What's up with Trudeaux?

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It doesn't look like the cartoonist thinks much of Barak:

db080227.gif

This strips from Wednesday is probably the most blatant tweak of the Illinois senator's message. Click here to see the whole week series.

IisJustMe

Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Remember what happened last time someone mocked a muslim god... ;) Just kidding! :sorry:

Here I should make a noise like, "snerkkkkphhhhfttt" or something to that effect. But I won't. That might indicate I approve of you comment.

Oh, heck with it ...

>>ahem<< OK ... getting self under control now ... >>ahem<< (sort of.)

Upvote 0

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Who is this cartoonist, and why does his opinion matter to me?

If Obama is going to be the Democratic nominee, which it appears he is, people from all over will be attacking him in this way, as it's going to be the only way they can attack him. His message is to stop the partisan fighting and games, and work together. So, everytime the Republicans pull their normal M.O., attacking him on false claims, making fun of him, or smearing hyim, Obama just will turn around and say "see, this is what I'm talking about".

A couple weeks of this, and the Right will have learned their lesson and stop. They will have to have a real debate on the issues, instead of smears, in this is one issue they will take up. I'm ready, and so is Obama's campaign.

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A couple weeks of this, and the Right will have learned their lesson and stop.

The joke's on you. Perhaps you should have answered your first question before you finished the post. Gary Trudeaux is one of the most liberal political cartoonists in the US, has been since he started Doonesbury (you have heard of Doonesbury haven't you?) in the 70's. That's why I titled this thread as I did -- this is a highly unusual storyline for him.
They will have to have a real debate on the issues, instead of smears, in this is one issue they will take up. I'm ready, and so is Obama's campaign.
I doubt it. Even the liberal media is starting to realize he hasn't been thoroughly vetted yet. Better fasten your seatbelts. You're in for a bumpy ride.

Upvote 0

3girls2dogs

Catholic
Aug 15, 2005
Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

If Obama is going to be the Democratic nominee, which it appears he is, people from all over will be attacking him in this way, as it's going to be the only way they can attack him. His message is to stop the partisan fighting and games, and work together. So, everytime the Republicans pull their normal M.O., attacking him on false claims, making fun of him, or smearing hyim, Obama just will turn around and say "see, this is what I'm talking about".

A couple weeks of this, and the Right will have learned their lesson and stop. They will have to have a real debate on the issues, instead of smears, in this is one issue they will take up. I'm ready, and so is Obama's campaign.
Dude, what country have you been living in?

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's the cartoon Doonsbury, it's one of the most popular comic strips ever and probably the most popular politically themed comic strip ever. AFAIK, the author of the comic is a liberal guy (granted, I don't read the comic, so I could be wrong about that), so in this case it's not a republican taking a shot at Obama.

Why his opinion matters to you? It doesn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums