Vaccine mandates for indoor dining and theater are coming to New York City - Vox

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Rapture is something to be far more thankful for than a vaccine is. It just depends on whether a person is worldly-minded or earthly-minded which of these a person is more thankful for.
Oh I guess I missed that verse that says "be thankful for some things more than other things". What I have read is this:
1 Thessalonians 5:18
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

I guess I'm wrong but I thank God for all things and I don't place a weight of thankfulness on different things. I'm as thankful for my next breath as I am for a drink of water as for the the beauty of God's creation as for anything else.

So how do you make your determination about what to be more thankful for and what to be less thankful for? What verses do you recommend that instruct on this?

The pharmaceutical companies have CEOs and president and directors. It's possible some of them are referred to by their employees as "lord", but I'm not aware of any examples of that.
Yes, it's possible. It's possible that some farmers are called "lord" by their neighbors. It's possible that the CEOs of pharmaceutical companies call the maintenance workers "lord". It's possible that some auto mechanics call the cashier at the grocery store "lord". But I'm not aware of any examples of any of that.

So what was your point with the inane musing of the possibility that some people call other people "lord" despite have zero examples of it?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You don't have to explain anything to me or anyone else. Nobody is forcing you to.

I think it's important to note that there's a difference between 'feeling' forced and actually being forced. It's a matter of blaming - when someone "feels" something and blames another person or thing for their feeling then they are taking away their own control and giving it over to something or someone else in order to then blame it.

Would this principle also apply to feeling offended by hearing a "wrong" pronoun, or a sports team with a traditional name?

I know the difference between an empty and real apology. I apologize if you are unable to understand and feel differently, please forgive me for your shortcomings in that.

Matt 18:21
Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother who sins against me? Up to seven times?”

At least start with "once".

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Would this principle also apply to feeling offended by hearing a "wrong" pronoun, or a sports team with a traditional name?
Feeling offended is everyone's right. So is feeling forced. But feeling forced and being forced are two different things, and feeling offended is something entirely different.

Matt 18:21
Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother who sins against me? Up to seven times?”

At least start with "once".
I'd be happy to if I knew what it was for. I have asked but it's not clear. Asking me for forgiveness for my wrongdoing doesn't make sense. How can I forgive someone for something they perceive me as doing wrong?

If you don't understand, please forgive me for your inability to understand what I'm saying.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh I guess I missed that verse that says "be thankful for some things more than other things". What I have read is this:
1 Thessalonians 5:18
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

I guess I'm wrong but I thank God for all things and I don't place a weight of thankfulness on different things. I'm as thankful for my next breath as I am for a drink of water as for the the beauty of God's creation as for anything else.

Looking back in this thread alone, I haven't seen evidence supporting this.

Yes, it's possible. It's possible that some farmers are called "lord" by their neighbors. It's possible that the CEOs of pharmaceutical companies call the maintenance workers "lord". It's possible that some auto mechanics call the cashier at the grocery store "lord". But I'm not aware of any examples of any of that.

Does this mean that the pharmaceutical companies are what you were referring to when you claimed that the Lord gave you the vaccine?

So what was your point with the inane musing of the possibility that some people call other people "lord" despite have zero examples of it?

It just seemed odd that you referred to the pharmaceutical companies that created and distributed these experimental substances as "Lord", and how thankful you are to them.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Feeling offended is everyone's right. So is feeling forced. But feeling forced and being forced are two different things, and feeling offended is something entirely different.

Does that mean a woman who wants an abortion in a place where Planned Parenthood is shut down is not forced to get an abortion from a "less safe" provider?

I'd be happy to if I knew what it was for. I have asked but it's not clear. Asking me for forgiveness for my wrongdoing doesn't make sense. How can I forgive someone for something they perceive me as doing wrong?

You should have read more carefully what was said in order to gain understanding.

If you don't understand, please forgive me for your inability to understand what I'm saying.

