Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scientists would say that science is the process of trying to prove yourself wrong.
That is what I do, I try to use science to prove the Bible wrong. So far I have not found anything in all of science to prove the Bible wrong. Just the opposite, again and again science has verified what the Bible says is true.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
That is what I do, I try to use science to prove the Bible wrong. So far I have not found anything in all of science to prove the Bible wrong. Just the opposite, again and again science has verified what the Bible says is true.

If the Bible says that plants came about before the Sun appeared, would that prove the Bible wrong since science has the Sun appearing before plants?

Reactions: Mex5150
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the Bible says that plants came about before the Sun appeared, would that prove the Bible wrong since science has the Sun appearing before plants?
That just does not make any sense at all. You think Moses is so stupid that he would have plants with no sun? I can assure you he is smarter then that. We know a lot about Moses. There is a lot of details about him in the Bible. We know about his mom, his brother, his sister, his father in law, his wife. There are a lot to the story about him. Once he got in a fight with his wife and sent her home to her father. The father then visited Moses and got it all straightened out and talked Moses into taking his wife back again. We know these people and we know the story of their lives.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
That just does not make any sense at all. You think Moses is so stupid that he would have plants with no sun? I can assure you he is smarter then that. We know a lot about Moses. There is a lot of details about him in the Bible. We know about his mom, his brother, his sister, his father in law, his wife. There are a lot to the story about him. Once he got in a fight with his wife and sent her home to her father. The father then visited Moses and got it all straightened out and talked Moses into taking his wife back again. We know these people and we know the story of their lives.

Genesis has plants being created on day 3 and the Sun on day 4.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Genesis has plants being created on day 3 and the Sun on day 4.
Must be a miracle!

Not that it would matter to some, though.

John 12:37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Why are you going on about Moses? that wasn't the question. You can't have got very far in your 'studies', it's page one. Also, how does science reconcile that talking snake with reality?

For the record I'm not mocking the Bible here, I think the English translation of Genesis is an amazing piece of literature.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Most scientists would say that "science is a way of knowing".

Most scientists would not say that as their first response. Calling it a 'way of knowing' has been a label that postmodern critics of science have used to suggest that science is merely one way of knowing, and (at the far end of the relativist postmodernist scale) other ways of knowing can be just as true (even if they say different things).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Also, how does science reconcile that talking snake with reality?
It can't.

Science is too myopic.
Jimmy D said:
For the record I'm not mocking the Bible here, I think the English translation of Genesis is an amazing piece of literature.
Then why did you call it a 'snake'?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Must be a miracle!

Not that it would matter to some, though.

John 12:37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:

That's sort of my point. When the Bible is contradicted by the scientific evidence a miracle is invoked to make the evidence go away. This is why the claims of science supporting the Bible are hollow.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's sort of my point. When the Bible is contradicted by the scientific evidence a miracle is invoked to make the evidence go away. This is why the claims of science supporting the Bible are hollow.
Which came first, in your opinion?

The miracle or its evidence?

If I claim Humpty Dumpty fell off a wall, which came first?

The wall or the fall?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You blabbered. The only point you made is that you can't use coherent sentences.
1 Chronicles 26:18 At Parbar westward, four at the causeway, and two at Parbar.

Upvote 0