✟83,758.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, not exactly, God plays his part, John 1:

13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
John 15:

16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.
1 Peter 1:

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
John 6:

44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.
For our part, we need to repent.

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And if he doesn't chose us. Can we change that?
Theoretically or when our sins are heavy. The door is open to everybody but we have to answer the call.

Upvote 0

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, not exactly, God plays his part, John 1:

John 15:

1 Peter 1:

John 6:

For our part, we need to repent.
One can be born again to a living hope, and born again from the dead by resurrection. One whose resurrection is to life, his living hope is realized.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
And if he doesn't choose us. Can we change that?
Think of what His Word Says: Many people strive to enter heaven all of their lives, and never can.
Many people (multitudes) on judgment day are surprised when He says go away. - they thought they had made it all their life, but did not.
YHVH has mercy on who He Chooses to have mercy,
YHVH hardens the heart that He Chooses to harden.

Only in Jesus can anyone ever have or receive eternal life.

If someone is drowning, or if someone is dead in sin, will they call out , cry out, desperately , for help?

Are they willing to give up everything to receive life, if it is something offered to them ?

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Think of what His Word Says: Many people strive to enter heaven all of their lives, and never can.
Many people (multitudes) on judgment day are surprised when He says go away. - they thought they had made it all their life, but did not.
YHVH has mercy on who He Chooses to have mercy,
YHVH hardens the heart that He Chooses to harden.

Only in Jesus can anyone ever have or receive eternal life.

If someone is drowning, or if someone is dead in sin, will they call out , cry out, desperately , for help?

Are they willing to give up everything to receive life, if it is something offered to them ?
So we can't be chosen if God doesn't choose us?

Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Wonderful, so glad we don't choose to be born again. I am so grateful for the sacrifice of Christ to redeem us so we can live as his sons in righteousness & truth. Good Friday this Friday so let us attend our respective churches to sing praises to God on high for his wonderful gift of salvation through his son Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@returntosender

I think God saves all he can, he doesn't send people to hell because he does not like them or something.
Why? because this parable.
Those people were invited but made excuses, he invited then people who wouldn't reject Him, later he started 'forcing' other people who wouldn't reject Him to come in all he could.

15 When one of those at the table with him heard this, he said to Jesus, “Blessed is the one who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God.”

16 Jesus replied: “A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests. 17 At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, ‘Come, for everything is now ready.’

18 “But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, ‘I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.’

19 “Another said, ‘I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I’m on my way to try them out. Please excuse me.’

20 “Still another said, ‘I just got married, so I can’t come.’

21 “The servant came back and reported this to his master. Then the owner of the house became angry and ordered his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.’

22 “‘Sir,’ the servant said, ‘what you ordered has been done, but there is still room.’

23 “Then the master told his servant, ‘Go out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full. 24 I tell you, not one of those who were invited will get a taste of my banquet.’”

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We are born again through the Sacrament of Baptism. Infants themselves cannot choose for themselves, their parents do.

Being born again does not require us to do anything. It is a free gift from Him.
I guess that leaves the two guys on the cross out.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And if he doesn't choose us. Can we change that?
”And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.”“
‭‭John‬ ‭12‬:‭32‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Upvote 0