Jan 10, 2004
Fairless Hills, PA
✟1,384.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Engaged
WolfGate said:
If it positively helps your marriage and doesn't interfere with your or your spouses walk with Christ, then I think it's OK.

My biggest caution would be where you get them? I would guess most places selling them also sell inappropriate contentography - which does damage many marriages and many walks with Christ. I would not want to support a store that sold inappropriate contentography in addition to these toys. (Since toys are not a desire for either of us, I don't know for certain if you can find places that don't sell both.)

You can find sites on the internet that just sell the toys and Such. This way you wouldn't have to go into a store to make your purchase.

Upvote 0

JMRE5150

Was Lost, Now Found!
Nov 21, 2003
Levittown, PA
Visit site
✟2,617.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, stay out of those stores...all those stores have inappropriate content mags out in the open that have two women having sex, homosexual sex, gangbangs, etc. It is filled with inappropriate contentography, and completely unacceptable. You can purchase "toys" without having to look at or be around inappropriate contentography.

Upvote 0

inHisgrip

May 8, 2004
Washington
✟622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ShaunJ said:
I was thinking today (yay for me! ;) ).
What are your views on Christian couples using Adult toys and things in their sex life.
I'm not talking about watching inappropriate contentography together or anything like that but do you think its OK to use the Adult "toys"?
I myself would not see a problem with it if they were for erotic times between you and your spouse.
Sex is something God gave us to enjoy and I myself see nothing wrong with them.
I guess the reason I am asking is because, I still have some toys from when my fiancé and I were promiscuous. They are things we used before we became Christian and in less then 2 weeks we will be married and sexually active.

Should I keep them or toss them out?
If it is okay with both partners I think it is fine. Also as long as it is not taking from the intimacy of being together(i.e. self gratification, inappropriate contentography, ect.)
Its about being comfortable with your spouse.
In Him

Upvote 0

Buzz Dixon

Aug 25, 2004
Los Angeles
✟1,184.00
Faith
Christian
A6A4 said:
When God talks about keeping the bedroom clean, does that mean toys etc.?
No, it means vacuum the dust bunnies from under the bed.

(It's a JOKE, folks!)

Seriously, as long as the toys and accoutrements do not become a fetish (i.e., they become the object of sexual desire instead of the spouse one is supposedly enjoying them with), it's okay. I see where many people would not think inappropriate content is acceptable in a marriage.

Hmmm, re-reading your message, I should think one would want to keep one's toys clean. I mean...yuck! :sick:

Upvote 0

plmarquette

Veteran
Oct 5, 2004
Auburn , IL.
✟4,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
ShaunJ said:
I was thinking today (yay for me! ;) ).
What are your views on Christian couples using Adult toys and things in their sex life.
I'm not talking about watching inappropriate contentography together or anything like that but do you think its OK to use the Adult "toys"?
I myself would not see a problem with it if they were for erotic times between you and your spouse.
Sex is something God gave us to enjoy and I myself see nothing wrong with them.
I guess the reason I am asking is because, I still have some toys from when my fiancé and I were promiscuous. They are things we used before we became Christian and in less then 2 weeks we will be married and sexually active.

Should I keep them or toss them out?
Men are impatient creatures , who like toys .... if I find the right wiggle , vibrating , size , shape .... then ...

Actually , if you sit down and talk , honestly , direct one another's hands
show them what is best / how ... then quality , trust , team work provides some thing that blesses you both . What you enjoy , you do again , what is strained , you put off ..;)

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
tobeproverbs31 said:
I am glad someone else brought this up...My husband has purchased lots of toys recently...he says they are for me, but I am not comfortable. From a womans perspective I feel it cheapens intimacy. I would much rather just experiment one on one with no devices.
If it's something that your uncomfortable with, then your husband should be able to respect that. Anything that causes tension is not something that's healthy for the marriage. Time for a heart-to-heart, maybe? Good luck and prayers for you. :prayer: Welcome to CF.

