Where does the atheist/humanist get their morality from?

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
spiritualwarrior77 said:
Scandinavia (like the rest of Europe) is a time-bomb waiting to go off. Any 'harmony' you now perceive will quickly disappear once the SHTF (and it will!)
Anders Breivik claimed to be acting in favour of cultural Christianity. He was a one-man band. There is no organisation behind him. He was a lone nutter.

So despite that Norway has been one of the best nations to live in in recent years. Explain this website.

A society that doesn't murder unborn children.
Because that's not biased analysis.

At any rate: Such an opinion can be come to without Christianity.

A society that abhors violence in the media.
I'd say this is broadly true in Western Europe.

A society that looks after it's poor.
Nations such as Norway, Sweden etc are derogatively referred to as welfare states. They do look after their poor.

A society that respects the life of every human being.
This is as true in Norway as anywhere else.

A society that doesn't drench it's citizens in inappropriate content and objectifies women.
Norway, Sweden, Finland etc are socially progressive and treat women probably the best on the planet.

A society that doesn't attack other countries.
I hardly think you can level charges at Norway, Sweden and Finland for aggression towards other nations.

A society that teaches values such as making peace with your enemies, being kind to others, loving your neighbour, helping the poor, sick, elderly etc.
All true in the nations I'm talking about.

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Paul's advice to the Roman church on how to behave. I don't hear his knid of advice coming from atheist/humanists!

Romans 12:9-21
9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[a] Do not be conceited.

17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”[c]
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

So you think it impossible that no non-theist is capable of sincerely advising advising people to live in harmony with others? At any rate, such advice (ignoring the servile appeals to obeying God) is almost routine and loaded in generalities and so obviously pious that it bares not repeating. I've heard much better words of wisdom from other sources.

Reactions: Eudaimonist
Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Remember this guy?
Anders-Behring-Breivik-008.jpg

What about him? He is an extreme fringe individual.

Scandinavia (like the rest of Europe) is a time-bomb waiting to go off.

I don't believe this just because you say this. From what I can see from living in Sweden, Scandinavia is very stable socially and politically. More so than America.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

spiritualwarrior77

Apr 28, 2012
✟8,797.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Given the 'heart of man', maybe. But not given the theories.

What you are doing is like suggesting that just because we correctly understand that our right arms can deliver lethal force, then we must blame that knowledge on the invention of clubs and swords. Knowledge of reality somehow becomes our enemy, even though we could choose to use it for good! You are taking a pro-ignorance stance. Mindlessness is your ideal.

It is absurd to blame Darwinism on the ethical misuses people may give to that information.

eudaimonia,

Mark

What makes Darwinism so dangerous is that it is a theory which is incorrect and which has no evidence to support it. It is not 'knowledge of reality' as you say. May I highly recommend this book written by a Richard Milton. A member of Mensa and of the Geologists Association for over twenty years, he is brave enough to point out that Darwinism is a big fat lie! It is an ideology that is promoted and promulgated to justify all sorts of dominating behaviour. (He's not a Christian BTW)

511G445NZ3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

spiritualwarrior77

Apr 28, 2012
✟8,797.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
What about him? He is an extreme fringe individual.

I don't believe this just because you say this. From what I can see from living in Sweden, Scandinavia is very stable socially and politically. More so than America.

eudaimonia,

Mark

I don't expect you to believe me just because I say this. But that statement comes from an understanding of the intentions of the 'elites'. A large financial crisis, civil unrest, racial (and religious) tensions exploding, food crises and other engineered disasters will be what is needed to unroll the next step in the plans of the Rothschild's and Rockefellers of this world. A global coup is underway while the world is asleep. By the time most work out what has happened, it'll be too late!

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't expect you to believe me just because I say this. But that statement comes from an understanding of the intentions of the 'elites'. A large financial crisis, civil unrest, racial (and religious) tensions exploding, food crises and other engineered disasters will be what is needed to unroll the next step in the plans of the Rothschild's and Rockefellers of this world. A global coup is underway while the world is asleep. By the time most work out what has happened, it'll be too late!

I see that you are into conspiracy theories. Nevermind. I don't argue with paranoid personalities.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Love to hear them.
Here:
Hitchens said:
Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the ‘transcendent’ and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don’t be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish. Picture all experts as if they were mammals. Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.

Upvote 0

spiritualwarrior77

Apr 28, 2012
✟8,797.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Anders Breivik claimed to be acting in favour of cultural Christianity. He was a one-man band. There is no organisation behind him. He was a lone nutter.

So despite that Norway has been one of the best nations to live in in recent years. Explain this website.

Because that's not biased analysis.

At any rate: Such an opinion can be come to without Christianity.

I'd say this is broadly true in Western Europe.

Nations such as Norway, Sweden etc are derogatively referred to as welfare states. They do look after their poor.

This is as true in Norway as anywhere else.

