United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paul told us to"""" be a follower of me, as i follow Christ"

The unlearned, or the fake bible student will then scream..."i follow no man".

or.. "I won't be worshiping Paul"..

However Paul didnt tell you to worship Him, he told you to follow him, as Jesus chose Him to be the Teacher...

Where?

"In the time of the Gentiles'.. as "Paul is the apostle to the Gentiles"..

Are you a Gentile?

Then ...... that's for you., as we are "in the time of the Gentiles".. right now.

If you were hatched or born on Jupiter, then don't even consider it.

Or if you are a JEW, then Good for YOU, as Paul's Gospel, is for YOU too.... And, Shalom,Shalom... God bless you to see it, and receive it an be born again.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I follow Christ.

I believe all scripture is Divinely Inspired and God Breathed - there is no contrast between Paul and Peter - only what man places there.

The historicity and the Divinity of their writing was settled millennia ago.

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟17,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I follow Christ.

I believe all scripture is Divinely Inspired and God Breathed - there is no contrast between Paul and Peter - only what man places there.

The historicity and the Divinity of their writing was settled millennia ago.

Paul had to correct Peter, because He walked not according to the "truth".

Did you ever read that in a NT?

I guess you missed it... @hislegacy .

Also, Paul wrote this.. " be a follower".. which means be an imitator... And that means... Paul is the greatest Christian who ever lived.
He was chosen by Jesus, apart from the other Apostles, AFTER Jesus was back in Heaven.

Peter said of Paul's LETTERS... they are "Scripture" ... not just letters, and that is true, as Paul's letters, became most of the NT Epistles and all the Church Doctrine.

So, if you want to know NOTHING about the NT, then don't study Paul's 13 epistles.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@Aviel no - I didn’t miss it - you do know when you quote a post the person gets a notice. No need for an additional call out. Just for future reference.

Not ONE thing you wrote disputes my point that ALL scripture is given by the inspiration of God. - I think I read that somewhere…. Hmm…..

oh, look - here it is - right here in the NT and look who wrote it!? Paul himself.

2Tim3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
Did you miss that?

These disputing arguments have been around for a millennia -

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟17,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@Aviel no - I didn’t miss it -

Yes, you missed it.

You said there is no "contrast" between Paul and Peter, and in fact there is a huge contrast.

I'll name one for you..

"Paul is the Apostle to the gentiles".

Peter is not.

So, you missed that one., also. @hislegacy

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, you missed it.

You said there is no "contrast" between Paul and Peter, and in fact there is a huge contrast.

I'll name one for you..

"Paul is the Apostle to the gentiles".

Peter is not.

So, you missed that one., also. @hislegacy
No I didn't @Aviel

The contrast I am speaking of - which you missed is in the fact both Peter's writings and Paul's writings we inspired by the Holy Spirit. Both being of equal value and pedigree. Both have the same anointing - both serve the purpose of the Holy Spirit.

The audience was different - but the message was the same.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟218,042.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well then, can you elaborate?

The nation of Israel has fallen in the eyes of God (Acts 7:51), that is why salvation has been extended to you (Romans 11:11), a gentile.

Paul is the apostle the ascended Christ sent to save you. Your Christian doctrine comes only from him (Romans 16:25)

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟81,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The nation of Israel has fallen in the eyes of God (Acts 7:51), that is why salvation has been extended to you (Romans 11:11), a gentile.

Paul is the apostle the ascended Christ sent to save you. Your Christian doctrine comes only from him (Romans 16:25)
Ok, if you insist. Christ sent himself to save me, and that is the only truth. Anyways, good day and God bless. I am ending it here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I give to the poor, via donations. We need to live in a world more like Acts 2:44-45, a communal society. But America has been poisoned by individualism. We can blame modern society for that, greedy companies, politicians and social media.
Blame who ? The false teachers and the false prophets infiltrated everywhere on earth, including all known groups.
A few assemblies, or small groups of Jesus' disciples, live most like Acts as you mention wonderfully. Most people and groups never expect to and are not willing to do so.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Even if you do NOW, it won't change a thing.

You are still not the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24)
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
— John 10:16

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟218,042.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
— John 10:16

These don't refer to gentiles.

There are many Israelites who are scattered abroad (James 1:1), they are strangers in the nations they reside in then (1 Peter 1:1).

See Zechariah 8:7-8 as well.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟218,042.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, if you insist. Christ sent himself to save me, and that is the only truth. Anyways, good day and God bless. I am ending it here.

I am not insisting, you are free to disagree.

I am merely trying to point out that there is another perspective that is

Would you accept that Jesus was not speaking to you in Luke 12:32-33, aka Matthew 15:24?

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟81,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not insisting, you are free to disagree.

I am merely trying to point out that there is another perspective that is
Thank you. But, theology is complicated, so I am backing out of this one. God bless.

Reactions: Guojing
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
These don't refer to gentiles.

There are many Israelites who are scattered abroad (James 1:1), they are strangers in the nations they reside in then (1 Peter 1:1).

See Zechariah 8:7-8 as well.
Sorry, but that’s wrong. The fold was Israel. The other sheep were Gentiles. Scattered Israelites were still Israelites.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul taught the very same gospel. His gospel is the gospel of Christ. He taught on all levels at times but it is still the gospel of Christ.

Romans 1:9 "For God is my witness, Whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers,"

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟27,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 Corinthians 3:1-15 NIV

"Brothers and sisters, I could not address you as people who live by the Spirit but as people who are still worldly—mere infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere humans? For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere human beings?"

"What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor. For we are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field, God’s building."

"By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames."

Upvote 0