Manhattan, KS
✟189,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is one guy that I wonder if he is a true prophet is Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj. The reason I say this is David Hogan a minister who I trust, who walks in the miraculous like raising the dead, allowed Sadhu to pray for him. If you know David Hogan he hates false prophets. Sadhu has also walked in the Spiritual gifts like healing.

I also trust Sadhu's End Time Theology, I personally do not believe there will be a rapture, I believe that we will be here for the tribulation. Sadhu also believes that.

I agree that there are such a large number of false prophets, and admire that you made the attempt to identify them. Problem with stuff like that (from my POV) is people will likely still follow those charlatans even if you were to prove they are false.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟738,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree that there are such a large number of false prophets, and admire that you made the attempt to identify them. Problem with stuff like that (from my POV) is people will likely still follow those charlatans even if you were to prove they are false.
I found some years ago I followed a whole heap of false prophecies, due to looking so hard for answers. I had received some prophetic dreams and tried to find people who had similar experiences. There are very elaborate false prophecies out there. If a person focuses on trying to find answers from them it is easy to get led astray.

Looking back even further I once tried to move in the prophetic, but I had no idea how to. I was convinced at the time I was hearing from God, but looking back, much of it was demonic. Introduce YouTube to the mix and we have a whole heap of Christians sprouting demonic prophecy.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟801,028.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Now we're to:

"Despise not prophesyings"

"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." I Thess 5

Based on study, this is the list to prove all things - but open if you see a correction:
-check it against Scripture (Acts 17:11),
-ask for confirmation (Matt 18:16; Acts 9;9-19 especially v 10-12; II Cor 13:1)
-fasting and praying, (Judges 20:26-27)
-spiritual discernment, (Gal 2:9)
-does it point to Yeshua, (Rev 19:10)
-receive G_dly counsel (Prov 11:14).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isn't it a guideline for this forum that the poster believes I Cor 12-14?

"Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy."
That's why I'm trying to get some clarity on what they mean. I may have misunderstood the response, but it does seem to suggest they do not

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟801,028.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Every believer can prophesy but not every believer will be a prophet.

""Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy."" I Cor 14:1

"Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?" I Cor 12:29

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟456,965.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have witnessed prophets telling stuff that no one knew about me except myself, from my past and heart, and other miracolous things, one time i told God if this minister i was watching online could pray for me, sort of a wish i had, in one service they started praying with my name, first name but ok, i never saw them name other person ever like that, never, i believe other ministers to be prophets, but sadly, if i would tell their names i think they would be ridiculed in this forum, as maybe false etc, something i may have learned is that when God is moving this is met with lots of opposition and from other christians unbelief etc.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have witnessed prophets telling stuff that no one knew about me except myself, from my past and heart, and other miracolous things, one time i told God if this minister i was watching online could pray for me, sort of a wish i had, in one service they started praying with my name, first name but ok, i never saw them name other person ever like that, never, i believe other ministers to be prophets, but sadly, if i would tell their names i think they would be ridiculed in this forum, as maybe false etc, something i may have learned is that when God is moving this is met with lots of opposition and from other christians unbelief etc.
That's cool that you've experienced this insight from God, let's pray more do!

Reactions: NBB
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Who are the prophets we should be listening to now?
Was it Moses or someone else who exclaimed > would that all of Yahweh's people be prophets !
---------------------------------------------------------------
6 If a ram’s horn sounds in a city, do the people not tremble? If calamity comes to a city, has not the LORD caused it? 7
Surely the Lord GOD does nothing without revealing His plan to His servants the prophets. 8 The lion has roared
—who will not fear? The Lord GOD has spoken
—who will not prophesy?…
Berean Standard Bible · Download

And Jesus tells His Own apostles >
Cross References
John 15:15
No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not understand what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, because everything I have learned from My Father I have made known to you.

Upvote 0