Jun 22, 2004
somewhere
✟2,894.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey ALL!

So…what is everyone here’s favorite book? What about their favorite characters in the book? Just thought I would ask…hope you have a good day!

Your Sister in Christ,

Heather

P.S. Write Back! I am eager to hear your opinion!;)

kimleach

Addicted to Jesus
Jun 21, 2004
York
✟158.00
Faith
Christian
Gosh :scratch: I read sooooo many books, but I must say the Left Behind series was thrilling - I enjoyed every one. My favourite character would have to be Tsion Ben Judah - I wish I had his knowledge of the bible and God!! (And now the series is finished:( Oh well I have all of them, so I can read them over and over!!

Happy reading!!
Kim

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Isis452

Jul 2, 2004
✟122.00
Faith
Catholic
PaladinValer said:
I'm curious...why would a Catholic's favorite novel be one of the worst modern anti-Catholic (and indeed anti-Christian) books out there?
For the record, while I am a catholic in terms of baptism etc... I don't necessarily believe all the things that this branch of christianity teaches. The book was enjoyable, I found it interested and FILLED with information. I like history, what can I say?

Upvote 0

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Favorite novels? Hmmm...

Gene Wolfe. Book of the New Sun. Favorite Character: Severian (of course!)
C.S. Friedman. Coldfire Trilogy. Favorite Character: Damien Vryce
J.R.R. Tolkien. The Silmarillion. Favorite Character: Earendil

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How? Lets see; made up history for one, nasty Catholic bashing for two, and a plain all out assalt against orthodox Christianity for three. The author hasn't a clue, and I'm amazed how some people are foolish enough to not read book reviews.

Upvote 0

Isis452

Jul 2, 2004
✟122.00
Faith
Catholic
PaladinValer said:
How? Lets see; made up history for one, nasty Catholic bashing for two, and a plain all out assalt against orthodox Christianity for three. The author hasn't a clue, and I'm amazed how some people are foolish enough to not read book reviews.
Its not "made up history" or "catholic bashing" or "all out assult against orthodox Christianity" as you so delicatly put it. Its just another side to the story. Reviews trashing the book are very commonly (wow this is a shocker) christian/catholic. There is actually a companion to the novel which clarifies fact from fiction, as well, at the beginning of the novel there is a page which specifies what parts of the novel are surrounded by truths. Also, the book is categorized as a Fiction Dan Brown never claimed it was the truth, in fact through out the story his characters plainly state its just another side to the story.

This is not the first document suggesting the catholic church has with held information, nor, in my opinion will it be the last. This is a new age, we are learning things each day and the world is changing.

On another note, you're right, I try to ignore reviews of novels and acertain my own opinion because the reviewer could have completley different believes or taste in comparision with my own. As they say "Don't judge a book by its cover" or, in this case, the reviews. Many movies are given great reviews and turn out to be terrible (IE- 8 Mile *JMO*) and other movies are given horrible reviews/under rated and turn out to be great (EX- Pirates of the Caribbean *again, JMO*
So you really can't base what you do on other peoples opinions. If we did that, nobody would get anywhere. Think about it.

By the way, I don't mean to offend anyone by my choice in novels, or my support of a highly controversial topic ( I enjoy controversy and my views usually differ from that of the church's) but as I said, its my prerogative.:)

Upvote 0