Why are Christians so incredibly deceived about scripture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
So tw. Jesus is the author and perfector of faith. Seek him and his understanding and not the authors of confusion for indeed...

14When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in front of them all, “You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?

15“We who are Jews by birth and not sinful Gentiles 16know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith ind Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.

17“But if, in seeking to be justified in Christ, we Jews find ourselves also among the sinners, doesn’t that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not! 18If I rebuild what I destroyed, then I really would be a lawbreaker.

19“For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. 20I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
GOD said it. Look into it. I believe you will find it in James and in one of John's letters that we are to confess our sins to one another

Confessing sins to one another is not about your claim that every believer has to check in with me as if I was some kind of priest who takes in confessions (Which is a one way street). Confessing sins to one another is about sharing each other's faults with your trusted brothers and sisters in the LORD whereby they will pray for you and or whereby they can help you. It's not about being absolved of sin like in Catholicism. Only Jesus Christ is our mediator and hight priest who can interecede for us on our behalf.

miknik5 said:
But in your own confusion you are perceiving this to mean something which you have decided within yourself is off in another

What are you talking about?
What confusion?
Please explain it to me where you think I am confused.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 7
7 “Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. 3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.

This is talking about hypocritical judgment. This is not talking about how you cannot judge wrong beliefs. In fact, much of the New Testament is written by believers judging wrong beliefs and actions.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Wrong.
You didn't choose God....He chose you. Until God regenerates you, you are dead in your sins and trespasses. In factr God has to grant you the ability to believe...give you the gift of faith.....with out all that, you won't be saved.
Sorry, but I don't buy into all that Calvinist gibberish. God doesn't want robots; he wants children who love him freely.

Reactions: 1John2:4
Upvote 0

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
And tw if you read for yourself and ask God for the understanding of what is written you will find Peter saying, "baptism...that now saves you also...a pledge of a clear conscience toward God.

Find a church that holds to the sound doctrine of Christ as they are taught.

If you want confusion ask babbling babes that only listen to men who do not have the spirit.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And tw if you read for yourself and ask God for the understanding of what is written you will find Peter saying, "baptism...that now saves you also...a pledge of a clear conscience toward God.

Find a church that holds to the sound doctrine of Christ as they are taught.

If you want confusion ask babbling babes that only listen to men who do not have the spirit.

Just because a body of believer's are organized and have a church building does not mean they are correct. There are many Biblical cults that are organized and have buildings. The best way is to pray to find the right fellowship whereby you can truly walk like Jesus walked.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Confessing sins to one another is not about your claim that every believer has to check in with me as if I was some kind of priest who takes in confessions (Which is a one way street). Confessing sins to one another is about sharing each other's faults with your trusted brothers and sisters in the LORD whereby they will pray for you and or whereby they can help you. It's not about being absolved of sin like in Catholicism. Only Jesus Christ is our mediator and hight priest who can interecede for us on our behalf.

What are you talking about?
What confusion?
Please explain it to me where you think I am confused.

You were trying to "help" your Catholic brother in understanding this sir. And in your own ignorance you assumed that a Catholic brother doesn't know this
which is why you took the opportunity to throw in that you are not a priest when in fact if you do belong to HIM that is exactly what you are

And for the work of being a priest and having a share in the ministry of reconciliation

But you have already decided within yourself who is not worthy
It's not hidden from your brother therefore there is no fellowship

And that is your blanket judgement of all Catholics

That is imperfect love sir

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do not judge anything before the time. Leave all judgement to HIM who judges justly. HE will lay bare the hidden agenda of the heart and the mind of all men

Then a man will receive his praise

...or not

Then how could Paul judge the Corinthians and tell them to kick out that immoral man among them? Stop and think. Paul here is talking about being overly judgmental about people whereby we do not know their hearts, minds, and thoughts. This does not mean we cannot judge evil actions of men. For do you have a standard of morality that you stick by? For example: Do you think murder is wrong? If somebody committed murder and they had no remorse in their sin, do you not have the right to judge their evil for what it is?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You were trying to "help" your Catholic brother in understanding this sir. And in your own ignorance you assumed that a Catholic brother doesn't know this
which is why you took the opportunity to throw in that you are not a priest when in fact if you do belong to HIM that is exactly what you are

And for the work of being a priest and having a share in the ministry of reconciliation

But you have already decided within yourself who is not worthy

And that is your judgement

Are you not judging me by your very own words here?
Are you not breaking your own standards on judging?

