All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
sitting on a cold toilet seat. brrrrrrrrr...

Your turn...:D
Mine is always toasty warm. he He.^_^:p

No seriously though, running outside to start the car to get it warm and pumping my own gas. Wish we still had full service station. Hay, maybe I can get my BF to fill up my tank every other week or so. (Well, then again he probably wouldn't).

What I love most about winter, is watching the snow fall, with a wood stove fired up, being all snuggled up in a blanket on the couch either reading a good book, or watching a good old flick. Haven't been able to do that this winter, because i no longer have a wood stove. My condo is to small.:cry:

Upvote 0

Globalnomad

Senior Veteran
Apr 2, 2005
Change countries every three years
✟16,257.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sitting in a 10° apartment because you cannot pay your heating bills out of your $50 State pension. That's what is happening to millions of old people in the ex-Soviet bloc.

That's just to make you stop worrying about a cold toilet seat. Count your blessings!

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sitting in a 10° apartment because you cannot pay your heating bills out of your $50 State pension. That's what is happening to millions of old people in the ex-Soviet bloc.

That's just to make you stop worrying about a cold toilet seat. Count your blessings!

I think she counts her blessings all the time. I do too. I have been there many times. That is why my wood stove was such a joy for me, and I was sure grateful to have it. There were times I could not even afford a gallon of milk. So I know all to well the road of hunger and cold.

I think this thread was meant to be uplifting, and have a thankfulness and joy in every situation. Although I admit it is really hard sometimes. But in the joy is where you truly find the face of Christ Jesus. Peace to you.

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I just took my daughter to the bus stop, waited for the bus (no bus)...Came back to the house, called the bus garage...No school today...Glanced at the solar temp thingy I have for outdoors on my wall...And :eek: :eek: :eek: it's -9 outside. :bbrr::bbrr:

Definitely the worst part of winter is this extreme cold. It doesn't happen often that the temp goes this low. In fact I cant remember the last time it dropped like this.

:doh:We could of slept in...I don't have to work today. Oh well, I guess this will be a mom and daughter day. :angel:

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The worst part - is that it happens.
[And effects others as well as myself] :bbrr:

Did I mention - i hate snow - i hate winter.
Its pretty - but like anything pleasant to see - it has its venom.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Running out the door with no coat because either "it'll only be a second" or simply because of forgetting, and finding out that a coat was really necessary.

Oh, and the dark short days. (Think there's even a depressive disorder because of those. The disorder is called SAD.)

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The worst part - is that it happens.
[And effects others as well as myself] :bbrr:

Did I mention - i hate snow - i hate winter.
Its pretty - but like anything pleasant to see - it has its venom.
Awe, I am so sorry. But your sig pic is so lovely.

Did I tell you that I love winter and the snow :p (I really do)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2Cosmic2Charlie

Crows.

Ok, they're tough - sitting in the top of a sixty foot tree in a 20 mile an hour wind at 15 degrees below zero like it doesn't bother them.

But after the song birds have packed up and headed south and before the Cardinals amble back from wherever they amble to in November, the crows think they OWN the place.

Packs of roaming crow, cruising about in large, aggressive, noisy groups like a bunch of black leather motorcyclers on a drunken tear through a small town in Nevada hassling the House Sparrows, Krestals and Red Hawks and just generally being discourtious to every living thing in the path.

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Crows.

Ok, they're tough - sitting in the top of a sixty foot tree in a 20 mile an hour wind at 15 degrees below zero like it doesn't bother them.

But after the song birds have packed up and headed south and before the Cardinals amble back from wherever they amble to in November, the crows think they OWN the place.

Packs of roaming crow, cruising about in large, aggressive, noisy groups like a bunch of black leather motorcyclers on a drunken tear through a small town in Nevada hassling the House Sparrows, Krestals and Red Hawks and just generally being discourtious to every living thing in the path.
I see you really are easily amused.^_^ (your avatar sig)

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Awe, I am so sorry. But your sig pic is so lovely.

Did I tell you that I love winter and the snow :p (I really do)
:eek:

Well - as i said - looks pretty - but we know looks are not everything. :p
Crows.

They symbolize death - maybe because they not only live off of death [Ewww]
But they are the symbol of dying when it is Autumn time and harvesting.

They are bossy all year long really. And eat the new crops as they are planted. Trying to usurp life sustaining food. :holy:

No wonder you see them as the choice pet in the cartoon characters who are evil.

Reactions: isabella1
Upvote 0

Globalnomad

Senior Veteran
Apr 2, 2005
Change countries every three years
✟16,257.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think she counts her blessings all the time. I do too. I have been there many times. That is why my wood stove was such a joy for me, and I was sure grateful to have it. There were times I could not even afford a gallon of milk. So I know all to well the road of hunger and cold.

I think this thread was meant to be uplifting, and have a thankfulness and joy in every situation. Although I admit it is really hard sometimes. But in the joy is where you truly find the face of Christ Jesus. Peace to you.
Actually you're right. It was ungracious of me, and I apologize. (Friday stress.) Sorry, Kisstheson.

The worst about winter.... Spending half an hour trying to warm my feet after I get into bed. (DON'T tell me I should get an electric blanket...)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
P

pingypoo

don't get me wrong, i think some of these are kind of funny, but the worst part for me about winter is hearing people complain about winter! i love all the seasons! i luv to sled and snowboard and ride snowmobiles and have snowball fights! but where i live we only really have two seasons: three months of summer and the rest is winter! so i also love to swim and jetski and play baseball and go 4 wheeling, but i do that in the winter too. we dont get much spring and fall though, just a day or two if we are lucky

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Actually you're right. It was ungracious of me, and I apologize. (Friday stress.) Sorry, Kisstheson.

The worst about winter.... Spending half an hour trying to warm my feet after I get into bed. (DON'T tell me I should get an electric blanket...)
I have a foot massager that is fuzzy, soft and has a heating component in it. Got it as a gift for Christmas last year, and still am lovin it. Keeps my tootsies warm.:clap:

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
don't get me wrong, i think some of these are kind of funny, but the worst part for me about winter is hearing people complain about winter! i love all the seasons! i luv to sled and snowboard and ride snowmobiles and have snowball fights! but where i live we only really have two seasons: three months of summer and the rest is winter! so i also love to swim and jetski and play baseball and go 4 wheeling, but i do that in the winter too. we dont get much spring and fall though, just a day or two if we are lucky
I'm with you sister!

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
Crows.

You got the loudest laugh! :D^_^ too funny!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.