LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Are you are saying that you don't believe what the Catholic bishops have said about those videos? Here's what Cardinal O'Malley said about Planned Parenthood (in light of them getting busted):

Cardinal_Sen_OMalley_Credit_Mazur_catholicnewsorguk_CNA_US_Catholic_News_1_5_12.jpg

"Pope Francis has called abortion the product of a 'widespread mentality of profit, the throwaway culture, which has today enslaved the hearts and minds of so many.' The recent news stories concerning Planned Parenthood direct our attention to two larger issues involving many institutions in our society. The first is abortion itself: a direct attack on human life in its most vulnerable condition. The second is the now standard practice of obtaining fetal organs and tissues through abortion. Both actions fail to respect the humanity and dignity of human life. This fact should be the center of attention in the present public controversy." - Cardinal O'Malley (July 29, 2015)

And here's what it says about it on the USCCB's website:

Planned Parenthood: Setting the Record Straight

In 2015, a series of undercover videos showed officials of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) discussing how they perform abortions and traffic in the tissues and organs of abortion victims. The officials' matter-of-fact comments on destroying unborn human life, and on altering abortion methods to obtain more "intact" organs, have led to a public debate on Planned Parenthood's role as a "women's health" organization receiving large government subsidies. Here are key facts.

1. PPFA is the largest abortion provider in the U.S.

In 2013, the last year reported, Planned Parenthood affiliates performed 327,653 abortions, both surgical and "medical" (using the abortion drug RU-486). [1] PPFA's share of the abortion "market" has expanded steadily over the years: It performed one in five of all abortions in the United States in 2005, but now performs about one in three.

2. Every Planned Parenthood affiliate must perform abortions.

In 2010, PPFA announced that by 2013 every affiliate must have one or more clinics that perform abortions on-site. A few affiliates left PPFA rather than comply with the new abortion mandate. [2]

3. Planned Parenthood provides 16 times more abortions than birth-oriented services.

While PPFA says abortions make up 3% of its services, this is misleading. PPFA says it served 2.7 million patients (women and men) and performed 327,653 abortions, indicating that 12% of everyone entering a Planned Parenthood clinic receives an abortion. And PPFA provided only 18,684 "prenatal services" and 1,880 referrals for adoptions at other agencies. So 94% of its services for pregnant women are abortions, outnumbering other options 16 to 1.[3]

(Read more)
The United States bishops had also let us know in 2009 that it's immoral to use human tissue obtained by direct abortions:

"Catholic health care institutions should not make use of human tissue obtained by direct abortions even for research and therapeutic purposes." - USCCB - Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services, page 33
None of which is remotely relevant to the hysterical "organ harvesting" beat up.
It's relevant because the reaction of the Catholic bishops to the videos was to condemn Planned Parenthood.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's relevant because the reaction of the Catholic bishops to the videos was to condemn Planned Parenthood.
Condemn PP all you like. Doesn't make the false witness of those videos OK.

Reactions: Hetta
Upvote 0

Cos-play

Sep 29, 2015
✟2,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Doubtless, Planned Parenthood will milk this for every drop of MSNBC type sympathy it can get in order to deflect from the reign of terror that organisation has brought to unborn babies...

So shooting a cop, a veteran and a young mother of 2 because some demented crazoid who's twisted mind was ginned up to violence by the constant and libelous anti-abortion rhetoric of the ant-aboutionists is just, what, collateral damage on the road to ending abortion ?

Whether you like it or not Planned Parenthood is a victim on this. This isn't an isolated incident either, just to worse one in a while. Planned Parenthood is under siege. Most people on this board like that idea.

This is what happens and I guess you're ok with it.

Reactions: Hetta
Upvote 0

Cos-play

Sep 29, 2015
✟2,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Condemn PP all you like. Doesn't make the false witness of those videos OK.

Ok course it does.

If it involves Planned Parenthood, all things are justifiable.

Jeez, Ted Cruz is claiming the twisted goof who is muttering "dead baby parts" is "A transvestite liberal activist"

So, hey, this is all a liberal [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] black flag operation thing. Not an attack on a health provider or anything.

