twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I don't think anyone called him a false prophet...but I think if someone does say that about someone there must be a good reason why they would say that.

I think one of the posters was offended by what john macathur was implying that the gifts had ceased, and I would be too if heard he was saying that. That is actually blaspheming the holy spirit to attribute the gifts to the devil. Jesus had harsh words to say about people who did that.
I called him a false prophet and will back it up if need be. Though I too disagree with his Dispensationalism that is not why I call him a false prophet. I call him a false prophet because of his subtle works salvation and his subtle legalism.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
There's a difference between disagreeing with a theological position and calling someone a false prophet. For instance, I disagree with dispensationalism, but that's not the litmus test for orthodoxy. There are things we must agree on in orthodoxy, and things we are free to disagree with and not divide over (gifts, eschatology, etc).

I'm not a MacArthur apologist. But I think calling him a false prophet quite a stretch and irresponsible.
I am very aware of the ramifications of calling a man of God a false prophet. I do not do so lightly or irresponsibly. I have listened to many of his sermons and read a great deal of his writings and find him to be a man who preaches grace with his mouth but works with his teaching. He makes repentance to be salvation not Christ Jesus the Lord.

Upvote 0

justhere1

May 29, 2013
✟17,538.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
1. Steven Anderson

2. David Berzins

3. Donnie Romero

4. Roger Jimenez

5. Bryan Denlinger (though I must be extremely discerning in some of the doctrines he teaches)

Also, I think Dr. James White and Dr. Michael Brown deserve an honorable mention, for more or less background noise.

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think we do need to be wary of false prophets invading christian churches and if they are teaching wrong things to warn people. many of the new testament letters are on precisely this subject.
I agree. The problem is I this world of freedom in the Christian church, warning of false prophets is called hating on others rights to worship their way. Warning of false prophets puts you on the ignore list in churches because I've seen many on the lists in this thread I call false prophets, which I won't name, and yet they've infiltrated the baptist community. So the question is let them feed their minds with Tares or warn them? I'm coming to the conclusion to just let them feed their minds with garbage. That's what they want. They don't want Scripture rightly taught. People want their ears tickled.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anyone heard of that Singaporean one
Joseph Prince
The way he dress himself - it is hard to concentrate what he saying..
LOL He says Wendy picks out his clothes, I believe it. I think it is a different culture thing, and they have a big youth ministry.
But if I remember correctly, when he was in the US at Osteen's church he wore a regular suit. Different culture.

Upvote 0