United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok, let's sum it up:
Les Feldick says Abraham was saved by faith AND work (sacrifice). Look up what he says on his website.

God says Abraham was saved by faith only.

Isiah 64 in the old testament (before Christ's sacrifice...as you say):
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Again, God is telling us our work is filthy rags in front of him. Salvation is a gift...if it was by work, it would be by debt..not a gift. I mean so many verses in the old testament.....and the masses trust false prophets/modern day philospophers instead of the bible.

Upvote 0

LadyJaden

Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth
Jul 25, 2014
Tennessee
✟15,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Les Feldick Ministries
Doctrinal Statement

We believe in a triune God composed of three persons; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. All individual personalities, yet functioning as one.

We believe our Bible is the inerrant Word of God, verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit, and holy men of God wrote without any other resource [II Peter 1:21].

We believe Jesus Christ, the son of God, was the creator of everything [John 1:1, Colossians 1:16, Hebrews 1:2].

We believe God the Son became the incarnate God in the flesh by way of the virgin birth [Galatians 4:4, Matthew 1:23].

We believe the human race began with Adam, perfect and sinless, but after his act of disobedience, precipitated the fall of the whole human race [Romans 5:12, Romans 3:23].

We believe God has provided the way back to fellowship with Himself through faith and faith alone in Jesus Christ and his death for our sins, his burial of three days and three nights, and his resurrection in power and glory [I Corinthians 15:1-4].

We believe every believer of that gospel is baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ [I Corinthians 12:13, Ephesians 1:23].

We believe the communion table is the time of reverential contemplating of the finished work of the cross and that there is no set schedule in practice [I Corinthians 11:26].

We believe the true believer will live a life pleasing to God [Titus 2:1, 12, & 13, Galatians 5:22 & 23].

We believe in the pre-tribulation out calling of the body of Christ [I Corinthians 15:51-54, I Thessalonians 4:13-17], followed by a seven-year tribulation [Daniel 9:27], and the second coming of Christ to set up the thousand year reign of Christ [Zechariah 14:1-9].

We believe the lost of all the ages will be resurrected and appear before the great white throne and then sent to their eternal doom [John 5:28 & 29, Revelation 20:11-15].

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost
Creflo Dollar
Tony Evans
Bill Winston
Kenneth and Gloria Copeland
Robert Morris
Jentezen Franklin
Joel Osteen
James Merrit
Robert Jefferies
Joel Peebles
Clarence McClendon
Frederick Pice Jr.
Tyrone Jones
Ed Hindson
Jamal Byrant
T.D. Jakes
Message of the Cross Jimmy Swaggart
Charles Stanley

Any order.

Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
iLove said:
Creflo Dollar
Tony Evans
Bill Winston
Kenneth and Gloria Copeland
Robert Morris
Jentezen Franklin
Joel Osteen
James Merrit
Robert Jefferies
Joel Peebles
Clarence McClendon
Frederick Pice Jr.
Tyrone Jones
Ed Hindson
Jamal Byrant
T.D. Jakes

Any order.

That's quite an unusual list for the Baptist forums.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't listen to much preaching so my list is one, my own pastor. I might add my previous pastor for what he taught me outside of preaching. But i grew to hate his preaching, if you call it that. If pastors who teach in podcast form, then I would fill it out with Lutherans, for that is all I can handle. They're funny, make fun of themselves and extremely serious about theology mattering. That isn't how most pastors in podcast teach.

