Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a poser nerd/geek/dork

I'm not intelligent enough to be a geek, not awkward enough to be a dork and not obsessed enough to fit with the nerds.

*sigh* I just stand on the edge with my glasses on and hold up my three laptops as a way to gain entrance into those various clubs. But I am a fraud :nooo:

Reactions: Stravinsk
Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can carry heavy theological/philosophical discussion with no problem.. then stand up and hit my head on the light..

Same here. In fact, I have done.

Also the fact that I would rather have said discussions than... well, pretty much anything else. I don't watch TV, I rarely play video games or sports. "Fun" for me is sharing and gaining information and philosophical insight.

Upvote 0

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Same here. In fact, I have done.

Also the fact that I would rather have said discussions than... well, pretty much anything else. I don't watch TV, I rarely play video games or sports. "Fun" for me is sharing and gaining information and philosophical insight.

^_^ How funny, I totally didn't see this before I posted! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

lindseyk3

I can't understand life without Him.
Nov 6, 2007
Atlanta, GA USA
Visit site
✟7,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a social work nerd meaning that I can turn any casual, light-hearted conversation into a profound discussion about an intense social issue and quote various theories supporting my argument.

I also would much rather watch an action flick or a documentary than pretty much anything else. I can't stand watching "normal" television for more than a couple minutes. When I do watch TV, I only want to watch History channel, Discovery channel, TCM or anything educational.

I will correct your grammar/spelling/pronunciation, etc. in a hot minute.

I'm also only attracted to nerds. (idk if you have to be a nerd to be attracted to one, but I believe you must have some nerdy tendencies at least)

I wear glasses and I'm asthmatic.

I love Georgia Tech with a passion.

So, idk, you tell me...does all that make me a nerd or just an oddball?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IreneAdler

more binah in her finger than in your whole body
Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I love virology and epidemiology (this is hard to bring in to discussions with most people)

I've gotten comments about the words I use (being too "advanced")

I'm kinda socially awkward and clutzy which makes me look more awkard

My thought process doesn't follow most people's so it's hard to say things that are appropriate in all conversations (I'm much more skilled in written communication than verbal)

I am disinterested in most things like t.v. shows and gossip

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, I'm a huge fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000 and the reviewers on ThatGuyWiththeGlasses. I think only nerds like that stuff. :)

If the disgusted looks I get from my non-nerd friends in response to my attempts at exposing them to MST3K and Channel Awesome are any indication, I would say that's the case.

Upvote 0

SplendidTree

Legend
Aug 8, 2009
✟53,000.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
People have told me I am a nerd/geek/dork for the following reasons.

I sometimes speak Yoda speak.

I love video games, especially World of Warcraft. I get giddy talking about World of Warcraft.

People say my glasses add to me being one. I quite like my glasses thank you! lol

I love computers (but am not smart with them).

The way I laugh over everything... and for longer than most people.

My corny sense of humor.

I talk to my cats.

Upvote 0

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Oh, let me count the ways....

I have at one time or another played D&D, Palladium, Cyberpunk, Warhammer, (fantasy and 40k), Lord of the Rings, Cars Wars (pre-Gurps), TMNT, Rifts, Shadowrun, and Ogre. There are more, but they all kind of run together.

I can point out the liberties taken with the continuity of most super hero movies. Even Jonah Hex.

I have enough spare parts for at least two desktop systems in my closet. Including monitors. And I still have over 200 feet of various phone cords. I have not had a land line in 3 years.

I once got into a weeks long argument with my best friend because I think that Star Wars is a rip off of King Arthur. Even though I still love it enough to have Darth Vader tattooed onto my body.

I get excited, even to the point of scheduling a day off from work, when a new fantasy title from a beloved series or author hits the shelves.

I always have at least two books going at the same time. One is always non-fiction. Usually science related.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I watch House, Eureka, Warehouse 13, Star Trek, Stargate Sg-1, Twilight Zone (original), Outer Limits (original), Boris Karloff's films, I watch Alfred Hitcock "presents" and "hour", . . . .

I am a geek/nerd. Deal with it.

Upvote 0