Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Honestly I have never really thought about things like that at all. As silly as this will undoubtably sound, I don't think it's ever gone beyond imagining myself and the future Lady Knight of my dreams cuddling in some endless field of flowers for our pre or post-marriage dates. ^_^

However, I do think @TheLastGeek really does have the right idea for first (and perhaps even second and third) date settings. As she said above:

In anything, on the one date I've ever been on myself, it took place at a coffee shop. ^_^
Be amused then, for I have never had a coffee shop date in my whole life! Probably because I never touched coffee in any form until recent years, lol. Now I love the stuff!

Upvote 0

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, that's cool! Perhaps you could check out some of her suggestions later on since your thoughts seem to match up!

I haven't really done the whole coffee date thing myself, mainly beause I'm not a usual coffee drinker. But I can imagine it being cozy!
Get some hot chocolate then! Or tea? :hrelax:

Reactions: Plenipotent
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟995,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is the sweetest thing I've seen all day! :twohearts: Are there actually men who WANT to cuddle? :bigeye:

Well, sure, Miss Geek. Why wouldn't we (guys in general, I mean)? :ahem:

fb0d42a746c30f41f8b56615b02650b4.jpg

Upvote 0

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Cemeteries are peaceful and romantic.
Oh are they? :smirk: I'm going to have to reflect on this for a bit of time.

Peaceful because there's no one around most of the time? Romantic is a real puzzler for me, but the thoughts I have on it have got me cackling, so I appreciate the input!

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh are they? :smirk: I'm going to have to reflect on this for a bit of time.

Peaceful because there's no one around most of the time? Romantic is a real puzzler for me, but the thoughts I have on it have got me cackling, so I appreciate the input!

Lol.. depends on the time of day and weather I guess. I was picturing a nice sunny afternoon. It'd be much different if it was at night.. or stormy.

I've always found cemeteries peaceful. Pretty grass.. something about being surrounded by death.. reminds me that.. no matter how hard life gets.. good or bad everything will cease to be.. including all my troubles. I think that's the big reason I find it peaceful. Romantic? I have a harder time pinpointing why. I've never considered myself goth or anything.. but there is something in at least some humans who find it romantic.

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Lol.. depends on the time of day and weather I guess. I was picturing a nice sunny afternoon. It'd be much different if it was at night.. or stormy.

I've always found cemeteries peaceful. Pretty grass.. something about being surrounded by death.. reminds me that.. no matter how hard life gets.. good or bad everything will cease to be.. including all my troubles. I think that's the big reason I find it peaceful. Romantic? I have a harder time pinpointing why. I've never considered myself goth or anything.. but there is something in at least some humans who find it romantic.
Well I appreciate you expanding on it! I think the peaceful aspect is a really nice way to look at it!

• Friendly
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm absolutely a cuddler myself. I think a movie night at home cuddling, holding hands, just watching something together would be perfect for me (in a gentlemanly way of course.)

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm absolutely a cuddler myself. I think a movie night at home cuddling, holding hands, just watching something together would be perfect for me (in a gentlemanly way of course.)
Ah, but now it begs the question! What kind of movies?

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You wouldn't object in the slightest if she wanted some uber-cheesy rom-com like, say, The Notebook?
Hey now, my brother is one of the toughest men I know, and he loves that movie. :tearsofjoy: I've still never seen it, but he says it's a really good movie.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever seen The Believer? It's kind of like the notebook. And it stars Ryan Gosling too.

Probably make a good cuddling movie too.
Nope. Never seen that either. :eyes: Now I'm going to need to watch these two movies. Mayhaps I shall do so tomorrow if I have time.

But movies and cuddling is certainly not a bad date situation!

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nope. Never seen that either. :eyes: Now I'm going to need to watch these two movies. Mayhaps I shall do so tomorrow if I have time.

But movies and cuddling is certainly not a bad date situation!

Lol.

I love the Believer, but it's one of the most disturbing yet thought provoking films I have ever seen.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You wouldn't object in the slightest if she wanted some uber-cheesy rom-com like, say, The Notebook?
Gilmore Girls is one of my favorite shows, so prolly not lol. I enjoy that stuff haha

Upvote 0