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟342,032.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So shooting a cop, a veteran and a young mother of 2 because some demented crazoid who's twisted mind was ginned up to violence by the constant and libelous anti-abortion rhetoric of the ant-aboutionists is just, what, collateral damage on the road to ending abortion ?

Whether you like it or not Planned Parenthood is a victim on this. This isn't an isolated incident either, just to worse one in a while. Planned Parenthood is under siege. Most people on this board like that idea.

What a interesting interpretation of my post.

For the record, I have no doubt PP will milk this for every drop of MSNBC style sympathy in their propaganda campaign to justify the continued war of terror against unborn babies...

Upvote 0

FlaviusAetius

Nov 17, 2012
✟18,998.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Funny how when it silences the opposition to abortion you seem willing to give in to the influence of suspected terrorism. Should we be silent about the atrocities of radical Muslims to in hope that putting our heads in the sand will make the bad things like Christian enslavement not exist?

Back on point an organization built around baby killing should never be allowed to just quietly go about their slaughter. Violence against them shouldn't be done, but keeping quiet just to reduce the chance of a gun nut targeting them is not an option.

Reactions: S.ilvio
Upvote 0

Cos-play

Sep 29, 2015
✟2,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What a interesting interpretation of my post.

For the record, I have no doubt PP will milk this for every drop of MSNBC style sympathy in their propaganda campaign to justify the continued war of terror against unborn babies...

Funny how when it silences the opposition to abortion you seem willing to give in to the influence of suspected terrorism. Should we be silent about the atrocities of radical Muslims to in hope that putting our heads in the sand will make the bad things like Christian enslavement not exist?

Back on point an organization built around baby killing should never be allowed to just quietly go about their slaughter. Violence against them shouldn't be done, but keeping quiet just to reduce the chance of a gun nut targeting them is not an option.

Look, guys, whether you like it or not abortion is a constitutionally protected right in America.

I can talk until I'm blue in the face, start foaming at the mouth and fall over backwards (thank you Monty Python) about gun control and get nowhere because the NRA will not let anyone do anything to stop the slaughter of innocent people.

Yet somehow you get to rather backhandedly justify the use of the 2nd amendment to attack an organization that is doing nothing but performing services guaranteed under the 1st Amendment, purposed under the Declaration of Independence and claimed in the preamble of the Constitution. (Specifically, the right to control one's own destiny, liberty and to make private decisions with state intrusion)

Further you'll continue the rhetoric that incited the violence in the first place by slander and hyperbole without regard to it's effects or consequence. (Planned Parenthood's is NOT an organization built around baby killing and both of you are smart and sophisticated en ought to know better)

But ....

....somehow I'm the bad guy in all this. Because -- Muslims.

or maybe magnets, I'm never sure anymore

Upvote 0

Sumwear

Jul 23, 2012
✟4,400.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Look, guys, whether you like it or not abortion is a constitutionally protected right in America.

I can talk until I'm blue in the face, start foaming at the mouth and fall over backwards (thank you Monty Python) about gun control and get nowhere because the NRA will not let anyone do anything to stop the slaughter of innocent people.

Yet somehow you get to rather backhandedly justify the use of the 2nd amendment to attack an organization that is doing nothing but performing services guaranteed under the 1st Amendment, purposed under the Declaration of Independence and claimed in the preamble of the Constitution.

Further you'll continue the rhetoric that incited the violence in the first place by slander and hyperbole without regard to it's effects or consequence.
(Planned Parenthood's is NOT an organization built around baby killing and both of you are smart and sophisticated en ought to know better)

But ....

There are also a lot of things allowed by that very same document that allows one to say and express themselves with little impunity. Misinformation and opinion really aren't against the law. If it were, hate groups and the majority in the media would be in a jail cell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cos-play

Sep 29, 2015
✟2,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
There are also a lot of things allowed by that very same document that allows one to say and express themselves with little impunity. Misinformation and opinion really aren't against the law. If it were, hate groups and the majority in the media would be in a jail cell.

