Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2016
Highland, CA
✟86,675.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is very telling what they believe of their Jesus. The Mormon Jesus did not atone for sin on the cross. The Mormon Jesus bled through His pores in the Garden of Gethsemene and that is the atonement. They do not even acknowledge the cross as being anything.

Now, why would this be? The most important thing that Jesus did for mankind, yet their church does not acknowledge it? That is very telling of the direction that Mormonism leads their people in to.

If you think about it, EVERY meaningful thing that God does for us is twisted. Adam & Eve sinning was good. Everything is backwards, now that is not just a coincidence.

Almost every word in the Christian vocabulary means something else to them. So what God is it?

I DO wish that their religion did not lie to them and say the Bible cannot be trusted. I DO hope that God has mercy on them.

It is great foolishness to for one Christian religion to condemn another. The "conceited in Christ" hold to delusional notions that God favors them over others. This is utterly false. It may well be true that the Mormons adhere to a book not worthy of their wonderful faith. Indeed, my reading of the Book of Mormon often makes me wonder how could such a beautiful, service-oriented faith embrace such teaching? But ALL of the Christian faiths on earth today have wandered far from Jesus' teachings and have added much to their doctrines that do not belong there. Do not worry for your spouse. I think you would be wise to concern yourself more about your own inclinations to judge others.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is great foolishness to for one Christian religion to condemn another. The "conceited in Christ" hold to delusional notions that God favors them over others. This is utterly false. It may well be true that the Mormons adhere to a book not worthy of their wonderful faith. Indeed, my reading of the Book of Mormon often makes me wonder how could such a beautiful, service-oriented faith embrace such teaching? But ALL of the Christian faiths on earth today have wandered far from Jesus' teachings and have added much to their doctrines that do not belong there. Do not worry for your spouse. I think you would be wise to concern yourself more about your own inclinations to judge others.
The issue with Mormonism is that little about their beliefs about Christ are the same as ours. So, the issue is that it is a different God. It is a religion closer to Islaam than Christianity. We are monotheistic, Mormonism is not.

That's a big, big deal when combined with all the other strange teachings. So worshipping not the God of Israel, not One God as the Bible says. Is huge.

Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The issue with Mormonism is that little about their beliefs about Christ are the same as ours. So, the issue is that it is a different God. It is a religion closer to Islaam than Christianity. We are monotheistic, Mormonism is not.

That's a big, big deal when combined with all the other strange teachings. So worshipping not the God of Israel, not One God as the Bible says. Is huge.

Mormonism is not a Christian religion, it does not follow the understanding of the Trinity which creates problems right from the start about who the Mormon Jesus is and the Mormon Father is.

Upvote 0

Rodan6

Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2016
Highland, CA
✟86,675.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What is difficult to understand about "ONE"? If there is only one God, then certainly it must be the same God. Obviously, there are different viewpoints as to what God is. To argue they worship a "different God" betrays a belief that there is more than one. Perhaps the Mormons have one over YOU here, since they believe in only one God? Your polytheistic argument seems contrary to your "...One God as the Bible says".

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Mormonism is NOT considered a Christian faith. They may say one God and all of this, but the Father had a father who had a father who had a father.

There is not only one God, there are Gods, although they will never admit it.

We do have a creed that defines the basics of the Christian faith. They do not believe it and they are NOT Christian. There Christ is a whole nother Christ who is their brother.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What is difficult to understand about "ONE"? If there is only one God, then certainly it must be the same God. Obviously, there are different viewpoints as to what God is. To argue they worship a "different God" betrays a belief that there is more than one. Perhaps the Mormons have one over YOU here, since they believe in only one God? Your polytheistic argument seems contrary to your "...One God as the Bible says".
Jesus is in the Islaamic holy book, so they must be Christian too.

Gimmee a break. You sound like a universalist or something. Who Christ is and if he is our brother is kind of a big deal.

