What do muhammad's behaviors mean to you?

ks777

Start singing
May 8, 2009
Other world
✟16,650.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
I fail to understand the logic why living to the right (south) of the Ka'aba was more preferable. Apart from Mohummad preaching that the right side was more favorable (for unknown reasons?), I don't see why else anyone would do it. I know the right side is also Gods favored side in some biblical accounts, but I don't see how the same thing applies to everyday life such as living positions near the ka'aba. Especially because 'left and right' change with the viewing angle. (and weren't the accounts things like Gods 'right hand'? A right hand is a right hand no matter which angle you view it from, just saying the 'right' doesn't mean the same thing)

Looking at google earth, the ka'aba is slightly north east of the general housing population, with slightly more houses to the south of it, but there's even more to the west really. I guess it depends on which wall the door is on. Wikipedia says it's on the north eastern-wall, so with that in mind I made that wall (the one with the door) at the bottom of this picture for compaison.

84898889.jpg

It appears as if people have taken aboard what was said, though. Unless the land to the left of the door just plain sucked :p

If you actually look at the area to the south of the ka'aba, there's not much difference in housing density, but to the right of the actual door there's a fair bit of difference.

It doesn't really prove anything, I just wanted to see if people still actually read and listened to these things :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

alhamdullilah

Nov 18, 2008
✟8,212.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Continuing this fact finding thread... Comments welcome on this right-sided attribute.

Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "Pride and arrogance are characteristics of the rural bedouins while calmness is found among the owners of sheep. Belief is Yemenite, and wisdom is also Yemenite i.e. the Yemenites are well-known for their true belief and wisdom)." Abu 'Abdullah (Al-Bukhari) said, "Yemen was called so because it is situated to the right of the Ka'ba, and Sham was called so because it is situated to the left of the Ka'ba." (Book 56, Hadith 703)

Tracking the hadiths thus far:
1) "Allah's Apostle put his right hand on my head and held and twisted my right ear."
2) Comb hair to right side
3) "Put on the right shoe first."
4) Perform ablution on right side first.
5) "When he sat in the prayer, he placed his right hand on his right thigh and he closed his fist and pointed his index finger,"
6) Avoid spitting on the right side
7) Shave head starting from right side
8) Eat with the right hand
9) Drink with the right hand because satan drinks with the left hand
10) When going to sleep, place right hand under cheek.
11) When lying down, lie on your right side
12) Always pass the cup/bottle/tumbler to the right
13) Avoid exiting prayer from the right side
14) Viewing East towards the Kaa'ba is necessary for the context of hadith 703; like Yemenites, it is preferable to live to the right (or South) of the Kaa'ba.

nobody cares

Upvote 0

alhamdullilah

Nov 18, 2008
✟8,212.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
nobody cares? These are the reports and sayings of the one person you put complete trust of your soul into. Why wouldn't you care about what he said and done?

I do care about the beloved prophet of course, don't put words into my mouth.
I said, nobody cares what this Under Grace is yapping about, at least we muslims don't care.

This guy has nothing els to do but to put my religion in a bad light (not sure if you say it like this). Always with the islam is this islam is that quran is this quran is that.
If your not looking for the truth (meaning under grace) then just leave it and go on with your "word of god".

لكم دينكم ولي دين

To you your religion, I have my religion (the truth).

Upvote 0

Rationalt

Oct 18, 2009
✟3,858.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
This is a fact-finding thread for all the right-sided preferences of muhammad. No discussion intended though comments acceptable. No negative comments. Objectivity and respect is appreciated. Please add documented and verifiable right-sided attributes of muhammad.

Comments on the red-highlighted area:

Narrated Abdullah bin Abbas: That once he stayed overnight (in the house) ...

You chose a wrong hadith.there are plenty of hadiths that portray muhammud pbuh's character.

Undergrace, you need to study islam carefully, with a critical mind, not a graceful mind. :p

Upvote 0

Rationalt

Oct 18, 2009
✟3,858.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I said, nobody cares what this Under Grace is yapping about, at least we muslims don't care.

Every muslim cares what their prophet said.No surprise their.

This guy has nothing els to do but to put my religion in a bad light (not sure if you say it like this). Always with the islam is this islam is that quran is this quran is that.
If your not looking for the truth (meaning under grace) then just leave it and go on with your "word of god".

