What would you like to be written on your tombstone?

Spirit_Star

Dec 14, 2008
USA
✟8,107.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm never really thought about it. I don’t want something fancy; I see no reason to spend thousands of dollars on headstone or a casket. A plain pine box. On it would be name,

Full Name
Friend of all Creatures
Quote of some kind
May 3, 1983 – 20xx

I’ve even thought of just being cremated and spreading my ashes somewhere in nature. We go once a year to place flowers on families graves mom’s side of the family (her dad, grandparents, etc) mom mostly does it for grandma (will be 91 this year) I’m not sure we will still do it once she has passed but we may. I don’t mind going, I have actually always liked cemeteries, like to look at the names, dates, imagine how people passed.

I guess if I ever had children and they desperately wanted me buried I may think about it. Hopefully I would have raised them to understand that there is no true death, just this physical body has passed and we will be together again in spirit. I can understand some people wanting their passing to be joyous, they have returned home. Earth is not our home its more a vacation, sometimes we a here a long time, sometimes short. Yet even 100+ years here is probably but a blink on the otherside.

I also would donated my organs if they could be used.

Upvote 0

SAMMISPARROW

Dec 26, 2010
✟8,261.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm never really thought about it. I don’t want something fancy; I see no reason to spend thousands of dollars on headstone or a casket. A plain pine box. On it would be name,

Full Name
Friend of all Creatures
Quote of some kind
May 3, 1983 – 20xx

I’ve even thought of just being cremated and spreading my ashes somewhere in nature. We go once a year to place flowers on families graves mom’s side of the family (her dad, grandparents, etc) mom mostly does it for grandma (will be 91 this year) I’m not sure we will still do it once she has passed but we may. I don’t mind going, I have actually always liked cemeteries, like to look at the names, dates, imagine how people passed.

I guess if I ever had children and they desperately wanted me buried I may think about it. Hopefully I would have raised them to understand that there is no true death, just this physical body has passed and we will be together again in spirit. I can understand some people wanting their passing to be joyous, they have returned home. Earth is not our home its more a vacation, sometimes we a here a long time, sometimes short. Yet even 100+ years here is probably but a blink on the otherside.

I also would donated my organs if they could be used.

Cemetaries are a very peaceful place to visit, I have always found !:angel:

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
What would you like to be written on your tombstone?

Also would you like to have a fancy looking one?

In everything she did and said she endeavored to give glory to God.

I don't care if it's fancy or not.

Upvote 0
L

l0v3n

Looking at this from an anthropological stand point...

Isn't it interesting that we as Christians believe that we are free from the reins of death so that results in silly/serious musings about our own deaths in relation to the name of our gravestones. Would you think that persons who believed differently then that would hold more melancholy musings on their gravestones? My two cents. =P

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

waves16

don't provoke the beavers
Dec 20, 2010
Canada
✟17,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't think I'd like to have a tombstone, per se. I'd like to have as much of my body as possible donated, and then cremated. But I would like to have my ashes scattered around a tree, so that my family could have somewhere to visit. Maybe just have a small plaque on the tree with my name, date of birth and death, and:

Heaven, the treasury of everlasting joy.
(shakespeare)

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am adamantly opposed to having a tombstone. I will rise up from the grave and slap people if they even think of burying me as opposed to disposing of my body in the cheapest way possible. It still rankles me how much my parents' funerals cost and I can't bear to saddle anyone else with that burden.

Donate my body to science and any leftovers, go throw them in an abandoned gas station.

Upvote 0