When the Bible lies and youre tempted beyond what you can bear...

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟922,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Ok so there's a sin that I keep living in over and over again. It's a VERY strong sin that I cannot get out of because the temptation is to great. Paul tells us that God will never let us be tempted beyond what we can bear. But yeah this sin has such a powerful hold on me that I have to do it everyday. Especially in the afternoon/at night. No it's not inappropriate contentography I kicked that life long habit to the curb. It's not drugs or adultery or anything quite that bad. It's gluttony, the worst sin that I'm unable to avoid no matter how hard I try. I buy healthy food, I still gain weight and indulge in gluttony because I eat a ridiculous amount of it. I'm just ever more being close to being over 500 pounds. I'm really not that far away. I can't stop no matter how hard I try, is there any hope for me?

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It's gluttony, the worst sin that I'm unable to avoid no matter how hard I try. I buy healthy food, I still gain weight and indulge in gluttony because I eat a ridiculous amount of it. I'm just ever more being close to being over 500 pounds. I'm really not that far away. I can't stop no matter how hard I try, is there any hope for me?
Go to God in prayer each day and ask Him to be your guide - commit to follow His lead.

1. Exercise
2. Water
3. Sleep.
4. Eat the right food.
5. Don't watch tv/internet with food commercials

Learn to eat the right food. (preferably Vegan) Certain packaged/processed foods have what is called excitotoxins. -- don't eat that kind of food. And if you ever do it it - don't eat it for lunch or at night. For example highly salted foods, chips, dip, pizza , cake , ice cream, high fat high-cholesterol meats etc.

Eat all the raw foods you can get into your mouth -- primarily vegetables and fruit. Your body will not allow that to put weight on you., Have at it.

Drink lots and lots of water. 14 glasses a day or more in your case assuming your kidneys are ok. Don't drink water 15 minutes before a meal or up to 1.5 hours after.

Eat oatmeal whenever possible for breakfast and lunch. (you can use salt with it but be reasonable)

Don't eat thick bread. Only allow yourself to eat super thin bread - and try to always have it toasted.

Exercise in the morning before you eat (like walking as far as you can without hurting yourself) - same for walking right after lunch. Don't run. Don't jog

Go to bed before 9 pm. - wake up as early as you like.

Focus on 2 meals a day - breakfast and lunch or if necessary - three meals with dinner being fruit or toast.

=============================================
If you eat the wrong kinds of food -- none of this works.

I lost about 60 lbs doing this.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Tolworth John
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,552.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok so there's a sin that I keep living in over and over again. It's a VERY strong sin that I cannot get out of because the temptation is to great. Paul tells us that God will never let us be tempted beyond what we can bear. But yeah this sin has such a powerful hold on me that I have to do it everyday. Especially in the afternoon/at night. No it's not inappropriate contentography I kicked that life long habit to the curb. It's not drugs or adultery or anything quite that bad. It's gluttony, the worst sin that I'm unable to avoid no matter how hard I try. I buy healthy food, I still gain weight and indulge in gluttony because I eat a ridiculous amount of it. I'm just ever more being close to being over 500 pounds. I'm really not that far away. I can't stop no matter how hard I try, is there any hope for me?
The only thing I can suggest is to spend more time praying about it. Jesus said:

Mark 14:38 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

When we spend time with God the Holy Spirit builds spiritual muscles, he gives us strength. This strength overcomes our weaknesses.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟402,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
You need a substitute like when indiana jones changed that gold thing for a bag of sand, only you need one that will stay in place of eating. Is there anything you can do that will distract from wanting to eat a lot? Like are there any books or video games you can do? Also Dieting is good follow the advice of previous posters an active diet and prayer. Hmmm i would say force yourself to walk or bike places. I got rid of my car and have to bike to work, but 500 lbs might be too much for that. There is hope! Do little things like the diet, distracting yourself with a hobby, and little excersizes.