Upvote 0

Rodan6

Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2016
Highland, CA
✟86,675.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your heart seems filled with judgement. If Karl X (who originated this question) also fails to recognize and deal with this problem, his future will hold much grief, especially with regard to his spouse. As I said before, no faith (Christian or otherwise) is perfect. Honest debate can be illuminating and spiritually stimulating for our friends and family. But we must be willing to accept differing viewpoints without judgement. Each of us have an individual spiritual path. One day we will stand in judgement before our Lord, and this face to face meeting will be alone.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Your heart seems filled with judgement. If Karl X (who originated this question) also fails to recognize and deal with this problem, his future will hold much grief, especially with regard to his spouse. As I said before, no faith (Christian or otherwise) is perfect. Honest debate can be illuminating and spiritually stimulating for our friends and family. But we must be willing to accept differing viewpoints without judgement. Each of us have an individual spiritual path. One day we will stand in judgement before our Lord, and this face to face meeting will be alone.
Well I urge you to read God's Word and find out what He says about Himself. What He says about who is His Child and who is of another master. Maybe what you need is more knowledge of who God is.

It's a shame that people like you come on this site and judge other Christians.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To be fair, Islam is a monotheistic religion. I'm not sure if you meant to imply that Moslems are polytheists but that's what I took from your post.

I'm not saying any of this to defend the LDS, you understand. Obviously I'm not LDS.

Ultimately God will judge the Mormons. He'll judge us all, in fact. And on that day, we'll all need mercy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rodan6

Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2016
Highland, CA
✟86,675.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well I urge you to read God's Word and find out what He says about Himself. What He says about who is His Child and who is of another master. Maybe what you need is more knowledge of who God is.

It's a shame that people like you come on this site and judge other Christians.

I judge those who judge? That I judge other Christians for judging other Christians is still judgement, so I accept your criticism--but I don't agree that "it's a shame". Since Jesus' days on earth, His spirit of Truth draws us to Him. Today, a majority of Christians worldwide have learned to show tolerance for other faiths--including those who call themselves "Christian". A hundred years ago, this was not the case. Is this change from God, or are Christians falling away from God? I tell you that it is God's desire that we learn to let go of our prejudices, just as Jesus taught His own Apostles to let go of theirs.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I judge those who judge? That I judge other Christians for judging other Christians is still judgement, so I accept your criticism--but I don't agree that "it's a shame". Since Jesus' days on earth, His spirit of Truth draws us to Him. Today, a majority of Christians worldwide have learned to show tolerance for other faiths--including those who call themselves "Christian". A hundred years ago, this was not the case. Is this change from God, or are Christians falling away from God? I tell you that it is God's desire that we learn to let go of our prejudices, just as Jesus taught His own Apostles to let go of theirs.
Actually Karl X was asking for what others thought. I did answer. Instead of you answering with your own thoughts, you chose to use the opinions of another poster and chastise them and label them as being in judgement. Maybe tell your own opinion and not get into other people's answers to what are not a question to you at all.

I like how you include some long description of why you do not agree with me, but have little to say about his question in general. Maybe that is why you latched on to someone elses answer, because you had nothing of substance to add to the conversation.

Let's completely avoid each other from now on. Thanks. Maybe we'll meet in the afterlife. Until then, kudos.

Upvote 0

Rodan6

Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2016
Highland, CA
✟86,675.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually Karl X was asking for what others thought. I did answer. Instead of you answering with your own thoughts, you chose to use the opinions of another poster and chastise them and label them as being in judgement. Maybe tell your own opinion and not get into other people's answers to what are not a question to you at all.

I like how you include some long description of why you do not agree with me, but have little to say about his question in general. Maybe that is why you latched on to someone elses answer, because you had nothing of substance to add to the conversation.

Let's completely avoid each other from now on. Thanks. Maybe we'll meet in the afterlife. Until then, kudos.

May God bless you in your journey.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Call me crazy, but your judging people that you only know on the internet and have read one post of their opinion and you think it is ok to judge them, to me SCREAMS self-righteous! If the shoe fits .....