So in no particular order
1. My pastor- Loius Heard - Grace Baptist Church, Fort Worth
2. Previous pastor, Bob Roberts, Northwood Church, Keller
3. The "mean-spirited", "evil intentioned", sarcastic Lutheran who is attempting to reach the evangelical world, Chris Rosebrough - Fighting for the Faith radio. Don't listen if you like your Charismatics, your TD Jakes, or your Church growth gurus. (He's the reason I left Northwood)
4. Bryan Wolmueller - Hope Lutheran Aurora,Co and co-host of Table Talk Radio.
5. Jonathan Fisk - St Johns Lutheran in Oakes,SD and host of worldview everlasting YouTube channel. Not for the older generations who don't like distracting short cut up videos inserted into his teaching for emphasis on what he is saying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Who are your favorite to listen to?
Still living of course:)

I will post mine in a few:)

First and foremost the Holy Spirit, who teaches and convicts, and intercedes for me.
John MacArthur, for his verse by verse very Biblically accurate teaching.
Charles Stanley, his topical preaching reaches the spots in my heart with outstanding Biblical preaching.
Adrian Rodgers, he is with the Lord now, but his strong solid preaching lives on today.
Chip Ingram, great preacher for Biblical encouragement for our issues we face today.
Alastair beg, Ravi Zechariah, Ray Comfort, Todd Friel, James White, Usama Dakdok, Brandon House, just to add a few.

However just to enjoy the serious side of life with humor is WRETCHED TV, which I watch almost every day.

By my list you can see I an a conservative Christian, and any preacher / teacher must be Biblical or it is not worth my time.

Upvote 0

jef1225

Nov 24, 2015
✟17,378.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
well first and foremost god, his son our lord and savior jesus Christ, and the holy spirit. but as far as our time preachers I like, dr tony evans cause he gets fired up and gets me fired up for Christ, doug batchelor(even though im not 7thday Adventist, I enjoy him), I enjoy some of kent hovinds work, and there was a pastor when I was a younger man that I admired felt that he was the most for real man of god in his word and actions that I ever met and that was pastor George tomko. that was the first person to introduce me to jesus and I will forever be greatful for that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am wary of john macarthur. I dont know, i think hes a calvinist which I dont really agree with.

Of the preachers mentioned by others on this thread, the ones that speak to me of Gods word are

Martin Lloyd Jones
Charles stanley
Kent hovind
Franklin graham
A w tozer

I dont really know of all the others. Derek prince also gets an honorable mention but I think he got into some questionable doctrine and also not sure I completely agree with charles stanley either..but for the most part they preached the Word and helped me.

As for someone living well my own pastor and youth pastor in church of course. They would be my top two. I go listen to them preach most every week over anybody else.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
John MacArtur is of the devil. I read some of his stuff a while back and he is so judgmental and angry at anyone who doesn't believe his way and it's disgusting.

That's a very serious statement. There are those who are of the Word of Faith conviction, that think John went too far. But if a person does not like him then don't listen or read about him. I have very deep serious issues with a few faith healers that use plants in their audience to get people to come forth. The healings have NEVER been proven by medical evidence, and frankly the healings seldom last beyond the parking lot when they leave. Please note I did not mention their names. Even if a brother (someone according to John 3:16) does things I totally find very wrong by my faith standards, I still will not slander them. I believe that is Biblical. If you believe as you state about John than write and tell him why. I personally do not know him but don't want to spell his last name. I think you might get a reply if you were factual and not slanderous.

I read his book, Strange Fire, you are most likely upset about. I don't agree with his wide statements about those who are are not saved. He is not the Holy Spirit, and those judgment calls as far as I am concerned are up to the Holy Spirit. But I am not trying to alert people to possible abusive problems in some areas he mentions. It's always best to avoid hatred, and commit people we have huge disagreements with, to the Lord and ask Him to convict and bring them to a right understanding.

Better yet dwell on things that bring peace to your soul in these troubled times we are in and about to get much worse for those who are genuine believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. Merry Christmas.

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
John MacArtur is of the devil. I read some of his stuff a while back and he is so judgmental and angry at anyone who doesn't believe his way and it's disgusting.
So not John McArthur. Noted.

I wouldn't put him in my top 5. Maybe top 10. I'm thinking we have different standards of what makes a good preacher.

Last edited:
Upvote 0