The key to tackling anything is baby steps and keep moving forward. Don't be too tough on yourself but don't give up! No one is perfect if you fall get up! Keep moving forward! Keep moving forward! Keep moving forward and know that every step of the way Jesus is and will always be with you. Post here with updates we are your friends let your Christian Brothers and Sisters know how you're doing, and pray always Jesus is always your friend :) As am i feel free to message me whenever you want i check anywhere from daily - weekly at the least.

Reactions: David's Harp
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
indulge in gluttony because I eat a ridiculous amount of it
It is as bobryan has said, eat a sensible diet and eat it at the table with no tv, computers etc on.
Having eaten, put the food away.
Do join weight watchers or similar and attend there meetings.
To get exercise park a mile from work and walk that mile to work.
Don't eat at your desk, get up and eat somewhere else where you can concentrate on eating, then go for a walk.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,858.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Weight-loss drugs like Ozempic, Mounjaro, Wegovy gain popularity, effectiveness - The Washington Post

“Fasting and Wegovy”: Elon Musk uses new weight loss drug - The Mancunion

Intermittent Fasting - Busting the Myths Lecture | Jason Fung - YouTube

Weight Loss News

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟922,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Weight-loss drugs like Ozempic, Mounjaro, Wegovy gain popularity, effectiveness - The Washington Post

“Fasting and Wegovy”: Elon Musk uses new weight loss drug - The Mancunion

Intermittent Fasting - Busting the Myths Lecture | Jason Fung - YouTube

Weight Loss News

I'm talking to my Doctor tomorrow he was going to prescribe Ozempic but my insurance refused to pay for it because i dont have type 2 diabetes. He didn't want to consider the daily injection meds the last time I saw him but I'm going to try to talk him into them because my insurance might pay for them. I'm also hoping to in Janurary get back to Physical therapy.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

First things first, you have a desire for repentance from it, that is enough, and it is the first step. From a medical standpoint at your size, I imagine your stomach is huge and stretched far beyond the size of a normal stomach. From that alone, If you don't eat enough for your stomach to be satisfied, your brain will tell you you're still hungry even if you ate enough food to give your body the energy it needs. Your stomach will give you hunger pangs because there's not enough to fill you up. At this point, you have two choices. Eat a normal-sized meal and grin and bear the hunger pangs. Your stomach will eventually get used to it and maybe shrink down in size to a normal size. The other option is bariatric weight loss surgery, removing a good chunk of your stomach, leaving you with a small amount remaining.

Go to God in prayer each day and ask Him to be your guide - commit to follow His lead.

1. Exercise
2. Water
3. Sleep.
4. Eat the right food.
5. Don't watch tv/internet with food commercials

This is also something you should do right now in the immediate future. If you do look into bariatric weight loss surgery, they will have you start doing this before hand and put you on a strict diet because they really don't want to do the surgery on somebody who is not willing to take the necessary steps before hand that they'll have to do after the surgery anyways.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
God never lets us be tempted beyond what we can bear, because he gives a route of escape. This route of escape always involves trusting Him.

What comes to mind is: If you overcame other compulsions previously, the compulsion(s) may have transferred to the current sin, resulting in cumulative momentum.

I would recommend to focus on the obsessive/compulsive root to the issue instead of the behavior itself.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The word is true since God can not lie. No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. So many times it would seem we are stuck and it has more power then we do. Now temptation comes when? "Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow it gives birth to death". As in the wages of sin is death.

So many times we do not truly want out of that sin. Only until He knows its in our heart we truly want free. Faith. For you it can be simple for as God said to Sarah who was told at her age would have a child and the world knew it was impossible and what she over heard she laughed. God said "what is to hard for the lord?" So look at this temptation now look at your Father. See Him? One does wonder why He has such a HUGE grin huh. There is nothing to hard for Him and He gave you all power and authority over the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

He said OT NT anyone that calls on the name of the lord shall be delivered. I would put this under that. Say it.. believe what He said and He will do it. Ask Him knowing He hears you knowing He will answer to change you desires or what ever it is for you know. And to who ever you talk to that you find favor with the right one that will help you. Put your faith in that if that's all you can believe for :) KNOW He will help you no matter what you see hear or feel. Just trust Him

