Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
LOL!^_^ Your opinion is quite welcome to this discussion imho. See I have an opinion too. :) I wanted to posta video of a clip from the Movie of how electric guitar came into the mainstream of rock and roll, but it had a word in it that is against forum rules. Anyway,it happened when Muddy Waters discovered how to amplify his guitar with electricity. This happened befor Hendrix was even born.
Oh yea...like I said, a progression though. Waters was bluesy and early rock. My only point about Hendrix is he was one of the first to give the electric that metal kinda sound. But, this is subjective

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,501.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh yea...like I said, a progression though. Waters was bluesy and early rock. My only point about Hendrix is he was one of the first to give the electric that metal kinda sound. But, this is subjective
You mean crazy loud! LOL!^_^ Did you listen to the video I posted? There is where Hendrix learned. His contribution is phenomenal and he boosted the genre into the mainstream.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,501.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The inventor of the vacuum tube?

It all depends on how we view the question.
In that case, you can say the electric guitar invented metal music since that is the instrument that gave it it's legs.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Johann Sebastian Bach
Please do explain; classical composers would add an interesting element to a discussion on metal!
Classical Metal.jpg

May God bless us all through all our subjective opinions!

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,643.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Might explain why they never got invited to play on MTV's Unplugged. The act would be just plain silly.

Queensryche appeared on MTV Unplugged, although I don't know if any other metal bands did. But if you extend it to heavy rock rather than just metal then there's Nirvana, Alice in Chains, and probably others.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,643.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Not many earworms (stuck song syndrome) in metal.

Really? I'd say all of these potentially qualify for earworm status.

And there are plenty more. If you're trying to claim that catchy metal songs don't exist then I to wonder about your knowledge of the genre.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,501.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
First heavy rock I remember was in early '66 before Who and the others , 7 & 7 Is by Love. No one understood it at the time but it was great lol, and a forerunner of what followed..
I didn't like metal or hard rock. I couldn't listen to even Hendrix for long.I liked R&B and soft rock and a little Blues.

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
And now I have "Holy Diver" stuck in my mind for the rest of the evening. Thanks internet!

Fortunately, I like the song. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Michele Vioni, AKA "Dr. Viossy," is an Italian guitarist and music producer. He mostly plays custom GNG instruments. He didn't invent metal. But he does a great metal version of the 3rd movement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata on a 7-string. Incredible technical virtuosity.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Interesting. Still, this is a metal cover of classical composers, not the composers themselves. Do you think that classical composers we're the first metal musicians? I suppose the cannons in 1812 Overture may have been something like metal to the 19th century ear, although adjusting for the time period holds many problems.

in any case, I love this kind of discussion on music! None of it matters, really, but it's fun & brings together interesting people into interesting friendships.

May God continue to bless us all!

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Not many earworms (stuck song syndrome) in metal.
Do the infamous 3 notes of Black Sabbath (the song) not count? Or all the riffs in Metallica's "Suicide & Redemption"?

I do see your point, though. Metal isn't designed for catchiness the way pop is, or the simplicity of a lot of folk & blues.

May God continue to bless us all!:pray:

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,501.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I suppose it depends on whether one is cerebral or a head banger.
LOL! That is a funny comparison. I could never listen to heavy metal long enough to get an ear worm.I use to sing in a band with a guy who wanted to be the next Hendrix. He even changed his name to Hendrix. The audiences we played were into R&B and Blues so he didn't get the chance to exercise his metal chops. He eventually moved to an area in the North more inclined to Metal.

Upvote 0