Upvote 0

Andy Broadley

quam pulchra es amica mea quam pulchra
Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟535,043.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I don't think that there is a problem with marital aids, as long as both people are happy with it. Don't have any myself but we do send each other sexy e mails which works just as well. Like was said earlier, God invented sex and designed our bodies in such a way that it should be enjoyed and be fun.

The only danger I can see is if sex cannot be enjoyable without them. Then there is a problem.

Asked my wife once why she didn't moan when we made love, so the next night she said "that ceiling needs painting"! (sorry)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NoneyaBiznezz

Sinner
Jan 7, 2004
Where it snows
✟297.00
Faith
Christian
Ok, I just had to respond to this one...lol

Toys are a good thing but I would caution against use every time you and your spouse have an encounter. My wife likes the toys so I have a hard time denying her things that turn her on but this does bruise my ego a little at times ;) I can live with the bruises....lol

Upvote 0

RoyceP

Oct 23, 2004
✟232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be very careful! I bought my wife some sex positions books after we had been married 5 or so years ago. I found myself lusting over the images in these books and later I found my son looking at them. I thought I had hidden them for the kids but my son found them. I immediately burned the books realizing that I was creating a trigger for my son to get involved with inappropriate content. In truth, the books really taught is nothing that we had not or could not have learned on our own.

Royce.

Upvote 0

bshaw96

Oct 19, 2004
NC
✟15,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I'll give my 2 cents for what it's worth. My husband and I have "adult toys" that we use together. Im not speaking of inappropriate contentography either. We are married, have been for 8 years, and only recently discovered them. I am the type that will ask God anything (including issues on my sex life) and while He's never come back with a direct answer (might shock me anyway, lol), I have never once felt convicted for it. And believe me, I know when Ive done something that crosses the line in other areas of my life, there is just a knowing in me it is wrong. I see no reason He wouldn't give me the same knowing regarding this. JMO.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

startingover

Aug 12, 2004
✟205.00
Faith
Christian
Here are my 2 cents... If there is no one else involved in your "sex play," then go for it. By "no one else" I mean no one else physically present or present in any sort of media.

I, too, had a Kama Sutra and was always uncomfortable with my now-ex husband looking at the other women in the book. Before that, we had such a good time thinking up new positions ourselves.

I shopped online for toys. I do not want to be surounded with inappropriate content, like at adult stores. Try drugstore or amazon. com for games, vibrators, etc. I think that they can enhance a couple's sex life, especially if the woman has a very hard time reaching [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].

Upvote 0

Kokopelli

Stoic seeker of the truth
Dec 11, 2003
the arm pit of the world
✟16,447.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am half tempted to make a smart alec comment, but I think it'll hold my toung. My wife and I have been to those shops. They have string of them on the interstates called, "We Bare All." Ironically, when we did go in one, looking for toys, I wasn't lusting after the women performing their acts. Not because I was afraid with the wife present, but they simply did not keep my interest.

Our marraige has had a few "toys" for her and the Kama Sutra book. Asside from handcuffs, I am really disinterested in the "toys," mainly because: 1. prefer the real thing.
29_3_4.gif
2. Call me a luddite, but I have a hesitations about using something that carries an electrical charge, albiet a small one, in that area. ^_^

Upvote 0

forgiven_by_jesus

Nov 11, 2004
Dallas, TX
✟112.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hello all, I am new to this and would like to ask an embarassing question. My husband and I have used Adult toys for years and we see nothing wrong with it. But the bible states that you are not to sodomize someone, do you think that is the same situation with adult toys? My husband and I just do not want to cross the line.

With love in Christ

Christy:bow:

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
forgiven_by_jesus said:
Hello all, I am new to this and would like to ask an embarassing question. My husband and I have used Adult toys for years and we see nothing wrong with it. But the bible states that you are not to sodomize someone, do you think that is the same situation with adult toys? My husband and I just do not want to cross the line.

With love in Christ

Christy:bow:
I think that as long as both you and your husband are comfortable with it, there's nothing wrong with it.

Welcome to CF. :wave:

Upvote 0