victoria
✟92,421.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God tells Cain to get out of Dodge and Cain starts freaking out , saying , " Surely You have driven me out this day from the face of the ground; I shall be hidden from Your face; I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond on the earth, and it will happen that anyone who finds me will kill me.”

Why does he think people want to kill him ?.......is he suffering from some kind of paranoid schizophrenia or something.
There is no record that anyone tried to kill him , and he even meets a woman and she doesn't kill him but becomes his wife.

So i'm thinking he must be delusional and God would know this too , because God knows the future and would have seen that nobody was going to kill Cain , so do you think it's possible that when God said , ]“Therefore, whoever kills Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.” And the Lord set a mark on Cain, lest anyone finding him should kill him.
God was simply catering to Cains paranoid mind and just told him this to make him feel better , meaning there was no actual mark.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
God tells Cain to get out of Dodge and Cain starts freaking out , saying , " Surely You have driven me out this day from the face of the ground; I shall be hidden from Your face; I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond on the earth, and it will happen that anyone who finds me will kill me.”

Why does he think people want to kill him ?.......is he suffering from some kind of paranoid schizophrenia or something.
There is no record that anyone tried to kill him , and he even meets a woman and she doesn't kill him but becomes his wife.

So i'm thinking he must be delusional and God would know this too , because God knows the future and would have seen that nobody was going to kill Cain , so do you think it's possible that when God said , ]“Therefore, whoever kills Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.” And the Lord set a mark on Cain, lest anyone finding him should kill him.
God was simply catering to Cains paranoid mind and just told him this to make him feel better , meaning there was no actual mark.
The penalty for committing murder is death, so the fact that he wasn't given the death penalty shows that he was not found guilty of committing murder, but rather the facts that he concerned about being avenged and that he was given protection show that he was treated in accordance with what would later be recorded in Deuteronomy 19 in regard to how to treat someone guilty of committing accidental manslaughter.

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Who knows how many people were even on the earth yet who could kill him? His Dad was the 1st man on earth!

But Cain recognized that once he had escaped from God's covering, he was exposed to the elements, much like casting off your warm coat on a high snow-covered mountain. You will instantly feel the threat from the cold.

Animals could be unleashed against Cain for his sin, though God was not vindictive. Cain was more worried about people because of what he himself was like--a murderer.

Reactions: John G.
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Cain experienced guilt and had no remorse for killing his brother. By Gods grace He assured him that he would provide him with temporary protection.

Seth and Cain established two lineages: the sons of God (lineage of seth) , and the sons of men (lineage of Cain). The two lineages needed to be established in order for prophecy to be fulfilled and provide to provide more understanding.

To my knowledge how Cain died is not recorded in Scripture.

He wasn't delusional ... he was disobedient.

Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,421.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ref to that Genesis 4:23-24
23 Then Lamech said to his wives:

“Adah and Zillah, hear my voice;

Wives of Lamech, listen to my speech!

For I have 2killed a man for wounding me,

Even a young man 3for hurting me.

24 tIf Cain shall be avenged sevenfold,

Then Lamech seventy-sevenfold.”

Looks like Lamech has got issues too.
Some how he seems to think Cains mark has transferred to him...

Upvote 0