You are forgiven. Go and sin no more.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Lol there you go again saying I don't have to explain my situation
Well, you don't. But you chose to and then you are getting upset claiming that I don't understand your situation.

and then assuming you know my situation.
I'm not assuming anything, but I am going on what you've told me. As I said, you don't have to explain anything, but you chose to lead with an explanation that wasn't asked for. If you are explaining in order for me or others to understand and we're not understanding then perhaps you aren't explaining well enough. So it's up to you if and how much you explain, but I have no control over understanding things that are left out of your explanation.

I am NOT in charge of the house my wife's parents are. I pay rent and have some say but they can just as easily kick me out and they said they want everyone in the house to be vaccinated months ago.
Well when I said you were head of your household I meant it in the Biblical sense of the man being the headship of the wife and family unit. This would also mean that where you choose to live is your choice - and it is, is it not?

Nothing at all wrong with choosing to live with your in-laws but making that choice means accepting the conditions that come with it. You have other choices for living arrangements. It seems that you believe the pros far outweigh the cons of living with your in-laws (which makes sense).\

In all of this, I don't see your point of being 'forced' when in fact you have choices and are making your own decisions but then complaining about being 'forced'. And instead of explaining it further you choose to get upset with me and complain that I'm not understanding.

I think you want me to just accept your frustration and hostility towards the government and pro-vaccine people (like me with my OP) and thereby just accept your criticism of my OP and my position without questioning it even though I don't agree. Well, that's just not realistic, especially in a "Discussion and Debate" forum. Most likely I will Discuss and Debate the issue with you. I mean, it's not a "State Your Opinion for Others To Blindly Agree" forum.

I'm done arguing I've made my point, I hope we can forgive each other for any wrongs we might have caused and move forward. I look forward to Heaven where everything will be revealed and there wont be any more debates or questions everything will be answered :)
I can forgive anything and am happy to. If you can identify a wrong that you wish forgiveness for I will forgive it. But it can't be my wrong, it would have to be your wrong - i can't forgive you for my wrong.

I, too, look forward to heaven. But I know we are here on earth and should be serving the Lord. I hope to do that, even in these discussions and debates. The Lord says to study to show yourself approved and I hope that these forums edify me in that manner by exposing me to different views and opinions. At one time in my life I wished away the days but now I appreciate the struggles and questions that make life the way it is. It is all a gift from God, as I see it. He created it. This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Well, you don't. But you chose to and then you are getting upset claiming that I don't understand your situation.

I'm not assuming anything, but I am going on what you've told me. As I said, you don't have to explain anything, but you chose to lead with an explanation that wasn't asked for. If you are explaining in order for me or others to understand and we're not understanding then perhaps you aren't explaining well enough. So it's up to you if and how much you explain, but I have no control over understanding things that are left out of your explanation.

Well when I said you were head of your household I meant it in the Biblical sense of the man being the headship of the wife and family unit. This would also mean that where you choose to live is your choice - and it is, is it not?

Nothing at all wrong with choosing to live with your in-laws but making that choice means accepting the conditions that come with it. You have other choices for living arrangements. It seems that you believe the pros far outweigh the cons of living with your in-laws (which makes sense).\

In all of this, I don't see your point of being 'forced' when in fact you have choices and are making your own decisions but then complaining about being 'forced'. And instead of explaining it further you choose to get upset with me and complain that I'm not understanding.

I think you want me to just accept your frustration and hostility towards the government and pro-vaccine people (like me with my OP) and thereby just accept your criticism of my OP and my position without questioning it even though I don't agree. Well, that's just not realistic, especially in a "Discussion and Debate" forum. Most likely I will Discuss and Debate the issue with you. I mean, it's not a "State Your Opinion for Others To Blindly Agree" forum.

I can forgive anything and am happy to. If you can identify a wrong that you wish forgiveness for I will forgive it. But it can't be my wrong, it would have to be your wrong - i can't forgive you for my wrong.

I, too, look forward to heaven. But I know we are here on earth and should be serving the Lord. I hope to do that, even in these discussions and debates. The Lord says to study to show yourself approved and I hope that these forums edify me in that manner by exposing me to different views and opinions. At one time in my life I wished away the days but now I appreciate the struggles and questions that make life the way it is. It is all a gift from God, as I see it. He created it. This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Fair enough, I see us as two Christians who believe in the same God but have differing views on the vaccine and the role the government has and can play in our lives. I have my view you have yours.

