Whom We Worship The Christ Or The Father

alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, in Isaiah 9.6-7, Isaiah called Jesus as Eternal Father among other of His titles. But here is the difference between figure of speech and the direct actual meaning.

Jesus indeed can be called compare to us as Eternal Father according to His age which starts its beginning from His Everlasting and Eternal Father, and this is why Jesus in the New Testament often called as a Son of Man and as the Son of GOD.

And this is why Jesus recalled the words of David when David said, “the Lord (Father) said to my Lord (Jesus Christ)…”

By this Jesus let people know that He is not only the Son of David in flesh, but David also recognized Him as a Son of GOD, and to David He is the GOD, but to His Father He is the Son.

But comparing Jesus to His Father, Jesus cannot be a Father, They cannot be both Fathers. But in relation to us, yes, Jesus can be called as our Father as well, because He is older than anyone else.

Jesus is older than all the angels of GOD, and Jesus is older of all humankind, because He is the very First Creation of GOD, and only one Person Who are older than Him is His Father Who has no beginning and no end, He the Father is the true Eternity.

And this is why I perceive such statement of Isaiah that Jesus Christ our Father as the figure of speech and not take it literally.

Figure of speech is very common practice not only among humans but also and GOD. And this is why it’s so important to recognize and understand the difference between literal statement and the figure of speech which can express itself in the number of different styles, such as some parables, allegories, metaphors, symbols, certain examples, comparisons, and in many other similar forms signifying certain extraordinary qualities and properties of the subject.

So my point is that the Jesus is Emmanuel, the Messiah, the Savior, the Teacher, the Son of GOD, the Alpha and Omega, the First among the creation of GOD and the Last, and He can be also and our Father according to His age metaphorically speaking, as the Isaiah mentioned about Him.

So we have here One GOD Father, One Son of GOD, and Their Holy Spirit.

I hope I answered your questions.

GOD bless

Alex

Upvote 0

peterandrewj

Wayfarer
Jan 14, 2014
NYC
✟8,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The bible says there is one God and one Lord Jesus Christ, and they are one; that there is one person of God which is also the person of the Son; and he is in the Father and the Father in him.

He was the Word which was God, he came forth from the Father, his only begotten Son, conceived in Mary by the power of God, making it correct to say the Son of God is deity, rather than God the Son.

Though we understand deity to be God, today it is in the Son, the Holy One of God.

Because they are one, to be with Jesus is to be with his Father, and our Father. And to see Jesus is to see God. He came in the form of sinful flesh to save us from sin, and the same Jesus will return without sin, with great power and glory.

I truly believe it takes fellowship with them to understand the union, because fleshly reasoning relies on the imagination to perceive, and that's a danger to the truth.

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
The bible says there is one God and one Lord Jesus Christ, and they are one; that there is one person of God which is also the person of the Son; and he is in the Father and the Father in him.

He was the Word which was God, he came forth from the Father, his only begotten Son, conceived in Mary by the power of God, making it correct to say the Son of God is deity, rather than God the Son.

Though we understand deity to be God, today it is in the Son, the Holy One of God.

Because they are one, to be with Jesus is to be with his Father, and our Father. And to see Jesus is to see God. He came in the form of sinful flesh to save us from sin, and the same Jesus will return without sin, with great power and glory.

I truly believe it takes fellowship with them to understand the union, because fleshly reasoning relies on the imagination to perceive, and that's a danger to the truth.

Nope.

Upvote 0

peterandrewj

Wayfarer
Jan 14, 2014
NYC
✟8,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Worship Jesus!

Hebrews 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Hebrews 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Revelation 5:11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

Revelation 5:14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Psalm 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Have a blessed day.

Upvote 0