If that was his intention he is doing a very bad job.

Hmm, arent you quoting quran 109.006, which in all practical purposes abrogated?.

Upvote 0

ks777

Start singing
May 8, 2009
Other world
✟16,650.00
Faith
Christian Seeker

لكم دينكم ولي دين
He's just collecting hadith which contain Mohummads right sided preferences. So far he hasn't commented on any of them to my knowledge, so he can't have painted anything in a bad light. He's merely presenting parts of YOUR scripture for us to give opinions on. If you don't like reading/knowing what Mohummad said and done (and commenting on why), maybe you should re-think your blind faith.

To you your religion, I have my religion (the truth)
I'm glad you can be so confident in something that has no evidence (myricals, prophecies) and something that the bible warns about. (decendants of ishmael, false prophets after Jesus).

I'm serious, I don't know how you do it. If islam is what you were raised and tought from birth, I can understand that though. You never want to question anything that you've believed for so long.

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, it's just some of my thoughts.

Do you have any comments on the last hadith presented? Such as why yemen is more prefferable to live in since it's right of the ka'aba? I would think anywhere in mecca would be more prefferable than travelling all the way to Yemen, even if it is to the right (which it isn't really).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JJWhite

Dec 24, 2009
U.S.A.
✟11,028.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Do you have any comments on the last hadith presented? Such as why yemen is more prefferable to live in since it's right of the ka'aba? I would think anywhere in mecca would be more prefferable than travelling all the way to Yemen, even if it is to the right (which it isn't really).

It's more preferable to live in Yemen??????????? By the way, there are ahaadeeth praising MANY lands and peoples.... Egypt and Syria area being a couple of them.

What UG quoted in red is a quote by ALBUKHARI (not Prophet Muhammad) commenting on why Yemen was given tha name by the Arabs and why Ash-Shaam (Syria/Palestine/Lebanon/Jordan area) was given that name. It has nothing to do with one being better than the other.

Upvote 0

JJWhite

Dec 24, 2009
U.S.A.
✟11,028.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Imams Ahmad and Tirmidhi narrate in their collections on the authority of Zaid ibn Thabit that the Prophet said, ‘’How blessed is al-Sham’’! The companions around asked: ‘’Why is that’’? The messenger [peace and blessings of Allah be upon him] replied, ‘’I see the angels of Allah spreading their wings over al-Sham’’.

In another hadith we read that Jerusalem is the best place of residence. Abdullah ibn Umar reports that the Prophet [peace and blessings of Allah be upon him] said, ‘’ There will be migration upon migration. The best of the inhabitants of the earth will reside where Prophet Ibrahim migrated [Jerusalem]’’. [Sunan Abu Dawud]

Prophet Muhammad said, “The essence of the lands of the believers is Sham.” (Sahih At-Targheed wat-Tarheeb)

Prophet Muhammad said, “Indeed, when tribulations occur, faith is in Sham.” (Sahih At-Targheed wat-Tarheeb)

And Sham is on the OTHER side of the Ka'bah than Yemen... so?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rationalt

Oct 18, 2009
✟3,858.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
what does this mean?

It means : Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion

is no longer valid as per muhammad/Allah, because Allah/muhammad is not content with allowing others practicing their religion.so, we have revelation

He it is Who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the religion of truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all religion. And Allah sufficeth as a Witness.

And when We put a revelation in place of (another) revelation, - and Allah knoweth best what He revealeth - they say: Lo! thou art but inventing. Most of them know not. .

Upvote 0

Under Grace

Humble and Repentful
Jan 28, 2010
Mid-West
✟16,193.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

is no longer valid as per muhammad/Allah, because Allah/muhammad is not content with allowing others practicing their religion.so, we have revelation

He it is Who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the religion of truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all religion. And Allah sufficeth as a Witness.

And when We put a revelation in place of (another) revelation, - and Allah knoweth best what He revealeth - they say: Lo! thou art but inventing. Most of them know not. .
Thank you for pointing this out but as this thread is on right-sided attributes, which religion is on the right side if there is such a delineation?

