What's the worse part of winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyLordIsMyLife

Loving my Heavenly Family
Aug 21, 2007
with my Lord and my Lady, most beautiful.
Visit site
✟10,508.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Black ice and 25 mph? You're speed demon! You're going to kill us all! Black ice means "park the car--find a ride or walk (better yet--stay home)" to me.

Stay home? Ugh, I hate doing that!!

but black ice is horrible I agree
and weak knees make it worse
I just want winter to be over!

-Love in Christ
Jonathan

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ya she sure is speedy Gonzalez at 25 mph on black ice. LOL. Most of the way home, i went from 10 mph to no greater than 20 mph. And i was praying like crazy at 10mph. Had i not been so far from home, I would of pulled over and had someone come and get me. But then again, they would be in the same danger i was.

Red wind huh? Well, we will get along just fine then! He He. :clap:

Upvote 0

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Paying $150.00 p/hr and up for prime time ice at the arena's(if its even available). A close second is paying $130.00 p/hr for ice time thats only available on 'some' week nights after 10 pm.

...and we have 4 arenas within 10 - 15 minutes of each other.... prolly another 15 arenas within a 30 minute drive.

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Paying $150.00 p/hr and up for prime time ice at the arena's(if its even available). A close second is paying $130.00 p/hr for ice time thats only available on 'some' week nights after 10 pm.

...and we have 4 arenas within 10 - 15 minutes of each other.... prolly another 15 arenas within a 30 minute drive.
It sure is an expensive sport isn't it? Glad I don't have any boys. Well I guess some girls play it now too though. My daughter can't ice skate. She had lessons through special Olympics, she wanted to try and learn with the potential to get a medal in it some day. But because of poor motor skills as well as poor balance, she couldn't quite get it. So she just happily tries something else. :) Glad it did not discourage her.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.