People are so out of touch with their own pride. The fact that you are so 'against' what God clearly says in His Word shows that your beliefs are your own understanding, not God's. Clearly God says who He is. If you think that another religion that has a different God than the God of the Bible is not a problem, then you go sir! Rock your self-defined understanding, but don't judge those of us who care enough to
Jude 1:3
3 Beloved, although I made every effort to write you about the salvation we share, I felt it necessary to write and urge you to contend earnestly for the faith entrusted once for all to the saints.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Rodan while you are correct in that God is the final judge, the bible does tell us who will be saved and who won't. Its not us judging is us stating what God states in his word. Gallations 5 tells us that anyone who proclaims a different gospel is cursed. So if any religion or faith preaches something different than what the bible teaches they are cursed by God. Could there be Mormon Christians? I am not going to say there can't be because some may find the truth. And God will judge that. But the Mormon faith is not the same gospel as preached in the word.

Upvote 0

Rodan6

Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2016
Highland, CA
✟86,675.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rodan while you are correct in that God is the final judge, the bible does tell us who will be saved and who won't. Its not us judging is us stating what God states in his word. Gallations 5 tells us that anyone who proclaims a different gospel is cursed. So if any religion or faith preaches something different than what the bible teaches they are cursed by God. Could there be Mormon Christians? I am not going to say there can't be because some may find the truth. And God will judge that. But the Mormon faith is not the same gospel as preached in the word.

I fully understand your position. And this makes at least some sense, if you are of the opinion that the Bible represents God. While I embrace the notion that the Bible is a work "inspired" by God, I have much difficulty with the idea that it represents God's word. It is difficult to rationalize the dramatically different concepts of God the Bible portrays. Is God the loving Father in heaven, as demonstrated by His Son? Or is He really the angry, jealous, intolerant and brutal God displayed in many places in the Old Testament? These two portrayals cannot be reconciled; nor can it reasonably argued that God changed over this period of time. Isn't it more likely that it is MAN'S view of God that has changed and evolved over the ages?

I believe that God "inspired" those earlier depictions of God because at that time, this is the only concept that humans were able to respect and understand in that age. At that time, the human race was not ready for Jesus' more enlightened revelation of a loving Father in heaven.

Another problem exists with the effort to justify every word in scripture. This enables those with social agendas to pick and choose certain parts found in scripture and use them to justify their prejudicial efforts to deny human rights and dignity to women and gay people. Even worse, many people embrace such prejudices in Jesus' name.

In our modern age, I believe Christians should embrace Jesus FIRST, and then apply His teachings to sort out the meanings in the earlier parts of scripture.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is difficult to rationalize the dramatically different concepts of God the Bible portrays. Is God the loving Father in heaven, as demonstrated by His Son? Or is He really the angry, jealous, intolerant and brutal God displayed in many places in the Old Testament? These two portrayals cannot be reconciled; nor can it reasonably argued that God changed over this period of time. Isn't it more likely that it is MAN'S view of God that has changed and evolved over the ages?

I believe that God "inspired" those earlier depictions of God because at that time, this is the only concept that humans were able to respect and understand in that age. At that time, the human race was not ready for Jesus' more enlightened revelation of a loving Father in heaven.
It's two different covenants. The Old Covenant and the New Covenant. The OC and the Law was about Israelite's and Hebrew people obeying God's law. The New Covenant is the grace of the Son of God. Many Old Testament patriarch;s were imputed righteousness based on faith. Now it is also faith, but in the Son of God, Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Rodan6

Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2016
Highland, CA
✟86,675.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's two different covenants. The Old Covenant and the New Covenant. The OC and the Law was about Israelite's and Hebrew people obeying God's law. The New Covenant is the grace of the Son of God. Many Old Testament patriarch;s were imputed righteousness based on faith. Now it is also faith, but in the Son of God, Jesus Christ.

The two covenants (Old and New), do not explain the drastically different depictions of God. The only way reconcile the two characterizations is to believe that God somehow "changed". But all Christians--even though we may disagree on many things, we all believe God to be timeless and eternal. It is a certainty that God has not changed. God has ALWAYS been the loving Father revealed by Jesus.

Upvote 0