Upvote 0

Under Grace

Humble and Repentful
Jan 28, 2010
Mid-West
✟16,193.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In another hadith we read that Jerusalem is the best place of residence. Abdullah ibn Umar reports that the Prophet [peace and blessings of Allah be upon him] said, ‘’ There will be migration upon migration. The best of the inhabitants of the earth will reside where Prophet Ibrahim migrated [Jerusalem]’’. [Sunan Abu Dawud]

And Sham is on the OTHER side of the Ka'bah than Yemen... so?
You point out a contradiction to hadith 703 since Jerusalem is to the left of the kaa'ba. To re-iterate, the hadith in 703 specifies a preference to live to the right of the kaa'ba.

Upvote 0

Under Grace

Humble and Repentful
Jan 28, 2010
Mid-West
✟16,193.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

لكم دينكم ولي دين

I am sorry you feel this way but also feel you goading. I made my intention clear. To repeat a previous post, I think muslims would feel a need to try to immitate muhammad's right-sided attributes. Is there something wrong with immitating muhammad's right-sided attributes?

Upvote 0

Under Grace

Humble and Repentful
Jan 28, 2010
Mid-West
✟16,193.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Continuing this fact-finding thread. Comments on standing to the right of someone (your left).

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: One night I stood to the left of the Prophet in the prayer but he caught hold of me by the hand or by the shoulder (arm) till he made me stand on his right and beckoned with his hand (for me) to go from behind (him). (Al-Kashmaihani-Fateh al-Bari). (Book 11, Hadith 695)

1) "Allah's Apostle put his right hand on my head and held and twisted my right ear."
5) "When he sat in the prayer, he placed his right hand on his right thigh and he closed his fist and pointed his index finger,"
14) Viewing East towards the Kaa'ba is necessary for the context of hadith 703; like Yemenites, it is preferable to live to the right (or South) of the Kaa'ba.
15) Consider standing to the right of your friend out of respect, or, have friend stand to your right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

alhamdullilah

Nov 18, 2008
✟8,212.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married

I was asking what the word meant. No problem i looked it up.

هو الذي أرسل رسوله بالهدى ودين الحق ليظهره على الدين كله ۚ وكفى باللـه شهيدا

48:28. He it is Who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth, that He may make it superior to all religions. And All-Sufficient is Allah as a Witness.

This verse according to all of the scholars (modern and classic) is about the way of life, it will supurseed them all. In no way does Allah talk here about not allowing other religions to excist. Please show me any well known scholar that agrees with you

Upvote 0

alhamdullilah

Nov 18, 2008
✟8,212.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry you feel this way but also feel you goading. I made my intention clear. To repeat a previous post, I think muslims would feel a need to try to immitate muhammad's right-sided attributes. Is there something wrong with immitating muhammad's right-sided attributes?

what? what does this mean?

we immitate him in everything, he is our example

Upvote 0

alhamdullilah

Nov 18, 2008
✟8,212.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Continuing this fact-finding thread. Comments on standing to the right of someone (your left).

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: One night I stood to the left of the Prophet in the prayer but he caught hold of me by the hand or by the shoulder (arm) till he made me stand on his right and beckoned with his hand (for me) to go from behind (him). (Al-Kashmaihani-Fateh al-Bari). (Book 11, Hadith 695)

15) Consider standing to the right of your friend out of respect, or, have friend stand to your right.

Still quoting i see? We already have given you an answer that the right side is sunnah in our believe.

Upvote 0

Rationalt

Oct 18, 2009
✟3,858.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I was asking what the word meant. No problem i looked it up.

هو الذي أرسل رسوله بالهدى ودين الحق ليظهره على الدين كله ۚ وكفى باللـه شهيدا

48:28. He it is Who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth, that He may make it superior to all religions. And All-Sufficient is Allah as a Witness.

This verse according to all of the scholars (modern and classic) is about the way of life, it will supurseed them all. In no way does Allah talk here about not allowing other religions to excist. Please show me any well known scholar that agrees with you

Ofcourse the "religion of truth" has preveialed after Ghazwas and Jihad.

quran 9:30 Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

Upvote 0

alhamdullilah

Nov 18, 2008
✟8,212.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Ofcourse the "religion of truth" has preveialed after Ghazwas and Jihad.

quran 9:30 Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

before I answer you. Are you aware of the context of this verse or are you just getting this from maybe some website like answering-islam.com?

Or should I also quote out of context?

They fought against Midian, as the LORD commanded Moses, and killed every man........Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man. Numbers 31:7,17-18

Last edited:
Upvote 0