Dec 29, 2013
✟349,231.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
You didn't read it or you would have said.

Yet you say it is a Vote for Me book.

oh brother
I don't need to read it to know it's a campaign book. It was written by a prominent politician running for President, during campaign season, has as its subtitle "A plan for American revival" indicating the scope of it, and he held campaign events pushing the book outside of Florida. It's a campaign book, which is a really common genre.
massive information (is the short answer)

DeSantis is unique among politicians in my pov: He has core values and does NOT let politics and/or other concerns deter him or side line those values.
I disagree with that. The things he is focusing on are all the things that are at the center of the cultural wars right now. If there was something he promoted that didn't line up perfectly with what the Republican base wants right now I would give him credit for that, but he's a political weather vane.
I always liked him. I like him WAY more and respect him way more after reading what he has accomplished in FL
Such as what? He's been mostly focusing on the culture wars instead of actual issues facing Floridians.
he'd be great as VP and probably even Ds would vote for him after Trump's term ends
He's a far-right demagogue. There is no way most Democrats would ever vote for him.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟6,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
He's a far-right demagogue. There is no way most Democrats would ever vote for him.
I am always a little baffled by people who criticize the Right

and yet seem to have NO criticism for ... I can't even find words for this administration. But one word that comes to mind is LAWLESS

Then there is Corrupt. But most leftists don't have a clue why I say that so... I won't waste time explaining. You have to seek and find the truth yourself or you will never listen to anyone who speaks it

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟349,231.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I am always a little baffled by people who criticize the Right

and yet seem to have NO criticism for ... I can't even find words for this administration. But one word that comes to mind is LAWLESS

Then there is Corrupt. But most leftists don't have a clue why I say that so... I won't waste time explaining. You have to seek and find the truth yourself or you will never listen to anyone who speaks it
Regardless of your feelings about the Biden Admin, the simple fact is that most Democrats aren't going to vote for a far right politician. Just because you agree with his views doesn't means everybody does.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟6,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Regardless of your feelings about the Biden Admin, the simple fact is that most Democrats aren't going to vote for a far right politician. Just because you agree with his views doesn't means everybody does.
Oh, gee, who could have predicted that?

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟6,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
DeSantis is the first governor to veto $1 billion from Florida’s budget. Then (he says in his book The Courage to be Free) he set another budget-veto record later of $3.1 billion. DeSantis is a true Republican, slashing government spending that much. This is the kind of person we need to be in the next White House administration.

In the book he also comments on how “corporate America has become a major protagonist in battles over… politics and culture.. meaning that “large, publicly traded corporations [line] up behind leftist causes.”

He prohibited ballot harvesting and

“made it a third-degree felony. Second, we required voter ID for absentee ballot requests.. equalizing the voter ID requirement for in-person voting. Third, we ensured that county supervisors… clean their voter rolls on an annual basis… instituting penalties for noncompliance [and] an outright ban on Zuckerbucks to stop the use of private money in election administration.”

He signed this live on Fox News, but quite oddly, some liberal reporter asked him afterwards why he signed the bill in secret! Unbelievable.

“Uh, I just signed it on national television,” he replied.

Bang head

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟136,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not surprised. I live in Florida and see his politics up close. DeSantis's politics are so clumsy that he recently had to walk back the book ban he was in favor of, because it lead to bans of the Bible in libraries.

I cannot take anyone seriously who says that there is any kind of a "book ban" in Florida. That simply is not true. Parents can challenge to have books removed from school libraries if they feel the book is age-inappropriate for students, but there is not a single book "banned" in Florida.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟6,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I cannot take anyone seriously who says that there is any kind of a "book ban" in Florida. That simply is not true. Parents can challenge to have books removed from school libraries, but there is not a single book "banned" in Florida.
maybe you can take seriously a dude who claims to be Catholic but promotes abortion even to the 9th month?

How about someone who violates federal law to allow total strangers.. terrorists.. human traffickers, drug pushers, & murderers into the country with no regard for Americans?

Maybe Americans wouldn't be so behind Trump if they saw something good or wholesome once in awhile on the other side. Instead, it's baby murder.. trying to get children to undergo drastic surgery that often cannot be reversed because they are supposed to hate their own gender... and I could go on and

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟6,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I think the fact that Biden and Trump are (once again) the choices for this election is an incredibly sad commentary on the state of politics in the US.
I know more about Trump than probably anyone at this forum. I've read many books on him written by pastors and others. I don't see what the left is all up in arms about except that they w ant to keep abortion legal to the 9th month and Trump does not.

And that is it, exactly. They are not against Trump 15 years ago supposedly having some affair. I mean, 2 words: Bill Clinton.

No, they couldn't care less about that, but they know conservatives are not thrilled about Trump's past so they hammer away relentlessly about that when really, all they're doing is trying to destroy him because he is pro life AND because he truly wants to do the right thing by Americans. The first job of government is to PROTECT the governed. But as we all know, the Ds couldn't care less about protecting us. We don't vote for them in big numbers so they despise us. They are trying to replace Americans with... God knows whom from God knows what country. If terrorists get through the gate and we have another 911, it's like Oh well...

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟136,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Both Trump and Biden have flip-flopped on abortion when it was politically expedient for them to do so. I don't believe EITHER of them cares one whit about the moral implications of abortion. They care only about what they think will garner them the most votes on the topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟6,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Both Trump and Biden have flip-flopped on abortion when it was politically expedient for them to do so. I don't believe EITHER of them cares one whit about the moral implications of abortion. They care only about what they think will garner them the most votes on the topic.

Trump has not changed hisviews in a long time. I don't judge people by their past lives and decisions. I have skeletons myself. Everyone does.

He was a great president. And there is no requirement for those running for the job that they be a saint, canonizable on Day One.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟252,585.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't judge people by their past lives and decisions. I have skeletons myself. Everyone does.
Yup, I am really embarrassed by my past of paying off adult film starts, boasting about sexual assault, and trying to undermine western democracy.

The "we are all sinners" and "we all have skeletons" is a convenient and seductive attempt to deny the obvious - while we are all indeed sinners, some are much more "accomplished" in this regard than others.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟252,585.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
maybe you can take seriously a dude who claims to be Catholic but promotes abortion even to the 9th month?
I assume you are referring to President Biden:

Please provide evidence that Mr. Biden is promoting abortion at any stage in a pregnancy - this entails actively encouraging it. Good luck, you'll need it.

And I suspect your "to the 9th month" phrase is misleading. Even though I have not checked, I am confident that does not mean "to the 9th month on demand", what he means is "to the 9th month under very specific circumstances such as rape or risk to the life of the mother". Do I think that abortion in the case of rape at month 9 is Ok? No, I do not. But that is not the point - I will wager a flagon of fine October ale that your "to the 9th month" phrase needs more explanation than you are offering.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0