Status
Not open for further replies.

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
Actually you're right. It was ungracious of me, and I apologize. (Friday stress.) Sorry, Kisstheson.

The worst about winter.... Spending half an hour trying to warm my feet after I get into bed. (DON'T tell me I should get an electric blanket...)
actually I didn't take it as an insult. I thought you were absolutely right. It's very important to practice gratitude. So next time I sit on my cold toilet seat I'll try and remember what you said. :hug:

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
I have a foot massager that is fuzzy, soft and has a heating component in it. Got it as a gift for Christmas last year, and still am lovin it. Keeps my tootsies warm.:clap:
Well lets go to your place after we go to Dunkin Donuts. :D

I like the winte too.
I like the snow
I like the cold (Not bone chillin' cold)
I like when it gets dark early
I like candle light
I like the cozy feeling of going back the womb.

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
don't get me wrong, i think some of these are kind of funny, but the worst part for me about winter is hearing people complain about winter! i love all the seasons! i luv to sled and snowboard and ride snowmobiles and have snowball fights! but where i live we only really have two seasons: three months of summer and the rest is winter! so i also love to swim and jetski and play baseball and go 4 wheeling, but i do that in the winter too. we dont get much spring and fall though, just a day or two if we are lucky
Yeah-a!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Sphinx777

Nov 24, 2007
Bibliotheca Alexandrina
✟10,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Winter is one of the four seasons of temperate zones. Calculated astronomically, it begins on the solstice and ends on the equinox. It is the season with the shortest days and the lowest average temperatures. It has colder weather and, especially in the higher latitudes or altitudes, snow and ice. The coldest average temperatures of the season are typically experienced in January in the Northern Hemisphere and in July in the Southern Hemisphere.

download-free-desktop-wallpaper-winter-coldreception-jaxxon-pic.jpg

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Here's what I don't like about winter... that I have to walk from the Student Center to the Science Library for 15 minutes several times a day in the freezing cold. I dread having to make that journey yet again in a couple of hours :( LOL! they should make an underground tunnel or something ... :idea:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well lets go to your place after we go to Dunkin Donuts. :D

I like the winte too.
I like the snow
I like the cold (Not bone chillin' cold)
I like when it gets dark early
I like candle light
I like the cozy feeling of going back the womb.
You like wine too? :clap: What kind? Red or white?

I find myself often when I wake up at night in the fetal position. Guess I just want to be cuddled again. :)

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Here's what I don't like about winter... that I have to walk from the Student Center to the Science Library for 15 minutes several times a day in the freezing cold. I dread having to make that journey yet again in a couple of hours :( LOL! they should make an underground tunnel or something ... :idea:
I am with ya on that! Good thing the University Hosp. I work at has a lot of underground walking and bridge extensions.

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
hey i got one! and yes this is something i hate about winter...getting stuck in the ditch!!!!grrrrrrrr my car is sitting sideways cuz i slid into the stupid ditch! and now i have to wait until my friend gets home with his truck to get it out!!!
That is to funny. When I lived in CO, I got stuck daily.:doh: Our driveway was a half mile long, and all down hill as you were exiting.

I don't like BLACK ICE!!!!!!!! I didn't think I was going to make it home the other night with the freeway a complete sheet of black ice. It was a mess out there. Took me two hours to get home.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I hate when I'm sitting in my ice cold car shivering my butt off and talk radio is on and the far left global warming wacko's keep insisting we need to do something about global warming.
:D I got a chuckle cos you like winter. lol [i know what cha mean about freezing your butt off in the car. ]

I noticed they dont talk too much about global warming in the winter....only when its hot in the summer and ppl are sweating ...around here anyway.

But i hate it...give me summer!!!
But snow scene picture is so pretty!
:thumbsup: I love painting winter scenes...
Just hate having to be this involved in that sort of artwork. ;)

ie - i am ok if i am not 'into my art' that much. lol
hey i got one! and yes this is something i hate about winter...getting stuck in the ditch!!!!grrrrrrrr my car is sitting sideways cuz i slid into the stupid ditch! and now i have to wait until my friend gets home with his truck to get it out!!!
And yet another reason i hate winter.
That is to funny. When I lived in CO, I got stuck daily.:doh: Our driveway was a half mile long, and all down hill as you were exiting.

I don't like BLACK ICE!!!!!!!! I didn't think I was going to make it home the other night with the freeway a complete sheet of black ice. It was a mess out there. Took me two hours to get home.
:bbrr:

I HATE BLACK ICE - and i think you have to experience it to understand how very dangerous it is...you agree?

i go like 25 mph on a 55 mph road now. ...and ppl passing me make me worry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sphinx777

Nov 24, 2007
Bibliotheca Alexandrina
✟10,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Passing seasons change the habits and moods of people. During the winter months in the Northern Hemisphere, a gloominess (nicknamed "winter blues," "February blahs," or "holiday depression") or doldrums is informally noted amongst people. The severest cases of this type of depression are diagnosed as seasonal affective disorder (SAD). Symptoms include excess sleeping, tiredness, depression, and physical aches. Although causes include genetic disposition and stress, the prevailing environmental influence is decreased exposure to light because of the angle of the sun and cloud cover.

Some use winter to suggest death, as in Robert Frost's "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening." Some use it to suggest the absence of hope, as in C.S. Lewis' The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, where it was always winter but never Christmas. Winter is one concerto in Antonio Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons," and there are many examples of four paintings all showing the same scene in different seasons. Ursula K. LeGuin's novel The Left Hand of Darkness is set on a planet named Winter. In Alex Raymond's comic strip Flash Gordon, there is a land called Frigia, where it is always winter. The land of Frigia is also featured in the serial Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe. Other uses of winter in the graphic arts occur in Winsor McCay's Little Nemo in Slumberland. There are many films in which a winter setting plays an important role, Fargo being an example. Novels such as Ethan Frome also use a winter setting to mirror the bleak, frozen feelings that the characters harbor. The film Requiem for a Dream concludes with "Act III: Winter," in which the movie reaches its chilling climax.

In Greek mythology, Hades kidnapped Persephone to be his wife. Zeus ordered Hades to return her to Demeter, the goddess of the Earth and her mother. However, Hades tricked Persephone into eating the food of the dead, so Zeus decreed that Persephone would spend six months with Demeter and six months with Hades. During the time her daughter is with Hades, Demeter became depressed and caused winter. In Welsh mythology, Gwyn ap Nudd abducted a maiden named Creiddylad. On May Day, her lover, Gwythr ap Greidawl, fought Gwyn to win her back. The battle between them represented the contest between summer and winter.

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
i go like 25 mph on a 55 mph road now. ...and ppl passing me make me worry.

Black ice and 25 mph? You're speed demon! You're going to kill us all! Black ice means "park the car--find a ride or walk (better yet--stay home)" to me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.