Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This isn't the first time someone standing firm for biblical truth has been accused of fear mongering, or some other such nonsense.

Matt 5:11-12

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
KJV

Upvote 0

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I thought HE died for our sins.

There are many Bibles that couldn't be any clearer, but when I hear those words spoken, usually meaning of the word "understood" is: to make the words sound more comfortable to my itchy ears.:)

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

He did, but that is excluded from todays lango - to serve the masses while Satan cleverly leads them to Hell, deceiving and being deceived. But it will never be excluded from GOD'S WORD:

Matt 24:35

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
KJV

You can get more insight by looking up each word in the Greek, but if you do the same with The Message you won't get the same understanding but a distorted version which misses the mark of God, but is hand in hand with Satan.

Upvote 0

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
you misspelled nonsense. :hahaha:

That which is flesh is flesh. Jesus came that we would by His Spirit be led to put to death the deeds of our flesh. Put it to death Twiggy so that you might live in Christ and not outside of Him.

Upvote 0

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My dear sister, are you being rational and in touch with Spiritual reality, when we explain anything we do so with commonsense. So what real point are you making.

Anyway, my dear sister the thread isn't to convert you, but to warn those who believe that The Message ISN'T a great tool of TRUTH, when in fact it's a book of distortions, misrepresentation, and watered-down version of His Word, and that it isn't a "BIBLE" that Rick Warren referred to as in his Purpose Driven Life!

yes prophets warn - a lot.

Upvote 0

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:sigh: Mate, I know what she said, and I've been out of my box for a long time, and that is why I am prepared to teach the TRUTH, and not some watered-down version that is ten times weaker than MILK.

If you are being fed MEAT that's great, so burn The message you don't need it, to find the TRUTH of HIS INSPIRED WORD.

If you think that the "corruptible seed" that is has been sown from The Message will just disappear, because you believe that you are on the good side, well mate it won't.

I am already seeing that "corruptible seed" being displayed by those who are determined to tell all that it isn't what it really is. Just by doing so indicates that they may be still conformed to the wold, and haven't transformed their Christian life by renewing their minds with HIS INSPIRED WORD.

*red

see Twiggy, I didn't laugh at mate. I clearly understood by is misspelled word. No problem. The point is when instructions are being said where Satan says, like in The Message, "has God said?" and then He gives his own understanding. That is exactly how The Message is. Deal with it and be warned you all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
*red

see Twiggy, I didn't laugh at mate. I clearly understood by is misspelled word. No problem. The point is when instructions are being said where Satan says, like in The Message, "has God said?" and then He gives his own understanding. That is exactly how The Message is. Deal with it and be warned you all.
You did not answer my question.

Upvote 0

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is out of a great concern for the readers of "the message" that we are speaking out. People are claiming that it has been helpful in understanding Scripture or "letting the ideas sink in". Our concerns are honest and heartfelt because "the message" changes too many things, in far too many cases it is presenting something entirely different than what God intended us to find in Scripture and the danger is very real. We certainly do not want to squash anyones faith, we are trying to encourage the protection and strengthing of that faith by pointing to Truth and showing errors in the light of that Truth. To ignore the very real danger would be a most unloving act.

Exactly. It would be falling short of the 2nd table of The Law: Love your neighbor as yourself.

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree,

I can see your not working it out with any fear or trembling or you would be warning others as well.

God has actually given you a strong delusion that you might believe a lie

That's what I thought.

Reactions: Alpine
Upvote 0

Alpine

Resident Sojourner
Sep 19, 2005
Wisconsin
✟25,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
traditional meaning: Rational, factual study and analysis.

misleading stated meaning:
Teaching students to think for themselves.

Real meaning (New Paradigm):
Criticizing and challenging traditional beliefs, values and authorities. Often uses ridicule, intimidation and rejection to conform children to the new paradigm.

traditional meaning: Factual, rational thinking.

Apply, analyze, synthesize, evaluate.

Analyzing, synthesizing, and applying information based on politically correct sets of opinions and facts.

traditional meaning: Resolving conflicts.

Learning to settle disputes peacefully.

Learning to synthesize beliefs and trade old absolute beliefs and values for compromise positions and a new set of absolutes.

traditional meaning: Agreement through facilitated group discussion.

Seeking mutual understanding on a given subject.

Reaching a predetermined outcome through facilitated dialogue, often by ignoring, labeling, intimidating, ridiculing, or ignoring any form of dissent.

traditional meaning: The writer or speaker's normal, intended meaning.

Learning to read and write in a relevant, meaningful context.

Student gives his own expression and meaning to text, rather than learning to extract meaning of author. Accuracy and literacy fade in this process of standardizing human capital.

Sad as it is, this thread has no traditional meaning whatsoever, which has been destroyed by misleading patterns and meanings, and then dealt with accordingly by the modern emerging church new paradigm of practicality, irrational thinking, lack of being in touch with reality, and the lack of commonsense.