No, all you have is your conscience and you impermanence.

Lot's of anti-abortion activists have lots of one and almost none of the other. (In my experience)

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟342,032.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Yet somehow you get to rather backhandedly justify the use of the 2nd amendment to attack an organization that is doing nothing but performing services guaranteed under the 1st Amendment, purposed under the Declaration of Independence and claimed in the preamble of the Constitution. (Specifically, the right to control one's own destiny, liberty and to make private decisions with state intrusion)

Further you'll continue the rhetoric that incited the violence in the first place by slander and hyperbole without regard to it's effects or consequence. (Planned Parenthood's is NOT an organization built around baby killing and both of you are smart and sophisticated en ought to know better)

But ....

I refer you to my previous post.

The PP propaganda machine will use this attack to guilt trip folk into somehow accept their immoral trade in abortion...

Upvote 0

Cos-play

Sep 29, 2015
✟2,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I refer you to my previous post.

The PP propaganda machine will use this attack to guilt trip folk into somehow accept their immoral trade in abortion...

The NRA will use this as a why to pass laws to arm fetuses.

Upvote 0

FlaviusAetius

Nov 17, 2012
✟18,998.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

But ....

Backhandedly justify the use of the 2nd amendment? I'm pretty sure I said PP shouldn't be fought with violence in the post you quoted so I take offensive at your attempts to slander anti-abortion people as secretly desiring these abortion mills be shot up.

Really strange that you use the constitution as your justification for abortion and yet at the same time condemn the 2nd amendment. Finally you didn't even bother to comprehend my comparison to the terrorism of radical Muslims; you just saw the word and decided to close your mind ignorantly. My point with that comparison is that you want people to shut up about abortion because you're afraid of terrorism that discussing it might inspire and yet in other threads you've been part of the group saying we shouldn't become obsessed with security or xenophobia because of Islamic terrorism hitting the West sporadically. I think the truth is you just wouldn't lose any sleep if everyone kept their heads in the sand and let abortion continue unopposed and in fact endorsed in society.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cos-play

Sep 29, 2015
✟2,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Backhandedly justify the use of the 2nd amendment? I'm pretty sure I said PP shouldn't be fought with violence in the post you quoted so I take offensive at your attempts to slander anti-abortion people as secretly desiring these abortion mills be shot up.

Well, I'm pretty sure both of your above statements are disingenuous.

Really strange that you use the constitution as your justification for abortion and yet at the same time condemn the 2nd amendment.

I didn't justify abortion nor did I condemn the second amendment.

Finally you didn't even bother to comprehend my comparison to the terrorism of radical Muslims; you just saw the word and decided to close your mind ignorantly. My point with that comparison is that you want people to shut up about abortion because you're afraid of terrorism that discussing it might inspire and yet in other threads you've been part of the group saying we shouldn't become obsessed with security or xenophobia because of Islamic terrorism hitting the West sporadically. I think the truth is you just wouldn't lose any sleep if everyone kept their heads in the sand and let abortion continue unopposed and in fact endorsed in society.

Since radical Islam has absolutely nothing to do with this situation I just assumed that it was background noise meant to distract me into some other debate.

I still do since the above quote certainly seems to be intentionally goading (not mod type attention getting goading, more like jamming with pointed stick to get a response goading - wanted to make that clear)

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
By far the most terrorists attacks committed in America since 2001 has been from the eco-terrorists.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/427780/american-christian-terrorism-threat-overhyped.
Hopefully, the left will see the error of their ways, take their own advise, and sew Al Gore's mouth shut.
By exercising their second amendment rights, such rhetoric from the left has caused altogether way too much damage already.

I'm okay with people who are against abortion speaking out against abortionists and fetal harvesters, for sure.

Reactions: FlaviusAetius
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
How many more lives does PP have to take because they are in operation? I blame PP for this violence. Violence begets violence.
What a surprise. I'm sure the families of the dead will feel much better because you found a culprit that is not the terrorist who shot them.

Upvote 0