Norway, Sweden, Finland etc are socially progressive and treat women probably the best on the planet.

I hardly think you can level charges at Norway, Sweden and Finland for aggression towards other nations.

All true in the nations I'm talking about.

The Scandinavian countries are amongst the most mind-controlled on earth. They are programmed to BEHAVE!
They also have huge problems with depression and alcoholism. Any harmony in those countries is all just a manufactured media presentation.
Islam will shatter the stability of these countries quite nicely at some stage in the near future!
Scandinavia is drowning in inappropriate content. No way to treat women IMO.
Breviek was not acting alone IMO. Two gunmen were heard at the sight by many of the children. Most of these so-called lone gunmen have been under some kind of mind control and working on behalf of someone else.

(Hope I have not offended! Just wanted to give another point of view)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
The Scandinavian countries are amongst the most mind-controlled on earth. They are programmed to BEHAVE!
[citation needed]

They also have huge problems with depression and alcoholism. Any harmony in those countries is all just a manufactured media presentation.
[citation needed]

Islam will shatter thew stability of these countries quite nicely at some stage in the near future!
[citation needed]

[citation needed]

Breviek was not acting alone IMO. Two gunmen were heard at the sight by many of the children. Most of these so-called lone gunmen have been under some kind of mind control and working on behalf of someone else.
[citation needed]

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like the perfect recipe for mutual self destruction.
Crowley himself couldn't have written a better load of complete rubbish.
Again: you'll just say that to anything I could post. You will always view the Bible as a superior equivalent to anything.

Upvote 0

spiritualwarrior77

Apr 28, 2012
✟8,797.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Henrik Palmgren of Red Ice Radio fame (out of Sweden) has said this himself.

Why the Happiest States Have the Highest Suicide Rates | Healthland | TIME.com

"Binge drinking is common in Scandinavian countries, even in Norway and Sweden despite their history of high prices of and restricted access to alcohol in recent decades. For example, the Norwegian cultural phenomenon known as Russ provides high school seniors with a socially accepted venue for binge drinking. For younger people, from about 14–15 years and until leaving adolescence, binge drinking may be the main form of drinking. In Sweden people tend to drink huge amounts every weekend and especially during holidays. Denmark, which has the most lax access to alcohol in Scandinavia, unsurprisingly also has the highest alcohol consumption among teenagers, not only the highest in Scandinavia but also in the world. "
From: Drinking culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Islam will shatter the stability of these countries quite nicely at some stage in the near future!
Creeping Islamism in Scandinavia | FrontPage Magazine

I know this from personal experience as a former inappropriate content addict!

Shooting Survivors Convinced There Were 2 Gunmen on Norway's Utoya Island
http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=130515
Svali (ex-Illuminati) on so-called 'lone gun men'. Plenty more where this came from. It's a good start...
SVALI SPEAKS ON LONE GUNMEN | Illuminati Mind Control

Last edited:
Upvote 0

spiritualwarrior77

Apr 28, 2012
✟8,797.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You will always view the Bible as a superior equivalent to anything.

That's because it is in my opinion and in my experience (I've been around the block a few times I might add!)

Have been a New Ager, a practicing Muslim, flirted with atheism, a Luciferian, a Crowleyite, a bi-sexual, inappropriate content loving, drug addicted, occult loving SLAVE!

Now I'm free.
Thanks to Christ.
The Bible is hands down, the most amazing book on earth.
It is in a league of it's own.
Nothing touches it!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Christ came to fulfil and end the 'law'. Referring to Old Testament law is irrelevant.

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth."—Romans 10:4.

Here what Jesus said and pay attention to the bolded words:

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.

Unless I am mistaken neither the Earth nor heaven has passed away! Someone is relaxing the commandments and this is not what Jesus wanted for us to do! Tsk, tsk.

Upvote 0

spiritualwarrior77

Apr 28, 2012
✟8,797.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Here what Jesus said and pay attention to the bolded words:

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.

Unless I am mistaken neither the Earth nor heaven has passed away! Someone is relaxing the commandments and this is not what Jesus wanted for us to do! Tsk, tsk.

Jesus said "the least of these commandments".
He was talking about the 10 commandments. Not the whole Jewish law.

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said "the least of these commandments".
He was talking about the 10 commandments. Not the whole Jewish law.
No he did not! If read it again!

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)
"All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)

"Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God."
(2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law. Mark.7:9-13 "Whoever curses father or mother shall die" (Mark 7:10 NAB)

Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: “He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.” (Matthew 15:4-7)

“...the scripture cannot be broken.” --Jesus Christ, John 10:35

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
:sigh:
I did type something up. But it's pointless.

I would suggest seeking help.
But i'm pretty sure you think they'd brainwash you.

I really didn't think you were this bad Spiritual Warrior.:(

Reactions: Eudaimonist
Upvote 0