Wasn't sure where to post this but it's urgent please help.

Kyleiferous

Jun 11, 2012
✟7,703.00
Faith
Christian
My sister is trying to access some of her university work from a memory stick. When she clicks on the item she wants to open into word, it comes up with two boxes, one saying something along the lines of "the command cannot be completed because the command box is open". So you click ok on that, and behind it is the liscence agreement thing. You accept that and then it says "there was an error opening the file". The file is saved as a 2007 document and the word on the computer is 2007, so what can we do?

This is very important and any help we can get will be really appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: Don't worry we couldn't sort it out, she's will just have to put up with it unfortunately. It could have been alot worse though.

Last edited:

tannicv2

Mar 14, 2012
✟493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My sister is trying to access some of her university work from a memory stick. When she clicks on the item she wants to open into word, it comes up with two boxes, one saying something along the lines of "the command cannot be completed because the command box is open". So you click ok on that, and behind it is the liscence agreement thing. You accept that and then it says "there was an error opening the file". The file is saved as a 2007 document and the word on the computer is 2007, so what can we do?

This is very important and any help we can get will be really appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: Don't worry we couldn't sort it out, she's will just have to put up with it unfortunately. It could have been alot worse though.

I was going to say I could try and see if I could open it.

Upvote 0

Kyleiferous

Jun 11, 2012
✟7,703.00
Faith
Christian
I was going to say I could try and see if I could open it.

We appreciate your reply, we really do, but she has since caught up with it again. We did send it to one of her friends to try and open in but it didn't work unfortunately.

Thanks though it's kind of you to offer :)

Upvote 0