My apology was for this: I posted a meme at the beginning and slightly mocked your enthusiasm of the news that was posted in your OP, so for that I am sorry. I also know that you can't really raise your voice when typing UNLESS ALL CAPS COUNTS now that i think of it that does count but believe me if I was speaking I would've been yelling at the previous posts today, and for that I apologize as well.

Have a good day and maybe I'll see you on another thread :)

• Friendly
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Looking back in this thread alone, I haven't seen evidence supporting this.
Oh, I have. You directly stated it, in fact. You said:
"The Rapture is something to be far more thankful for than a vaccine is. It just depends on whether a person is worldly-minded or earthly-minded which of these a person is more thankful for."

So there you go - your own words. I guess you don't have any scripture to back it up after all, huh... I figured it wasn't Biblical and that it was your own fabrication. So which is it, worldly-minded or earthly-minded?

Does this mean that the pharmaceutical companies are what you were referring to when you claimed that the Lord gave you the vaccine?
How in the world would you make that leap? Do you not understand the difference between "lord" and "the Lord"? Seriously? Let me know if you need that explained.

It just seemed odd that you referred to the pharmaceutical companies that created and distributed these experimental substances as "Lord", and how thankful you are to them.
Where did I do that? Stop making up lies.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Fair enough, I see us as two Christians who believe in the same God but have differing views on the vaccine and the role the government has and can play in our lives. I have my view you have yours.

My apology was for this: I posted a meme at the beginning and slightly mocked your enthusiasm of the news that was posted in your OP, so for that I am sorry. I also know that you can't really raise your voice when typing UNLESS ALL CAPS COUNTS now that i think of it that does count but believe me if I was speaking I would've been yelling at the previous posts today, and for that I apologize as well.

Have a good day and maybe I'll see you on another thread :)
Thank you, I honestly didn't realize that you would have been yelling and to be honest I don't mind disagreement so most of your posts I didn't take as mocking, other than several of the "Lol"s - but consider it forgiven and forgotten. God bless you!

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh, I have. You directly stated it, in fact. You said:
"The Rapture is something to be far more thankful for than a vaccine is. It just depends on whether a person is worldly-minded or earthly-minded which of these a person is more thankful for."

So there you go - your own words. I guess you don't have any scripture to back it up after all, huh... I figured it wasn't Biblical and that it was your own fabrication. So which is it, worldly-minded or earthly-minded?

What point are you attempting to make by quoting one of my past posts?

How in the world would you make that leap? Do you not understand the difference between "lord" and "the Lord"? Seriously? Let me know if you need that explained.

Context.

Where did I do that? Stop making up lies.

^_^

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I look forward to Heaven where everything will be revealed and there wont be any more debates or questions everything will be answered :)
That sounds like a horrible state of being to me.

• Agree
Reactions: jacknife
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I look forward to Heaven where everything will be revealed and there wont be any more debates or questions everything will be answered
I really hope that works out for you!
I’d imagine you might find out that the concepts and precepts that you lived your life around where as dross.

I do not think that souls will be commended for not taking a vaccine, though.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That sounds like a horrible state of being to me.

There's another location with an alternate state of being where pain, confusion, dread, sadness, and never-ending regret are the norm. To each their own.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
There's another location with an alternate state of being where pain, confusion, dread, sadness, and never-ending regret are the norm. To each their own.
Such a binary worldview.

I'm happy my religion is more variable.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Such a binary worldview.

I'm happy my religion is more variable.

It's not a worldview. It's scripture-view.

Some even see Christ as the only way to God the Father as being too narrow of a view. But once again, it's the way it is. Some of us may prefer it be a different way, but there are many things in life that aren't to our preferences.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Yes, thank you NYC for being the first to openly declare itself a fascist, Hitler-loving hellhole.
you really have no idea what the heck fascism is do you. you probably live a nice fat soft life. but you sure can throw labels around. all it makes you look like to others is another childish whiner.

Upvote 0