Thanks for your fellowship, and may our Lord Jesus Christ bless you all.

Reading this site huh? http://www.crossroad.to/charts/NewMeanings.html.
Oops, just realized someone beat me to the punch.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
the-Message.jpg

The sky is falling!

Disney-Chicken-Little-Sky-Falling.jpg

Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have stated all along that The Message is not a Bible translation, but only a personal interpretation of Eugene Peterson with his own agenda in mind, through the new emerging church paradigm.

Peterson claims that he consulted the ancient text, and is retelling the message of the Bible, verse by verse, in everyday, colloquial English, but only according to his own understanding of each verse of the Bible, and not HIS MESSAGE.

Now he does a rather good job of what is called “proof-texting” with his own agenda in mind, and the new emerging church’s agenda. Those who study His Living Inspired Word know that Eugene’s theological leanings get in the way of “TRUTH” and fails to reveal the real truth of His Living Inspired Word, because he deletes most important phrases that are the clutch pin of “Christian Living”, and his interpretation has no real meaning to such a life.

SIN and REPENTANCE is missing completely!

The Message doesn’t fit into any category of a basis of John 8:32, “TRUTH that you will know the truth that sets you free.”

The Message’s story is appealing to the new emerging church’s paradigm; new Christians; and those wayside, stony, and thorny Christians who prefer to remain half-hearted and lukewarm, filling their appetite space of their “comfort zone” with “milk” and not “meat”, and don’t want to be disturbed, or woken up from their ‘corruptible seed” fantasy world, to the “incorruptible seed” of TRUTH!

There are so many verses that are only mere interpretation, with no direct meaning to the Greek or Hebrew text, and greatly differ from any translation or commentary that confirms the Greek and Hebrew text.

Eugene presents a non-accurate, theologically biased, and a distorted, misrepresented, and watered-down understanding of the ancient texts, and the claims that he writes it in everyday English, and Eugene’s agenda is fulfilled by his paradigm. No wonder Amos 8:11 is becoming true today:

NKJV: “‘Behold, the days are coming’, says the Lord GOD, ‘That I will send a famine on the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.’”

The Message: “‘Oh yes, Judgment Day is coming!” These are the words of my Master God. ‘I'll send a famine through the whole country. It won't be food or water that's lacking, but my Word. People will drift from one end of the country to the other, roam to the north, wander to the east. They'll go anywhere, listen to anyone, hoping to hear God's Word—but they won't hear it.’”

Did our Lord say that “Judgement Day is coming”? Another new age term: “master god”? When did our “LORD” all of a sudden become a “master god”? Where did our LORD say that we would drift from one end of the country to listen?

These very words show exactly what I have been saying how Eugene distorts, misrepresents, adds, deletes, and waters-down His Living Inspired Word.

Actually Amos 8:11 are being proved by Eugene Peterson’s book, The Message!

As I have said on a number of times, why did he delete any references to “Lord Jesus” and “Lord Jesus Christ”? Why did he omit most references to the word “Lord”? Why does he use the new age term for our Lord Jesus Christ with “Master Jesus”, which appears in no translations whatsoever?

There is an agenda behind The Message.

Answer those questions with a rational, factual study and breakdown of those reasons, and not criticise and challenge traditional and factual truth and facts with reality and certainty, and the values of His Word without being felt ridiculed, intimidated and rejected just to conform to the new paradigm that is being fed to the Body of Christ through such books that desecrate His Living Inspired Word?

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
As I have said on a number of times, why did he delete any references to “Lord Jesus” and “Lord Jesus Christ”? Why did he omit most references to the word “Lord”? Why does he use the new age term for our Lord Jesus Christ with “Master Jesus”, which appears in no translations whatsoever?

:scratch:

Lord = Master

They're synonyms. They mean the same thing.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
:scratch:

Lord = Master

Interesting, but "master" in my English context means: "one who has the power of controlling, using, or disposing of something".

The only "Jesus" I know is our "Lord Jesus Christ", and I can assure you that "master jesus" doesn't mean "Lord", or "Lord Jesus", or "Lord Jesus Christ". Interesting!:)

The interesting thing, why did Eugene change the real meaning of HIS NAME to a new age name?

The Master Jesus [1] [1] is Jesus as understood by the metaphysical system of Theosophy as opposed to the Jesus Christ of the Christian religion.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Lord = Master

They are both translations of the Greek κύριος (kyrios). For several reasons, "Lord" is a better translation than "Master" in my opinion, but "Master" is valid. See Strong's Greek Dictionary here.

The Master Jesus [1] [1] is Jesus as understood by the metaphysical system of Theosophy as opposed to the Jesus Christ of the Christian religion.

Now you're calling Eugene Peterson a theosophist? That sounds like bearing false witness to me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.