

Nov 28, 2010
South Dakota
✟9,080.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

If we continue in sin willingly while saying that we are born-again, there may well be grounds to say that person isn't ready saved, but that is up to God to judge and discipline whomever He wishes. The point is that we can't continue in sin because we like it. God will pull up short His children. He is even willing to kill a child to prevent a final falling away from Grace.

You say that Paul had his sin problems before his salvation and that is what he is referring to in the Book of Romans. Can you cite Scripture to support your contention?

Paul met Christ before he became a Christian, right? He had that experience on his way to persecute a few more Christians. Paul became a Christian because he met Christ. Do you honestly think that Paul would write a letter to the Romans supporting christianity before he became a Christian or afterwards? Before you say that Paul is speaking of the time before he became a Christian, why would Paul teach Christian doctrine based on events before his conversion? The Scripture is the entire Book of Romans.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear faceofbear. A Christian`s great weapon is Love, selfless and no strings attached. Fight all adversity with it, wenn you are tempted, think of the outcome: is it worth it the prize you are paying? Our God is Love, pure Love and Compassion. If you let God see, that you are trying to resist the temptations which seem to follow you, God will help you to overcome those short bursts of temptation. Keep asking God to give you the strenght of your willpower, to say NO.
God loves you, and God knows whether you love God, and God wants loving children/sons and daughters. Ask yourself: Am I loving and caring? will God want me to be with Him for eternity? Also think of this: There is God`s Eternal Law of Justice. Galatians, chapter 6, verse 7, will tell you. There also is God`s Law of Eternal Justice: " Whatever we sow we will also reap." Keep asking our Lord to help you, He will understand. Jesus is our Saviour, and He died that we might live. I say this with love, faceofbear. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lindart

Jun 6, 2011
USA
✟10,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
FaceofBear, you are very spiritual. You laid out your heart here and with such honesty. My spirit testifies that God is with you. God is not finished with you. Do not despair. Your brothers and sisters in Christ struggle with sin as you do. Take your sins to God everyday and thank Him for hearing the cries of your heart.

God is not finished with you. :pray:

Upvote 0

Gdawg

Aug 1, 2011
✟7,611.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
This thread was posted nearly two months ago, and FaceOfBear hasn't posted on it himself for weeks. How about we drop it?
I think you mean two years ago ;) It was resurrected by meina.

I do hope the OP was able to overcome. It is certainly no easy task.

Upvote 0

Near

In Christ we rise
Dec 7, 2012
✟24,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the Bible says Deny yourself, Crucify the flesh, put away the old man, you will be persecuted, Narrow is the way and difficult is the path that leads to salvation.

Obey Christ!

You are saved by faith proven by deeds, not dead faith.

You must repent in Godly Sorrow, and Obey Jesus.

He died on the cross for the remission of sins, to save us 'from' our sins, not in our sins.

We must stop sinning, and we must keep his commandments.

The fear of the Lord is the begining of wisdom.

If you believe in God, believe that you need to repent and cease sin to be saved.

Upvote 0