That is why the whole "We cannot judge" concept doesn't work.

As for the whole Catholic thing: You lost me. You were talking about how you think everyone needs to run things by me because I was talking about how we as believers need to live holy. Now you are talking about how you think I am talking about Catholics not knowing about their own confession. My point was in reference to what YOU said about ME when I brought up the topic on holiness. You then wanted to make this about confessing faults to one another. I then explained to you what that really meant. I was not directly talking to Catholics here about how they misunderstand their own beliefs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then how could Paul judge the Corinthians and tell them to kick out that immoral man among them? Stop and think. Paul here is talking about being overly judgmental about people whereby we do not know their hearts, minds, and thoughts. This does not mean we cannot judge evil actions of men. For do you have a standard of morality that you stick by? For example: Do you think murder is wrong? If somebody committed murder and they had no remorse in their sin, do you not have the right to judge their evil for what it is?

Who are you kicking out sir?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Who are you kicking out sir?

I have not found anyone who is openly acting sinful in such a way amongst a body of believers that I have attended so far. But my life experience does not undo what the Word of God says. The point is that if Paul can judge the Corinthians, and a sinful man (in his letter to the Corinthians), and Paul says we are to follow his example (with his example being Christ), then that means we can judge, too.

Upvote 0

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
Razare understand something about what God says about the sheep and the goats.

Goats are always butting heads and scattering the flock but the sheep have a shepherd and they will not follow a strangers voice.

I tell you this because if you want to become embittered trying to understand a matter ... Watch the goats!

But if you want the spirit of revelation then search the scriptures. Do not take one scripture as fact for indeed God has spoken with as many Witnesses on a matter as he deemed necessary.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The man had his father's wife sir. His sin was known and all in the church knew it

Upvote 0

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
For how often have they based all their belief on one verse...John 5:39 thinking they know the Fathee and the Son and are divided because John 5:40 they did not know the Father and the Son and were embittered.

Have you discerned the spirits? There are comments in your topic razare that are bitter!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
What does 855 replies tell you tw?

855 replies to say "the interpretation of scripture comes from the one who gave it not the one who thought they heard him say!"

Still waiting for you to answer that post buddy boy! Shows you full of hot air then!

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Razare understand something about what God says about the sheep and the goats.

Goats are always butting heads and scattering the flock but the sheep have a shepherd and they will not follow a strangers voice.

I tell you this because if you want to become embittered trying to understand a matter ... Watch the goats!

But if you want the spirit of revelation then search the scriptures. Do not take one scripture as fact for indeed God has spoken with as many Witnesses on a matter as he deemed necessary.
Did you read the OP
What was the main topic of this thread?

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
This is talking about hypocritical judgment. This is not talking about how you cannot judge wrong beliefs. In fact, much of the New Testament is written by believers judging wrong beliefs and actions.

There you go yet again! Lol.............Picking and choosing buddy boy!

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have not found anyone who is openly acting sinful in such a way amongst a body of believers that I have attended so far. But my life experience does not undo what the Word of God says. The point is that if Paul can judge the Corinthians, and a sinful man (in his letter to the Corinthians), and Paul says we are to follow his example (with his example being Christ), then that means we can judge, too.

Not unto condemnation.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jason

As to the Catholic Church I thought I heard you post somewhere about Catholics confessing their sins to a priest and I understood that you were telling the Catholic on this forum that we can go straight to CHRIST (which is TRUTH).

So when I said to you are we supposed to run our righteous works by you and you responded I am not a priest I thought you were Back on the same tangent regarding Catholic confession

And yet the whole point still remains that you are accusing someone of sin because they will not declare their righteous works

You understood that your good works are all because of CHRIST and yet to a brother who claims to belong to THE LORD because he won't say anything about his works and understands that he is justified by faith you have translated this to mean that these are taking the grace of GOD as some sort of free license to sin.

All because they will not say anything about their fruit.

Therefore according to you there must be a hidden sin that needs to be confessed and repented of

You haven't even seen your brothers sin but you accuse him of it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.