Midlands
✟221,057.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
A teacher had a funeral at our school, (back when I was 14), so all the pupils got the day of school. I remember getting home, My Mum was watching TV and the first plane had hit. We were watching it when on live TV the second plane came smashing into it.

That day didnt just change America, it changed the world. Sadly I feel in my country Great Britain, it made the people sharing the terrorists same Ideology support base grow. I feel the terrorists achieved their goal that day as from that pure evil act they've somehow won more hearts and minds (How I will never know) than the pre-9/11 days.

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Lord, have mercy :crossrc:

zechariah8_21.jpg

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hear you Ruth! But i have come to realize that no one is safe, so i have to put all my Faith and Trust in God in everything like when my kids went driving over the george washington bridge this weekend, out of my control, as my mother called everyday panicing about it, i was calm and finally said mom i put all my Trust and Faith in God! What is going to happen is going to happen and we cannot stop it! So she believes we can if we do no allow them to go on that yg camping trip? But then mom where is your trust and Faith in God? Well apparently i hit some kind of nerve which i usually do with those kind of conversations and she got real angry!
So they are home safe, they did have check points on the bridge, They did not get checked!!!!

I thought our whole country was being attacked! Talk about feeling terror!

Upvote 0

Stormboy

Mar 23, 2004
✟51,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey Kristy! :wave:
I watched the 9/11 memorial service on TV here!
I think it great what they have done with the water falls in the foot print of the twins.
Still gives you a lump in your throat even after 10 years!
I remember when it happened I was actually asleep, woke up the next morning and the radios was all talking about the attacks, as soon as I got to work saw video of the planes hitting the building and still thinking stuff like that you see in the movies it does not happen in real life! The whole rest of the day I felt flat and soon as I got home put the TV on because we had live news feeds.
God Bless all the people that lost there lives on that day, the day that really changed the world.

Upvote 0

littleredkiss484

Follower of Christ
Apr 11, 2006
Michigan
✟306,366.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey Kristy! :wave:
I watched the 9/11 memorial service on TV here!
I think it great what they have done with the water falls in the foot print of the twins.
Still gives you a lump in your throat even after 10 years!
I remember when it happened I was actually asleep, woke up the next morning and the radios was all talking about the attacks, as soon as I got to work saw video of the planes hitting the building and still thinking stuff like that you see in the movies it does not happen in real life! The whole rest of the day I felt flat and soon as I got home put the TV on because we had live news feeds.
God Bless all the people that lost there lives on that day, the day that really changed the world.
Hey Storm! :wave:

I didn't watch the services yesterday. I was off of work and slept in a little too late. :D I guess staying up late the night before didn't help. ;)

I do agree! It is a beautiful memorial! :)

Video of 9/11 10th anniversary memorial at Ground Zero, NYC - YouTube

Reactions: whitebeaches
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jul 26, 2005
somewhere over the rainbow
✟372,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
thanks for the blessies
I saw a special on public tv about making the memorial and construction of the tower.
yes I saw it also , was good , watched alot on the history channel this weekend

Upvote 0

littleredkiss484

Follower of Christ
Apr 11, 2006
Michigan
✟306,366.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I sure hope to go to New York and see the memorial
I went to Ground Zero a year after the tragic events. I saw it from the ground and from the top of the Empire State Building. It was all cleaned up and it looked like they were starting the rebuilding process.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Stormboy

Mar 23, 2004
✟51,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
:wave::hug:

It was hard seeing some of the old footage and it will probably be etched in our minds for the rest of our lives.

I can't believe it's already been 10 years.
makes me feel old looking back on it all

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I remember I was in my Junior year at Grand Blanc High School. I was walking to math class and a friend came up to me and said, "Did you hear that planes crashed into the World Trade Center?" And I was like, "What's the World Trade Center?" I honestly didn't know what they were. He said that they were in New York City somewhere.

They didn't allow us to watch the new coverage until after the towers had already collapsed, but when I got home, I watched news coverage for the rest of the day. I guess I was pretty naive to that kind of thing until it actually happened.

Upvote 0