Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Don't discount action figures. Sometimes a battle between Star Wars and Star Trek figures can end in a make-out session.

And you don't even mean role playing costumes - that's the best part of this post.

images

Upvote 0

heliumskylark

Dec 10, 2015
UK
✟7,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't discount action figures. Sometimes a battle between Star Wars and Star Trek figures can end in a make-out session.

:tearsofjoy: I don't know what exactly you have in mind here, but working in maternity and female sexual health I can tell you that Disney action figures are amongst the weirder things that get abandoned inside womens' vaginas. Coins are the other unusual one. I'm no prude, but... :flushed:

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow. Just when I thought I heard everything. Disney figures inside vaginas..... o_O Whatever floats your boat I guess but hopefully these figures are not ones their kids were playing with. Though to be fair I have heard of women who using vibrating video game controllers. Which makes me cautious about touching a controller of a women whos play games. I guess in the end of course its not a sin to use such things. Just very weird to think about.

Upvote 0

coloradoguy

Aug 5, 2014
Denver
✟15,419.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And you don't even mean role playing costumes - that's the best part of this post.

Or video games...

My wife and I have been using adult toys since the beginning, not out of any kind of substitution but enhancement of our sex life. The only issue we've ever found is that sometimes we feel like the only Christians in the world, who are, not 100% vanilla. My advice would to know yourself, your partner, and your relationship; discussion is key for everything.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I was thinking today (yay for me! ;) ).
What are your views on Christian couples using Adult toys and things in their sex life.
I'm not talking about watching inappropriate contentography together or anything like that but do you think its OK to use the Adult "toys"?
I myself would not see a problem with it if they were for erotic times between you and your spouse.
Sex is something God gave us to enjoy and I myself see nothing wrong with them.
I guess the reason I am asking is because, I still have some toys from when my fiancé and I were promiscuous. They are things we used before we became Christian and in less then 2 weeks we will be married and sexually active.

Should I keep them or toss them out?

There's nothing inherently "wrong" with sex toys in a Biblical sense, though I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find someone who managed to manipulate and mistranslate the Sacred Law to such an extent. Having to use them just means you're impotent which is symptomatic of a much deeper problem. That's nothing anti-Biblical, merely a neurosis. I would worry about that personally. What's missing? Figure that out because if not it will manifest itself in other areas and may blindside you and severely harm the relationship.

EDIT: Ok. Who's the forum Jesus.. Because someone raised this thread from the dead.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The only issue we've ever found is that sometimes we feel like the only Christians in the world, who are, not 100% vanilla. My advice would to know yourself, your partner, and your relationship; discussion is key for everything.

We have never tried toys, and have no desire to, but...to each his (and her) own! :D

You are certainly NOT the only non-vanilla Christians out there...:cool:

Upvote 0

JojotheBeloved

Part of the Family
Apr 18, 2014
✟8,622.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I was thinking today (yay for me! ;) ).
What are your views on Christian couples using Adult toys and things in their sex life.
I'm not talking about watching inappropriate contentography together or anything like that but do you think its OK to use the Adult "toys"?
I myself would not see a problem with it if they were for erotic times between you and your spouse.
Sex is something God gave us to enjoy and I myself see nothing wrong with them.
I guess the reason I am asking is because, I still have some toys from when my fiancé and I were promiscuous. They are things we used before we became Christian and in less then 2 weeks we will be married and sexually active.

Should I keep them or toss them out?

In my view toys are fine in marriage as long as both partners are agreed on it. Talk to your fiance.

Upvote 0

JojotheBeloved

Part of the Family
Apr 18, 2014
✟8,622.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think the toys are fine if you both agree to their use. But I'd advise pitching the old ones and waiting to see what, if anything, you'd like to acquire later on. It just seems appropriate for a new start in a new life in a new marriage - sort of like geting new sheets.

I like this idea too.

Upvote 0

Hotinco

Mar 6, 2016
Colorado, Denver Metro
✟11,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
More from a spiritual side of things. I understand the biological affects of using them.
I have seen some that if they only could talk would have me kicked out of the house. ;)

Sense I have joined the Christian community it seems sex is a hush hush subject. Like its wrong to talk about or something? From what I gather God happens to like sex.

You are right sex as a subject in "Christian" circles is taboo, that leads to o many problems in the "church" and christian marriages. Why doe sit need to be taboo, God create us man and woman. God wants us to enjoy all aspects of marriage. I believe the more we talk about sex and marriage (in appropriate settings and context) the less problems young couples will have. So many coupes hide problems because all they have heard growing up is if you have a problem you are not right with God, or Christians don't have problems in marriage. They are taught sex is a bad thing, no it is not but it does have a right place and time. We need to teach proper biblical facts not personal convictions or between the lines interpretations.

With that all said, adult toys in a marriage are perfectly fine, provided the biblical guidelines are followed. What happens between a married couple is perfectly fine provided they are in agreement and it is between them. No bringing extra people into the mix.

So rules - both parties agree, nothing is hidden or kept from the other partner. Nothing is in lieu of withholding from a partner. God created as sexual beings for a reason.

So many people have different views on this, but it should all be challenged against scripture. God can and does give individual personal limitations. However those are personal not to be forced on others as biblical absolutes. Just as some people should not drink alcohol for personal reasons doe snot mean it is a biblical mandate that no one drink alcohol.

Explorer life with your partner and enjoy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
^Exactly.

Growing up we only hear "Sex is bad!". But past that theres no preaching on its not bad ONCE married. Or how wonderful it is, as God designed it to be once married. Or how you can do anything together once married. So many just carry around that most sex is bad once married because no one told them otherwise. Granted I realize a pastor probably would never talk about sex in marriage at a sunday service. If he did he would also have to talk about the Song of Solomon, which most agree is VERY graphic in what it talks about. Thus showing how wonderful sex is in marriage and how we should embrace it.

Also I notice many get into the issue of how to have sex properly as a christian. They won't read anything about (to be blunt) "positions" because they think its equivalent to inappropriate content for some reason. Thus they think its a sin. I mean yes if your watching inappropriate content, its a sin. But if your reading an actually book about sex in marriage and its NOT inappropriate content related, its not a sin. There are even christian sites that talk about "things" you can try to help spice things up. People need to distinguish the difference between flat out inappropriate content and educating themselves on sex. Theres also plenty of books and sites that won't show anything, not even drawings. Granted it may be harder to understand, but you can still learn.

Recently we met with our pastor (about my parents really) and he was talking about when anyone comes in for any kind of counseling so many people are afraid to talk about anything because hes a pastor. For example he said many couples before getting married will have pre-marital counselling and when talks he will get to the issue of sex and they blush and are surprised a pastor, such holy men of God, would talk about sex. He tells them its Gods invention and its nothing to be shameful of but should be embraced.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0