Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As First Corinthians was not only written for the Corinthians but for the entire Church then's Pauls strong desire that the Corinthians and the entire Church should pray in tongues and prophecy (14:5) and seek the Operations of the Spirit (12:31) are no less valid than they were for the Church of the first three centuries.

Paul specifically wrote to Corinthians with their problems in response to for and against certain activities over there after he left. One has to be extremely careful to apply his remarks universally!

He was all the time referring to the person's spirit rather than the Holy Spirit. Changing the case of the letter for involving the Holy Spirit will not serve the purpose in knowing the truth!

1 Corinthians 14
32 and the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets;

Does this mean that you refuse to be involved in the Lord's Table as First Corinthians is the only place where he discusses Communion and most importantly that some were treating this time of fellowship with a degree of contempt?

You mean Corinthians were asked to learn about communion after Paul left? Were they totally ignorant when Paul was there for one and a half years? What happened to common meal that was a practice in Jerusalem?

I guess that your Bible must be pretty light as you have undoubtedly also dismissed Ephesians (4:11; 6:18) and Thessalonians (1Thes 5:20) along with First John (4:1) Jude (Jde 1:20). As for Acts where the Saints both praised God in the Spirit and prophesied, tell me, have you torn this book out of your Bible yet?

I consider all writings in the light of the Gospel. I reject extrapolated theories and concepts that are not supported by the preaching of Jesus and the chosen apostles.

Why do we seek to walk in the Spirit by allowing ourselves to be open to the Operations of the Holy Spirit and to outwork his Presence in and through us - I wonder?

This is noway related to speaking in unknown tongue.

Are you saying that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to be despised, is the Spirit himself to be despised? Why do you regail against the New Covenant with its provision of the 8 Congregational Offices (12:28) that we are told the Father himself established within the local congregation? As for me, I am more than happy as a child of God to receive from the Spirit whatever he has for me where I will leave the cessationist to walk in his own strength and understanding.

As to why we desire to be able to minister the Fathers love to our brothers and sisters by being able to minister healing, prophecy, encouragement etc through the Power of the Spirit - I wonder!

1 Cor. 12:28 is not supported by the preaching of Jesus. For example, There were only 12 apostles; that includes Matthias who replaced Judas Iscariot. There cannot be teachers because there is only Teacher, that is, Jesus Christ, etc.

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No - the fruit grows as a RESULT of salvation. The tree has to be planted and living before it produces any fruit.

Mere planting and living will not guarantee the fruit. Please read John 15:1,2. For sure it is the fruit that guarantees salvation.

The gifts have many reasons - only one of which is "help for witnessing Jesus Christ." 1 Cor 12-14 says they are for the BODY to build itself up. That is ENTIRELY within the community of believers.

One should witness the preaching of Jesus. How many are doing it? How many are willing to endure the suffering to the end? All are preaching 'ear tickling' theories based on rank outsiders!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mere planting and living will not guarantee the fruit. Please read John 15:1,2. For sure it is the fruit that guarantees salvation.
What do you mean "guarantees salvation?" One must have the indwelt Spirit in order to produce proper Spiritual fruit. If you are not indwelt by the Spirit (salvation) you cannot bear fruit. As to a guarantee, you can choose to remove yourself from salvation at any point.

One should witness the preaching of Jesus. How many are doing it? How many are willing to endure the suffering to the end? All are preaching 'ear tickling' theories based on rank outsiders!
You are completely ignoring what I wrote about 1 Cor 12-14. Body ministry is NOT preaching. But it is a vital function that you seem to be ignoring.

1 Cor 12.7 But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.

FYI: The majority of New Covenant scriptures are about how to live AFTER you are saved; NOT about how to get saved. If the latter is all you concentrate on (unless you have a proven ministry gifting of evangelist) then you are missing most of what the New Testament is all about.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I consider all writings in the light of the Gospel. I reject extrapolated theories and concepts that are not supported by the preaching of Jesus and the chosen apostles. . .
1 Cor. 12:28 is not supported by the preaching of Jesus. For example, There were only 12 apostles; that includes Matthias who replaced Judas Iscariot. There cannot be teachers because there is only Teacher, that is, Jesus Christ, etc.
This makes sense. Over the years I've come across many who are essentially Old Covenant "Christians" or who maybe see Jesus merely as a good man who had a few good teachings. As these people have essentially chosen to keep themselves outside of the Gospel and the Body of Christ then the Christian Faith (the Good News) can certainly be a struggle for them.

Remember, this is both a Pentecostal and a Christian forum so maybe your time here has now come to an end.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You are completely ignoring what I wrote about 1 Cor 12-14. Body ministry is NOT preaching. But it is a vital function that you seem to be ignoring.
Don't forget, our friend has admitted that he rejects the Scriptures and therefore the Authority behind them.

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What about Barnabas and Paul?

Barnabas, Paul and James were not apostles. Paul's had self-claim and Luke went by secular definition for an apostle without understanding the spiritual aspect of apostleship as designated by Jesus!

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Barnabas, Paul and James were not apostles. Paul's had self-claim and Luke went by secular definition for an apostle without understanding the spiritual aspect of apostleship as designated by Jesus!
Oh dear....!

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean "guarantees salvation?" One must have the indwelt Spirit in order to produce proper Spiritual fruit. If you are not indwelt by the Spirit (salvation) you cannot bear fruit. As to a guarantee, you can choose to remove yourself from salvation at any point.

Yes, strictly speaking, you are right. Our theories do not guarantee salvation! Only God will decide finally. Jesus will help us in that regard. I don't buy the 'ear tickling' theory that 'once saved is always saved'! We have the free will either to endure till the end or walk away anytime!

1 Cor 12.7 But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.

FYI: The majority of New Covenant scriptures are about how to live AFTER you are saved; NOT about how to get saved. If the latter is all you concentrate on (unless you have a proven ministry gifting of evangelist) then you are missing most of what the New Testament is all about.

The New Testament is monopolized by rank outsiders. No wonder it ignores the preaching of Jesus to their own destruction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This makes sense. Over the years I've come across many who are essentially Old Covenant "Christians" or who maybe see Jesus merely as a good man who had a few good teachings. As these people have essentially chosen to keep themselves outside of the Gospel and the Body of Christ then the Christian Faith (the Good News) can certainly be a struggle for them.

Remember, this is both a Pentecostal and a Christian forum so maybe your time here has now come to an end.

Good bye. It may be for the truth too for many!

Upvote 0

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

As always, the truth of wrong truth always played out until exposed. It continues to repeat itself on the forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
As always, the truth of wrong truth always played out until exposed. It continues to repeat itself on the forum.
Remember, this forum is for Christian theology only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Why are you telling me that, I'm in total agreement of that, unlike others who don't believe Barnabas and Paul were Apsostles.
My apologies. I thought that you were agreeing with the sentiments of the other poster - my comment will be crossed out.

Upvote 0

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My apologies. I thought that you were agreeing with the sentiments of the other poster - my comment will be crossed out.

No problem brother, I kinda thought that maybe you thought I was agreeing with the other poster, seldom if ever happens. LOL.

Upvote 0