✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Question

If you were asked the name of your God, as Moses said the captive people would ask him,
what would your answer be and why?

Exodus 3:13 Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?”

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I suppose I would have to say I worship the same One that Jesus worshipped and came from as Jesus explained in John 14. Does God have a name? And no, I do not want to get into a discussion or debate on the "trinity" :wave:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7391061/#post52559491

John 14:8-11 Phillip is saying to Him "Lord! show! to us the Father and is being sufficient to us". Jesus is saying to him "as much time with ye I am and not thou have known Me Philip! The one having seen Me has seen the Father, and why thou saying 'show! to us the Father'? Not thou are believing that I in the Father and the Father in Me is?

The declarations which I am saying to ye I am not speaking from Myself, the yet Father in Me abiding, He is doing the works. Be ye believing! to Me, that I in the Father and the Father in Me. If yet no, thru the works them be ye believing! to Me.

Upvote 0

LiturgyInDMinor

Celtic Rite Old Catholic Church
Feb 20, 2009
✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I chose "other", even though I could have chosen "Jesus" or "Father", but that really isn't complete.

God is Holy Trinity, 1 God in 3 Persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

:wave:

Mary

Excellent! :)
I hesitate to vote in this one. The Holy Trinity cannot be reduced to "other" status. ;)
:p

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One of the reasons that this came to mind was in discussing a person who had killed because "god had told him to" He claimed it was the christian god. The only proof against that is the character of jesus christ.

The question is the letter "a" of the council of Constantine

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Jesus is Lord,"

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

I am a slave and bond servant to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Excellent! :)
I hesitate to vote in this one. The Holy Trinity cannot be reduced to "other" status. ;)
:p
What choice would be the closest one you would choose? Me thinks this is a "loaded" thread ehehe..... :)

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
15He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
15He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross
:thumbsup: :bow:

John 4:23 But is coming an hour and now is when the true worshipers/proskunhtai <4353> shall be worshipping/proskunhsousin <4352> (5692) to the Father in Spirit and Truth, for also the Father such is seeking the ones worshipping Him.
24 A spirit the God, and the ones worshipping Him in Spirit and Truth is binding to be worshipping."

Reve 22:8 And I, John, the one hearing and beholding these things. And when I hear and behold, I fall to worship/proskunhsai <4352> (5658) before the feet of the Messenger, the one showing to me these-things. 9 And He is saying to me "be thou seeing no! a fellow bond-servant of thee I am and of the brothers of thee the prophets and of the ones keeping the Words of the scrollet, this. To the God worship/proskunhson <4352> (5657) thou!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Reactions: Sphinx777
Upvote 0