What's your Messianic Judaism affiliation?

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,720.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Most of those links don't teach a "gnostic only" approach to Galatians and also I note that most of them merely posit it as a theory. I don't think I would build a doctrine on that. I still think the most obvious is the best approach.

That is by far the prevailing thought. It of course, is not a known fact, but it is a reasonable position.

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟171,193.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Messianic Beijing was founded by David who is an American and whose father was a Jewish in Oct.2011. His background is Beth Tikkun Messianic Congregation in Ohio (http://bethtikkun.com/). I was born and now live in Beijing. And I was the only one Messianic fellow of David when he was in Beijing from Oct.2011 to July 2012. So now there is maybe no Messianic group in Beijing.

I have ever contact MJ Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, Pakistan etc. A little later Maybe I will meet a Messianic Japanese in Beijing. We plan to meet at Kehillat Beijing (http://www.sinogogue.org/), an international Jewish synagogue (reformed).

Upvote 0

613jono

Jan 6, 2016
Texas
✟8,053.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Is anyone attending a congregation that stance is different obligations for Jews and Gentiles in Torah but have came here and changed to one law for the sojourner but still attend the congregation maybe because there's no other congregation in your area?

Reason I'm asking is I think it's possible that one attends a congregation that the stance is similar to the UMJC but are not in agreement and come hear to express same obligations as Jews to the Torah. Which is ok as long as you're honest.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Messianic Beijing was founded by David who is an American and whose father was a Jewish in Oct.2011. His background is Beth Tikkun Messianic Congregation in Ohio (http://bethtikkun.com/). I was born and now live in Beijing. And I was the only one Messianic fellow of David when he was in Beijing from Oct.2011 to July 2012. So now there is maybe no Messianic group in Beijing.

I have ever contact MJ Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, Pakistan etc. A little later Maybe I will meet a Messianic Japanese in Beijing. We plan to meet at Kehillat Beijing (http://www.sinogogue.org/), an international Jewish synagogue (reformed).
Astounding and hoping your meeting is amazing :)

Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ambassador hat ON.jpg
This thread has gone way off topic.
If you'd like to discuss many of the other
rabbit trails that have come up
please start a new thread.
Please keep on topic of the OP
What's your Messianic Judaism affiliation?
Thank You

Ambassador hat OFF.jpg

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ok, my Ambassador hat didn't work so I've taken the time to edit this thread and have made three other threads as that is how many rabbit trails went off from this.

Please let's just keep this thread for answering the OP question,
that way it will serve as a good reference to know which MJ association our members are affiliated with or not.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is an update to my previous post.

DW and I have recently started attending a congregation in the Chosen People affiliation. So far they seem good, and the congregational leader (and his wife) wants to get together with us in a "get to know you" meeting.

I have a feeling that a recruitment pitch will be offered.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lulav said:
Fred have you tried going online? There are quite a few MJC that stream online, live or you can view on demand.
I'm working on a list to post and it kinda got on the back burner so thanks for reminding me!

You're right, there is something for Messianic Jews I can watch online. Still it is not the same as being with in person contact with Messianics. I am glad though that you will show such a list, and glad I reminded you.

Reactions: Hoshiyya
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, not affiliated with any particular group or organization. I'm a Christian with part Jewish ancestry who doesn't follow Mosaic Law, but who believes deeply that looking at the NT in light of Moses is vital for understanding salvation, discipleship, what Christ wants for us, and Scripture.

Reject Sola-Fide, and feel at home with Orthodox Christians. Worship at home.

Upvote 0

1John2:4

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You're right, there is something for Messianic Jews I can watch online. Still it is not the same as being with in person contact with Messianics. I am glad though that you will show such a list, and glad I reminded you.
I really like Corner Fringe Ministries, they have some wonderful video series. They are across the entire country from me or I would be there with bells on every Shabbat :)

• Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Fred have you tried going online? There are quite a few MJC that stream online, live or you can view on demand.

I'm working on a list to post and it kinda got on the back burner so thanks for reminding me!
Have you made that list yet?

Upvote 0