Reactions: David's Harp
Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,858.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm talking to my Doctor tomorrow he was going to prescribe Ozempic but my insurance refused to pay for it because i dont have type 2 diabetes. He didn't want to consider the daily injection meds the last time I saw him but I'm going to try to talk him into them because my insurance might pay for them. I'm also hoping to in Janurary get back to Physical therapy.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Your doctor shouldn't be prescribing Ozempic for weight loss, they should be prescribing Wegovy...which is the same thing, just the right brand name. It also comes in a higher dose of 2.4 mg as opposed to Ozempic's top dose of 2.0 MG. Prescribing semaglutide (the medicine name for both) under Ozempic is called off-label prescribing and shouldn't be done. This is also causing a shortage for diabetic patients that need the medication to manage their diabetes. I'm on it as a type 2 diabetic and haven't been able to get it for over a month because of this. Also, Wegovy and Ozempic cause terrible stomach issues that your body will eventually get used to but it is very bad when you first start and for several months afterward. As I said too, your body will get used to it. Eventually it will no longer be effective for weight loss so you will need to work on making the necessary lifestyle changes that will manage your weight after it stops being effective. I was about 250 when I started Ozempic to manage my diabetes. I got down to about 210, though I did also have COVID during this time at one point, so that helped. Unfortunately, I'm back up to 250.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
An eating disorder is just that, a disorder. Jesus commands us to not be afraid. But because of my Generalized Anxiety Disorder, I've suffered from uncontrollable fear. Medical intervention has helped me a lot with my disorder.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟46,483.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hi Neo, I think the advice of starting with the basics is good. Drinking plenty of fresh water and eating fruits and vegetables. But it sounds like it still is an addiction. The only way out is with God's help. By recognising the moment where the thought turns into action and bringing the Spirit and the Word into it you can let God help you with this. In fact when you rest in His presence, He will do the work by carrying this burden for you. (Psalm 55:22, Matthew 11:28)
There is something else I feel led to say here, though it may seem rather inconsequential. But have you tried substituting the food cravings for chewing gum - or something else (like licorice or ginger)? It may help as a distraction.
I will pray for you friend.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟922,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Neo, I think the advice of starting with the basics is good. Drinking plenty of fresh water and eating fruits and vegetables. But it sounds like it still is an addiction. The only way out is with God's help. By recognising the moment where the thought turns into action and bringing the Spirit and the Word into it you can let God help you with this. In fact when you rest in His presence, He will do the work by carrying this burden for you. (Psalm 55:22, Matthew 11:28)
There is something else I feel led to say here, though it may seem rather inconsequential. But have you tried substituting the food cravings for chewing gum - or something else (like licorice or ginger)? It may help as a distraction.
I will pray for you friend.

It is an addiction. My old doctor had me on some anti craving meds (whatever you call them) and they worked great at fighting my food cravings but they caused several panic attacks and my old doctor took me off them and said my next option would be injections. I'm trying to talk to my doctor into prescribing it but so far he's been adamant about putting me on them. He wants me to see a nutritionist instead but I'm trying to talk him into both. He's an elderly doctor in his early 80s and is only in a few times a week. I think with enough prodding he will probably prescribe something. I don't mind having to inject myself everyday. Thanks for your prayers.

Upvote 0

SamInNi

God's Riches At Christ's Expense
Jan 4, 2022
Ireland
Visit site
✟29,040.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
When a true believer in Christ suffers because of a bad habit, or an addiction, the solution will probably involve several stages. Professional support and loving care are essential.

But trusting God and His Word is crucial (and normal) in our daily walk with Christ. If our frustrations and suffering make us question God’s authority and lordship then our faith is messed up. We need to be spiritually restored.

You believe that “the Bible lies”. This rebellious complaint puts a harmful barrier between you and God. Such a heart attitude is a more serious problem than ongoing sinful habits. In fact it’s probably at the root of a more general problem that disrupts faith, discipline and spiritual stability.

When we are a spiritual and natural mess we need support from our family, friends and church fellowship. They can let us down, that’s true. But whatever we’re going through we must fight against the idea that God has failed in some way. That’s a lie.

Upvote 0