We got ourselves a good ol' fashion terrorist attack in Colorado

Cos-play

Sep 29, 2015
✟2,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
... Bullets, shot cops, shot civilians, maybe bombs. Maybe hostages.

Or maybe it's just a shot out.

Or maybe it's understandable homicide

Whenever Planned Parenthood is involved the interwebs can't make up it's mind

....and it appears to be a white guy, so there is that.

As of this post we're into hour 5 of this dustup.

Live link:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown...pond-to-active-shooter-at-planned-parenthood/

Next briefing, 5 PM 11/27/2015 MT

Reactions: Hetta

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Can we please respect the fact that this is an incredibly dangerous situation where people's lives are at risk and not give in to partisan political bickering? It is better to pray than to argue.

Lord have mercy.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
AK 47, hmmm? Isn't that one of the weapons that used to be banned?
When you're all serious about ending or minimizing mass shootings let me know.

I pray for the hostages, but I am so tired about people "praying" and supporting the same knuckle-headed policies that created the situation to start with.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
He is a terrorist. They won't use that word of course, but that's exactly what he is.
Yeah, he is. And there is not, at this time, evidence to suggest that he is a Christian and PP was his target. He attacked a mall and holed up in the clinic.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
AK 47, hmmm? Isn't that one of the weapons that used to be banned?
When you're all serious about ending or minimizing mass shootings let me know.

I pray for the hostages, but I am so tired about people "praying" and supporting the same knuckle-headed policies that created the situation to start with.
Actually, I am not sure that they were ever banned, but they are just like any other gun in the sense that just sitting there they do NOTHING.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah, he is. And there is not, at this time, evidence to suggest that he is a Christian and PP was his target. He attacked a mall and holed up in the clinic.
Well, if he was a Christian I would not think he would have done this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If its a banned weapon then how does a bad guy have it? If you think we can get guns out of the wrong hands, you are truly delusional. That barn door is not going to shut. All you want to do is take them out of the hands of the good guys, you'll never get them off the streets. So stop already, okay?

Most variants of AK rifles were banned from importation and new sale during the Clinton Assault Weapons Ban, a bill that sunset while President Bush was in office and has not been revised. It was not a terribly effective piece of legislation as it did nothing regarding the sale of weapons already in civilian hands. That said, as Catholics, I'm sure that we all vocally support the sort of gun control legislation that the USCCB has been calling for over the last 50 years. That is not an all out gun ban which will bother some, but it does include registration and stronger background checks which will bother others.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Most variants of AK rifles were banned from importation and new sale during the Clinton Assault Weapons Ban, a bill that sunset while President Bush was in office and has not been revised. It was not a terribly effective piece of legislation as it did nothing regarding the sale of weapons already in civilian hands. That said, as Catholics, I'm sure that we all vocally support the sort of gun control legislation that the USCCB has been calling for over the last 50 years. That is not an all out gun ban which will bother some, but it does include registration and stronger background checks which will bother others.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. We have gun control laws.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
They never are. The people who mean harm with guns will get them one way or another.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have to follow my conscience. God has planted this issue in my heart--an issue that many Catholics are not only apathetic about but often downright hostile to, but just because it's hard doesn't mean I shouldn't follow my conscience.

God gave me this orphan cause to be an advocate for. There are plenty of people talking about ending abortion while we shrug our shoulders about domestic terrorists in our midst.

There are two issues:
  • to bring interpretation of the Second Amendment back to the way our Founding Fathers envisioned it--the sensible way it was interpreted until the late 1970's when the NRA started throwing obscene amounts of lobbying money into it while buying chairs at major universities and appointing professors to write articles to reinterpret the Constitution.
  • to screen potential gun buyers for mental illness, and also to make treatment for mental illness and PTSD more affordable and available.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Definitely sounds like a terrorist to me. A police spokesman said that the gunman ..

"had brought with him a number of 'objects' that police would need to check once the live fire situation in the clinic had been resolved. Some such 'objects or devices' were outside the clinic and some inside." Asked if the objects included propane tanks, Buckley indicated that they did.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It will be interesting to find out whether he legally owns this gun/guns. Because people who legally own guns also commit crimes with them.
Yes, they do, but that does not mean that if someone really wanted to commit a crime and did not have a gun that they would not get one.

Upvote 0